PDA

View Full Version : The "I can't see the draft" thread

The Unseen
04-18-2007, 06:14 AM
When I've read stories about dudes missing the draft, I've felt sorry, but I've thought "Not me. No way."

Well, now it's me. I'm going to someone's (surprise) birthday party and will have to leave my house for it at 12:30 PM EST. Meaning, I'll catch the first pick and maybe the second. I've got it covered, though. I'll just ask someone to call me after every pick. I can't blow this thing off, if you're wondering.

I'll also dedicate this thread for other people who can't go. It's a rough time for all of us...

The Unseen
04-18-2007, 06:15 AM
woops, wrong forum. I meant this to be off-topic...

bearfan
04-18-2007, 06:23 AM
**** Tennis tournament. Thats all I have to say. I was going to watch w/ grandpa, but I will just have him tivo it now :(

UKfan
04-18-2007, 06:43 AM
I can't, as a) I'm working and b) I don't have NASN. I'll just have to listen like last year :(

Caddy
04-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Unfortunately I'll be a fellow listener, due solely to the fact that my geographical location (Aus) doesn't allow me the luxury of watching the draft.

Addict
04-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Unfortunately I'll be a fellow listener, due solely to the fact that my geographical location (Aus) doesn't allow me the luxury of watching the draft.

Same here, except that I think I'll just put up some music and get my butt online on this forum.

draftguru151
04-18-2007, 07:52 AM
That must be rough. Why is it that big that you can't miss?

The second day of the draft last year was my birthday, and I only missed the 6th round to get dinner with my family. This year it's the Monday after though so I'm good.

JF4
04-18-2007, 08:11 AM
I missed the draft last year, and there is a high possibility i'll miss it again this year. Both years it will be because of out-of-town baseball tournaments.

PoopSandwich
04-18-2007, 08:24 AM
HAHA AT ALL OF YOU!!!

Just kidding, sucks, maybe someone could DVR it or something, I am waiting to hand in a job application until AFTER the draft so something like that doesn't happen.

McGahee
04-18-2007, 08:25 AM
In Canada, we only get to watch the first 18 picks or so on TSN...

Does anyone know if it is possible to order NFL Network or something like that for the Draft Weekend only? Or do you have to order it at least for a year...

Also where can you listen to it on the radio? Anyone know any channels?

So I guess you can say many of us Canadians are forced to miss it :(

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 08:39 AM
I agreed to staff a youth group convention that weekend (Friday-Sunday). I'm going up to a camp in Central PA the afternoon before, and I won't be back until Sunday afternoon, so I'm stuck without TV or internet that entire time. My plan right now is to try to borrow or take someone's XM or Sirius radio, so I can listen to the whole thing, but I have no idea if that's possible. BAH!!!

JF4
04-18-2007, 08:40 AM

Does anyone know if it is possible to order NFL Network or something like that for the Draft Weekend only? Or do you have to order it at least for a year...

The internet is probably your best option if you don't have NFLN.

JF4
04-18-2007, 08:41 AM
HAHA AT ALL OF YOU!!!

Just kidding, sucks, maybe someone could DVR it or something, I am waiting to hand in a job application until AFTER the draft so something like that doesn't happen.

As i've said before, the draft isn't something you tape to watch later. Either you watch it live or you don't watch it.

ccB
04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
I probably wont watch any of the draft after the Raven's first pick. I'll be with my lady and she isnt going to want to watch 12 hours of players names being read off. So dont feel bad, you wont be the only one missing it ( although missing it is not as big of a deal to me as it is to most people here)

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Certainly hope she'll be "doming up"...

I usually send the lady shopping and for a nice massage at a spa. When she comes back, she just doesn't care.

PoopSandwich
04-18-2007, 08:56 AM
As i've said before, the draft isn't something you tape to watch later. Either you watch it live or you don't watch it.

I guess, but what if you want to watch the Jets fans flip out, the analysis, watch Eli Manning get boo'ed to all hell?

Watch your player hold up his jersey at the front of the stage (if they are an invitee) I understand its more of a live event, but if you WANT, you can not listen to a radio or watch a tv, come back, turn on the DVR'd draft, and watch.

PoopSandwich
04-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Certainly hope she'll be "doming up"...

I usually send the lady shopping and for a nice massage at a spa. When she comes back, she just doesn't care.

