PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos?

SuperKevin
04-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Anyone here have any tattoos? I have 7 and currently have appointments for 2 more. They are highly addictive. I'll post some pictures if people really want to see them

snuff
04-19-2007, 02:12 AM
nope.
They are never creative and always stupid.

terman
04-19-2007, 02:21 AM
I have one myself, but I definitely want some more. I just enjoy the idea of having a symbol of something important to me stuck on to me for the rest of my life. To have that kind of commitment towards something is remarkable really.

Moses
04-19-2007, 02:22 AM
I don't have any and I doubt I ever will. I've thought about getting them but there is no real point.

DChess
04-19-2007, 02:26 AM
debating it but as snuff said, i dont want something everybody else has. "hey man can i get some tribal tattoos on my back", or "a cross on my shoulder blade." ill bet they've never had that request

snuff
04-19-2007, 02:38 AM
I have one myself, but I definitely want some more. I just enjoy the idea of having a symbol of something important to me stuck on to me for the rest of my life. To have that kind of commitment towards something is remarkable really.So what is so important that you got it tattooed on you?

terman
04-19-2007, 03:15 AM
"So what is so important that you got it tattooed on you?"

Symbols of family and togetherness

Caddy
04-19-2007, 05:27 AM
I prefer to stay AIDS free

Moses
04-19-2007, 05:30 AM

Huh? It's called clean needles.

rchrd
04-19-2007, 06:12 AM
Whilst avoiding the show of ignorance i'll mention i have 3 and definitely want more.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-19-2007, 06:23 AM
i have two and there are definitely more on the way...

Space Ghost
04-19-2007, 06:27 AM
I've got one on my left shoulder that says snack attack, its ******' sick.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Huh? It's called clean needles.

It's called, non cleaned needle.

EDIT - Plus I was kind of joking. I am aware they are generally cleaned, but just on the safe side I'd rather steer away from them.

bigrick0016
04-19-2007, 07:00 AM
It's called, non cleaned needle.

EDIT - Plus I was kind of joking. I am aware they are generally cleaned, but just on the safe side I'd rather steer away from them.

You have as high of chance getting a disease from a hospital than a good tattoo shop.

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 07:22 AM

The joke you were attempting to make was "I prefer to stay Hepatitis free". Your obvious ignorance to the thread subject has been made blatantly aware to all viewer and you should feel shame and agony as we are all making fun of you as we sit here. Please sob quietly in the corner until you come up with a more appropriate joke to mock the thread.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 07:55 AM
For those who haven't heard, I'm currently taking wagers at 7 to 1 odds saying Jets Future has a tatt of his 'hood' emblazoned across his chest. 3 to 1 saying he's got 'G-Unit' on his lower back.

RyanLeaf#1
04-19-2007, 07:58 AM
I have one, and definitely want another.

Moses
04-19-2007, 08:03 AM
For those who haven't heard, I'm currently taking wagers at 7 to 1 odds saying Jets Future has a tatt of his 'hood' emblazoned across his chest. 3 to 1 saying he's got 'G-Unit' on his lower back.

Does anybody have a picture of him? Everything he says makes me laugh. With a picture, that effect would be doubled.

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 08:06 AM
I have 2 tats and plans for at least 2 more.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Does anybody have a picture of him? Everything he says makes me laugh. With a picture, that effect would be doubled.
I told myself yesterday as I was reading one of his posts that whenever I need a quick laugh, I should just search his posts. Gets me every time. No matter the subject. Perhaps we could come up with some sort of incentive to get him to post it. Like maybe a blinged-out chocolate medallion that says 'el guap.' Or maybe someone could make him a custom sig that says 'i m jus nasty.'

Caddy
04-19-2007, 08:59 AM
The joke you were attempting to make was "I prefer to stay Hepatitis free". Your obvious ignorance to the thread subject has been made blatantly aware to all viewer and you should feel shame and agony as we are all making fun of you as we sit here. Please sob quietly in the corner until you come up with a more appropriate joke to mock the thread.

You can get HIV which leads to AIDS which you get from contaminated hypodermic needles, so it is possible to get AIDS from a tattoo. You are the one who now looks stupid.

YAYareaRB
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Jetsfuture's tattoo:

http://galleries.lycos.co.uk/d/13283-2/50cent.jpg

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
You can get HIV which leads to AIDS which you get from contaminated hypodermic needles, so it is possible to get AIDS from a tattoo. You are the one who now looks stupid.

The chances of contracting HIV from a tattoo needle are slim to none.

therock6000
04-19-2007, 09:01 AM
i got a stupid tribal band around my arm when it was cool to get a stupid tribal band around your arm. I'm thinking about extending it around my entire upper torso so from a distance it will look like i've got a belt around my chest...

