PDA

View Full Version : My question to Kiper.

reigle9
04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Nate (State College): Mel, have you heard any talks of Dallas trading their first round pick?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: (11:07 AM ET ) No, I have not. When you look at what Dallas needs - they need WR, CB, LT - Adams is average at best and he's in the last year of his contract. They drafted Bobby Carpenter in the first round last year, but they still feel like they need another OLB. They need depth at NT. Their two DEs need to play better. The defense overall last year was very disappointing and very overrated. Terry Glenn and Owens are both in their 30s, so there's some age at WR. Dwayne Jarrett or Robert Meachem they could be looking at in the first round.

robert_in_bigd
04-19-2007, 10:35 AM
That is a pretty good assessment by ol' Mel.

WR, CB, LT, OLB and NT. Sounds about right.

thule
04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
He was right on about a lot of things...but what he failed to mention is that trading down would give Dallas more opportunity to address those needs. He also fails to mention that this is one of the deepest drafts in awhile in the WR and CB department. He hit our needs right on...but he made it seem like we are going to draft a WR didn't really hit on any other possibilities.

M.O.T.H.
04-19-2007, 02:07 PM
I tend to think we will be looking at G more so than T. Leonard Davis could always make that move to LT next year... he's already getting payed like one. Also, JJ seems to love Mcquistan just as much as Parcells did.

thule
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I tend to think we will be looking at G more so than T. Leonard Davis could always make that move to LT next year... he's already getting payed like one. Also, JJ seems to love Mcquistan just as much as Parcells did.

Ya McQ is really a outcast at this point. I'm not sure what to buy.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Yet another example of why the PB is a joke. Flozell Adams made the PB, yet he's average at best.

I don't get it. I really don't. Then guys like Newman get the snub.

thule
04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Yet another example of why the PB is a joke. Flozell Adams made the PB, yet he's average at best.

I don't get it. I really don't. Then guys like Newman get the snub.

It can stay a popularity contest for all I care. The less recognition the player has the less it lets the get it in their head.