PDA

View Full Version : NT Walter Thomas

D-Unit
04-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Since I haven't seen his name pop up, I thought I'd bring his name into the conversation. Todd McShay has us taking him in his latest mock, and since I didn't know who that was, I did some research. I came away very intrigued and highly interested in him. At a hulky 6-5, 370 muscular build, he's someone I will start hoping for. Any else wanna hop on board?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-highrisers040907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

NW Mississippi CC defensive tackle Walter Thomas
If you ever wanted to know how to make 100 NFL scouts raise their eyebrows, set loose an unknown, 370-plus pound defensive tackle such as Thomas in late January. Thomas was highly recruited out of high school by most schools in the Big 12, and picked Oklahoma State where he stayed for just over a year before having academic issues.

Thomas ended up at the JC level and thanks to him being a native of Galveston, Texas found his way into the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Classic. He punished opposing defenders in one-on-one drills, using sheer strength, quickness off the ball and impressive balance for an athlete of his size. Thomas was also a sponge when it came to listening and taking to the coaching he received during the week.

His recent workout numbers wowed even the most hardened scout as he measured in at nearly 6-5, 373 pounds; ran between 5.11 and 5.20 in the 40; has 33 bench reps of 225 pounds; and had 11½-inch hands. Players of his size and agility just do not come along often enough for teams to pass on him once the fifth round starts in spite of his limited game film, exposure to big-time competition and raw technique. Just think about this tidbit for a moment: he ran 1.70 in the first 10 yards of his 40. In comparison, one of USC wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett's 10-yard splits was 1.65 and Thomas weighs over 150 pounds more than Jarrett.

http://www.genespage.com/images/01proday/2007-football/four.jpg

Ward
04-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I've loved him since Sig Bloom introduced him here on the site.

D-Unit
04-18-2007, 01:15 AM
I've loved him since Sig Bloom introduced him here on the site.
What'd he have to say about him? Has he seen him play before? Coverage on him is hard to find.

Ward
04-18-2007, 01:32 AM
What'd he have to say about him? Has he seen him play before? Coverage on him is hard to find.

Sig covered the Texas vs The Nation game for some other site (he had permission from Scott to post his results). He said Thomas has a spin move you have to see to believe, among other things. I'll try and find some quotes.

D-Unit
04-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Sig covered the Texas vs The Nation game for some other site (he had permission from Scott to post his results). He said Thomas has a spin move you have to see to believe, among other things. I'll try and find some quotes.
Man, the more I hear about this guy, the more excited I get. I hear he's as dumb as a rock, but NTs have to be dense to wanna play the position. LOL! I see some good potential in him.

Ward
04-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Man, the more I hear about this guy, the more excited I get. I hear he's as dumb as a rock, but NTs have to be dense to wanna play the position. LOL! I see some good potential in him.

We can't afford NOT to draft him going off our current NT depth. We did just sign Montavious Stanley to a one year deal, but I doubt he makes the roster (again).

robert_in_bigd
04-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Somewhere in this draft we need a NT and QB badly. Interesting prospect.

Still think Thomas from FL is a great pick later in the draft. Tyler in the second would be nice and seems possible.

AS WITH ALL NT, it will take some time for them to learn and bulk up. NT/DT is almost impossible to be any good till year 3. DT, 1 Gap maybe 2nd year.

LSUALUM99
04-18-2007, 09:41 AM
I've heard about this guy from a few different places. www.theboysblog.com had a piece on him a little while back. No one seems to have ever seen him play in college, but his measurables are mind blowing.

I wouildn't even wait until the 5th round, I think this is a guy we could / should go after in the 4th if it guarantees we could get him.