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:03 AM
i got a stupid tribal band around my arm when it was cool to get a stupid tribal band around your arm. I'm thinking about extending it around my entire upper torso so from a distance it will look like i've got a belt around my chest...

That's problem with tattoos. They're permanent, but style and taste aren't. Hence why if I were to get a tattoo, I would only get something that has an emotional signifance to me.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Don't do it man. That's like realizing that the girl you brought home last night was actually kinda nasty, and then deciding to marry her so that it seems like that first night was something special.

Acreboy
04-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Tatoo's were always ridiculous to me. I mean there something wrong if I have to get something tatoo'd on me about my famliy to remind me or them how much I care about them.

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 09:09 AM

Not only is there a slim chance as Moses stated, tattoo artists use fresh and unopened needles on every tattoo so once again you are the who is foolish. I suggest some self education on the subject of tattoos for you before you attempt a post in here again.

P-L
04-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Never had one, most likely will never get one. I just never saw a good enough reason to get a picture/word/saying permanently placed on my body.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 09:12 AM
The chances of contracting HIV from a tattoo needle are slim to none.

Obviously, but if you have the choice to reduce that risk even further you do it. Everyone makes that choice, most of the time it works out for the best, but every now and then something bad happens which could have been prevented.

It is obviously up to whoever is getting the tattoo done to do it at a suitable tattoo parlour. But why am I telling everyone something they already know. People on here are generally smart *cough*Jets Future*cough* and know what they are doing.

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:13 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/djrecon83/coolice1.jpg

http://www.scottkellam.com/images/tat3.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6497/000000000vg1.jpg

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Obviously, but if you have the choice to reduce that risk even further you do it. Everyone makes that choice, most of the time it works out for the best, but every now and then something bad happens which could have been prevented.

It is obviously up to whoever is getting the tattoo done to do it at a suitable tattoo parlour. But why am I telling everyone something they already know. People on here are generally smart *cough*Jets Future*cough* and know what they are doing.

Right, because the chances of contracting HIV from an unopened needle is so high. You might as well never have a shot again because there might be HIV on the needle.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Not only is there a slim chance as Moses stated, tattoo artists use fresh and unopened needles on every tattoo so once again you are the who is foolish. I suggest some self education on the subject of tattoos for you before you attempt a post in here again.

What is with you and trying to make me look stupid. The fact is there is a possibility. It has happened in the past, it will probably happen again in the future and there is no way around that. You aren't always going to get honest people doing tattoos so you never know what could happen. Are they using new needles? or are the being immoral and reusing old ones.

The point is, there is a risk, a risk which you obviously believe is not there and you are entitled to that belief. But I am also entitled to mine.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Not only is there a slim chance as Moses stated, tattoo artists use fresh and unopened needles on every tattoo
Unless of course, you got tatted in prison.
I know. I'm just sayin.

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
What is with you and trying to make me look stupid. The fact is there is a possibility. It has happened in the past, it will probably happen again in the future and there is no way around that. You aren't always going to get honest people doing tattoos so you never know what could happen. Are they using new needles? or are the being immoral and reusing old ones.

The point is, there is a risk, a risk which you obviously believe is not there and you are entitled to that belief. But I am also entitled to mine.

I have not called you stupid, merely foolish and ignorant to the subject matter. With your logic of not getting a tattoo due to the risk of HIV then you would also have to include piercings and more importantly vaccine shots, as stated again by Moses. Your logic is flawed and I'm trying to promote education on the subject matter so as to allow you to become a better and more knowledgeable poster. All you sound like now is an ignorant troll lamenting stereotypes on tattoos that were realistic threats decades ago, as opposed to the 21st century where getting a tattoo at a parlor or such is a safe practice.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 09:28 AM
I have not called you stupid, merely foolish and ignorant to the subject matter. With your logic of not getting a tattoo due to the risk of HIV then you would also have to include piercings and more importantly vaccine shots, as stated again by Moses. Your logic is flawed and I'm trying to promote education on the subject matter so as to allow you to become a better and more knowledgeable poster. All you sound like now is an ignorant troll lamenting stereotypes on tattoos that were realistic threats decades ago, as opposed to the 21st century where getting a tattoo at a parlor or such is a safe practice.

There is always a risk and that fact cannot be argued. 1/10 or 1/100000000000, still a risk either way you look at it and that is the only point I'm trying to make.

