PDA

View Full Version : All NFLDC CB - Champ Bailey, Deangelo Hall

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 08:49 PM
This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to command the middle

All CB's have been chosen for either their ability to shutdown, stop the run, tackle, cover, read plays

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG - Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings (Runner Up - Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys)
C - Olin Kreutz - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - LeCharles Bentley - Cleveland Browns)
RG - Will Shields - KC Chiefs (Runner Up - Chris Naeole - Jacksonville Jaguars)
RT - Willie Anderson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - George Foster - Denver Broncos)
TE - Antonio Gates - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Jason Witten - Dallas Cowboys)
RE - Michael Strahan - NY Giants (Runner Up - Dwight Freeney - Indianapolis Colts)
DT - Shaun Rogers - Detroit Lions (Runner Up - John Henderson - Jacksonville Jaguars)
DT - Marcus Stroud - Jacksonville Jaguars (Runner Up - Kevin Williams - Minnisota Vikings)
LE - Julius Peppers - Carolina Panthers (Runner Up - Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins)
WOLB - Keith Bulluck - Tennessee Titans (Runner Up - Derrick Brooks - Tampa Bay)
MLB - Brian Urlacher - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - Ray Lewis - Baltimore Ravens)
SOLB - Takeo Spikes - Buffalo Bills (Runner Up - Marcus Washington - Washington Redskins)
CB - Champ Bailey - Denver Broncos (Runner Up - Ken Lucas - Carolina Panthers)
CB - Deangelo Hall - Atlanta Falcons (Runner Up - Chris McCallister - Baltimore Ravens)
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS CB IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST CB

ADDITION
When DE's and OLB's are selected if the two winners/runners up are from the same side then I will decide who i believe will be best able too cope with a side switch.

ADDITION #2
Due too contravrtial circumstances Keith Brooking has not been awarded the runner up for WLB instead it has ben given too third place Derrick Brooks. This comes after twice Brooking recieved a mass influx of votes in a small period of time and P-L announcing someone had multiple accounts on the same IP. I made the decision too not award him the Runner Up. Any Problems PM me.

ADDITION #3
Due too a high influx of sudden votes Charles Woodson has been disqualified as a participant in the CB voting. Instead Chris McCallister has taken his spot.

ADDITION # 4
Despite a sudden influx of votes Tony Richardson was still awarded second place.

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86

GB12
08-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Isaid Hall but this is a harder choice than some of the other ones. I also dont think that Vasher or Woodson should be on there

The Unseen
08-09-2006, 08:52 PM
We are the Champions...don't Bail on us yet...

Denver Bronco99
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
this is just like the RG one, no one should win this but champ...it really shouldnt be close...

Pit Bull #53
08-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Ken Lucas had about as good of a season as a corner possibly could have, he gets my vote

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 08:55 PM
this is just like the RG one, no one should win this but champ...it really shouldnt be close...
if it is a total blow out im going too redo the CB#2 slot but if there is a clear second i will just use them

please vote on the FB too :D

ny10804
08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Alshinard Harris should be on there in place of Charles Woodson.

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 08:57 PM
tbh i think woodson hasnt lost it, as much as i hate the guys guts and anyone who has come from raider town, i respect his ability and i think his career will be revitalised

moc182
08-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Ken Lucas.

GB12
08-09-2006, 08:59 PM
tbh i think woodson hasnt lost it, as much as i hate the guys guts and anyone who has come from raider town, i respect his ability and i think his career will be revitalised

I hope your right :D but I think Harris should be there instead

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 09:01 PM

another day maybe but i looked at the roster (on madden so i had all the names at once) AND NO I DIDNT JUST USE THE TOP 10, se my memory is terrible and i need a visual source too help so i use nfl.com depth charts and madden rosters so i dont forget any players

ShutDwn
08-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Ken Lucas. He is the full package. He stops the run better then any corner, and he is great in coverage.