Thats where you THINK she goes ;)

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Um, I actually buy her the spa certificate, make the appointment and drive her there, then she takes a cab back, so that's pretty much where she goes.

georgiafan
04-18-2007, 09:11 AM
thats why everyone needs a DVR

Addict
04-18-2007, 09:13 AM

at least you get 18 picks. Around here they donīt even rightly know what the NFL is.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't think the draft is very fun on DVR. I like the excitement of watching it all and the annoyingness of the time lags, delayed trades, etc.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
i'll be working...

i will just check a recap on the internet once i get home...

no big deal...

Modano
04-18-2007, 09:31 AM
It will be saturday night here, I will watch only the first 15 picks, because after that I have a party. Every year it's the same story, because a friend of mine makes his birthday party the last saturday of April.

Bengals1690
04-18-2007, 09:37 AM
i gotta work. thank god for text messaging.

The Unseen
04-18-2007, 10:02 AM
I have a DVR. I might as well record it, but I'm not sure if I'd ever watch considering I plan to find out via phone anyways. If I somehow can't find out via phone, I may re-watch it. Not being able to visit here to stay away from spoilers will be very difficult, lol.

P-L
04-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I'll be missing it. Like Charm I'll be with my girl and she isn't going to sit there the whole two days and watch it with me. I'll probably catch the the beginning to see what the Lions do and the end of day two

Paranoidmoonduck
04-18-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't have cable (intentional) so I'm sorta out of luck. I figure I'll rely on this site or another to keep me updated, but depending how the Raiders end up drafting, I might just go to the beach or something out of frustration.

JoeMontainya
04-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I havent missed a draft in about 4 years. The only Browns players drafted in that span that I missed was Gerard Warren (boo hoo). This year I got a job that actually works weekends, its my 2nd week and to early to call off. I was heart broken when they scheduled me to work 1-9 on saturday.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't have cable at my apartment, so I'll be making the short 30 minute drive to my parents house to spend the weekend there and watch the draft. I missed almost the whole first round in 2005, but I've watched all of day 1 and 2 every other year since 2001.

drowe
04-18-2007, 11:40 AM
gonna be able to watch 100% of day 1. day 2 doesn't look too good due to brother in law's confirmation. but, i'm allright with that. last year, wifey tried to talk me into doing some housework, so i did a few things that could be done in front of a tv. this year, to avoid such issues, i'm having people over. they might annoy me at times (seriously, no talking when mel kiper is talking) but i won't be guilted into working while we have company.

tEk
04-18-2007, 11:42 AM
gonna be able to watch 100% of day 1. day 2 doesn't look too good due to brother in law's confirmation. but, i'm allright with that. last year, wifey tried to talk me into doing some housework, so i did a few things that could be done in front of a tv. this year, to avoid such issues, i'm having people over. they might annoy me at times (seriously, no talking when mel kiper is talking) but i won't be guilted into working while we have company.
ooo how many times has this gotten me out of cleaning and laundry.just pop in the door with some buds and say your gonna hang out for a while.

drowe
04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
also, for all you "men" that can't watch the draft because your girlfriend wants to spend quality time with you, i have one piece of advice: get married. might sound wierd, but once your married, it's much easier to do your own thing. ya live together, so she'll probably be sick of your ass, so if you want to watch tv all weekend, she'll be cool with it. also, when you're married, you don't have to 'talk about where your relationship is heading' or where condoms. and frankly, i don't know which one i'm happier about.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
drowe, to many of the users on this forum, their "women" also double as their "mommies"... Silly youngins...

drowe
04-18-2007, 12:01 PM
drowe, to many of the users on this forum, their "women" also double as their "mommies"... Silly youngins...

eh, well either way, they gotta fight the power. these are dudes that have spent hours a day for years on a web site dedicated to an event. and then, when the time comes for that event, they're gonna miss it because their girlfriend wants to cuddle and watch 'Just Like Heaven'. c'mon dudes. take 'em out to eat at night (mid to late second round)....or, eat out on a commercial, if ya know what i mean. but, it's the draft. it is a sacred day.

Acreboy
04-18-2007, 12:03 PM
I might have to miss it. The Saints don't pick until #27 though.

