PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Playmaker in the NFL

Don Vito
08-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Who do you think is the most exciting playmaker in the NFL?

This looks like a pretty good list to me, but I am open for suggestions to add or remove opyions. They can be offensive or defensive players.

bigbluedefense
08-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Its tough...I'm gonna go with Terrell Owens over Michael Vick. No one has stopped Terrell Owens the past 2 years, he's been unreal.

Ravens1991
08-09-2006, 03:29 PM
agreed about TO, I hate his attitude, but the guy never ceases to amaze me.

GB12
08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Hate Him but T.O.

BushIsnt#1
08-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Peyton Manning takes control of games.

HokiesSkins2621
08-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Steve Smith should have votes. He was the real MVP last season. but i voted Ed Reed. The man had 16 interceptions in two seasons before he got hurt last year.

BushIsnt#1
08-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Steve Smith should have votes. He was the real MVP last season. but i voted Ed Reed. The man had 16 interceptions in two seasons before he got hurt last year.

Ya Steve Smith should have more votes. And mcnabb should be there.

08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
most exciting is vick and the best is manning

Don Vito
08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Wow not 1 vote for LT or Steve Smith. I thought Smith would win this.

RCAChainGang
08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
This is Steve Smith no ocntest. Not only does he catch but he returns.

Dam8610
08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
:lol: Talk about pure opinion...

BushIsnt#1
08-09-2006, 03:53 PM

:lol: Joseph Addai for Rookie of the Year!...
:lol: TALK ABOUT PURE OPINION^^^^......

Dam8610
08-09-2006, 04:01 PM

:lol: Joseph Addai for Rookie of the Year!...
:lol: TALK ABOUT PURE OPINION^^^^......

1) If you're going to quote me, do it correctly.

2) I didn't declare Addai Rookie of the Year, I'm simply rooting for him to win that award. That's not an opinion so much as it is a wish.

P-L
08-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Mike Vick is the best playmaker in the league.

08-09-2006, 04:24 PM

Mike Vick isn't the best anything.

08-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Steve Smith, Hes a threat to take it all the way on any given play. Whether its a screen pass or a long bomb.

08-09-2006, 04:28 PM

hes the most athletic qb in the nfl and best scrambling qb in the nfl and most exciting player in football

P-L
08-09-2006, 04:31 PM

I disagree. He isn't the best passer but he is by far the best runner of all QB. He does have the ability to beat you with the arm too. He probably has one of the strongest arms in the NFL as well. No one can make plays like he can. But thank you for your educated response in which you tell me who you think is better and give decent reasoning behind it.

BushIsnt#1
08-09-2006, 04:52 PM

I disagree. He isn't the best passer but he is by far the best runner of all QB. He does have the ability to beat you with the arm too. He probably has one of the strongest arms in the NFL as well. No one can make plays like he can. But thank you for your educated response in which you tell me who you think is better and give decent reasoning behind it.

Mike Vick is good but I think the best playmaking QB is Culpepper.

diabsoule
08-09-2006, 05:01 PM
LT is, in my opinion, the most exciting player in football. I like his attitude and the way he plays the game. He's not the flashiest guy out there on the field but he's a threat to take it all the way or to a short little pass for a TD. He's a complete back, he's exciting when he's on the turf, and is in my opinion, the best RB going into this season.

diabsoule
08-09-2006, 05:04 PM

I don't like Vick either. He hasn't impressed me with anything he does in the game. I don't see him as being a leader, which is what the QB is. I feel that he's a "me" type player and I don't like that. If he can't scramble then he dumps off the ball to the TE. While he's smart enough to realize that the TE is available he's not one of the Top 5 in the league, and maybe not in the Top 10 as far as I'm concerned. QB's should be able to throw the ball around to many different receivers and guide their time to the "W". For all his hype, he hasn't shown me that he can do that.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
If he comes back strong this year my vote is Ed Reed, although of course Santana is electric.

Pit Bull #53
08-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Steve Smith is a one man wrecking crew

08-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Top 5

1. Braylon Edwards
2. Kellen Winslow
3. Dennis Northcutt
4. Jerome Harrison
5. Joshua Cribbs

:lol:

Don Vito
08-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Top 5

1. Braylon Edwards
2. Kellen Winslow
3. Dennis Northcutt
4. Jerome Harrison
5. Joshua Cribbs

:lol:

Hey you never know about the first two, it could happen.

Paranoidmoonduck
08-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Despite the lack of improvement the last few years, I have to stick with Vick.

08-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Vick has a very strong arm, but that doesn't mean he's a good passer. He sometimes makes bad decisions and is not a team leader. He's a very fast Aaron Brooks as far as I'm concerned.