On a side note, I hope he is dumb. It makes me feel better to believe that God wouldn't give someone that much athletic ability AND smarts, it just wouldn't seem fair (tounge in cheek comment).

robert_in_bigd
04-18-2007, 09:46 AM
So let us say this guy is a 4th round target and we know we need a NT ..... reasoning backwards ..... what do you do rounds 1 to 3?

leroyisgod
04-18-2007, 10:34 AM
So let us say this guy is a 4th round target and we know we need a NT ..... reasoning backwards ..... what do you do rounds 1 to 3?

In no particular order.

G or T
WR
OLB

Possibly even CB.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-18-2007, 11:05 AM
We cant draft that thing!!!!They dont make a uniform that big! hahaha

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I was misinformed when it came to this guy. I've seen nearly every player play in this draft but, I've never had the opportinity to see him, so naturally, i've gone by word of mouth. I remember a couple of months ago... people were saying he would have pretty eye-popping measurables but, he was just way too raw and would likely not get drafted. Now, it seems as though he has just sky rocketed up the boards recently... Mel Kiper was talking about him a few days ago... he's heard that a number of teams have shown interest in the 4th. The former Oklahoma State prospect is quite the freak... i guess i wouldnt mind spending a 4th on him... couldnt be any worse than last year's 4th round selection.

Ward
04-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Cowboys fans unite!

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Cowboys fans unite!

Can you imagine lining up against that in a community college football game. Damn.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I am uniting!!!!!!!!!!I wanna draft the green mile, too!!!!!!!!!

therock6000
04-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I was misinformed when it came to this guy. I've seen nearly every player play in this draft but, I've never had the opportinity to see him, so naturally, i've gone by word of mouth. I remember a couple of months ago... people were saying he would have pretty eye-popping measurables but, he was just way too raw and would likely not get drafted. Now, it seems as though he has just sky rocketed up the boards recently... Mel Kiper was talking about him a few days ago... he's heard that a number of teams have shown interest in the 4th. The former Oklahoma State prospect is quite the freak... i guess i wouldnt mind spending a 4th on him... couldnt be any worse than last year's 4th round selection.

absolutely dead on about that...

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Please dontbring up Skyler. I was really disappointed with him.

robert_in_bigd
04-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Funny on last year's draft but I would never draft "for need" in rounds 4 to 7 for anything other than Kicker or Punter.

Always draft talent rounds 4 - 7. Use Rounds 1 - 3 for need b/c those guys can likely contribute against that "need."

Skyler was a "need" pick who just was not very talented.

Dcboys94
04-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Funny on last year's draft but I would never draft "for need" in rounds 4 to 7 for anything other than Kicker or Punter.

Always draft talent rounds 4 - 7. Use Rounds 1 - 3 for need b/c those guys can likely contribute against that "need."

Skyler was a "need" pick who just was not very talented.

skyler was very talented, very, but some picks just dont work out, not enough drive.

Walter Thomas looks like the big black guy from the longest yard...he's pretty scary.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I would love for us to pick him up. He can learn for a few years and eventually replace Fergy

Ward
04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
skyler was very talented, very, but some picks just dont work out, not enough drive.

Walter Thomas looks like the big black guy from the longest yard...he's pretty scary.

http://www.bodybuildinguniverse.com/images/articles/sapp/bob-sapp.jpg

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok, so which one is him? They dont look like the same person.

I am gussine it is the one at the track.

Modano
04-18-2007, 12:57 PM
D-Unit, can you make a sig for the official Walter Thomas bandwagon? :D

Ward
04-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Ok, so which one is him? They dont look like the same person.

I am gussine it is the one at the track.

The second one is Bob Sapp.

thule
04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm mildly intrigued anything outside of the first day that makes the team is gravy.

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.bodybuildinguniverse.com/images/articles/sapp/bob-sapp.jpg

The very defintion of freak right there. Wasnt much of a ball player though.

robert_in_bigd
04-18-2007, 01:46 PM
That picture, while impressive, does not look 370lbs. So who is that dude Ward?

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2007, 01:50 PM
That picture, while impressive, does not look 370lbs. So who is that dude Ward?