Still, I just got a new job and would hate to ask off so soon.

eh, well either way, they gotta fight the power. these are dudes that have spent hours a day for years on a web site dedicated to an event. and then, when the time comes for that event, they're gonna miss it because their girlfriend wants to cuddle and watch 'Just Like Heaven'. c'mon dudes. take 'em out to eat at night (mid to late second round)....or, eat out on a commercial, if ya know what i mean. but, it's the draft. it is a sacred day.
Something wrong if they don't know :D

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Hence why I go ahead and book the spa thing. Gets her out of the house for at least the first round. When she comes back, she wants to nap or sit quietly while I watch, and I can always get a quickie in between picks. I'm not whipped, and this is a once a year event.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 12:04 PM
I might have to miss it. The Saints don't pick until #27 though.

Still, I just got a new job and would hate to ask off so soon.

A job is different than not wanting to break plans with your gf.

Acreboy
04-18-2007, 12:06 PM
A job is different than not wanting to break plans with your gf.But I wasn't trying to compare it to that.

Besides, it's your fault (not you) if you don't know when the draft is to not make plans.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Exactly. I made an error when I signed up to staff this convention, but it's good volunteer work and excellent community service. It is a sacrifice of my time that I am making for the good of the organization. I'm not making excuses, but I'm certainly not happy about it.

Acreboy
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Exactly. I made an error when I signed up to staff this convention, but it's good volunteer work and excellent community service. It is a sacrifice of my time that I am making for the good of the organization. I'm not making excuses, but I'm certainly not happy about it.Nothing wrong if you're helping people. More props to you man.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm not necessarily helping anyone. It's a high school youth group that I was in in high school. The kids really aren't disadvantaged, but they tend to be a little socially awkward. I volunteer because it's a good time and because it's valuable. I wish I wasn't going because of the draft, but I'll deal.

TitleTown088
04-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I'll be watching the entire draft with free kegs of Budweiser and Boulevard Wheat with obnoxious Viking fans. Hmmmm.... I wonder what will come of this?

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I assume you guys will get drunk and pee your pants.

P-L
04-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Except my problem is that me and my girlfriend go to school three hours away and I only get to see her two weekends a month if I'm lucky. I had completely forgot when the draft was when I made plans to go see her that weekend. My fault for not picking another week, but I'll get over it.

Acreboy
I'll be watching the entire draft with free kegs of Budweiser and Boulevard Wheat
I hate you

terribletowel39
i'm gonna guess you get taken advantage of on a boat.

TitleTown088
04-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I assume you guys will get drunk and pee your pants.

Actually one of my buddies who will be watchign with me pissed and pooped his pants the other weekend from being so drunk. It was hilarious. However, I don't think there will be any peeing or pooping this time. Fighting it a more likely scenario.

drowe
04-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll be watching the entire draft with free kegs of Budweiser and Boulevard Wheat with obnoxious Viking fans. Hmmmm.... I wonder what will come of this?

ya know, if ya wanna call yourself a packer fan, you should really drink wisconsin beer. budweiser is nothing but clydesdale urine, and i've actually had the boulevard wheat and thought i was given bud light by mistake. if ya want a good wheat beer, try leinenkugel's sunset wheat. quite good. their new beer "summer shandy" is good too, if ya like lemon.

JPLUFF
04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Girlfriend's...College....Graduation...

I mean it's important to her and I have no problem missing the draft over it, but it still sucks.

TitleTown088
04-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I hate you

I'll be stickin real close to that wheat keg. That stuff is sooo tasty it's criminal.

TitleTown088
04-18-2007, 12:37 PM
ya know, if ya wanna call yourself a packer fan, you should really drink wisconsin beer. budweiser is nothing but clydesdale urine, and i've actually had the boulevard wheat and thought i was given bud light by mistake. if ya want a good wheat beer, try leinenkugel's sunset wheat. quite good. their new beer "summer shandy" is good too, if ya like lemon.