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Ken Lucas. He is the full package. He stops the run better then any corner, and he is great in coverage.i put my vote for chris gamble, something about him, carolina by far have the ebst corner tandem and probably the bst defense in the NFL plus their loaded offense they are going all the way this year, they have it all, no holes at all

GB12
08-09-2006, 09:02 PM

another day maybe but i looked at the roster (on madden so i had all the names at once) AND NO I DIDNT JUST USE THE TOP 10, se my memory is terrible and i need a visual source too help so i use nfl.com depth charts and madden rosters so i dont forget any players

It really doesnt matter anyway since niether would win :wink:

smittyjs
08-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Ken Lucas

Denver Bronco99
08-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Ken Lucas. He is the full package. He stops the run better then any corner, and he is great in coverage.i put my vote for chris gamble, something about him, carolina by far have the ebst corner tandem and probably the bst defense in the NFL plus their loaded offense they are going all the way this year, they have it all, no holes at all

nope sorry, neither is better then champ, and Chris and Samari are better then carolinas

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 09:09 PM
DeAngelo. I would take Lucas over Champ as well.

stephenson86

nope sorry, neither is better then champ, and Chris and Samari are better then carolinas

disagree completely, gamble is awesome in coverage and he can tackle anything. lucas is like champ IMO just not as established and younger, those two are going too be a force together for a long time

GB12

that just keeps reminded me of Draft Day when I got so pissed for taking Carrol over him :evil: :evil: :evil:

P-L

I disagree. Ken Lucas is the best CB in the NFL imo.

HokiesSkins2621
How is Champ "take an interception to the house then get burnt the next 2 more times for td's" Bailey have more votes over a Virginia born Cornerback in DeAngelo Hall? WTF? Oh well... 8)

Pit Bull #53
08-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Just for the record, I'd take D. Hall as my #2 behind Lucas.

draftguru151
I guess nowadays 2 plays completely ruin a players career, first Williams now Champ. :?

Dillen
Sheldon Brown should be on there, and if anyone SERIOUSLY votes for Deltha O'Neal they have no idea what the hell a football is.

I voted for Deangelo Hall.

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Sheldon Brown should be on there, and if anyone SERIOUSLY votes for Deltha O'Neal they have no idea what the hell a football is.

I voted for Deangelo Hall.

You mean he isn't the best ever because he gets a bunch of ints? Ty Law and O'Neal are the shiznit!!!!11!!1!

Denver Bronco99
08-09-2006, 09:13 PM

no problem, i mean its like some one saying Tom Brady is the best or Peyton Maning..but in this comparison...the only difference is one is Great and probally a HOFer and other jsut another good player

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Lucas is better in coverage but Champ is probably the best run support CB in the NFL along with Antoine Winfield.

Lucas and Gamble are better than Rolle and McAlister, especially after last year.

XxXdragonXxX
08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Lucas is better in coverage but Champ is probably the best run support CB in the NFL along with Antoine Winfield.

Lucas and Gamble are better than Rolle and McAlister, especially after last year.

Ken Lucas is a beast in run support. Definately one of his strong points.

Pit Bull #53
08-09-2006, 09:20 PM

I agree. It's still close, but last year's performance definately put Carolina's duo over the top.

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 09:21 PM

I know but Champ is the best.

Denver Bronco99
08-09-2006, 09:21 PM

first off champ hits like a Safety and has awarness in pass coverage is crazy...he is a MAN playing with a pulled hammy, and hyperextedned shoulder and still was the best last year, the biggest game changer on D

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 09:28 PM
i cant w8 too see lucas this year, i think bailey will begin his decline

Denver Bronco99
08-09-2006, 09:31 PM

LOL

why does everyone think BAILEY IS OLD...he is 27....