But I did lol at the "allow you to become a better and more knowledgeable poster" part, that is funny. I'd love to stay and chat about the virtues of tattoos but I'm tired and am going to sleep.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 09:31 AM
There is always a risk and that fact cannot be argued. 1/10 or 1/100000000000, still a risk either way you look at it and that is the only point I'm trying to make.
Better curl up in a cave then. There's really no food you should be eating. No street for you to walk on. No people for you to interact with. etc. There's really nothing for you to do. It's all too risky.

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Better curl up in a cave then. There's really no food you should be eating. No street for you to walk on. No people for you to interact with. etc. There's really nothing for you to do. It's all too risky.

http://www.hwpl.org/bingo.gif

Caddy
04-19-2007, 09:34 AM

Because I'm going to catch a disease transmitted via bodily fluids from walking down the street aren't I.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Because I'm going to catch a disease transmitted via bodily fluids from walking down the street aren't I.
Probably not. But there's always that chance. Better safe than sorry. Right?

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:35 AM

No, you're going to get hit by a car and die immediately.

Do you really not have the basic logic skills to arrive at that conclusion yourself?

Caddy
04-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Probably not. But there's always that chance. Better safe than sorry. Right?

Realistically this has become a mute discussion, I am specifically talking about the contraction of disease from needles, no more no less.

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Realistically this has become a mute discussion, I am specifically talking about the contraction of disease from needles, no more no less.

Hence why your argument is null. You can't isolate something like that and just ignore the bigger picture.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Hence why your argument is null. You can't isolate something like that and just ignore the bigger picture.

I can and I did, the subject is tattoos which is exactly what I am talking about.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Right. The risk is very minimal. My point is that you do multiple things on a daily basis that are far more risky and dangerous.

Vikes99ej
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I have a tattoo on my forehead that says "this is the greatest mind ever".

Caddy
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Right. The risk is very minimal. My point is that you do multiple things on a daily basis that are far more risky and dangerous.

Obviously agreeable, just explain to me the purpose of increasing that risk?

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:40 AM
I can and I did, the subject is tattoos which is exactly what I am talking about.

You obviously lack the ability to comprehend this but I'll try anyway:

There is a very small chance you could contract HIV and die from a tattoo needle.

There is a very small chance you could contract HIV and die from a needle from a doctor.

There is a very small chance you could be walking along the street and get hit by a car and die.

There is a very small chance you could eat an apple, choke, and die.

Why should you not get a tattoo based on the "risk" but engage in these other activities despite the risk level being equal or greater?

Caddy
04-19-2007, 09:42 AM
You obviously lack the ability to comprehend this but I'll try anyway:

There is a very small chance you could contract HIV and die from a tattoo needle.

There is a very small chance you could contract HIV and die from a needle from a doctor.

There is a very small chance you could be walking along the street and get hit by a car and die.

There is a very small chance you could eat an apple, choke, and die.

Why should you not get a tattoo based on the "risk" but engage in these other activities despite the risk level being equal or greater?

I'll try to keep that in mind while I am walking down a main road trying to eat an apple whole.

Moses
04-19-2007, 09:42 AM
I'll try to keep that in mind while I am walking down a main road trying to eat an apple whole.

Thanks for coming out.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Obviously agreeable, just explain to me the purpose of increasing that risk?
Exactly. Which is why my initial reaction was to suggest that you go curl up in a cave. Keep all that scary risk to an absolute minimum.

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 09:57 AM

But I did lol at the "allow you to become a better and more knowledgeable poster" part, that is funny. I'd love to stay and chat about the virtues of tattoos but I'm tired and am going to sleep.

See I'm here for your benefit. :D

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 10:00 AM
After reading this thread I have come to the following conclusion:

Myself, duckseason, & Moses 1

24cadillac24 0

ccB
04-19-2007, 10:08 AM
I have 2, I have contemplated getting more.

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 10:11 AM
I have 2, I have contemplated getting more.

Its a Baltimore thing.......... :D

ccB
04-19-2007, 10:13 AM

I heard there are these things called automobile accidents. I dont have to worry about them though because I avoid driving altogether because when you can reduce risk you do it.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 10:13 AM
After reading this thread I have come to the following conclusion:

Myself, duckseason, & Moses 1

24cadillac24 0

If the competition was to see who could make more posts in the thread then yes your trio did win :D

Caddy
04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
To conclude; I apologise for not wanting AIDS.

Moses
04-19-2007, 10:17 AM

Ignorance is bliss.

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 10:19 AM
To conclude; I apologize for not wanting AIDS.