I'm not from the motherland so it is somewhat difficult to get beer from there, besides i'm not buying the beer. Did you notice I said it was free? Not my choice.Leinenkugel's sunset wheat it not very good at all, I would much rather have a boulevard.

alexschnarr
04-18-2007, 12:40 PM
i'll be missing it for the first time since i was 12, thats 10 years of drafts, but I am in Sweden, which is fun, and i could listen to it, execept that its my Girlsfriend's dads suprise birthday party that day, and we are going away where there will be no computers. Unlike some of you i won't have anyone that calls me after picks either. It really is a sad story

drowe
04-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm not from the motherland so it is somewhat difficult to get beer from there, besides i'm not buying the beer. Did you notice I said it was free? Not my choice.Leinenkugel's sunset wheat it not very good at all, I would much rather have a boulevard.

yeah, ya can't argue with free beer. it always tastes better on draft day too.

also, sunset wheat rules!

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Girlfriend's...College....Graduation...

I mean it's important to her and I have no problem missing the draft over it, but it still sucks.

That is a major event in a loved one's (I assume) life. It's an unavoidable commitment. Acceptable.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Actually one of my buddies who will be watchign with me pissed and pooped his pants the other weekend from being so drunk. It was hilarious. However, I don't think there will be any peeing or pooping this time. Fighting it a more likely scenario.

I assumed you'd be fighting. The thing about the draft, though, is that people end up arguing about picks and steals and the swan dive of a specific prospect. It isn't usually a time for fighting. I consider it the one weekend where all NFL fans can get together and just enjoy.

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 12:54 PM
i am moving into my first house. on the 2nd day. i will get to see, hopefully if i can find someone's house to watch it at, the first day. the cable will be cancelled by then. so i am kinda excited about the first house, but kinda bummed about missing the 2nd day. although i think first house trumps 2nd day of the draft.

Shane P. Hallam
04-18-2007, 12:54 PM
It's my niece's first communion. I told my Mom I couldn't take any more days off work to come home, so I feel really really evil, but I will be watching it.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 12:55 PM
JBond, don't fret. You'll be sitting at home observing Father Chris Berman and his merry men...

TitleTown088
04-18-2007, 01:01 PM
I assumed you'd be fighting. The thing about the draft, though, is that people end up arguing about picks and steals and the swan dive of a specific prospect. It isn't usually a time for fighting. I consider it the one weekend where all NFL fans can get together and just enjoy.
I never let my guard down with Viking fans. It's up 365 1/4 days a year.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 01:04 PM
You don't have to let your guard down, but you should be having fun and not instigating.

drowe
04-18-2007, 01:05 PM
It's my niece's first communion. I told my Mom I couldn't take any more days off work to come home, so I feel really really evil, but I will be watching it.

We can all learn from brother JBond.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 01:06 PM
That's a tough one. First communion is a big deal, but isn't that on a Sunday? I'm not really familiar...

DChess
04-18-2007, 01:10 PM
previous two years ive missed it because i was playing baseball, but not this year, and i am quite excited

Flyboy
04-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Except my problem is that me and my girlfriend go to school three hours away and I only get to see her two weekends a month if I'm lucky. I had completely forgot when the draft was when I made plans to go see her that weekend. My fault for not picking another week, but I'll get over it.

Vaginas > NFL Draft's

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 01:15 PM
The sex-draft tradeoff is pretty huge. Given that I essentially live with my gf, I really can't make a judgement call here.

Flyboy
04-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm just saying given I was in the same situation, I'd miss the draft as well.

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM
ehh....it all depends. in patriot-lions situation i would go for the gina. but in bsaza's, i would be all on the couch watching some draft, cuz as soon as the draft is over she is right there and not 3 hrs away.

drowe
04-18-2007, 01:29 PM
yeah, when it comes to the draft or sex question, i would say draft...the chick will be there when the draft is over.
when it comes to the draft or RARE sex question, it gets complicated. ya know what they say, sex is only a big deal if ya ain't gettin' any. so, follow your heart...or your wang, whichever one is smarter.

but, the one thing we can all agree on....if you're gonna miss the draft because of a girl, you better get some.

bsaza2358
04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
ehh....it all depends. in patriot-lions situation i would go for the gina. but in bsaza's, i would be all on the couch watching some draft, cuz as soon as the draft is over she is right there and not 3 hrs away.

Kind of a moot point because I'm going to be in the middle of nowhere at a camp retreat.

My gf is actually super awesome. Last year, I was finishing up a round of golf during the first round. She watched the first 12 picks and sent me instant text messages with the picks, so I could stay up to date until I got in the car and turned on the radio.