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 09:33 PM

LOL

why does everyone think BAILEY IS OLD...he is 27....
dude why do u have too ram bailey, i love him i think he is an incredible player and one of the best ever but ken lucas has caught up nearly and this year i think ken will overtake bailey because bailey will begin too slow, its just my opinion but after 7 years of solid play and battling injuries last year i think he will begin too feel the ware on his tyres

no please stop inserting ur nose into baileys hole :wink:

yourfavestoner
08-09-2006, 09:36 PM

no problem, i mean its like some one saying Tom Brady is the best or Peyton Maning..but in this comparison...the only difference is one is Great and probally a HOFer and other jsut another good player

Champ Bailey in the Hall of Fame? :lol:

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 09:38 PM

Champ Bailey in the Hall of Fame? :lol:
if he keeps doing what he does on a slow decline he will do but as of now its just that guy ramming bailey :wink:

ShutDwn
08-09-2006, 09:45 PM

Me too, He was so distraught over the loss in Seattle that he spent a lot of time in the weight room and is even stronger.

His arms are huge for a DB

draftguru151
08-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I think Champ is gonna be a HOF when it is time. He has been the top CB for the last few years and still arguably is.

yourfavestoner
08-09-2006, 10:00 PM
I think Champ is gonna be a HOF when it is time. He has been the top CB for the last few years and still arguably is.

He's been arguably the best cornerback, and that's really not even a huge accomplishment with how weak the corner crop is in the NFL right now. For the first time probably ever, the safeties in the league are better than the corners.

HokiesSkins2621
08-09-2006, 10:13 PM
I guess nowadays 2 plays completely ruin a players career, first Williams now Champ. :?

Hes been doing that his whole career...

stephenson86
08-09-2006, 10:14 PM

Hes been doing that his whole career...
like when peerless price demolished him the season before last

HokiesSkins2621
08-09-2006, 10:16 PM

first off champ hits like a Safety and has awarness in pass coverage is crazy...he is a MAN playing with a pulled hammy, and hyperextedned shoulder and still was the best last year, the biggest game changer on D

1. It is stupid for a cornerback to play with a pulled hammy? What coach would actually let his player do that?

2. Sean Taylor played like 3 games with a screwed shoulder. So don't think he is a man among boys cuase he did that.

3. Champ is a very good cornerback. He just is not the best.

08-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Chris McCallister with the most underrated CB in the game, Mathis, not far behind.

ShutDwn
08-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Chris McCallister with the most underrated CB in the game, Mathis, not far behind.

How can you be underrated when many people consider you a top corner?

He isn't the corner some make him out to be. He gets away with a lot because of Ed Reed. He has the talent, but I consider him lazy

08-09-2006, 10:25 PM

He isn't the corner some make him out to be. He gets away with a lot because of Ed Reed. He has the talent, but I consider him lazy

I said Mathis was the most underrated.

XxXdragonXxX

He was saying Rashean Mathis is the most underrated corner in the league.

Jensen
Champ.

Brodeur
08-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Nathan Vasher got a vote? Seriously? Anyway, it's tough between McCallister, Lucas, and Bailey, but I'd still go Lucas. It's going to be a close one between those two(and Ronde Barber should be at least on over Vasher, O'Neal, and Woodson).

Jughead10
08-09-2006, 10:28 PM
I went with Lucas here. Although I think the tandem should be Lucas and Bailey.

GB12
08-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Nathan Vasher got a vote? Seriously? Anyway, it's tough between McCallister, Lucas, and Bailey, but I'd still go Lucas. It's going to be a close one between those two(and Ronde Barber should be at least on over Vasher, O'Neal, and Woodson).

I kind of expected that Im surprised that woodson doesnt have any because there are a lot of packer homers on here

ShutDwn
08-09-2006, 10:36 PM

I said Mathis was the most underrated.

Sorry, I misread it. I deff. agree with that statement.