And once again the ignorance bell has been rung. By that last admission you are also declaring your enrollment in the abstinence club because having even protected sex runs the chance of getting AIDS so obviously you don't engage in sexual activities as well as not getting tattoos.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 10:20 AM

So how does it feel to know that you'll be a virgin for the remainder of your life?

ccB
04-19-2007, 10:21 AM
I avoid contact with people because I hear they carry aids. I just dont want to risk it.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Sex - Worth it
Tattoos - Not

duckseason
04-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I avoid contact with people because I hear they carry aids. I just dont want to risk it.
I'm currently viewing this page from inside an incubator.

ccB
04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Sex - Worth it
Tattoos - Not

Why is that? It runs the same risk and a tattoo lasts a hell of a lot longer.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 10:26 AM

Sex > Tattoos

BigDawg819
Sex - Worth it
Tattoos - Not

No, no your whole argument is based on the premise of a chance of acquiring AIDS. You sir have to be abstinent to prove your point. Unless of course you are a hypocrite and concede to being ignorant on the subject matter and naturally conceding defeat.

tEk
I'm currently viewing this page from inside an incubator.
sounds warm

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 10:27 AM

My joker clown tattoo makes me smile everyday, whereas I've numerous encounters of sex that I gladly don't ever remember.

Caddy
No, no your whole argument is based on the premise of a chance of acquiring AIDS. You sir have to be abstinent to prove your point. Unless of course you are a hypocrite and concede to being ignorant on the subject matter and naturally conceding defeat.

From needles, not sex.

tEk
No, no your whole argument is based on the premise of a chance of acquiring AIDS. You sir have to be abstinent to prove your point. Unless of course you are a hypocrite and concede to being ignorant on the subject matter and naturally conceding defeat.don't you know everyone is a hypocrite.

duckseason
04-19-2007, 10:28 AM
sounds warm

Yeah, but I usually keep the heat down a bit. I hear too much warmth can promote bacteria growth. It's a tough balance, but all for the good. It's worth it in the end to know that I'll always be safe from disease.

tEk
04-19-2007, 10:29 AM
From needles, not sex.
if you swab a needle with alcohol or use a sterile needle its perfectly safe. aids cannot survive. aids can go through condoms. so unless you have a chick tested you have no way of knowing if she is infected. end of story.

ccB

DING DING DING. We have a winner.

tEk
Yeah, but I usually keep the heat down a bit. I hear too much warmth can promote bacteria growth. It's a tough balance, but all for the good. It's worth it in the end to know that I'll always be safe from disease.better make sure you aren't using a uv light. could get cancer.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 10:30 AM

We can't all practice what we preach

terribletowel39
04-19-2007, 10:31 AM
one of my buddies has a tatoo on his right ass cheek that says, "I lost the bet."

BigDawg819
From needles, not sex.

Yet there's a greater risk of acquiring AIDS from sex then from getting a tattoo? Might I once again suggest to you to concede defeat before suffering from more of an onslaught of rebuttals that will continue to defeat and ridicule your thought process all the while belittling your self esteem and throw you into a self-induced depression that will ultimately reducing you to a blithering sobbing mess?

duckseason
better make sure you aren't using a uv light. could get cancer.

Good lookin out. I would never use uv light, but just to be sure, I apply a generous coat of spf 120 every few hours.

ccB
04-19-2007, 10:32 AM
From needles, not sex.

From a needle that you watch come out of the hermetically sealed package. Where as when your having sex you have no idea who has been there before you have. So a chick can look like Jessica Alba and can be in for the same fate as Freddie Mercury.

Caddy
04-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Yet there's a greater risk of acquiring AIDS from sex then from getting a tattoo? Might I once again suggest to you to concede defeat before suffering from more of an onslaught of rebuttals that will continue to defeat and ridicule your thought process all the while belittling your self esteem and throw you into a self-induced depression that will ultimately reducing you to a blithering sobbing mess?

You're right, you guys are really cutting me deep.

BigDawg819
04-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Of course its a winner, I'm from Baltimore. :D

Addict
04-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I have none, the fact they'll still be around when I hit 40 bothers me, beziders... I'm so damn skinny those tattoo needles will probably impale me.

The_Dude
04-19-2007, 12:09 PM
From a needle that you watch come out of the hermetically sealed package. Where as when your having sex you have no idea who has been there before you have. So a chick can look like Jessica Alba and can be in for the same fate as Freddie Mercury.

The Alba-Mercury connection is fantastic!!!! HA!

I have several tattoos and plan on eventually getting more... after i take care of some debt.

Most of my tattoos have no personal significance other than i think they look cool. You just have to be comfortable with something that you will see everyday for the rest of you life.

I think that a "good" tattoo parlor will be one of the cleanest places you will ever go to....

