PDA

View Full Version : Quinn in Alameda

Windy
04-17-2007, 07:03 PM
http://ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

I still wouldn't mind him, especially if we trade down.

RaiderNation
04-17-2007, 07:21 PM
would love to get him if we trade down

Paranoidmoonduck
04-17-2007, 07:44 PM
I would hate the selection #1 overall, but I wouldn't mind it at #4 or lower.

raidersfanxxx
04-17-2007, 09:49 PM
it would be a great move if we could do that

locseti
04-17-2007, 10:15 PM
This is what I'm calling the best case scenario.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
It would be a brilliant move for the Raiders if they traded down and were able to get him. The guy is a stud, as he played with a horrific OL his entire career. He didn't have great talent around him, and that's what he'd be getting at Oakland, apart from Moss. JR may have been a product of the great players around him, and Quinn may be a better fit for the hybrid WCO. I don't think you can go wrong with Quinn, and a couple extra draft picks, hell, he might even go #1 overall if they want him that badly.

TRJ997
04-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Detroit definitely isn't trading up, and I doubt Cleveland would either with JR, Quinn, or AD being available when they pick. That leaves TB trading up for CJ. What kind of deal could be struck that would be acceptable to both sides?

According to the chart TB would have to give their 1st, 2a, 2b, 3rd, and 4th rounders to make the trade equal. Obviously that isn't happening, so how little would Oakland be willing to accept? I have a hard time believing that TB would even give up their 1st and both 2nds (for a WR), which would be the bare minimum Oakland would consider. Oakland trading down is extremely unlikely, imo.

661rep
04-18-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't like Quinn at #1... however I like the idea of trading down and getting some extra picks and then selecting Quinn.

Komp
04-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Yah I think everyone would be happy with Quinn at #4. I think he is a better prospect than Leinart was last year. I really have no idea how high we are on JR in comparison to Quinn. Our staff is doing a good job not showing their hand right now. I really think they want to trade down.

NotoRussell
04-19-2007, 02:42 PM
yeah, trade down to 4th and draft Peterson or Thomas, because all the other players were already gone.CJ to Tamba, JR to Lions and BQ to Browns. that's a horrible scenario!

RaiderNation
04-19-2007, 08:44 PM
JR to Lions

no way they take JR, adams or trade down

mhuff21
04-19-2007, 08:51 PM
that's why you draft Calvin Johnson and then trade for a package that you like ala the Chargers with Eli Manning.

andre patton
04-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah I think no matter what we PLAN on doing, we should draft CJ #1. If we want Russell or Quinn, we should get them at #4 and trade down so we can get a couple of 2nd round draft picks.

Otherwise, we just keep CJ.

NotoRussell
04-20-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm for keeping and trading Moss away in order to get more cap room

RaiderNation
04-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm for keeping and trading Moss away in order to get more cap room

that would be best case cenerio IMO. get rid of a cancer and get some cap space and draft a playmaker who looks to be a top 5 wr is 3 years

NotoRussell
04-20-2007, 03:53 PM
the new coaching staff is planning with new players and are ready to trade Moss and Porter away if the offer for them is OK.

raiderfan_89
04-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I would actually rather take quinn with the 1st overall pick.I don't want to get a QB who's positive attributes and reasons for being good in college who may not have those things in the NFL.With Brady I know we would take someone who can go to the pro bowl multiple times and can take is to the top as soon as possible. I don't want to wait for this overgrown kid to actually grow mentally. It will take Russel atleast 2 yrs at most. With our sketchy o-line we don't have that time. Ourbackfield and O-line have to gel immediately in order for both to accel. I mean, I know we are talking to CJ and Russell about getting their deals done but they are making a big mistake by not looking at their other options. If we take Quinn in the first we can take Kalil in the 2nd and marcus thomas in the 3rd.