PDA

View Full Version : All - NFLDC MLB - Brian Urlacher

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 07:26 AM
This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to command the middle

All MLB's have been chosen for either their ability to rush the passer, stop the run, tackle, cover, read plays, call the defence

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG - Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings (Runner Up - Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys)
C - Olin Kreutz - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - LeCharles Bentley - Cleveland Browns)
RG - Will Shields - KC Chiefs (Runner Up - Chris Naeole - Jacksonville Jaguars)
RT - Willie Anderson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - George Foster - Denver Broncos)
TE - Antonio Gates - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Jason Witten - Dallas Cowboys)
RE - Michael Strahan - NY Giants (Runner Up - Dwight Freeney - Indianapolis Colts)
DT - Shaun Rogers - Detroit Lions (Runner Up - John Henderson - Jacksonville Jaguars)
DT - Marcus Stroud - Jacksonville Jaguars (Runner Up - Kevin Williams - Minnisota Vikings)
LE - Julius Peppers - Carolina Panthers (Runner Up - Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins)
WOLB - Keith Bulluck - Tennessee Titans (Runner Up - Derrick Brooks - Tampa Bay)
MLB - Brian Urlacher - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - Ray Lewis - Baltimore Ravens)
SOLB - Takeo Spikes - Buffalo Bills (Runner Up - Marcus Washington - Washington Redskins)
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS MLB IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST MLB

ADDITION
When DE's and OLB's are selected if the two winners/runners up are from the same side then I will decide who i believe will be best able too cope with a side switch.

ADDITION #2
Due too contravrtial circumstances Keith Brooking has not been awarded the runner up for WLB instead it has ben given too third place Derrick Brooks. This comes after twice Brooking recieved a mass influx of votes in a small period of time and P-L announcing someone had multiple accounts on the same IP. I made the decision too not award him the Runner Up. Any Problems PM me.

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86

duckseason
08-09-2006, 07:34 AM
I think Urlacher is now carrying the Torch once held by some of the others in the poll. Absolute Beast who's in his prime.
All heart.

Jughead10
08-09-2006, 07:39 AM
I'm a little upset Antonio Pierce isn't an option. Not that I would vote for him, but he is better than quite a few guys on this list. You leave Pierce off this poll but you had Carlos Emmons on another? That makes little sense. I love Trotter but I went Urlacher here. He means so much to that defense.

tylaw24
08-09-2006, 07:43 AM
Brian Urlacher

duckseason
08-09-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm a little upset Antonio Pierce isn't an option. Not that I would vote for him, but he is better than quite a few guys on this list. You leave Pierce off this poll but you had Carlos Emmons on another? That makes little sense. I love Trotter but I went Urlacher here. He means so much to that defense.

I agree. If you list a third of the NFL's MLB's, Pierce should definitely be included.
Stephenson must have just over-looked him while browsing the depth charts.

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 07:49 AM

it was him or barnett, i went with barnett in the end, trust me i considered him

duckseason
08-09-2006, 07:51 AM

it was him or barnett, i went with barnett in the end, trust me i considered him

:P Nice sig quote :wink:

Jughead10
08-09-2006, 07:52 AM

I would have figured to take London Fletcher or Mike Peterson off. It doesn't really matter. This poll is really only between about 3 people, if that.

Don Vito
08-09-2006, 07:56 AM
I am a big fan of both Dan Morgan and Al Wilson but the best MLB in the league has to be Urlacher.

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 08:00 AM

I would have figured to take London Fletcher or Mike Peterson off. It doesn't really matter. This poll is really only between about 3 people, if that.
london fletcher and mike peterson are tckling machines who always make the play

Jughead10
08-09-2006, 08:08 AM

Yet are both not the player that Antonio Pierce is. Both Fletcher and Peterson benefit extremely from the huge DTs they play behind. Well not anymore with Fletcher. However Mike Peterson couldn't even play the MIKE for more than half the teams in the NFL.

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 08:09 AM

Peterson does put up ridiculous numbers.

I voted ZT because I am an optimistic. :wink: Seriously though, if he didn't hurt his shoulder he would have gotten over 200 tackles last year. easily. Guy is a monster. It will be Vilma in a year or two.

Jughead10
08-09-2006, 08:11 AM

Peterson does put up ridiculous numbers.

I voted ZT because I am an optimistic. :wink: Seriously though, if he didn't hurt his shoulder he would have gotten over 200 tackles last year. easily. Guy is a monster. It will be Vilma in a year or two.

I don't know about Vilma being the best in a year or two. Not with Mangini switching to a 3-4 defense. Vilma might be best suited to play a Derrick Brooks role as a WLB in a Cover 2.

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Why would he play the Derrick Brooks role when he is a dominant MLB?

Jughead10
08-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Well I don't think he will be a dominant MLB anymore. Not in a 3-4 defense. He could go elsewhere and still be a dominant MLB, but I think he could be maybe even better in that other role.

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Well I don't think he will be a dominant MLB anymore. Not in a 3-4 defense. He could go elsewhere and still be a dominant MLB, but I think he could be maybe even better in that other role.