Go_Eagles77
04-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I have to go to a wedding, probably only see the first couple picks as well. I'll probably find out the picks by reading Scott's analysis of the picks, that way I can kind of experience it in order.

TitleTown088
04-18-2007, 02:27 PM
draft or sex? I do't know, I sure make good money pleasing biggy size girls with my chode because they can't feel anything else around the edges. It's a tough question.

steelersfan43
04-18-2007, 04:59 PM
meh, I dont see how people think its that fun to watch, Ill probably just wake up, get some cereal, get in bed and watch the first/second round while half asleep. then get up, and go do something.

moc182
04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
I really can't think of any possible occasion that would make me miss the draft.

gbpackers0065
04-18-2007, 05:11 PM
meh, I dont see how people think its that fun to watch, Ill probably just wake up, get some cereal, get in bed and watch the first/second round while half asleep. then get up, and go do something.
its really fun to me and probably will be pretty fun discussing it here...it just will suck if you know who the #1 pick is already like last year

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:13 PM
last year i had to go to the air port in the mourning. but i wanted to see the exact moment the jets takin d-brickishaw fergueson, but i oned the tv about 20 seconds they took him but i saw him holding the 1 jersey

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 05:18 PM
last year i had to go to the air port in the mourning. but i wanted to see the exact moment the jets takin d-brickishaw fergueson, but i oned the tv about 20 seconds they took him but i saw him holding the 1 jersey
can i safely assume that you would be out first in a spelling bee??

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
nah homie i m like akillah and the bee.

gbpackers0065
04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
nah homie i m like akillah and the bee.

and im like akillah and the neg rep

steelersfan43
04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
can i safely assume that you would be out first in a spelling bee??

Naw dawg., his indiann hommiees be all complementin his gramma in raels life homes, he jus needs tah chille on intenets

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Naw dawg., his indiann hommiees be all complementin his gramma in raels life homes, he jus needs tah chille on intenets

why you doing that ****. your just exadrating and thats just straight up lame, and ***
why wont u save an animal, instead if makin lame jokes

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 05:27 PM
why you doing that ****. your just exadrating and thats just straight up lame, and ***
steelerfan, do you want to use this as a sig or can i??

steelersfan43
04-18-2007, 05:28 PM

hommes. i jus be playin is alls. i noes, i gost indiianne homis 2, i be getan comeplementes alls dey, we all goo maan

steelersfan43
04-18-2007, 05:29 PM

Go right ahead :p

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:29 PM

idc steelerfan is mad annoying. ******* negative reps me yesterday for some thing i said 4 weeks ago. cus i said sunjaya representing india.
what a racist.

steelersfan43
04-18-2007, 05:31 PM
idc steelerfan is mad annoying. ******* negative reps me yesterday for some thing i said 4 weeks ago. cus i said sunjaya representing india.
what a racist.

No, I called you racist in some other thread...

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 05:33 PM
what a racist.
i think you are quite possibly the most quoted poster used in a sig. you shouldn't be proud of that though.

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:33 PM

nooooooooo.
dont lie man
you gave me negative rep for something i said like 5 weeks ago in the sunjaya thread. cus i said yea sunjaya represent the india colors.
you racist

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:34 PM
i think you are quite possibly the most quoted poster used in a sig. you shouldn't be proud of that though.

its cus i m the funniest current poster. and the fact that i schould be philosiphist so ppl want to hear my famous quotes

BuckNaked
04-18-2007, 05:35 PM
its cus i m the funniest current poster. and the fact that i schould be philosiphist so ppl want to hear my famous quotes

It's because you are the most socially incompetent poster on this site.

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:37 PM
It's because you are the most socially incompetent poster on this site.

no its cus i m a straight up G
lol

do you guys want me to put a lil ps in the end to show i m just kidding cus thats pretty pathetic on your guys part

steelersfan43
04-18-2007, 05:37 PM

Whats funny is how dumb your posts are, not you.

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Whats funny is how dumb your posts are, not you.

i dont try to be smart on a computer forum. i just try to chill and be funny.
when it somes down to school you can see me up in principals list and honor role and ****. but on a computer forum i really dont care.

VoteLynnSwan
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM

you are currently the second worst poster on this site, next to only tnewfan... no one thinks you're funny, no one likes your posts, no one wants you around.