If we're talking playmaker in the sense of what they do when they have the ball, not how many times they touch the ball, my vote is for Nathan Vasher. Yes, that's right, Nathan Vasher. The man has 13 interceptions in 2 years and has averaged 25 yards per INT return. Basically at any given time, he can get the offense the ball AND put you in good field position. That's a playmaker for ya.

ninerfan
08-09-2006, 06:48 PM
LT is a triple threat - run, throw and catch

D4rk 0ne
08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
I just had to go with my man Randy Moss. :D

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Steve Smith 1, Mike Vick 2.

Shiver
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
The NFC South: The Official Division of Playmakers

http://www.fanfrenzyzone.com/images/michael_vick.jpg

Michael Vick

http://www.kgw.com/sharedcontent/east/nfl/18/slideshow/793/images/1.jpg

Steve Smith

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/photos/article/bush5-13-06.gif

Reggie Bush

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2006/0104/photo/g_williams_195.jpg

Cadillac Williams

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 08:43 PM
That is pretty gross.

ShutDwn
08-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Owens isn't close to the playmaker Smith is. He is a good WR, but he is just a normal top WR

Smith's YAC: 810. That means over half of his yards he earned by himself, He ran those yards

sweetness34
08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Best playmaker? Now we're not talking about best "player," so my vote goes to Mike Vick. The guy runs like an RB and plays QB. He's a threat to score everytime he has the ball.

What separates him from guys like TO and LT are that he gets the ball in his hands every down. So on every snap, he's a threat to score because he's got the ball in his hands.

Now, he's got a long way to go to achieve being a top tier QB in the NFL, but there's no question that he has incredible playmaking abilities.

Now in a year or two, Reggie Bush's name will headline this list IMO, but for right now my vote goes to Vick.

TCU
08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
LT is my vote for playmaker and most exciting to watch, even though nothing he does now will live up to when i saw him rush for 406 yards in a single game.

smittyjs
08-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Mike Vick

scorchin
08-10-2006, 08:34 AM

I don't like Vick either. He hasn't impressed me with anything he does in the game. I don't see him as being a leader, which is what the QB is. I feel that he's a "me" type player and I don't like that. If he can't scramble then he dumps off the ball to the TE. While he's smart enough to realize that the TE is available he's not one of the Top 5 in the league, and maybe not in the Top 10 as far as I'm concerned. QB's should be able to throw the ball around to many different receivers and guide their time to the "W". For all his hype, he hasn't shown me that he can do that. I agree. This guy hasn't done anything real impressive. They say all he does is win, well his winning percentage doesn't even come close to Big Ben. Vick is an overhyped below average qb. I have to go with L.T. The guy can run pass and catch. Just an all around great player.

no love
08-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Vernon Davis! :wink:

turninandburnin1
08-10-2006, 09:43 AM
T.O. they guy is a natural playmaker I love watching him play. But also Mike Vick while not very good is still one of the most fun players to watch in the way he can scramble and do other things.

frogstomp
08-10-2006, 09:51 AM

I don't like Vick either. He hasn't impressed me with anything he does in the game. I don't see him as being a leader, which is what the QB is. I feel that he's a "me" type player and I don't like that. If he can't scramble then he dumps off the ball to the TE. While he's smart enough to realize that the TE is available he's not one of the Top 5 in the league, and maybe not in the Top 10 as far as I'm concerned. QB's should be able to throw the ball around to many different receivers and guide their time to the "W". For all his hype, he hasn't shown me that he can do that. I agree. This guy hasn't done anything real impressive. They say all he does is win, well his winning percentage doesn't even come close to Big Ben. Vick is an overhyped below average qb. I have to go with L.T. The guy can run pass and catch. Just an all around great player.

His team also doesn't even come close to Big Ben.

See, the reason people can use "Vick has a great winning %" argument is because his team without him sucks. You take Vick off the Falcons, and they're somewhere around 4-12. You take Big Ben off the Steelers and they're still a 9-7 team.

As for the original poster, you're making it seem like a big deal that he passes to the TE. Since when is passing to the best receiver a bad thing? Delhomme throws essentially all of his passes to Smith. The truth is, until now Crumpler is the only even remotely respectable receiver Vick has had.

08-10-2006, 09:58 AM
People forget that Randy Moss is just sick when healthy... (That sounds odd) He makes plays.

scorchin
08-10-2006, 10:02 AM

His team also doesn't even come close to Big Ben.

See, the reason people can use "Vick has a great winning %" argument is because his team without him sucks. You take Vick off the Falcons, and they're somewhere around 4-12. You take Big Ben off the Steelers and they're still a 9-7 team.