I can tell you who he is... he played a prisoner (Switowski) in the longest yard. He is a former football player (NFL) and is currently an MMA fighter.

Sigmund Bloom
04-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Here's what I can tell you about Thomas:

His frame is massive. He carries 370 extremely well. He has baby fat - his playing weight should be 340-350, but he's not sloppy.

He is scary quick for a behemoth. Does he know how to use it? No. But the raw quicks are there.

Just forget about stopping this guy when he gets leverage. At the Texas vs. the Nation game, he didn't just walk blockers back to the QB in the pit, he bulldozed them.

Raw. VERY RAW. Now that being said, he took well to coaching all week in El Paso and generally seems coachable.

He's soft spoken very humble guy. I did a short interview with him on our show, but I have had posts deleted for mentioning my site/show so y'all will have to find it yourselves. sorry.

Ward
04-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the input Sig. We love this guy!

thule
04-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Here's what I can tell you about Thomas:

His frame is massive. He carries 370 extremely well. He has baby fat - his playing weight should be 340-350, but he's not sloppy.

He is scary quick for a behemoth. Does he know how to use it? No. But the raw quicks are there.

Just forget about stopping this guy when he gets leverage. At the Texas vs. the Nation game, he didn't just walk blockers back to the QB in the pit, he bulldozed them.

Raw. VERY RAW. Now that being said, he took well to coaching all week in El Paso and generally seems coachable.

He's soft spoken very humble guy. I did a short interview with him on our show, but I have had posts deleted for mentioning my site/show so y'all will have to find it yourselves. sorry.

Love to see that in a player.

Paul
04-18-2007, 11:47 PM
http://www.genespage.com/images/01proday/2007-football/four.jpg

The man has no neck. It's just head on body. Beastly. Might be a UDFA.

mat33
04-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I think he is gone in the 4th no way he goes undrafted.

SweatThePipe
04-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Somebody will take him Day One. 3rd Round.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
I think hes too raw to go in the 3rd, maybe a compensentory pick, but probably 2nd day

M.O.T.H.
04-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I think hes too raw to go in the 3rd, maybe a compensentory pick, but probably 2nd day

No way a guy from a community college goes in the 3rd... personally, I even think the 4th is testing it a bit. That being said... I still wouldnt mind taking him in the 4th.

KILLERSANTA
04-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I can take him....................

I think they're 2 things we must draft Day 1...OT to replace Adams next year and a NT..someone like Tank.....If Jason Ferguson goes down, I want a first day pick to fill in....I would be more then happy to draft him in the 5th or later.....

robert_in_bigd
04-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Rookie NT never play anyway. If he has the raw skills I am all for spending a 3rd or 4th on him. 370lbs pushing on a center for 40 snaps must be a *****.

nrcirc
04-20-2007, 08:31 AM
If he is at 340 lbs, I believe he should drafthigher. He is no than a second day pick. Eric Swann never play college football, he was first rounder.

M.O.T.H.
04-20-2007, 11:55 AM
If he is at 340 lbs, I believe he should drafthigher. He is no than a second day pick. Eric Swann never play college football, he was first rounder.

This isnt 1991. :)

The draft is much more complex than it was 15+ years ago.

He's a 2nd day guy.

bigbluedefense
04-20-2007, 12:20 PM
My question is....how much stamina does he have? I think ideally you want him at 350, 370 is probably too much. But if he can play 2/3 of the snaps over 4 quarters, and if someone can teach him how to play the game.....this kid could be VERY good.

KILLERSANTA
04-20-2007, 03:33 PM
The only thing i don't like, Is how tall he is........Most great NT's are 6'2-6'4, 6'7 may be to tall......

Im_a_Romosexual
04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
My question is....how much stamina does he have? I think ideally you want him at 350, 370 is probably too much. But if he can play 2/3 of the snaps over 4 quarters, and if someone can teach him how to play the game.....this kid could be VERY good.