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
is that suppose to be should or schooled?? either way you are missing an "a" or "to" respectively.

jets future
04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
you are currently the second worst poster on this site, next to only tnewfan... no one thinks you're funny, no one likes your posts, no one wants you around.

your actually kind of wrong homie.
there are ppl who like me., there just a bunch of ignorant haters

BuckNaked
04-18-2007, 05:42 PM
i dont try to be smart on a computer forum. i just try to chill and be funny.
when it somes down to school you can see me up in principals list and honor role and ****. but on a computer forum i really dont care.

Honor roll my ass, you can't even type to the point where i'd believe you are not in AIS.

VoteLynnSwan
04-18-2007, 05:42 PM
i may end up missing the first day of the draft to spend time with my girlfriend... It is completely my choice though, because she is actually cool about stuff like this... She knows how much i love the draft, and was willing to let me stay and watch it, but i felt bad about it, plus i can just listen to the picks on the radio...

Although this may not be an issue if the weather is going to be bad... so this is probably the only time i've hoped for crappy weather.

VoteLynnSwan
04-18-2007, 05:43 PM
your actually kind of wrong homie.
there are ppl who like me., there just a bunch of ignorant haters

Name one...

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Name one...
hey i know this should go in the Rock Thread, but what are some of Muse's best songs?? i stumbled onto Knights of Cydonia just the other day and love it. just curious.

Notredameleo
04-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I pretty much will be sitting at home on my a$$ all day saturday, and maybe getting up halfway through each round to throw some football or baseball with my neighbor.

VoteLynnSwan
04-18-2007, 05:49 PM
hey i know this should go in the Rock Thread, but what are some of Muse's best songs?? i stumbled onto Knights of Cydonia just the other day and love it. just curious.

New CD

Map of the Problematique
City of Delusion
Exo-Politics
Starlight

Older Stuff

Hysteria
Sunburn
Stockholm Syndrome
Showbiz
Plug in Baby
The Small Print

that outta be enough for you...
Muscle Museum

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 05:50 PM
New CD

Map of the Problematique
City of Delusion
Exo-Politics
Starlight

Older Stuff

Hysteria
Sunburn
Stockholm Syndrome
Showbiz
Plug in Baby
The Small Print

that outta be enough for you...
Muscle Museum
cool beans. thanks for the help.

also should i just go ahead and get there whole new CD or do the songs that you didn't name not worth it??

VoteLynnSwan
04-18-2007, 05:53 PM

also should i just go ahead and get there whole new CD or do the songs that you didn't name not worth it??

haha, i think you got my name wrong... My name is in reference to Lynn Swann's recent bid at becoming the governor of Pennsylvania... not for the Hall of Fame, because he's already in the Hall...

VoteLynnSwan
04-18-2007, 05:55 PM

It is overall a very good CD... i would suggest perhaps sampling the songs that i listed prior to purchasing it, but i think the rest of the CD is worth it as well, it's just those were the songs that i liked best.

terribletowel39
04-18-2007, 05:58 PM
haha, i think you got my name wrong... My name is in reference to Lynn Swann's recent bid at becoming the governor of Pennsylvania... not for the Hall of Fame, because he's already in the Hall...
yea i guess that makes sense, i wasn't thinking. if i would have stopped to think about it, i prolly wouldn't have sent that, but what can you do. oh well. you still go +rep from it. haha

neko4
04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
How do you poor aussies keep up w/ the NFL?
Also I may miss most of the 2nd day, because Im going up to NY to see the draft. If I cant get in I'll just go to the ESPN Zone and then on Sun. Yanks-Sox
I dont like Baseball but my dad got free tix

drowe
04-18-2007, 06:51 PM

wow. i hope you 2 fight to the death and it ends in a tie.

Space Ghost
04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I've never actually watched more than up until the Bills first pick last year. I don't see the thrill in watching it... This year I am out all week end, I'll probably get on the internet and check it out. The draft is actually really boring to watch, its fun to talk about though.

Shiver
04-18-2007, 07:58 PM
I feel sorry about most of you. Except for P-L, it sounds like he won't suffer too much.

