PDA

View Full Version : Scotts New Mock

ChefMike
04-18-2007, 02:11 PM
So what does everyone think of this ? I like us still going OL feel comfortable with him... but not wowed by him. Lots of people that have been in the 1st all off season falling off the face of the planet in this mock...namely Jarvis Moss ? I know he is a total tweener, though I still think he is going to make a very good OLB/DE for someone...

EdReedUnstoppable
04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Rd 1= Ryan Kalil C, USC

Love the pick, it would allow us to keep Chester at OG where he played very well last year, and Kalil could start right away thus ridding us of Mike Flynn forever.

Rd 2= Quentin Moses DE/OLB, Georgia

Absolutely love this pick, a guy who in my mind is Top 15 talent, just needs motivation, and what better place for a defensive player to get motivated then at the side of Ray Lewis!

Ravens1991
04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
well if Newsome says Chester will be a C I would prefer Grubbs and slide Brown to RG and put Vincent on the bench.

About the 2nd pick, Moses has top 10 pick potential, if Ray can motivate him we have another steal.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 02:48 PM
well if Newsome says Chester will be a C I would prefer Grubbs and slide Brown to RG and put Vincent on the bench.

About the 2nd pick, Moses has top 10 pick potential, if Ray can motivate him we have another steal.

So in other words you want to bring in a draft pick to start and then move 2 players into different positions then the ones they made vast improvements in just to draft a prospect you prefer?

I like Ryan Kalil and he would be a solid piece on the offensive line for the next 8-12 years. Moses would be a good compliment on our defense but I don't see the need of Ray Lewis alone as motivation. Ray no longer defines our defense, when a guy comes in on defense he's responsible to the entire defense and its decorated tradition. Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, CMac, or even Trevor Pryce would snatch a guy up who didn't do his job not Ray Lewis alone.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 02:51 PM
The center position is not a position with players that will wow you so you lack of enthusiasm for Kalil is understandable. Centers should be seen and not heard from as well the entire offensive line, the only time you hear their names is on penalties. Kalil would be a solid addition to our line and most likely would be a staple there for the next 8-12 years.

fenikz
04-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Kalil will probably be a probowl center within a year or 2, he is a quality guy and if he had his skill set and played LT he would be a top 10 pick

Ravens1991
04-18-2007, 03:20 PM
well Newsome said Chester can be a C plus I think it is a little bit of me just loving Grubbs.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
well Newsome said Chester can be a C plus I think it is a little bit of me just loving Grubbs.

Yes we are aware to the fact that Chester played Center at Oklahoma as we are equally aware of your apparent mancrush on Ben Grubbs.

Ravens1991
04-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I guess Kalil will be good if Chester would play RG.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I guess Kalil will be good if Chester would play RG.

You learn well young Padawan.... :D

SeanTaylorRIP
04-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Merged this thread with the thread on Kalil.

America
04-18-2007, 05:44 PM
I like Kalil a lot, and I want him on the team. Only thing that makes it sort of bad is that Chester is supposed to be our C of the future, although I thought he was a very good guard when he played. It makes our line more set...
LT - Terry
LG - Brown
C - Kalil
RG - Chester
RT - Mysterious enigma

Moses is a great player, but I'd rather have his teamate Charles Johnson there. We have Cody, 2nd rounder 2 years ago. He should be a solid backup. And we're paying JJohnson starters money. And JJohnson is only 2 years older than Moses anyways. CJohnson can gradually gain weight till he's about 285-290 in the Charles Grant range and he can play WDE in the 3-4. Or, I'd like IAFrancis, Brandon Siler, James Marten, Josh Beekman, Marshall Yanda.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I like Kalil a lot, and I want him on the team. Only thing that makes it sort of bad is that Chester is supposed to be our C of the future, although I thought he was a very good guard when he played. It makes our line more set...
LT - Terry
LG - Brown
C - Kalil
RG - Chester
RT - Mysterious enigma

Moses is a great player, but I'd rather have his teamate Charles Johnson there. We have Cody, 2nd rounder 2 years ago. He should be a solid backup. And we're paying JJohnson starters money. And JJohnson is only 2 years older than Moses anyways. CJohnson can gradually gain weight till he's about 285-290 in the Charles Grant range and he can play WDE in the 3-4. Or, I'd like IAFrancis, Brandon Siler, James Marten, Josh Beekman, Marshall Yanda.

I would SO buy that jersey! :D

Bohleive
04-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I like the player, but not the value. I'd much rather see us trade down if he (Kalil) was the pick.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 06:03 PM
I like the player, but not the value. I'd much rather see us trade down if he (Kalil) was the pick.