Why don't you think he will dominant in the 3-4?

Jughead10
08-09-2006, 08:37 AM

He is a bit small and not overly strong enough to shed big blockers that he will be facing a 3-4 defense. He won't be awful, but he won't be the player he is right now.

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 09:09 AM

He is a bit small and not overly strong enough to shed big blockers that he will be facing a 3-4 defense. He won't be awful, but he won't be the player he is right now.

Tell that to Zach Thomas. :?

Jughead10
08-09-2006, 09:10 AM

How much 3-4 did the Dolphins play last year? Zach probably won't be as good of a player in a 3-4 as well. Unless he plays next to a huge ILB. Which I don't think will be the case.

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 09:12 AM

How much 3-4 did the Dolphins play last year? Zach probably won't be as good of a player in a 3-4 as well. Unless he plays next to a huge ILB. Which I don't think will be the case.

We ran it a good amount and Zach pretty much had his best year.

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM

We ran it a good amount and Zach pretty much had his best year.

vilma will donminate still, he jut wont put up as many tackles

DMWSackMachine
08-09-2006, 11:04 AM
The scheme may not suit him well, but I gave my vote to Vilma, because I think he's got next. Urlacher is better now. Probably the same with Wilson and Morgan. But I just really like Vilma, and think he has it in him to be a special player.

ShutDwn
08-09-2006, 11:12 AM
I am glad Morgan is on there. It is too bad he hasn't played a whole season. I think that if he were truely healthy for a couple seasons he would establich himself as a top 5 MLB in the league and a consistand probowler

my vote is for Urlacher though

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I voted Al Wilson because I am optimistic.

Smooth Criminal
08-09-2006, 11:24 AM
I would have thought Farrior would be in the poll. Not a big deal though as Urlacher is the best.

Shane P. Hallam
08-09-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd go Urlacher. The question is who will get votes who shouldn't? Hmmm, I'm guessing Al Wilson...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-09-2006, 11:31 AM
I'd go Urlacher. The question is who will get votes who shouldn't? Hmmm, I'm guessing Al Wilson...

Al Wilson is great. He may not be as good as Urlacher, but he deserves at least the 2 votes he's gotten.

bearsfan_51
08-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Brian Urlacher is the best defensive player in the game. He's head and shoulders above everyone else on the list.

Ravens1991
08-09-2006, 11:35 AM
homerism was oozing out but I did the right thing and picked Urlacher.

yourfavestoner
08-09-2006, 12:32 PM
So if everybody's voting Urlacher, how the hell does washed up Ray Lewis have 13 votes?

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 12:37 PM
So if everybody's voting Urlacher, how the hell does washed up Ray Lewis have 13 votes?

Because there are people out there with a bunch of accounts that keep voting.

America
08-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah Ray has a ton of votes that he shouldn't have. I'm not that big of a fan of Urlacher. Before this year everyone was saying he's overrated, now he's the best by far..I just don't see it. To me, there isn't one top guy, they all are kind of in a group up at the top. But I think Vilma will emerge in 2-3 years.

XxXdragonXxX
08-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I voted Urlacher...but I'd just like to say.

LOFA IS GOD.

Ward
08-09-2006, 01:53 PM
This poll is a sham if Lewis wins.

Ravens1991
08-09-2006, 01:57 PM
This poll is a sham if Lewis wins.

I think this mysterious has about 10-12 accounts so about now it seems like Lewis has a chance to win but another person jumps right ahead at the end to take it.

smittyjs
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Brian Urlacher

08-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Honestly this was only between 3 people.

08-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Honestly this was only between 3 people.

whose the 3rd?

Shiver
08-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Give me Jonathan Vilma over Ray Lewis anyday.

08-09-2006, 02:36 PM

not this season but any season afterwards no doubt

GB12
08-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Brian Urlacher is the best defensive player in the game. He's head and shoulders above everyone else on the list.

A couple years ago Urlacher-Lewis could be an argument but NO way anymore Urlacher should have 100% of the votes

Shiver
08-09-2006, 02:50 PM

not this season but any season afterwards no doubt

Ray's past his prime. It's too bad Mangini is wasting Vilma's talent in a 3-4.

bearfan
08-09-2006, 02:55 PM
here are my top 3:
Urlacher
Vilma
Lewis

should have been tat way IMO. Any Lewis votes IMO are going torwards the old lewis

Shiver
08-09-2006, 02:55 PM
here are my top 3:
Urlacher
Vilma
Lewis

should have been that way IMO. Any Lewis votes IMO are going torwards the old lewis

Agreed 100%

08-09-2006, 03:03 PM
here are my top 3:
Urlacher
Vilma
Lewis

should have been tat way IMO. Any Lewis votes IMO are going torwards the old lewis

Lewis is over Vilma at his point b/c vilma is hurt by playing in the 3-4 but urlacher is clearly the best

mcdlaxbonz13
08-09-2006, 03:10 PM
im surprised you didnt put andra davis on the list, that guy is a tackling machine, some places site him with 149 tackles other places credit him with 199 tackles either way that is a lot of tackles in a season missed half of last season and still had 90 tackles and the season before that he had 170 so i think he deserves his credit.

