PDA

View Full Version : The Dave Brown Thread

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 05:14 PM
This thread is dedicated to all of our frustrations that we will endure as Giants fans this upcoming draft, TC, all the way through the season. This is the one thread where you can ramble off topic about things that piss you off about the Giants and get a pass for it, as long as its clean.

I decided to name it the Dave Brown thread, since he is the very definition of Giant frustration.

So...sound off if you want. But remember to keep it CLEAN.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 05:22 PM
I'll start off by saying I want to see Eli grow a pair.

And talk on the sideline dammit. Why is the whole team talking to each other, then Eli is in his own little world far away from everyone just staring into the sky like he has autism or something.

Number 10
04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Need to stop drafting guys that are out of the NFL within the first 4 years of their career.

bigbluedefense
04-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Need to stop drafting guys that are out of the NFL within the first 4 years of their career.

in particular, we need to do a better job drafting on day 1. And NO MORE damaged goods players. Im tired of it.

scottyboy
04-19-2007, 05:48 PM
get an attitude on D. the only time i saw someone gets in anyone else's face(in a good way) was when osi pumped up the secondary vs Carolina. Come on D, show some energy, lay some lumber and make key stops

hosler427
04-19-2007, 06:03 PM
get an attitude on D. the only time i saw someone gets in anyone else's face(in a good way) was when osi pumped up the secondary vs Carolina. Come on D, show some energy, lay some lumber and make key stops

I agree. We need a Shockey type on D to get the guys to the next level.

GiantRutgersFan
04-19-2007, 10:00 PM
RW McQaurter wearing a band aid on his face for no reason....

Number 10
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
RW McQaurter wearing a band aid on his face for no reason....

I forget where, but I read that there is some serious significance behind it that would make you feel like crap for saying that.

Jughead10
04-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Can we please rename this thread. I don't like to ever see that name. Perhaps the Ray Handley Thread. Although that one is pretty bad as well too.

GiantRutgersFan
04-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I forget where, but I read that there is some serious significance behind it that would make you feel like crap for saying that.

Because Nelly is wearing a band aid? its very juvenile, regardless of the reason.

moc182
04-20-2007, 01:15 AM
Danny Kanell > Dave Brown, I'm drunk as hell so I'll reconsider tomorrow.

eacantdraft
04-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey guys, we no longer have EA around to bungle the draft. Let's give the new guys a chance.

Forenci
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
What pisses me of is when Shockey is always "pumping up the team" and bringing us energy on the offense, but when he can help the team by working with Eli during the off-season it's a completely different story.

Some may hate me for saying this, but when his contract is up I think we should let him go. He's going to want big money and always ends up deserting the team when Eli really needs him. I'm tired of seeing him after a overthrown ball from Eli just throwing his hands up like, "What the hell was that?"

I mainly emphasize on Shockey because the fact that he's so energetic and on the side line and seems to have a "Go team!" energy about him, where at least Buress isn't jumping all around the side line. Of course, he needs work with Eli too.

Anyone know if they have worked with Eli thus far?

bigbluedefense
04-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh, and we need new away jerseys. Our away jersey is fugly. I hate it.

Jughead10
04-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh, and we need new away jerseys. Our away jersey is fugly. I hate it.

Oh I like them. I own one as well. I could do without the red jerseys though.

Number 10
04-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Because Nelly is wearing a band aid? its very juvenile, regardless of the reason.

Nothing to do with Nelly, more like he does it for some charity or some group of sick kids or something.

Damix
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
I think its something to do with his daughter

Forenci
04-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Oh I like them. I own one as well. I could do without the red jerseys though.

It's funny because I try to at the very least go to one Giants game a year and the past two years I've been to the game where they've worn those blasted alternate jerseys.

I think it'd be pretty sweet if they wore some throwback style jerseys..

bigbluedefense
04-20-2007, 09:09 PM
It's funny because I try to at the very least go to one Giants game a year and the past two years I've been to the game where they've worn those blasted alternate jerseys.

I think it'd be pretty sweet if they wore some throwback style jerseys..

I want us to wear white pants with our jerseys. It will look so much nicer.

Curse of Tiki
05-01-2007, 06:02 PM
lol

i haven't posted here in a month.

i nearly had a heart attack looking at the thread title.

HerthaFootballFan
07-28-2007, 10:44 PM
giants should wear their blue and white jersey's all the time unless they're away and the home team wears blue.

Gilbride as Offensive Co-ordinator is also a terrible choice, he's responsible for Ryan Leaf, must I say something else?

neko4
07-28-2007, 10:50 PM
giants should wear their blue and white jersey's all the time unless they're away and the home team wears blue.

Gilbride as Offensive Co-ordinator is also a terrible choice, he's responsible for Ryan Leaf, must I say something else?

No Ryan Leaf is responsible for Ryan Leaf

HerthaFootballFan
07-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Giants picking guys like Ross at CB, that being guys who aren't great natural cover guys but the team falls in love with their potential to develop cover skills and so takes them. What Ross gives them that Houston didn't is beyond me, Houston didn't have as many INTs but was much better at covering people, is faster, stronger and quicker.

scottyboy
07-29-2007, 03:41 PM
having 2 guys out for season before camp even started in Jason Bell and Jim Finn. Also of course a disgrunteld strahan will make this week pretty high anxiety to me to see if he stays or goes...

bigbluedefense
07-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Giants picking guys like Ross at CB, that being guys who aren't great natural cover guys but the team falls in love with their potential to develop cover skills and so takes them. What Ross gives them that Houston didn't is beyond me, Houston didn't have as many INTs but was much better at covering people, is faster, stronger and quicker.

I don't necessarily disagree with this. Chris Houston was my 2nd favorite CB in this draft behind Darrel Revis.

But I do think that Ross has potential to be very good. We'll just have to wait and see. Him and Houston are the only CBs in this draft that I feel have shutdown potential. I just happened to like Houston more because he was faster and can probably defend the deepball better because of it.

HerthaFootballFan
07-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with this. Chris Houston was my 2nd favorite CB in this draft behind Darrel Revis.

But I do think that Ross has potential to be very good. We'll just have to wait and see. Him and Houston are the only CBs in this draft that I feel have shutdown potential. I just happened to like Houston more because he was faster and can probably defend the deepball better because of it.

Both have potential but they're potential's where different. Houston showed to naturally have a great feel for how to stick with a guy and just needs to have experience while Ross still needs to get a good feel for how to stick with receivers. So both could be shut down, but Ross will need to be taught to be a shut down guy and Houston already knows, he just needs to work on it, plus he's younger. IMO Atlanta got the steal of the draft getting Houston in round two, and not Arizona getting Branch, who i also loved.