Ravens1991
08-09-2006, 10:47 PM
exactly how is c-mac lazy, I dont remember ever hearing a problem about his work ethic.

cunningham06
08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Why is Deltha O'Neil on here? He's not a great cornerback, he just gets a lot of picks because he always goes for them and gets burned a lot. Sheldon Brown is a much better corner than O'Neil, as is Dunta Robinson.

cunningham06
08-09-2006, 11:29 PM

Ronde Barber is very good in run support but hasn't been mentioned and isn't even on the poll.

TCU
08-09-2006, 11:30 PM
i think it should be Gary Baxter, he was the only one who stopped #85 in 2005 according to mr. johnson's locker room check list.

cunningham06
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
i think it should be Gary Baxter, he was the only one who stopped #85 in 2005 according to mr. johnson's locker room check list.

Haha a Browns cornerback the best in the NFL? Gary Baxter is good, but he was never close to as good as Chris McCalister was in Baltimore.

XxXdragonXxX
08-09-2006, 11:35 PM

I thought that was Leigh Bodden?

Edit- it was Leigh Bodden. http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051216/SPT02/512160344/1066

cunningham06
08-09-2006, 11:56 PM

I thought that was Leigh Bodden?

No one really knows because according to most people 85 has said that lots of cornerbacks are the best in the NFL, and when people use that as a measuring stick against other receivers it is irritating.

Staubach12
08-10-2006, 01:09 AM
It's gotta be Champ.

08-10-2006, 01:15 AM
I think Terence Newman should be on there instead of Deltha Oneal

SuperMcGee
08-10-2006, 01:19 AM

eh. I'd like Winfield on it more

ShutDwn
08-10-2006, 01:22 AM

Why? Ken Lucas is bigger and stronger watch highlights from the Patriots game

Shiver
08-10-2006, 01:53 AM
Why is Deltha O'Neil and Chris Gamble on here? He's not a great cornerback, he just gets a lot of picks because he always goes for them and gets burned a lot.

Fixed for you. While Lucas is the best corner in the league right now, Gamble was burned a lot last year.

no love
08-10-2006, 02:21 AM
I'll take Deangelo Hall, he is the youngest guy on that list with the most pure ability and i'd say the best pure cover corner in the league right now. Plus i wouldn't underrate his work against the run, Mora uses him as a cover corner bc he has always been a guy who plays an aggressive D that lives and dies by the blitz. Bc of that Hall is always out there on an island where his main responsibilty is the pass.

While Lucas is good i really question a guy who has only had one REALLY good year only bc before this year he had some real confidence issues at seattle. Hall is a kind of guy who has enough swagger to never lose confidence.

The Legend
08-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Chris McAlister Or DeAngelo Hall

Caddy
08-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Ronde Barber?

haccess
08-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Gamble was burned a lot last year.

No he wasn't. Of course, you didn't actually watch him play the full season so your perception of him is flawed. He certainly wasn't burned by any of Atlanta's recievers so who knows where you're getting your crazy misconceptions.

stephenson86
08-10-2006, 10:09 AM
charles woodson has been disqualified from the voting

draftguru151
08-10-2006, 10:43 AM

Ronde Barber is very good in run support but hasn't been mentioned and isn't even on the poll.

Yea but Champ is a top 5 cover corner and the best at run support.

HokiesSkins2621
08-10-2006, 11:38 AM

Yea, where is Dre' Bly? In my book he is the best cornerback in the league(Another virginia born cornerback).

Don Vito
08-10-2006, 11:49 AM
1. Champ Bailey
2. DeAngelo Hall

draftguru151
08-10-2006, 11:50 AM

Yea, where is Dre' Bly? In my book he is the best cornerback in the league(Another virginia born cornerback).

Dre Bly? :?

Winfield and Newman are both top 10 guys, I think Winfield is top 4.

stephenson86
08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
this is gonna close once we get a decider between hall and lucas

scar988
08-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I'll take Deangelo Hall, he is the youngest guy on that list with the most pure ability and i'd say the best pure cover corner in the league right now. Plus i wouldn't underrate his work against the run, Mora uses him as a cover corner bc he has always been a guy who plays an aggressive D that lives and dies by the blitz. Bc of that Hall is always out there on an island where his main responsibilty is the pass.

