PDA

View Full Version : #2

TheMikey10
04-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Should the lions be unable to work a trade out of number 2, is it possible they still take Patrick Willis?

reinar
04-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I wish, but from all I have heard it will be Johnson/Adams

if its Johnson, I think its really to draft and trade to either TB or Falcons.
If its Adams, I beleive its to keep him.

asmitty45
04-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Reinar's got it right, I personally want to take and trade CJ21 so bcuz then we can still take either willis or adams and still acquire more draft picks.

WMD
04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
I love Patrick Willis, but I think it'd just be stupid to take him at #2.

KCJ58
04-18-2007, 01:39 AM
they should just take Brady Quinn and take a LB in the 2nd round

Addict
04-18-2007, 02:41 AM
Should the lions be unable to work a trade out of number 2, is it possible they still take Patrick Willis?

I don't think so. That would be an enormous reach. Willis is good, but ILB's just don't go top 5, let alone top 3.

But I think there are plenty of trade options with talent like CJ/JR, BQ, Thomas on the board.

reinar
04-18-2007, 03:39 AM
yea if they dont actually do a trade before draft day 28th, i think after russell goes to Oak, that either we make a trade for McCown to Oak for picks (3rd+?), possibly send them MW also, for something else, or both for a 2nd rounder? then we either draft CJ and trade down to TB or ATL, or we trade down before the pick.

still possible to trade down to 3 with browns, they get quinn/AP, then we trade down to 4 for CJ to bucs, and then to 8 or 9 (or to them first) and we end up with Willis and some extra picks, anywhere from 2-5 I see.

I just really doubt that people are going to let us have CJ and not trade us for him, or "let us have Quinn" which we wont take.

Addict
04-18-2007, 07:10 AM
yea if they dont actually do a trade before draft day 28th, i think after russell goes to Oak, that either we make a trade for McCown to Oak for picks (3rd+?), possibly send them MW also, for something else, or both for a 2nd rounder? then we either draft CJ and trade down to TB or ATL, or we trade down before the pick.

still possible to trade down to 3 with browns, they get quinn/AP, then we trade down to 4 for CJ to bucs, and then to 8 or 9 (or to them first) and we end up with Willis and some extra picks, anywhere from 2-5 I see.

I just really doubt that people are going to let us have CJ and not trade us for him, or "let us have Quinn" which we wont take.

thanks, that gave me a chuckle.

jbombul
04-18-2007, 12:30 PM
thanks, that gave me a chuckle.

hahah i had to give u positive rep for that

reinar
04-18-2007, 10:41 PM
im all about making people smile.

Addict
04-19-2007, 09:27 AM
hahah i had to give u positive rep for that

thanks for feeling compelled. I completely missed it coming in!

Iamcanadian
04-19-2007, 10:23 AM
There is no way Willis is going #2 overall. Not even Millen can be that stupid.
Best case senerio, we trade #2 for Tampa's #4, 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder. It is possible the 3rd rounder will be for the 2008 draft. This trade will only take place if Oakland passes on Johnson. Should Oakland draft Johnson, a trade down will become far more difficult.
Adams is ranked around 6 or 7 in the draft but that is because he doesn't suit every 4-3 team perfectly. A basic 4-3 team that demands its DE's play solid against the run won't have Adams ranked any higher. However, for a Cover 2 defensive team, Adams is probably ranked near the top in this draft and Detroit will take him at #2 if Oakland drafts Johnson and we cannot find a trading partner for one of the QB's. A MLB, say a Harris, can be had in round 2 and could easily turnout to be the better pro than Willis.
Should Millen chose to trade down past the top 6 picks then I think the draft will turnout to br a disaster as there are only 6 elite players in this draft and we simply must get one of them no matter what.

reinar
04-19-2007, 11:01 PM
i disagree that we have to have one of the "elite" players, and that they are only the top 6 players. i consider colston to be an elite reciever and he went in what the 6th or 7th last year.?

i think that with our defense and the holes we have that getting those needs met first and foremost, and filling as many as possible will get us there alot faster than 1 "elite" player.