PDA

View Full Version : Bucs to swap picks with Detroit?

-black
04-18-2007, 11:57 AM
check the draft forum

the deal (being reported being talked out) is Simeon Rice and the fourth pick for the number 2 pick

thoughts?

I'd def take it if we would only be giving up Rice (who most likely wont be here after 2008). It gets sketchy if they wanted one of our other 1st day picks also....im very protective of those picks

we cant make this trade yet though, since Davis could screw us by taking CJ first, thus making our trade useless

Booger
04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
If CJ is the target, which he appears to be, they shouldnt make the trade until Oakland has the top pick signed or selected.

But if Detroit were offering it as a right now take it or leave it deal, I would personally take it. Rice is a FA in one more year, and we are more than a year away from being competitive. Based on the draft chart, this trade values Rice as a late 1st rounder. Sounds good to me, but there better be at least 2 DL taken on day 1.

Hey, maybe the Bucs are trying to leap frog Cleveland for Russell or Thomas.

-black
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Hey, maybe the Bucs are trying to leap frog Cleveland for Russell or Thomas

Neither are worth giving up a starting DE for. Only the consensus BP in the draft would be (CJ). If we are eyeing a QB or a OT, then we should stay at 4, one of them will be available (Thomas, Quinn, or Russell)

I hope to God that we end up with Okoye, Adams, or Landry if CJ is gone

Watchman
04-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Neither are worth giving up a starting DE for. Only the consensus BP in the draft would be (CJ). If we are eyeing a QB or a OT, then we should stay at 4, one of them will be available (Thomas, Quinn, or Russell)

I hope to God that we end up with Okoye, Adams, or Landry if CJ is gone

I'm still betting that the Bucs board goes CJ, Thomas, Okoye, Adams. I still don't have a clue what they'd do if Russell was sitting there at #4.

Beans
04-18-2007, 02:40 PM
wait wait wait

#4 and Rice for #2 straight up?

Good God yes! If Oakland doesn't take CJ, that is absolutely PERFECT.

zCaddyz
04-18-2007, 04:48 PM
i would prob do it too, and i love rice and would hate to see him go but we can get a DE in the next round

smittyjs
04-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Help me out, i'll doing a mock draft, i figure i would post my ? here.\
If ya'll stay at #4 and CJ isn't there who do you think tthe pick is going to be???

Caddy
04-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Provided the Buccaneers are confident that they have a good replacement for Simeon, I would do this trade.

Tampa 2 4 life
04-18-2007, 05:31 PM
I would do this trade as long as no other picks are involved.

FireGruden
04-18-2007, 06:08 PM
the bucs lions trade is DEAD according to profootballtalk.com--falcons have contacted the lions now

Caddy
04-18-2007, 07:55 PM
PFT isn't always the best source of info

The Unseen
04-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Maybe the Bucs want CJ, and if the Raiders take him they instead take Gaines Adams, who the Lions might draft?

Notredameleo
04-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Thats what i said, and as a lions fan, i would hate this trade, not that Rice isnt a great player, because he is, but he is on the downside of his career, and has a huge price tag. If this trade would happen, i would have to see your late 2nd rounder added or i would be pis$ed!

ks_perfection
04-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Maybe the Bucs want CJ, and if the Raiders take him they instead take Gaines Adams, who the Lions might draft?

Well, if they traded for Rice I doubt there eyeing Gaines since they signed White, even though he's a good starter. Detroit either could take the remaining QB or just take Thomas.

ks_perfection
04-18-2007, 08:24 PM
the bucs lions trade is DEAD according to profootballtalk.com--falcons have contacted the lions now

The draft is still too far of before trade offers are seriously considered. Teams are just feeling eachother out now, getting a general idea of how much they want for a trade. Almost all of them appear happen at the last moment out of nowhere. Im sure if Quinn fell to 6 the Bears would jump at taking the deal with Washington, if not they might bleed washington for giving up a little more.

Three Step Drop
04-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Like everyone says it depends on what Oakland do at #1. If they dont take CJ then for me it's trade on. We could have Spires and Carter at End, and look for talent at DE in round 2

Fresh
04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Wait until Oakland takes Russell. Once that has occured you call up Detroit and make the deal. Bucs give up the last 2nd rounder would be good,then take Anthony Spencer at 35. Third round take Tanard Jackson, 4th round take Marcus Thomas. 5th round go with Yamon Figurs KR,walk home happy like you just went to Mickey D's.