but since he isnt on the list urlacher

GB12
08-09-2006, 03:18 PM
im surprised you didnt put andra davis on the list, that guy is a tackling machine, some places site him with 149 tackles other places credit him with 199 tackles either way that is a lot of tackles in a season missed half of last season and still had 90 tackles and the season before that he had 170 so i think he deserves his credit.

but since he isnt on the list urlacher

:? Are you saying that if he was on there you would take him over Urlacher

mcdlaxbonz13
08-09-2006, 03:20 PM
oh no sorry guess that came out wrong, im just saying i think he is more deserving to be on there over some of the other people, sorry how it came out

Shiver
08-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah Ray has a ton of votes that he shouldn't have. I'm not that big of a fan of Urlacher. Before this year everyone was saying he's overrated, now he's the best by far..I just don't see it. To me, there isn't one top guy, they all are kind of in a group up at the top. But I think Vilma will emerge in 2-3 years.

People are wishy-washy.

2003 - Donovan McNabb is very overrated, he's a inaccurate QB.
2004 - Donovan McNabb is one of the best QBs in the league!

2004 - Brian Urlacher is the great white hype, he doesn't make plays.
2005 - Brian Urlacher is a gamebreaker.

GB12
08-09-2006, 03:30 PM
oh no sorry guess that came out wrong, im just saying i think he is more deserving to be on there over some of the other people, sorry how it came out

OK I kind of got it but I was just making sure. :wink:

SuperMcGee
08-09-2006, 03:40 PM

Yet are both not the player that Antonio Pierce is. Both Fletcher and Peterson benefit extremely from the huge DTs they play behind. Well not anymore with Fletcher. However Mike Peterson couldn't even play the MIKE for more than half the teams in the NFL.

"not anymore with Fletcher" started last season, in which he had his best season ever after losing Pat Williams (who was replaced with the quite possibly the worst starting DT rotation last year in Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson). Then there was Sam Adams, who had possibly the worst season of his career after getting into his "I dont want to play here anymore" phase and getting benched.
Fletcher is a top 5 MLB. The odd thing is, he's possibly only the 3rd best in his division

thetedginnshow
08-09-2006, 03:47 PM
You have Nick Barnett on there, as well as Jeremiah Trotter but not Lofa Tatupu? Not that he should come close to winning this thing, but well, they shouldn't even be on the poll.

I voted for Urlacher, btw.

RCAChainGang
08-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Urlacher is the best. It was Ray lewis a few years ago, but not now.

rchrd
08-09-2006, 03:51 PM
If it's easy for a Viking to vote Urlacher there should be no problem in him walking this vote.

SuperMcGee
08-09-2006, 03:59 PM
London is the only one without a vote :(

Its gotta be Urlacher. Then theres a large quagmire between Wilson and the AFC East

mcdlaxbonz13
08-09-2006, 04:12 PM
i really dont like when people over praise someone for having a good rookie season which i think is why lofa isnt on the list, they should have at least 3 good seasons under their belt before considered top in the league. just my own opinion though

Jensen
08-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Brian Urlacher.

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 05:21 PM

thats why he wont be the runner up, im disqualifying all his votes :wink:

08-09-2006, 07:01 PM

actually i bet all of his votes are legit, ppl are voting for the ray lewis of old

Ho0k Em'
08-09-2006, 07:16 PM
You have Nick Barnett on there, as well as Jeremiah Trotter but not Lofa Tatupu? Not that he should come close to winning this thing, but well, they shouldn't even be on the poll.

You think Tatupu is better than possibly the best run-stopping MLB in the league.

XxXdragonXxX
08-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Trotter may be the best run-stopping MLB in the NFL, but LOFA IS GOD!

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 07:31 PM

actually i bet all of his votes are legit, ppl are voting for the ray lewis of old
from reading though, i get the impression that his votes came in very fast and then slowed

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Lofa is not better than Barnett or Trotter.

Canadian_kid16
08-09-2006, 07:55 PM

from reading though, i get the impression that his votes came in very fast and then slowed

:lol: if people are doing that...they have no lives :lol:

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 08:01 PM

:lol: if people are doing that...they have no lives :lol:

His votes aren't legit, they all came at once. It is pretty sad.

thetedginnshow
08-09-2006, 08:02 PM

You think Tatupu is better than possibly the best run-stopping MLB in the league.

Well, no, not at the moment, but you missed the point. The point was that those two shouldn't even be an option in this poll.

GB12
08-09-2006, 08:03 PM

Well, no, not at the moment, but you missed the point. The point was that those two shouldn't even be an option in this poll.

I have to agree with draftguru

thetedginnshow
08-09-2006, 08:06 PM
...Is it possible to miss the point after it's been explained? :lol:

The Unseen
08-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I voted for Mike Peterson, but then I saw that you weren't supposed to be a homer, LOL. Oops...