PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Reese Press Conference Re:Draft

Number 10
04-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Said some interesting things, and is indeed interested in Ted Ginn.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I LOVE what he said about FA. This guy gets it. I really like this guy. Hopefully he can finish the offseason with a great draft. I like his approach so far.

What scared me though....is it sounds like he might take a LT in round 1. That could scare me...I don't want Staley, and Im iffy on Brown.

hugegmenfan
04-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I LOVE what he said about FA. This guy gets it. I really like this guy. Hopefully he can finish the offseason with a great draft. I like his approach so far.

What scared me though....is it sounds like he might take a LT in round 1. That could scare me...I don't want Staley, and Im iffy on Brown.

the thing is- if we have a chance to take a franchise LT in brown @ 20, even tho i think its highly doubtful hell b there, we gotta take him. He can start immediately and we need bigger bodies on the oline. Also i think what he said about character would hint that we would not take a guy like eric wright, merriweather, etc which is fine by me.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 05:20 PM
the thing is- if we have a chance to take a franchise LT in brown @ 20, even tho i think its highly doubtful hell b there, we gotta take him. He can start immediately and we need bigger bodies on the oline. Also i think what he said about character would hint that we would not take a guy like eric wright, merriweather, etc which is fine by me.

Oh, I knew we wouldn't take low character guys before he even got the job. We rarely involve our organization with those kind of guys. I think they had enough of it with LT in the 80s. Since then, we've been pretty good as a franchise in terms of having little to no off field issues.

Brown is a coin flip to me. He can be Marcus McNeil, or he could be Flozell Adams. I would be a little nervous with him. Im still unsure to this day how I feel about him.

Number 10
04-19-2007, 05:26 PM
I highly, highly, highly doubt Reese takes Staley at 20. He said that there are 15-20 players that he likes and that he feels have equal value, I don't see how Staley could compare to some of the obvious guys.

scottyboy
04-19-2007, 05:49 PM
i'm confident with reese. have a good feeling about him. He knows our D needs help, he got RD to pair with jacobs for a smash mouth O, he'll most likely do the same with D

hosler427
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I wouldn't mind Brown so much if he was there (which I doubt also) but I have reservations about Staley. I hope Reese beefs up the D though.

Number 10
04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Spags gave Reese a list of players that he thinks will fit his new defense well, thought that was interesting. And Reese said he takes those things into consideration when making his board.

Damix
04-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Gotta love it, he said nothing in a lot of words

Go_Eli
04-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Gotta love it, he said nothing in a lot of words

Learned well from Tom Coughlin.

GiantRutgersFan
04-19-2007, 10:06 PM
"we will get a good player in the first round"

lol. he said nothing at all. I would have like to have heard the reasoning behind cutting Pettigout

Jughead10
04-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Said some interesting things, and is indeed interested in Ted Ginn.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/

Where does it say anything about Ted Ginn. All we know is they are just as interested in him as the 30 others guys they brought in.

eacantdraft
04-20-2007, 07:53 AM
This guy is a breath of fresh air compared to that idiout Ernie Accorsi.

Number 10
04-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Where does it say anything about Ted Ginn. All we know is they are just as interested in him as the 30 others guys they brought in.

Which is what I said....a lot of people here tell me that he would not be interested in Ginn at all.

Jughead10
04-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Which is what I said....a lot of people here tell me that he would not be interested in Ginn at all.

Who knows. They often bring in guys they don't really want. All smoke screens and not tipping your hand at this point. I think it is more interesting that we didn't bring in Poz than anything else.

Number 10
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Who knows. They often bring in guys they don't really want. All smoke screens and not tipping your hand at this point. I think it is more interesting that we didn't bring in Poz than anything else.

Well I'm not saying I completely believe Reese, but he did say that there is genuine interest in everyone they brought in and that he does not believe in the smokescreen talk. He is a no nonsense kind of guy and he loves speed, so I wouldn't put it past him to draft Ginn, or at least have high interest in him.

ricky bobby
04-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Well I'm not saying I completely believe Reese, but he did say that there is genuine interest in everyone they brought in and that he does not believe in the smokescreen talk. He is a no nonsense kind of guy and he loves speed, so I wouldn't put it past him to draft Ginn, or at least have high interest in him.
I think he is hoping that Ginn falls to us at 20, and then uses his "interest" as leverage to trade out of the pick with a team that genuinly does want and need him.

bigbluedefense
04-20-2007, 11:10 AM
The bottomline is: We still have no clue whats gonna happen.

I could probably make a case for 15 different guys with our 1st round pick. This draft is gonna be very interesting, in how Reese approaches it.