He can play about 15 plays a game for a year loose the weight, get in shape and learn the position all before we need him to play full time.

Paul
04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=0BECDEBF-CCFC-AFB0-AD0F2E2882E91F22

When the Cowboys look at defensive tackles, they may overvalue some of the run-stuffing, pile-clogging players such as Michigan's Alan Branch, a 6-5, 330-pounder who looks to be an ideal fit at nose tackle. But since Branch also is projected as the best at his position, he's not expected to fall into the Cowboys' range at No. 22. And Branch probably won't be the only defensive tackle to go in the first round. Louisville's Amobi Okoye (6-2, 305) is actually rated by most draft experts as a better prospect than Branch, but it's uncertain how well he would fit into a 3-4 scheme. Other tackles the Cowboys might consider, possibly later in the first day of the draft, could be Tank Tyler (6-2, 306) of North Carolina State and Cal's Brandon Mebane (6-1, 310).

The Cowboys tried to address most of their needs going into draft, but with a weak free-agent crop of defensive tackles, that position still needs some help. Ferguson was productive last season but could use a quality backup in the rotation. While the Cowboys will give Stanley a shot, and possibly Remi Ayodele, who is playing for Frankfurt in NFL Europe this spring, they might be better suited drafting another tackle.

M.O.T.H.
04-20-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm not sold on Mebane.

Ward
04-20-2007, 07:58 PM
The only thing i don't like, Is how tall he is........Most great NT's are 6'2-6'4, 6'7 may be to tall......

Where are you seeing 6'7"? I saw 6'5"...

KILLERSANTA
04-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Where are you seeing 6'7"? I saw 6'5"...

NVM...I'm reta rded................

nrcirc
04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
You get to see this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/25/sports/football/25nfl.html?_r=2&ref=football&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Macarthur
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I too think we need to come out of the first day with an OT and a NT and possibly a WR.

That's why I would like to see a trade down to get an additional 2nd or 3rd.

I think there are some good prospects in that range: Free, Solari, Allison at WR.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 01:15 PM
You get to see this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/25/sports/football/25nfl.html?_r=2&ref=football&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

“The guy is a dadgum Russian gymnast,” said Randy Pippin, the head coach at Northwest Mississippi.

haha...

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 01:28 PM
I am now prepared to spend a 4th rounder for him.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Didnt know he was 21... nice.

I wouldnt mind seeing him do some back flips after a sack... i'd pay to see that.

nrcirc
04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I still want to draft Paul Soliai ahead of him.

You can check Paul Soliai or most DT's video here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=13

robert_in_bigd
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Thomas is one of three things 1) A total bust, 2) Injury Prone or 3) Supahstah

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM

I'm gonna go with Supahstah. ha.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM

Ill take whatever is behind door #3

Achilles33
04-25-2007, 02:27 PM
That 1.70 is pretty explosive. 4th or 5th round, why not?

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 02:29 PM
OH. MY. GOD.

That man......if he can get it together....could be the next big thing. Im serious.

This kid, if he gets his life together, has potential to be the most dominant dline men we've ever seen. And thats high praise coming from me, I dont give out praise like that readily. Emphasis on potential though.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
He hopes to pattern himself after the N.F.L. tackles Ted Washington (6-5, 365 pounds) of the Cleveland Browns and Jamal Williams (6-3, 348) of the San Diego Chargers.

“He is definitely a topic of conversation right now,” said Gil Brandt, former vice president for player personnel for the Dallas Cowboys, who is now an analyst for NFL.com. “A lot of people are talking about him.”

Could be the perfect fit...make it happen, Jerry.

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
He hopes to pattern himself after the N.F.L. tackles Ted Washington (6-5, 365 pounds) of the Cleveland Browns and Jamal Williams (6-3, 348) of the San Diego Chargers.