As for the original poster, you're making it seem like a big deal that he passes to the TE. Since when is passing to the best receiver a bad thing? Delhomme throws essentially all of his passes to Smith. The truth is, until now Crumpler is the only even remotely respectable receiver Vick has had. Steelers lost when maddox was in there, they won a couple of games with Batch at qb, but that was against cleveland and Green bay. Without Ben, the Steelers don't go to the superbowl. The Falcons with or without Vick still don't go. Vick is notr a leader, great athlete. horrible qb and leader.

frogstomp
08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Steelers lost when maddox was in there, they won a couple of games with Batch at qb, but that was against cleveland and Green bay. Without Ben, the Steelers don't go to the superbowl. The Falcons with or without Vick still don't go. Vick is notr a leader, great athlete. horrible qb and leader.

I disagree. I think that if Vick was on the Steelers team from last year, they would have easily won the division, and the Superbowl. People always say Vick isn't a leader, but I don't understand that. How does he not lead his team? Could you give me an example? I mean, from when I see him on the field, he looks 100% the leader. As for a QB, his skills are not that great right now, but he is getting better. People forget how young this guy is. I think this year will be quite a bit better than last, and then next year we'll see him reach his peak, with about 3000 passing yards, and close to a thousand rushing. But that still has to be seen.

frogstomp
08-10-2006, 10:14 AM
People forget that Randy Moss is just sick when healthy... (That sounds odd) He makes plays.

Exactly. I'd say he should be close to or even with TO right now... but the past two years have really hurt his stock. People think that the injured Moss represents how good Moss really is now... and damn will they be surprised if he stays healthy this season. Given an entire healthy season, I'll guarantee 1400 yards and 10 TD's.

Don Vito
08-10-2006, 11:15 AM

Exactly. I'd say he should be close to or even with TO right now... but the past two years have really hurt his stock. People think that the injured Moss represents how good Moss really is now... and damn will they be surprised if he stays healthy this season. Given an entire healthy season, I'll guarantee 1400 yards and 10 TD's.

I think he will put up the best numbers out of all receivers in the NFL theis year IMO. Aaron Brooks plays to Moss' advantages.

HawkeyeFan
08-10-2006, 11:17 AM
No doubt its Ed Reed.

HokiesSkins2621
08-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Owens isn't close to the playmaker Smith is. He is a good WR, but he is just a normal top WR

Smith's YAC: 810. That means over half of his yards he earned by himself, He ran those yards

Who are you passing the ball to in the last 10 seconds of the Super Bowl againts DeAngelo Hall? Steve Smith or Terrell Owens? Sit and think...

Terrell Owens of course, he is tall, fast, stronge, great hands, AND flashy.

Steve Smith is good and all, but he aint better than T.O.

duckseason
08-10-2006, 11:33 PM
No doubt its Ed Reed.

I agree.
It's difficult to compare guys who play different positions, but what Reed has done with the ball in limited opportunities is amazing.

remix 6
08-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Tomlinson..run..catch .. even pass

playmaker does it consistently and remember against DC..broke off a huge run in OT

bearsfan_51
08-10-2006, 11:41 PM
I look forward to see what Devin Hester can do with the ball in his hands, hopefully he has the opportunity to return a few tommorow.

sweetness34
08-10-2006, 11:47 PM
I look forward to see what Devin Hester can do with the ball in his hands, hopefully he has the opportunity to return a few tommorow.

One of the things we really lacked last year was a playmaker. A guy who brings excitement when he gets the ball. A guy who can score every time he touches the ball. Hester definitely brings that to our team now. An exciting, young player who'll make me get of my seat whenever he gets the ball.

He's an incredible athlete with tons of explosiveness. And I can't wait to see what he can do with the ball come tomorrow night.

Don Vito
08-11-2006, 08:26 AM

One of the things we really lacked last year was a playmaker. A guy who brings excitement when he gets the ball. A guy who can score every time he touches the ball. Hester definitely brings that to our team now. An exciting, young player who'll make me get of my seat whenever he gets the ball.

He's an incredible athlete with tons of explosiveness. And I can't wait to see what he can do with the ball come tomorrow night.

I think he will get opporitunities on defense as well as ST's this year, maybe even some WR.

draftguru151
08-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Devin Hester is going to be ridiculous. He is such a dominant return man it isn't even funny. He is crazy with the ball in his hands. One play he took a reverse or toss and couldn't find anything and was running around, then out of nowhere throws a perfect 30 yards pass to Quad Hill downfield. It was a penalty for illegal man downfield, but it was fun to watch.