SuperKevin
04-19-2007, 01:51 PM
My most meaningful tattoo is my dog tags tattooed around my neck so no matter what happens I can always be buried with my dog tags

thule
04-19-2007, 02:23 PM
I want to get only a couple. I have them picked out...just not sure on the location yet.

http://gra.midco.net/airplaneparts/tattoo4.jpg
http://gra.midco.net/airplaneparts/holy_spirit_9.jpg

Ravens1991
04-19-2007, 02:34 PM
If I ever join the military I would probably get something tattoed about that. I guess it really depends on what is important in your life. I always wanted to get a tatto on my upper side of my arm.

Space Ghost
04-19-2007, 03:45 PM
The Snack Attack tattoo washed off this morning :(

Everyone on my rugby team who went to Wales has a tattoo of BRFC and a Centaur below it on their left pec. Our team logo.

terribletowel39
04-19-2007, 03:48 PM
thule: those are some cool looking tats. i am lazy, so therefore don't want to look it up, and a little hazy on what john 15:13 is. is that something about no friend like him??

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to get the winning numbers tattooed on my arm. It would probably be the best conversation material ever exposed to man, especially with the females..

Girl: "So, what do those numbers on your arm mean?"
Me: "Oh, what this? Oh, thats just, well nothing really, just the numbers than won me $150 million..."

snuff
04-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Why don't you guys just cut your wrist when your want to remember something? Thats what I do.

Like when I have a hard day at school I just cut my wrist and write the date to remember the trauma I went through and remind myself.

After that I usually just want to (Shout) Throw my hand up
(Shout) Kick my heels back (Shout) Throw my head back
(Shout) Come on now (Shout)

thule
04-19-2007, 04:40 PM
thule: those are some cool looking tats. i am lazy, so therefore don't want to look it up, and a little hazy on what john 15:13 is. is that something about no friend like him??

ya thats the basis I think. I really didn't like that passage...I would go with something like Corithians 10:13 having to do with temptation.

Notredameleo
04-19-2007, 05:10 PM
I have the Lions Logo tattoed on my left arm, you can laugh if you want, but please dont. lol

terribletowel39
04-19-2007, 05:11 PM
ya thats the basis I think. I really didn't like that passage...I would go with something like Corithians 10:13 having to do with temptation.
i know it gets over used but to represent the tatoo wouldn't john 3:16 be a perfect fit?? that to me tells you what the tatoo is all about, but it is YOUR tatoo, i am just throwing around thoughts.

MP123
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm not gonna get tattoos.

diabsoule
04-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I have two. I plan on getting two to three more.

I have a Maltese Cross, the Welsh Dragon (Cymru). I plan on getting the English Rampart Lion, an Irish Harp, and a Fleur-De-Lis.

thule
04-19-2007, 05:14 PM
i know it gets over used but to represent the tatoo wouldn't john 3:16 be a perfect fit?? that to me tells you what the tatoo is all about, but it is YOUR tatoo, i am just throwing around thoughts.

That is really the treadmark staple but I kinda wanted to go for something that struck as a reminder everytime I look at it. 3:16 is something that I think about all the time.

terribletowel39
04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
That is really the treadmark staple but I kinda wanted to go for something that struck as a reminder everytime I look at it. 3:16 is something that I think about all the time.
gotcha. makes sense. something that you might forget from time to time and need just a little reminder. well a life long reminder.

terribletowel39
04-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I have two. I plan on getting two to three more.

I have a Maltese Cross, the Welsh Dragon (Cymru). I plan on getting the English Rampart Lion, an Irish Harp, and a Fleur-De-Lis.
come on diabsoule, we know you mean the saint's symbol when you say fleur-de-lis.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2007, 06:10 PM
In the words of Deion Sanders at the NFL Scouting Combine, "That picture of an eagle on your arm is gonna look like a pigeon when you're 60."

Big Mike
04-19-2007, 06:13 PM
i would only get one if i was DIEZED!!!!!!!!!(Strong)

Boston
04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Why don't you guys just cut your wrist when your want to remember something? Thats what I do.

Like when I have a hard day at school I just cut my wrist and write the date to remember the trauma I went through and remind myself.

After that I usually just want to (Shout) Throw my hand up
(Shout) Kick my heels back (Shout) Throw my head back
(Shout) Come on now (Shout)

Hmm... And how does that make you feel.

snuff
04-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Hmm... And how does that make you feel.I feel good. Helps me remember my times just like these tattoos.

ironman4579
04-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I have 2, both representing my time in the military. I have some idea's for 2 more, but at this point, spending money on a tat seems like a waste, and I really don't have the money to waste right now.