“He is definitely a topic of conversation right now,” said Gil Brandt, former vice president for player personnel for the Dallas Cowboys, who is now an analyst for NFL.com. “A lot of people are talking about him.”

Could be the perfect fit...make it happen, Jerry.

I wouldn't spend more than a 5th for him, the fact that he couldn't even stay in Jr College because he couldn't stay out of trouble is definately an issue. In light of the new conduct policy I definately don't see him in the first day no matter what kind of potential he has as some have suggested. Whats he going to do when he gets that first NFL paycheck? The later in the draft you get though you just have to go back to the planet theory...and this guy is a planet or at least a small moon.

Achilles33
04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
5 yards of burst is all you need for a d-lineman, especially 3-4 NT, and the fact that he ran his first 10 yards of his 40 almost as good as a WR at his size is amazing. Future pro-bowla.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't spend more than a 5th for him, the fact that he couldn't even stay in Jr College because he couldn't stay out of trouble is definately an issue. In light of the new conduct policy I definately don't see him in the first day no matter what kind of potential he has as some have suggested. Whats he going to do when he gets that first NFL paycheck? The later in the draft you get though you just have to go back to the planet theory...and this guy is a planet or at least a small moon.

There is zero chance that he would go in the first day...at the very best a 4th... last week, I would have said 5th round but, I'm thinking someone may take a chance in the late 4th. Scott said, most likely 5th/6th I believe, using a 4th or a 5th on this guy is a small price to pay for a potential stud.

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 02:54 PM
There is zero chance that he would go in the first day...at the very best a 4th... last week, I would have said 5th round but, I'm thinking someone may take a chance in the late 4th. Scott said, most likely 5th/6th I believe, using a 4th or a 5th on this guy is a small price to pay for a potential stud.

Yeah I can see somebody taking a chance in the 4th, but I just don't know that I would. I'm all for taking chances, but it seems like every year a guy who produced on the division I big stage falls into the 4th for some reason or another aka Chris Canty, MBIII, Bradie James, and those are the type of guys I'd target in the 4th. Guys that slide down because of injury issues, lack of speed, shared carries etc, but you know they are good solid football players. The 5th is where i'd take a flyer on a planet theory guy like Walter Thomas. If he was booted for school for grades only that would be one thing, but the fact that he had character concerns + acedemic issues + zero production at the big college level are pretty big red flags to me.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah I can see somebody taking a chance in the 4th, but I just don't know that I would. I'm all for taking chances, but it seems like every year a guy who produced on the division I big stage falls into the 4th for some reason or another aka Chris Canty, MBIII, Bradie James, and those are the type of guys I'd target in the 4th. Guys that slide down because of injury issues, lack of speed, shared carries etc, but you know they are good solid football players. The 5th is where i'd take a flyer on a planet theory guy like Walter Thomas. If he was booted for school for grades only that would be one thing, but the fact that he had character concerns + acedemic issues + zero production at the big college level are pretty big red flags to me.
I'm with you there. It's why I think round 4 is a good place to get Anthony Waters. Had he had a healthy senior season, we'd be talking about a guy with first round potential.

Perhaps we could pull a deal like we did the year we got Canty in picking up an extra 4th rounder. I wouldn't be totally opposed to that idea.

Thomas is extremely intriguing. But is this a case of "Looks like Tarazan, Plays like Jane?" D1 schools take on A LOT of dummies in order to have a talented team. Why was he so overlooked?

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm with you there. It's why I think round 4 is a good place to get Anthony Waters. Had he had a healthy senior season, we'd be talking about a guy with first round potential.

Perhaps we could pull a deal like we did the year we got Canty in picking up an extra 4th rounder. I wouldn't be totally opposed to that idea.

Thomas is extremely intriguing. But is this a case of "Looks like Tarazan, Plays like Jane?" D1 schools take on A LOT of dummies in order to have a talented team. Why was he so overlooked?