A staple on the offensive line for the next decade is not worth the 29th pick? I'm sorry I don't understand your logic on that one.

ChefMike
04-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Kalil just isnt a sexy pick ! I mean come on he plays center... your not going to see him scoring TD's, making INT's, Sacking the QB or making the Winning Kick in the Super Bowl... hell he won't even make the winning snap for the winning Kick in the Super Bowl...

He is a safe pick and thats the plus to him. We know that he won't be an off the field distraction cause he has good character as well. I think the question here is... do we have someone already on the roster (Jason Brown )we feel is better then Kalil to take over for Flynn possibly as early as this season ? Or do we let Brown play Guard where he has been playing and playing well and bring in another Center.

Like I said before I wouldnt be upset if we took him is he quality of a pick but if a Ted Ginn or a Robert Meacham or Jarvis Moss or Joe Staley is sitting there do you pass up that prospect and go for Ryan Kalil ?

Bohleive
04-18-2007, 06:12 PM
A staple on the offensive line for the next decade is not worth the 29th pick? I'm sorry I don't understand your logic on that one.

Here's the logic, he's likely slated as a mid 2nd rd pick by most teams. That is his value. Why take at 29 when he'll still be there 10 picks later?

ChefMike
04-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Here's the logic, he's likely slated as a mid 2nd rd pick by most teams. That is his value. Why take at 29 when he'll still be there 10 picks later?

Because we don't pick 10 picks later and the Teams that would want those QB's we are acting as if we would be drafting are in the TOP 3 maybe TOP 7 of the 2nd rd.

And by most analysts including this website he is a 1st rd pick on ratings not just selection...

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 06:16 PM

Who exactly is slating him as a mid 2nd rounder? For the last 2 weeks he's been cemented as the 1st pick of the 2nd round, a mere 4 picks after the 29th pick. If your guy is there you take him regardless of his positioning, when you start drafting based on positioning you get yourself in trouble. A couple of years ago the Lions took Mike Williams out of USC at 10 because of positioning and we see how that worked out. If the Ravens are zeroing in on Kalil and he's there at 29 they'll pull the trigger no doubt.

Bohleive
04-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Who exactly is slating him as a mid 2nd rounder? For the last 2 weeks he's been cemented as the 1st pick of the 2nd round, a mere 4 picks after the 29th pick. If your guy is there you take him regardless of his positioning, when you start drafting based on positioning you get yourself in trouble. A couple of years ago the Lions took Mike Williams out of USC at 10 because of positioning and we see how that worked out. If the Ravens are zeroing in on Kalil and he's there at 29 they'll pull the trigger no doubt.

It's my opinion, take it or leave it.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
It's my opinion, take it or leave it.

I shall leave it sir. Remember a QB, RB, and WR's can't be successful without a quality offensive line.

ChefMike
04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
I shall leave it sir. Remember a QB, RB, and WR's can't be successful without a quality offensive line.

I agree 100% but refer to me post about Ryan Kalil being a sexy pick or not...

America
04-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Kalil is one of my favorite players. He's for sure a solid player. He's smart, tries hard, and is a good leader on the line. I love building a team through lineman.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree 100% but refer to my post about Ryan Kalil being a sexy pick or not...

How about you refer to the 5th post in this thread which was probably the basis of your "sexy pick" post, so I will unfortunately not be giving you the credit for my thoughts and posts.

go_ravens94
04-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Kalil is one of my favorite players. He's for sure a solid player. He's smart, tries hard, and is a good leader on the line. I love building a team through lineman.

Kalil is a great pick.

BigDawg819
04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
I agree 100% but refer to me post about Ryan Kalil being a sexy pick or not...

You have to audacity to try and rep me for not quoting you on a post on a subject that I mentioned first in this thread? Dude in a rep war between me and you I would crush you so I'd think twice about it.

ChewyRaven318
04-19-2007, 04:20 PM
So let me get this straight..

People are complaining because Kalil isn't a "Playmaker"? That's gotta be the dumbest argument I've heard for a reason we should trade down. I'm sorry, but I hafta agree with BigDawg, et. al. here. We've been gunning for an O Lineman who will give us great value and a powerful line for any potential future backfield players. We already have a great crop of people who make plays, and the O Line has been a place of concern with Pashos and potentially Ogden gone. Soo because it's not a WR or a so-called "sexy pick" we should trade down?

I'm sorry but that just doesn't make any sense to me..

In any case, I think Scott redeemed himself as the picks for us in this mock are excellent, but don't be surprised if they change in a week from now. The depth in the draft at O-line means a lot of players could be moving up and down. Kalil is definitely looking like he could move up some more.