While Lucas is good i really question a guy who has only had one REALLY good year only bc before this year he had some real confidence issues at seattle. Hall is a kind of guy who has enough swagger to never lose confidence.we won't be blitzing as muc hthis year as wel did last year.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-10-2006, 12:37 PM
How in God's great goodness did I go to bed when Woodson had practically no votes and wake up to see him in second?

jackalope
08-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Champ Bailey

why are there so many votes for woodson?

bearfan
08-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Champ Bailey

Packer fans :evil:

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
08-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Champ Bailey

Packer fans :evil:

I think its packer FAN. No s. Probably one person made like... 17 accounts and voted for him 17 times.

Ravens1991
08-10-2006, 12:49 PM
yea it has to be someone, like Witten and Lewis, they almost beat out the rightful #1

stephenson86
08-10-2006, 01:08 PM
yea it has to be someone, like Witten and Lewis, they almost beat out the rightful #1
didnt u read, ive disqualified him

Paranoidmoonduck
08-10-2006, 02:39 PM

Champ is a fantastic athlete who is pretty average in coverage. People are starting to wake up the fact that he isn't godly at corner.

I voted Lucas.

Denver Bronco99
08-10-2006, 02:46 PM

Champ is a fantastic athlete who is pretty average in coverage. People are starting to wake up the fact that he isn't godly at corner.

I voted Lucas.

lol average in coverage!

sure he geatrs beat...but that is due to agressiveness....when he is man to man he is tops in the league, thats why he has led the league in the last 8 years in PD.....he has 117....he is a monster coverage artist who is agresive...you need to be agressive to make plays

The Legend
08-10-2006, 03:04 PM
wait i thought woodson got 2nd place

stephenson86
08-10-2006, 05:27 PM
wait i thought woodson got 2nd place
disqualified for foul play, all his votes came in like 10 minutes

Paranoidmoonduck
08-10-2006, 07:21 PM
lol average in coverage!

sure he geatrs beat...but that is due to agressiveness....when he is man to man he is tops in the league, thats why he has led the league in the last 8 years in PD.....he has 117....he is a monster coverage artist who is agresive...you need to be agressive to make plays

Champ Bailey's first year in Denver he was thrown too and beaten more than any starting cornerback in the entire NFL. He has gotten better since, but not enough to be called the best in the NFL. Ken Lucas was worlds better last year.

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 07:30 PM
1. It is sad that Terence NEwman isnt in this poll.

2. DeAngelo Hall isnt even a top 10 corner, his name shouldn't even be in this poll.

stephenson86
08-10-2006, 07:33 PM

2. DeAngelo Hall isnt even a top 10 corner, his name shouldn't even be in this poll.
so he came second by fluke?

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 07:36 PM

Flashy players tend to be overrated. That is why some people view Hall as a top 10 corner or Polamalu as a top 5 safety when in fact they aren't close to that elite status.

bearfan
08-10-2006, 07:41 PM

Flashy players tend to be overrated. That is why some people view Hall as a top 10 corner or Polamalu as a top 5 safety when in fact they aren't close to that elite status.

Dallas fan :evil:

Shiver
08-10-2006, 07:47 PM
It should be Hall and Lucas, but whatever.

Shiver
08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
How is DeAngelo Hall not a top-10 corner? Can you prove he isn't, or our you just spouting off your opinion as fact? I tend to think the latter..

stephenson86
08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
It should be Hall and Lucas, but whatever.

26 disagree

Shiver
08-10-2006, 07:50 PM
I know, but Lucas is better than Bailey in my personal opinion.

stephenson86
08-10-2006, 07:51 PM
i disagree but hey bailey won it i feel because he proves he can do it all the time

Shiver
08-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Bailey won it, so by popular decision he is on the depth chart. If it was my own he would be third.

