PDA

View Full Version : real scouts use this site?

tEk
04-18-2007, 02:09 AM
anyone else wonder if scouts come on here and look at scotts info? or maybe college players come here and look where people are projecting them? or possibly if there are members that are college players or pro players or even scoust for a team?

SuperKevin
04-18-2007, 02:13 AM
No offense to Scott but I seriously doubt that anyone who scouts for a living would come here for his info. They more than likely have their own opinions and information about players so nothing here is exactly news to them.

tEk
04-18-2007, 02:15 AM
No offense to Scott but I seriously doubt that anyone who scouts for a living would come here for his info. They more than likely have their own opinions and information about players so nothing here is exactly news to them.true but one has to wonder about their public perception.(future NFL players)

Caddy
04-18-2007, 02:15 AM
I do wonder at times if some prospects come on here to see what Scott and we have to say about them.

WMD
04-18-2007, 02:18 AM
If you're reading this, I love you Patrick Willis! You complete me. I wish I knew how to quit you.

KCJ58
04-18-2007, 02:25 AM
If you're reading this, I love you Patrick Willis! You complete me. I wish I knew how to quit you.

I love u Zach Miller ur the best

Ward
04-18-2007, 02:26 AM
No offense to Scott but I seriously doubt that anyone who scouts for a living would come here for his info. They more than likely have their own opinions and information about players so nothing here is exactly news to them.

No offense to you, but it's interesting that you can come back after months of absence and pretend to know what goes on at this site.

Wether or not scouts use the site could certainly be debated, but what isn't debatable is the fact that IPs from organizations and scouting companies visit this site.

tEk
04-18-2007, 02:28 AM
No offense to you, but it's interesting that you can come back after months of absence and pretend to know what goes on at this site.

Wether or not scouts use the site could certainly be debated, but what isn't debatable is the fact that IPs from organizations and scouting companies visit this site.
so, what your saying is that persons from inside nfl teams offices frequent the site?

KCJ58
04-18-2007, 02:30 AM

yea i would think so this is a popular website:)

soybean
04-18-2007, 02:31 AM
so, what your saying is that persons from inside nfl teams offices frequent the site?

someone asked this before. Scott actually answered. he says he knows for a fact that scouts have come to the site to see his info, but probably not the forums.

tEk
04-18-2007, 02:32 AM
darn i was hoping that the giants would take my advice and scrap eli!

Addict
04-18-2007, 02:32 AM

LOL.

Ehm... this is hard for me to say... Calvin... that time you caught me going through your trash, that was a one-time thing man.. I won't do it again, promise. i'll just stick to watching you through my telescope from now on.

tEk
04-18-2007, 02:34 AM
LOL.

Ehm... this is hard for me to say... Calvin... that time you caught me going through your trash, that was a one-time thing man.. I won't do it again, promise. i'll just stick to watching you through my telescope from now on.wow! you came all the way from yurop to snoop on CJ. Applause for this man. *clap*

Ward
04-18-2007, 02:34 AM
yea i would think so this is a popular website:)

Yeah I dunno, here's a test. google "NFL draft". Look at the first non-NFL.com result. Scott's doing pretty well as far as popularity goes.

tEk
04-18-2007, 02:36 AM
Yeah I dunno, here's a test. google "NFL draft". Look at the first non-NFL.com result. Scott's doing pretty well as far as popularity goes.
scott should make nfldc shirts. i would wear one on draft day.

Addict
04-18-2007, 02:36 AM
wow! you came all the way from yurop to snoop on CJ. Applause for this man. *clap*

I come over every week for trash day >_< damn! I mean.. used to come over, I'm over it now. I now go every monday when he does his laundry :x

Paranoidmoonduck
04-18-2007, 02:49 AM
Being as Scott's mock is one of the more accurate ones around, teams will certainly look to see what he thinks certain teams will do with their picks. Beyond that I'm not sure how much impact he has.

neko4
04-18-2007, 04:57 AM
Its 4th on Yahoo's engine, but the first 3 are ESPN and NFL.

Jimmy
04-18-2007, 06:40 AM
also.. this site gets a ton of hits off google.

the reason i found this site was i google searched mock draft in '04 for the broncos... and got here

art vandelay
04-18-2007, 06:40 AM
You can't honestly tell me that one scout in the entire NFL has never been to this site. I'm not saying that they use it religiously or have frequented the message boards but I'm sure that at one time or another they have at least come across the site searching for information on Google for a player and might have even checked out Scott's input on certain players.

Addict
04-18-2007, 07:14 AM
also.. this site gets a ton of hits off google.

the reason i found this site was i google searched mock draft in '04 for the broncos... and got here

That's about my story as well... I looked for a mock of '06 and ended up here.

ricky bobby
04-18-2007, 09:57 AM
I checked Scott Wright's mock drafts for about a year before I even noticed there was a forum.

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
i agree i am sure college players going to be in the draft go and check this site and see what we even say about them. GRF is prolly Coughlin. and i found the site as well in 05' i think looking for mock drafts and had no idea until last summer that there was a forum.

