PDA

View Full Version : Short N Sweet, 1 rd, No Trades(Version 3)

Steel Curtain XL
04-18-2007, 03:47 AM
1.Oakland- JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2.Detroit- Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
3.Cleveland- Joe Thomas T Wisconsin
4.Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson WR Ga Tech
5.Arizona- Gaines Adams DE Clemson
6.Washington- Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
7.Minnesota- Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss
8.Atlanta(from Hou)- LaRon Landry S LSU
9.Miami- Alan Branch DT Michigan
10. Houston(from Atl)- Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
11. San Francisco- Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
12. Buffalo- Paul Pozlusney LB Penn St.
13. St. Louis- Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
14. Carolina- Levi Brown T Penn St.
15. Pittsburgh- Jarvis Moss LB Florida
16. Green Bay- Marshawn Lynch RB Cal
17. Jacksonville- Reggie Nelson S Florida
18. Cincinnati- Darrelle Revis CB Pitt
19. Tennessee- Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio St.
20. NY Giants- Leon Hall CB Michigan
21. Denver- Lawrence Timmons LB Denver
22. Dallas- Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
23. Kansas City- Joe Staley T C. Michigan
24. New England(from Sea)- Michael Griffin S Texas
25. NY Jets- Chris Houston CB Arkansas
26. Philadelphia- Brandon Meriwether S Miami
27. New Orleans- Aaron Ross CB Texas
28. New England- Jon Beason LB Miami
29. Baltimore- Justin Blalock OL Texas
30. San Diego- Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
31. Chicago- Greg Olsen TE Miami
32. Indianapolis- Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

Some quick expanations:
-Willis #7 is just a hunch. IMO LB is a bigger need than S.
-IMO #12 is too high for Lynch. They'd be reaching.
-I know Olsen is rated higher than 31st overall, but most teams have bigger needs.
-Moss to Pitts. because i'm a big fan of Moss playing OLB in the 3-4 although I think they'll trade down to get him.
-Here's a scenario a friend and I were talking about. If the QB's go 1 & 2, Why wouldn't the Browns take CJ #3? Why just hand him to TB instead of picking him and making TB give up a draft pick for him? They'd still get AP or Thomas or whoever and get probably a 3rd rounder out of it. Any thoughts?

Caddy
04-18-2007, 03:59 AM
Good Buc pick

alexschnarr
04-18-2007, 06:00 AM
so 12 is to high for lynch, but not for poz?? hmmmm.

Finsfan79
04-18-2007, 08:25 AM

Not a good pick or fit

Miami would trade back there if Peterson is on the board someone would pay a lot to jump up you know :)

JPF
04-18-2007, 09:03 AM
I'd be sick to my stomach if the Panthers took Levi Brown.

Acreboy
04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
I'd be sick to my stomach if the Panthers took Levi Brown.
You'd be sick, yet Jake Delhomme would be standing up moreand making better decisions. Which would you really want?

haccess
04-18-2007, 10:07 AM
You'd be sick, yet Jake Delhomme would be standing up moreand making better decisions. Which would you really want?
Carolina had two key injuries to their offensive line early last season; they are healthy now and we have no use for a tackle. Not only that, but Staley would be better in the zone-blocking system than Brown anyway.

RaiderNation
04-18-2007, 10:09 AM
okay raider pick

Thomas7399
04-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I just dont see Lions going QB at #2.......if they do go offense, it will either be CJ or Joe Thomas

FloridaFootball
04-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't know how I would feel about the Amobi Okoye pick.

thebow305
04-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Not a good pick or fit

Miami would trade back there if Peterson is on the board someone would pay a lot to jump up you know :)

He would be a good fit, but still not a great pick. I do agree about the trade part, but that is a little hard to predict at this point. So just give us Staley, Nelson, or Ginn in that situation and let's call it a day.

Go_Eagles77
04-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Good eagles pick in that situation

princefielder28
04-18-2007, 02:18 PM
What a suprise! Lynch at 16 :)

JPF
04-18-2007, 06:30 PM

We had a patchwork O-line last year:

* Our starting LT was lost in the season opener for the year
* Our starting C played in only two games because of injury
* Our best O-linemen, our LG, missed some games (and snaps in ones he did play in) down the stretch because of injuries and illness

Factor in that we're switching to the Zone blocking scheme, which Levi Brown doesn't seem to be a good fit in.

Besides, Jake Delhomme makes bad decisions whether he has time or not.

Bengals1690
04-18-2007, 06:33 PM
i never get tired of seeing revis going at 18.

PoopSandwich
04-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Worst position for the Browns, best pick in that situation, good job with them.

49erfaithful
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Awsome SF pick

ripdw27
04-18-2007, 08:12 PM
thats rare lawerence timmons to denver but i dont believe he went to college in denver...

Steel Curtain XL
04-19-2007, 02:12 AM
Thanksfor the input, guys. keep it coming. By the way, why is it always seem like niner fans and dolphin fans dominate these boards? But anyways here's my feedback:
-1st of all to everyone, I know that in certain situations your team would trade up or down but remember this mock is NO TRADES. It just gets too complicated trying to predict trades. I'm already confused enough without trying to predict the 20,000,000,000 trade possibilities! So I just tried to give your team the guy that could best help them IMO.
-Bills fans: Yes, Poz would be a better pick than lynch. Poz is a better overall player than lynch. the only reason bills fans want lynch is because they're desperate for a RB. Teams are starting to realize that you don't need a big time starting RB to be successful in this league. Look at Indy. Addai, Rhoades, not exactly a dominate ground game. Granted, their passing game more than makes up for it, but unless you have a guy like LT, Stee-Jax(I copyright that nickname!) etc. sometimes the commitee approach is the way to go. You have A-train, Shaud(give him a chance before you shoot him down) grab a guy in the 2nd rd and you'll be fine at least for this season. I'm just saying you can get better value with that 12th pick.
-Raider fans: Do you guys enjoy living in the dark days? I mean, I know you want CJ and all, but how is he gonna help you? Unless he can come in snap the ball to himself, block for himself, throw the ball up in the air to himself, not to mention coach himself and run the front office himself, you'll be picking first again next year, and the year after, and so on. Russell is a guy that can help this team by scrambling after blocking breaks down(directly after the snap) and making plays on his own.
-Phins Phans- How is Alan Branch a bad pick but Staley or Ginn would be? Especially if Levi Brown is still on the board. The Phins have a great D-line, but the won't live forever. Branch will bring youth to an aging defense and he will be a very good DT in the NFL. In a draft with so many good WR's Ginn would be a huge reach.
-Steeler fans: Where the hell is everyone? Am I alone out here? I know most steeler fans don't want Jarvis Moss, but I haven't heard from anyone. Personally I like him. I think he'll be the impact player on D to replace J-Peezy
Although like I said before, I'd trade down to get him.
-Anyone with any thoughts on my CJ to Cleveland idea? I seriously don't see them just handing the best player in the draft to tampa if he's available. they'll make them pay for him. Worst case scenario, they get Calvin Johnson.