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
How is DeAngelo Hall not a top-10 corner? Can you prove he isn't, or our you just spouting off your opinion as fact? I tend to think the latter..

1. I can name 10 corners who are better
2. People tend to look at his "performance" against TO as what made him elite. Last time i checked giving up 112 yards isnt impressive its pathetic.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-10-2006, 07:58 PM
surpised how many votes Charles Woodson has

Shiver
08-10-2006, 08:00 PM
1. YOU can name better? What makes your opinion better than everybody elses? Your opinion is hardly "proof" that Hall isn't a top-10 corner.

2. Two of Owens' catches were not on Hall. He had 5 Catches on DeAngelo Hall, out of 17 Passes thrown towards him. 12 Incomplete passes is very good for a corner against the league's best. Including a 0% success rate against Hall in the second half.

3. Joey Galloway put up top-10 numbers, but Hall held him to two catches in two games.

stephenson86
08-10-2006, 08:01 PM

2. People tend to look at his "performance" against TO as what made him elite. Last time i checked giving up 112 yards isnt impressive its pathetic.

dont u mean u can anme 10 corners because there arent 10 corners who are better

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-10-2006, 08:08 PM
i voted for lucas. my favorite CB. good coverage. makes picks. plays the run. is tough. straight up the total package

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM

dont u mean u can anme 10 corners because there arent 10 corners who are better

Champ Bailey
Ken Lucas
Terence Newman
Nate Clements
Chris McAlister
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ronde Barber
Sheldon Brown
Ike Taylor
Leigh Boldon

XxXdragonXxX
08-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Champ Bailey
Ken Lucas
Terence Newman
Nate Clements
Chris McAlister
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ronde Barber
Sheldon Brown
Ike Taylor
Leigh Boldon

Antrell Rolle? That's a joke right? He got burned constantly as a rookie...he certainly has potential, but he has to show it on the field first. Some of the other ones are ridiculous too, but that one especially.

Shiver
08-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Champ Bailey
Ken Lucas
Terence Newman
Nate Clements
Chris McAlister
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ronde Barber
Sheldon Brown
Ike Taylor
Leigh Boldon

That list is hilarious, thanks for the laugh.

draftguru151
08-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Yea, that list is pretty laughable.

Shiver
08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
He couldn't even spell Leigh Bodden's name correctly, but he's still better than DeAngelo Hall. :lol:

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 09:18 PM

Which names?

draftguru151
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM

Which names?

All of them but Bailey and Lucas, because they are the only ones in his class. McAlister and Clements are top guys, but not with Hall, Mathis is as well. Ty Law, Ike Taylor, Leigh Bodden (who you can't even spell) aren't anywhere near top CBs.

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 09:36 PM

Which names?

All of them but Bailey and Lucas, because they are the only ones in his class. McAlister and Clements are top guys, but not with Hall, Mathis is as well. Ty Law, Ike Taylor, Leigh Bodden (who you can't even spell) aren't anywhere near top CBs.

What makes you think that Hall has proven himself on the level of Bailey, Lucas, Newman, etc.

jsagan77
08-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Lucas should have won this hands down.. WHat is wrong with the voters on this site??? :evil: It's like a GD popularity contest. Champ bailey is alot of hype. He gets beat a lot for an Elite Shutdown Corner..

Lucas
McCallister
Hall
Clements
Gamble
Newman
Bailey (even this is generous IMO)

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 09:43 PM

Which names?

What makes you think that Hall has proven himself on the level of Bailey, Lucas, Newman, etc.

*Noticed how you slyly threw Newman in there :roll: *

Considering he didnt give up one TD all last year and put up better numbers than Hall against the same recievers they faced, yes he is clearly a better CB.

Shiver
08-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Where do you get that Newman didn't give up a touchdown? Keenan McCardell put up 123 yards and 2 touchdowns on opening day.