Splat
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm sure players look at the Mock Draft if I was a player I would but then I would sign in under a different name and say that guy should go higher.

ncst8fan83
04-18-2007, 11:03 AM

being high on a google list has nothing to do with popularity or traffic numbers.

tEk
04-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I checked Scott Wright's mock drafts for about a year before I even noticed there was a forum.
same. then i lurked on the forum for about 6 months then when they changed to this format i joined.

terribletowel39
being high on a google list has nothing to do with popularity or traffic numbers.

actually it has everything to do with traffic numbers. you get at the top of googles list by the amt of visits you have to your site.

Ward

But being that I'm not going to share traffic numbers, it is the best visual representation I can give you. Any other comments smart ass?

GiantRutgersFan
04-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Im sure most of the players have been to this site. Its like the 4th or 5th site that comes up on google, and Im sure players have typed their names in on their to see what people think of em

P-L
04-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Actually, it does. Do you know how Google determines the order of the sites posted?

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Actually, it does. Do you know how Google determines the order of the sites posted?
oooo ooo i know. could it be the amt of traffic you get at your site?? or is by how many times someone clicks on your site?? or am i wrong about those and it is just how the stars align??

ncst8fan83
04-18-2007, 11:23 AM

actually, it doesn't. the results you get when you do a google search are a result of the googlebot searching specific websites for hundreds upon hundreds of different criteria. i was wrong in stating it has "nothing" to do with rankings, but it IS one of many many different factors. And ward, don't get your panties in a wad, bud. I wasn't trying to be a smartass. If you viewed it that way, sorry.

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 11:54 AM
actually, it doesn't. the results you get when you do a google search are a result of the googlebot searching specific websites for hundreds upon hundreds of different criteria. i was wrong in stating it has "nothing" to do with rankings, but it IS one of many many different factors. And ward, don't get your panties in a wad, bud. I wasn't trying to be a smartass. If you viewed it that way, sorry.
no the words have to match and then after that the the reason something is #1 on google's list is because that website has been visited the most.

Ward
04-18-2007, 12:06 PM

http://www.acc.umu.se/%7Ezqad/cats/1174329819-405869332_a29e95463b.b.jpg

eacantdraft
04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Scouts may want to see what other scouts think about players. Get 2nd opionions and that. That would be why they would visit here.

On the other hand, scouts couldn't care less what fans, homers, and fangirls think.

RoyHall#1
04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm sure players look at the Mock Draft if I was a player I would but then I would sign in under a different name and say that guy should go higher.

So who do you think should go higher Splat? If that is you real name...

ncst8fan83
04-18-2007, 12:34 PM
http://i16.tinypic.com/330shua.jpg

Ward
04-18-2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.acc.umu.se/%7Ezqad/cats/1174326255-JUGGERNAUT_CAT.b.jpg

ElectricEye
04-18-2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.acc.umu.se/%7Ezqad/cats/1174326255-JUGGERNAUT_CAT.b.jpg
Juggernaut meme for the win.
And I would imagine that some people in high places do take a look from time to time.

bigbluedefense
04-18-2007, 01:09 PM
I got into this sight through google. I was looking to see if I can find anything on Bobby Carpenter, since I desperately wanted the Giants to draft him, and came across this website, which was a shock, because I didn't expect this kind of coverage for free.

I flocked to the forums maybe 2 months later. Lurked for about a month, then I joined.

My first ever post in the NFL discussion was an argument with Njx9. I don't think he remembers, but he was flaming me during the Osi/Peppers debate.

I was trying to explain how offenses block etc, but I guess since I had few posts I didn't have much credibility at the time. That was my formal introduction to the NFL board. Before that I just lurked the Giants discussion for the most part.

Oh, and I remember my 2nd ever post was going into the Philly team discussion and telling them that Philly sucks. Lol.

ironman4579
04-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I first found this site back in either '04 or '05 I believe. Like many others, I didn't even realize there was a forum until just a little while ago. Kind of ridiculous really.

Scott Wright
04-18-2007, 01:35 PM

Actually, I know for a fact that scouts and NFL people come here. Many have signed up for my newsletter list and a Cowboys scout even pulled me over at the Senior Bowl and told me how much he liked it.

bigbluedefense
04-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Actually, I know for a fact that scouts and NFL people come here. Many have signed up for my newsletter list and a Cowboys scout even pulled me over at the Senior Bowl and told me how much he liked it.

SEND INACCURATE INFO TO DALLAS!!!

PLEASE!!!!

Tell them to take Reggie Ball in the 1st. :p

Scott Wright
04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Also, as someone mentioned teams definitely compile the various mock drafts in their efforts to get a handle on what the other teams might do.

Man_Of_Steel
04-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I think that the players defantly look at sites like this.
Michael Bush, if your reading this you are the man.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 02:57 PM

Not to mention that Scott's mocks are showing up more and more on NFL team sites. On a recent article on the Ravens website Scott's mock pick of Joe Staley was quoted along with Scott's thoughts on Staley.