Caddy
04-18-2007, 08:02 PM
How do you poor aussies keep up w/ the NFL?
Also I may miss most of the 2nd day, because Im going up to NY to see the draft. If I cant get in I'll just go to the ESPN Zone and then on Sun. Yanks-Sox
I dont like Baseball but my dad got free tix

A little thing called the internet. Plus I have a site where I can just download the games I want to watch, aka any game with TB. There is also 3 games on cable tv each week.

Hurricane Ditka
04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I just found out I'm working from 7:50 to 6:00 on draft day. Which is a little disappointing, does anyone know anyway to get updates on your phone? or is anyone who's got unlimited texting want to do me a favor? or could someone IM picks to me if I get on mobile AIM?

DaBears9654
04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
I'll be working. I'll have to find out after 7:00 MDT whether my prediction of the Bears going o-line in round 1 came true. And if they pulled off a draft day trade involving Lance Briggs.

P-L
04-19-2007, 09:15 AM
After re-reading this thread I would like to thanks you all for your support. I will try and have as much sex that weekend as I possibly can. I will think about all of you guys while doing it too. Ok, I lied about the last part but you can pretend if it makes you feel better.

bsaza2358
04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
If you're not watching the draft, at least get something out of the deal...

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-21-2007, 05:51 PM
i'm gonna be in jail :(

UKfan
04-21-2007, 05:59 PM
i'm gonna be in jail :(

Come on dude, is that the best excuse you can come up with?

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Come on dude, is that the best excuse you can come up with?

pretty much...

they don't have espn at the harris county jail...

it gets the guys all antsy in their pantsy...

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-21-2007, 07:56 PM
lax game probably will leave around 11 and then return sometime around 3.

BlindSite
04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
My advice to internationallers is to do the following:

1. Find a stable internet radio station NOW that's hosting the draft. Try listening for a few hours while you're doing work or something around the house. There's nothing worse than logging onto a radio station and having it choppy or the connection cut out and missing your teams pick being announced while you're looking for another radio station.

Go to a team forum for your team and see if you can get someone to host a chat room. That way you can discuss the picks with people watching it.

Have prospect videos bookmarked so you can watch highlights of the player you draft, last year I didn't expect DeAngelo Williams or Richard Marshall to be around when we picked and I certainly didn't expect to get McClover in the 7th so a lot of those guys I wanted to see what they could do after they were off my radar.

Use Scott's printable draft guide, make it into a booklet by position and cross of guys as they're drafted, it helps keep track of where your favourite prospects are.

Finally, stay away from the major websites like nfldraftcountdown. Its bad to say, but they'll be so slow you'll go insane with frustration. Wait till the boards are quiet to view other peoples analysis of what your team did.

P.s. This year I'm experimenting with streaming TV, trying to get ESPN from the US broadcast. something others might want to look into too.

ny10804
04-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I may or may not miss it for the second straight year. I joined the crew team earlier this year to get in shape for football, and our first meet is next Saturday in New Jersey. Our first heat is at 8:30, and the next is at 1:30, the races are at most 30 minutes (including getting in, warming up, the actual race, and getting out) which translates into anywhere from 1 to 3 picks.

They better have a TV somewhere, or else I'll have to look on with my phone.

rchrd
04-22-2007, 10:50 AM
My advice to internationallers is to do the following:

1. Find a stable internet radio station NOW that's hosting the draft. Try listening for a few hours while you're doing work or something around the house. There's nothing worse than logging onto a radio station and having it choppy or the connection cut out and missing your teams pick being announced while you're looking for another radio station.

Go to a team forum for your team and see if you can get someone to host a chat room. That way you can discuss the picks with people watching it.

Have prospect videos bookmarked so you can watch highlights of the player you draft, last year I didn't expect DeAngelo Williams or Richard Marshall to be around when we picked and I certainly didn't expect to get McClover in the 7th so a lot of those guys I wanted to see what they could do after they were off my radar.

Use Scott's printable draft guide, make it into a booklet by position and cross of guys as they're drafted, it helps keep track of where your favourite prospects are.

Finally, stay away from the major websites like nfldraftcountdown. Its bad to say, but they'll be so slow you'll go insane with frustration. Wait till the boards are quiet to view other peoples analysis of what your team did.

P.s. This year I'm experimenting with streaming TV, trying to get ESPN from the US broadcast. something others might want to look into too.

That's some good advice right there. I, however will be going to sleep then finding out the next day what went down. It's pretty much the same result just less effort on my part...