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Where do you get that Newman didn't give up a touchdown? Keenan McCardell put up 123 yards and 2 touchdowns on opening day.

On Anthony Henry and Aaron Glenn, watch the games.

draftguru151
08-10-2006, 09:49 PM
It is a fact that Newman didn't give up a TD last year, but when you run zone most of the time the safety gets beat for TDs, not the CB. I agree Newman is a top 10 CB, but Hall is the best CB in this league. Stop being a homer and realize Newman isn't god.

Also Champ got beat twice last year when he had a bad shoulder and a bad hamstring. That isn't getting beat a lot.

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 09:58 PM
It is a fact that Newman didn't give up a TD last year, but when you run zone most of the time the safety gets beat for TDs, not the CB. I agree Newman is a top 10 CB, but Hall is the best CB in this league. Stop being a homer and realize Newman isn't god.

Also Champ got beat twice last year when he had a bad shoulder and a bad hamstring. That isn't getting beat a lot.

1. When did I say Newman was the best corner n the league? All i said was that he was beter than Hall how is that being a homer?

2. You say Hall is the best CB in the league and you haavent provided one piece of evidence so far.

3. When did i say Bailey got beat a lot. I have always said he is the best corner in the league BY FAR.

Stop putting ridiculous statements in my mouth because you cant defend your position.

draftguru151
08-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Ever thing I was responding to someone other than you? :?

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 10:01 PM

:D

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 10:03 PM

The newman statements are directly stated to me since no one else has mentioned his name positively. You call me a homer for saying Newman is a top 10 corner and backing it up with facts while you call Hall the top corner in the league with no defense. Does that not make you a bigger homer?

Shiver
08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Newman shut down Eric Parker, while McCardell tore through the defense, how impressive. :roll:

Joey Galloway - 2 Catches versus Hall in two games
Terrell Owens - 5 Catches on 17 Attempts, 29%, while he averages catching 51% of the passes thrown his way.
Chris Chambers - Held to to 3 catches, after this game Chambers was a manimal.

draftguru151
08-10-2006, 10:08 PM

The newman statements are directly stated to me since no one else has mentioned his name positively. You call me a homer for saying Newman is a top 10 corner and backing it up with facts while you call Hall the top corner in the league with no defense. Does that not make you a bigger homer?

I didn't call you a homer for saying Newman is a top 10 CB, I agreed with you, but he is not a top 3 CB like you are saying.

XxXdragonXxX
08-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Newman shut down Eric Parker, while McCardell tore through the defense, how impressive. :roll:

Terrell Owens - 5 Catches on 17 Attempts, 29%, while he averages catching 51% of the passes thrown his way.

Darrell Jackson owned hall though.

RCAChainGang
08-10-2006, 10:18 PM
This is obviously Bailey. I like Rashean, but he doesnt come close to Bailey. Lucas and Gamble aren't as good as Bailey either.

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 10:18 PM

Newman Stats

Terrel Owens - 5 catches 50 yards
Randy Moss - 3 catches 44 yards
Steve Smith - 1 catch 18 yards
Larry Fitzgerald - 4 catches 36 yards
Torry Holt - 4 catches 40 yards
Ashley Lelie - 0 Catches 0 yards
Amani Toomer game 1 - 2 catchess 11 yards
Amani Toomer game 2 - 1 catch 8 yards
Reggie Brown - 3 catches 15 yards
Roy Williams - 5 catches 72 yards
Eddie Kennison - 3 catches 45 yards

Total Touchdowns given up = ZERO

Shiver
08-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Newman is a very good corner, no one's debating that one. Hall vs Newman is debatable. Even if I give you the win, that Newman played better last year;

Nate Clements
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ike Taylor
Leigh Bodden

Are not as good as Hall. Especially considering that Hall has only played 1 1/2 season, as a starter. He'll be the best, this time next year.

dwareroy
08-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Newman is a very good corner, no one's debating that one. Hall vs Newman is debatable. Even if I give you the win, that Newman played better last year;

Nate Clements
Dunta Robinson
Antrell Rolle
Rashean Mathis
Patrick Surtain
Ty Law
Ike Taylor
Leigh Bodden

Are not as good as Hall. Especially considering that Hall has only played 1 1/2 season, as a starter. He'll be the best, this time next year.

