PDA

View Full Version : Final mock w/trades...10 days out

superfly69
04-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Last one for me fellas. Enjoy doing what you do best...being critical (and I mean that in a positive way).

1. Oakland - JeMarcus Russell QB LSU - This pick seems to be one of two guys. Russell or Johnson. After missing out on Young last year, Davis takes the big arm.

2. Atlanta – Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech – Move up and take the big local wide out. Falcons have had bad luck when it comes to drafting receivers over the years. That’s ends here.

3. Cleveland – Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma – Russell appears to be the guy the Browns want. But with him gone they pass on Quinn and roll the dice on a talented but injury plagued RB.

4. Miami – Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame – Dolphins make the move up with Tampa to take the young gunslinger they need. With Johnson gone the Bucs are all too happy to make this move.

5. Arizona – Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin- It’s kind of hard to imagine the one player the Cards want falling right to them. But given the needs of the teams ahead of them, if nobody jumps them with a big trade, the stars may align much like last year.

6. Washington – Gaines Adams DE Clemson – I think the Skins would like to move down and pick up a few extra picks but if Adams is still on the board I think Snyder will pounce.

7. Minnesota - LaRon Landry S LSU – I know a DE like Anderson or Carriker is the popular pick here. But this team has drafted 2 DE’s in the last 3 drafts in round one. Bringing in a young safety to work behind and learn from Darren Sharper seems like a very smart move.

8. Detroit - Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss - I really think this would be a good trade down for Detroit. This is a player with great football intelligence and outstanding ability. I really think the only way he goes in the top 10 is to Detroit in a trade down.

9. Tampa Bay – Amobi Okoye DT Louisville – Has really moved up on draft boards over the last few months. This fills a need for the Bucs and is a more then worthy consolation prize for missing out on Johnson.

10. Houston – Levi Brown OT Penn State – This would give Schaub the one thing Carr never had…a true left tackle with all-pro potential.

11. San Francisco – Alan Branch DT Michigan – You run a 3-4 you need a nose tackle to eat up space and Branch might be the best one in the draft.

12. Buffalo – Leon Hall CB Michigan – Would have loved Willis and will probably draft him if he is available at 12. I also think they could move up if Peterson falls out of the top 5.

13. St. Louis – Adam Carriker DE Nebraska – Not necessarily a need position for the Rams but is a solid all around player who will give you 80 tackles and 8 sacks a season and can move inside on passing downs.

14. Carolina – Reggie Nelson FS Florida – Fills a need after losing Grant to Seattle as a free agent. A DE like Anderson or Carriker if either falls this far is a possibility as well.

15. Pittsburgh – Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas – Take the best defensive player still on the board. Anderson is a bit raw but is a huge DE who can player is a 3-4 or a 4-3.

16. Green Bay – Marshawn Lynch RB California – Lost Green to Houston and they need a power RB to take the pressure off the passing game with Favre coming back.

17. Jacksonville – Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh – Need someone opposite Rashean Mathis after Brian Williams struggles last season. Also lost Grant to free agency so a safety like Nelson or Griffen is a possibility.

18. Cincinnati – Jon Beason LB Miami – Need a hard-nosed LB to anchor the middle and help stop the run. This maybe high for Beason but his stock has been rising and with Thurman likely out because of character concerns, Pollack coming off a career threatening injury and Landon Johnson a free agent next year, Beason might be the smart pick.

19. Tennessee – Dwayne Bowe WR LSU – Not a flashy guy but one of the safer picks in the draft in my estimation and fills a need for the Titans in giving Young a big WR to throw to.

20. NY Giants – Lawrence Timmons LB Florida St. – Needs coaching but FSU LB's have often done well in the pros and the G-Men need all kind of help on D.

21. Denver Broncos – Jarvis Moss DE Florida – Lost out on Kerney when he signed with Seattle and White when he signed with Detroit. Moss needs to add weight but has a frame to do so and a ton of talent to boot.

22. Chicago –Greg Olsen TE Miami– A need position for the Bears. Desmond Clark is solid but not the future. The Bears don’t have a lot of needs and have the ammo to make a trade like this.

23. Kansas City – Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State – This team has a pure lack of depth and talent at the WR spot. It wouldn’t shock me to see them draft a couple wideouts on day 1. Ginn has talent and lots of speed, but needs to add bulk to that thin frame.

24. New England – Paul Posluszny LB Penn State – A blue-collar player with upside. Can play inside or outside and is the type of player the Pats would love to add to a need area.

25. N.Y. Jets –Anthony Spencer DE Purdue – A fast rising player whom the Jets could really use. Jets have struggled to add top end defensive lineman, they take another shot with Spencer.

26. Philadelphia – Michael Griffen S Texas – Lost Michael Lewis in free agency and Griffen would be the perfect guy to replace him. Big and fast and can play strong or free safety.