He wasnt overlooked he was on Oklahoma State, before getting kicked off (grades). I want to to know, what kind of a prospect he was coming out of high school.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Alright I found this...

He was rated the #23 DT in the nation coming out of high school.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=8&c=1&nid=2751583

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Alright I found this...

He was rated the #23 DT in the nation coming out of high school.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=8&c=1&nid=2751583
Anybody have his stats in junior college?

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Anybody have his stats in junior college?

Scott Does...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/walterthomas.html

He got kicked off his JC team too, right?

2 games 16 tackles 5 TFL and 4 sacks...granted it was a JC but, damn.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Scott Does...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/walterthomas.html

He got kicked off his JC team too, right?

2 games 16 tackles 5 TFL and 4 sacks...granted it was a JC but, damn.
The deeper you dig, the less attractive he sounds...

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 03:37 PM
The deeper you dig, the less attractive he sounds...

haha, he's unintelligent in the class room and may steal but, i still want him. lol.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
"Thomas played briefly at Oklahoma State, then flunked out, then played two games at Northwest Mississippi Community College in Senatobia, Miss. before he was arrested on a charge of conspiracy to commit robbery and never played again."

He has some red flags but, like i said before... 4th/5th round pick... low risk, high reward.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Jerry never really minded the off field problems so I think he still could take a chance on him

LSUALUM99
04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm sorry, if a guy like Gabe Watson slid to the 4th last year....anything higher than a 6th or more likely a 7th for this guys is way too much.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry, if a guy like Gabe Watson slid to the 4th last year....anything higher than a 6th or more likely a 7th for this guys is way too much.
True, but the draft is all about hype. Draft stock can make or break your draft position. Thomas' stock is going up. Watson's was going down.

Watson was also proven to be inefficient against top competition. The fact that this guy is still a mystery leaves teams to wonder... and some teams will gamble on that wonder with a guy with those measurables.

fryman
04-25-2007, 09:09 PM
reminds me of Moe Dampeer, except Moe completely lost his chance at the NFL.

Paul
04-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Anybody know anything about Louis Leonard (6-4 320 Fresno St.). I read a few scouting reports on him and most of them use words like "stout" "powerful and strong" and "fits the 2-gap system". Anymore info on him.

Ward
04-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Jerry never really minded the off field problems so I think he still could take a chance on him

Yeah because we've had so much trouble with off the field issues since we hired Calvin Hill as a spiritual advisor for the team.

M.O.T.H.
04-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Anybody know anything about Louis Leonard (6-4 320 Fresno St.). I read a few scouting reports on him and most of them use words like "stout" "powerful and strong" and "fits the 2-gap system". Anymore info on him.

He's basically a less polished, Monatavious Stanley.

LSUALUM99
04-26-2007, 07:35 AM
He's basically a less polished, Monatavious Stanley.

Is that possible?

robert_in_bigd
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Any word on this dude in UDFA?

Figuring his NYT hand stands ......

Im_a_Romosexual
04-30-2007, 11:19 PM
I read he went to the 'aints somewhere else on this site but I have no link

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-30-2007, 11:19 PM
hopefully not he belongs in Oakland.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-30-2007, 11:26 PM
and to confirm your story yes the Saints did get Walter.

robert_in_bigd
04-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Saints? I am starting to really f*ing hate Peyton.

Ward
04-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Well so much for that.

nrcirc
05-14-2007, 12:07 PM
"Come again when you can stay longer… Heralded 375-pound New Orleans undrafted free agent DT Walter Thomas lasted barely 10 minutes at the Saints' rookie camp this weekend. Thomas was reportedly carried off the field by training staff and his locker has reportedly been cleaned out. Thomas was literally the ‘biggest’ undrafted free agent signee after the 2007 draft. Thomas’ college career consisted of two junior college games as flunked out of Oklahoma State before ever playing in a game, while trouble with the law cut short his stint at Northwest Mississippi Community College."

BX
05-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Very good info.