He's still young and improving I'll give Hall fans that much. He has the potential to be top 5 and possibly #1 corner in the league but right now he is around 10th. To be 10th best in your 3rd year is an accomplishment to be proud of. Currently, Clements, Surtain, and Dunta are elite while I can see why you take Hall ahead of the other corners.

Shiver
08-10-2006, 11:29 PM
- Clements had an awful year last year. He let his contract get in the way of his play.

- What has Robinson done that Hall hasn't? He gets burned more than Hall too.

- I live in Kansas City, Surtain is not that good anymore. He's not elite anymore, like I said, back in 2003...

The Legend
08-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Chris McAllistar

is my 2nd place

draftguru151
08-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Dunta Robinson has had probably 3/4 of a good year if that. He had a good stretch at the middle of his rookie season after starting off rough, then hit a wall. Last season he was very average.

dre1614
09-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Its a shame that T Newman isnt even on that list.

He was probably the best pure cover corner last year.

My favorite player is D Hall but not one receiver T New faced all year got the better of him.

Here are some stats from AdamJT13 who is a stat guru.....................

"Newman's final stats were 30 catches allowed out of 70 attempts (42.9 percent) for 320 yards and no touchdowns. He was never penalized for pass interference or illegal contact.

During the final six games, Newman allowed five catches out of 20 attempts (25.0 percent) for 56 yards -- which is 0.83 catches for 9.33 yards per game. During that stretch, he faced receivers such as Steve Smith (Pro Bowl), Torry Holt (Pro Bowl), Rod Smith (Pro Bowl), Santana Moss (Pro Bowl), Plaxico Burress (1,200 yards), Amani Toomer and Isaac Bruce, and they COMBINED for two catches for 11 yards against him."

"Newman doesn't follow the opponent's best receiver on every play in every game (no cornerback in the NFL does that). He plays his position and covers whoever lines up against him.

McCardell had one catch for 16 yards against Newman. Santana Moss had one catch for 9 yards (in two games) against Newman. Lloyd didn't catch a pass against Newman. Randy Moss didn't catch a pass against Newman. Roy Williams had three catches for 35 yards against Newman. Kennison had one catch for 22 yards. Those six guys COMBINED for six catches for 82 yards on 14 pass attempts against Newman.

Against Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, Torry Holt, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Rod Smith and Amani Toomer, Newman allowed a TOTAL of six catches for 84 yards on 15 attempts."

Did i mention he played pretty much every down, and did not give up 1 td all year?

Even if you dislike the guy, you have to admit those stats are sick.
Give the dude his props

dre1614
09-14-2006, 02:55 AM
http://forum.playitusa.com/index.php?s=210c2f00f98f059f27953f27bea2f546&showtopic=6333&st=135

The ‘Boys Blog — Terence Newman played better in ‘05 than in ‘04. There are some fans who think he’s ready for stardom and others who think he’s money already. Can he — is he — playing at a top level already? We ask in part because he’s getting a split decision from the national media. Sports Illustrated’s Paul Zimmerman named Newman as one of his All Pros last year but other scribes remember his whiff against Chris Cooley in the second Redskins game and beat his ratings up over that.

K.C. Joyner — I have to agree with Dr. Z on this one. A part of my take on Newman from SF 2006: “Newman placed in the top 12 in all of the major cornerback metric categories in the medium and deep pass levels and his short pass metrics were also good. He was possibly the most consistent cornerback in the NFL last year.”