27. New Orleans – Aaron Ross CB Texas – Have ignored this position for years in the early rounds. They got through last year with a bit of luck and good coaching, but they need to upgrade at both corner and linebacker.

28. New England – Eric Weddle FS Utah – Franchised Samuel and seem to be at an impasse in contract talks with him. A corner like Houston would be very tempting with his upside but Weddle is a solid safety and seems to be rising up draft boards at just the right time.

29. Baltimore – Joe Staley OT Central Michigan – Needs more work and is raw around the edges but has a lot of talent and is dedicated to getting better.

30. San Diego – Robert Meachem WR Tennessee – A big, fast replacement for Keenan McCardell would be very tempting. Meachem is raw and really could have used another year in school but he is big and talented and the Bolts can wait on him for a year.

31. Dallas Cowboys – Chris Houston CB Arkansas – A bit of a role of the dice. Ahmad Carroll came out of the same program 3 years ago and was a bust. But Houston has just as much talent and a bit better work ethic. Add to that Jerry Jones gets to draft a kid from his alma mater.

32. Indianapolis – David Harris LB Michigan – This is a tough spot for the Colts. They have a lot of needs on D and don’t pick again until the bottom of round 3, so moving up might be tough. Harris is a tough inside backer whose strong suit is stopping the run and the Colts tend to like Big Ten players.

Trade #1 Detroit gets Atlanta’s 1st rounder #8, 2nd rounder #39 and Atlanta’s 3rd round pick in 2008. Atlanta gets Detroit’s 1st rounder #2.

Trade #2 Tampa gets Miami’s 1st round pick #9, 2nd round pick #60 and Miami’s 4th round pick in 2008. Miami gets Tampa’s 1st round pick #4.

Trade #3 Dallas gets Chicago’s 1st round pick #31, 2nd round pick #37 and a 4th round pick in 2008. Chicago gets Dallas’ 1st round pick #22 & 2nd round pick #53.

T-RICH49
04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
would rather see Meachem, Staley or Ross for KC

RaiderNation
04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
okay raider pick

Caddy
04-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Good Buc pick + trade

alexschnarr
04-18-2007, 05:56 AM
I would prefer the 49ers to take Carriker, but I am comming around on Branch. I also think the Bills would take Lynch if Willis is off the bored.

Addict
04-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Great lions scenario. (do hope we get more than just the #8 though :D)

Acreboy
04-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Good Saints pick.

Finsfan79
04-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Trade #2 Tampa gets Miami’s 1st round pick #9, 2nd round pick #60 and Miami’s 4th round pick in 2008. Miami gets Tampa’s 1st round pick #4.

it would cost even more then that which is why I dont think it would happen.

If Quinn falls to 6th then I think we move up but only then.

Mr. Myogi
04-18-2007, 08:55 AM
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPF
04-18-2007, 09:01 AM
14. Carolina – Reggie Nelson FS Florida – Fills a need after losing Grant to Seattle as a free agent. A DE like Anderson or Carriker if either falls this far is a possibility as well.

I like the pick but umm, Grant hasn't been a Panther in 3 years now.

Thomas7399
04-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Good trade and pick for the Lions

Jensen
04-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Great Cardinals pick.

princefielder28
04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Lynch again :)

Xiomera
04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Trade #1 Detroit gets Atlanta’s 1st rounder #8, 2nd rounder #39 and Atlanta’s 3rd round pick in 2008. Atlanta gets Detroit’s 1st rounder #2.

If Detroit isn't getting both of ATL's second rounders this year, then it will take more to deal up to #2. ATL would have to cough up their '07 third as well I would imagine.

But I like the deal and the pick.

Go_Eagles77
04-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Good eagles pick.

ripdw27
04-18-2007, 08:34 PM
ok denver pick would like staley

Bengals1690
04-18-2007, 08:55 PM
i really dnt like jon beason to the bengals

superfly69
04-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I like the pick but umm, Grant hasn't been a Panther in 3 years now.

Sorry about that. I remember he was with the Jags I think. My bad

superfly69
04-18-2007, 11:16 PM
If Detroit isn't getting both of ATL's second rounders this year, then it will take more to deal up to #2. ATL would have to cough up their '07 third as well I would imagine.

But I like the deal and the pick.

I don't think the Falcons will give up both 2nd rounders and a 3rd to move up. Thats to much, especially given the fact that they have other needs and probably could land Landry, Adams, or Peterson if they stay at #8. If the price is fair I think they will make the trade.

Crazy_Chris
04-19-2007, 02:07 AM
detriot #2= 2,600pts
Atlanta #8 1,400pts + #39 510pts + 08 3rd(anywhere from 265 to 116)=bad value

Its pretty bad value wise for detriot...

Anyways Very good vikings pick