PDA

View Full Version : 4/19 mock draft ch ch check it out

ripdw27
04-19-2007, 09:40 PM
One of my last 2007 mock drafts :'( were getting close to the end (even though i love watching the draft hehe) sorry about the spacing my computer is all messed up so yea my next and final mock will be better and 7 rounds with trades so yea i want to apologize for some of the strange picks, i left a comment nelow explaining it

1. Oakland Raiders: Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
the Raiders can really use his athleticism and still get a franchise qb in the later rounds unless they stick with walter. Jamarcus Russell and AD are slight possibilities here to but i had to go with the highlight reel. Calvin Johnson is a very rare prospect and you could say Russell is to, but with Randy Moss doubtfully playing for the Rrrrraiders next year, CJ could be a need as well.
2. Arizona Cardinals: Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
(Arizona offers 5th, 38th, and 105 picks for #2 and 140) The Cardinals really need some O-line help and its bad enough to where they cant take a chance on hoping Thomas falls to them. No question they pick Thomas here.
3. Cleveland Browns: JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
You just cant ignore the fact that Savage has known Russell for as long as he has so Jamarcus Russell deff gets the call. I also like AD here to provide some insurance in the backfield.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gaines Adams DE Clemson
No CJ on the board but the sting can be taken out somewhat with Gaines Adams here. My top defensive lineman and possibly the top defender, he can make a huge impact now, and even more when Simeon Rice is gone.
5. Detroit Lions (f/Ari): Alan Branch DT Michigan
The Lions dont get who they initially wanted either but thats ok. Alan Branch can be seen anywhere in the first round IMO but I believe he is still a top 10 boulder of a lineman.
6. Washington Redskins: Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
skins have a hole in there defense that any RB can jog through backwards. Even Tiki Barber (who is retired now) rushed for well over 200 yards against this defense. It all starts up front and it all starts with Okoye.
7. Minnesota Vikings: LaRon Landry S LSU
Quinn and AD could be likely picks here, but Tarvaris Jackson hasnt had time to prove himself or blossom into a starter, and Chester Taylor was a solid 1200 yd rusher so it makes sense to go with Landry. Landry and Sharper in the backfield for a few years would be a solid safety tandem
8. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU): Adam Carriker DE Nebraska I know its a questionable pick that ill probably be taking some heat for, but the Falcons let go of Kerney, Abraham is injury prone, and Landry is off the board. So in my eyes Adam Carriker would be logical to come up to the podium for this pick.
9. Miami Dolphins: Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame The quarterback with the best tangibles in the draft would certainly upgrade the Dolphins sitiation at QB. Even if they do acquire Trent Green, they still need a future Qb and it wont hurt Quinn to sit and learn for a year or two.
10. Houston Texans (f/ATL): Levi Brown OT Penn State We all know the Texans have a weak o-line and some other needs but Brown still gets my vote. A solid Tackle to keep Schaub on his feet and keep the running game going.
11. San Francisco 49'ers: Patrick Willis ILB Ole Miss Was one of the most fierce, toughest, strongest players this last year even with a cast on his arm. Obviously he has dedication to the game, and with the recent upgrades to this defensive unit, look for the Niners to be one of the best youngest teams in the league.
12. Buffalo Bills: Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma With McGahee gone there is a glaring need for RB in Buffalo.Doesnt sound very convincing to take another RB with injury problems, but i think he will have more production then McGahee did and give the running game some spark and possibly get this whole offense clicking.
13. St. Louis Rams: Lawerence Timmons OLB Florida State Ive seen Timmons lower in other drafts, but the Rams have a shaky defense and getting such a solid linebacker here would be a major upgrade.
14. Carolina Panthers: Greg Olsen TE Miami (Fl) With Carr at backup for QB and Willis off the board, Olsen would be another good pickup. Delhomme can use a tightend to dump the ball of to every now and then.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Leon Hall CB Michigan The defensive scheme wont matter as much for this pick if they go with corner. They can have a very solid secondary and cause plenty of turnovers, although corner is not the biggest need for the Steelers, it would be a good pickup.
16. Green Bay Packers: Marshawn Lynch RB California The cheeseheads need some help on there offense if they expect to go anywhere soon with Favre. I mean this season since i doubt Favre will be back for another year but ive been wrong on that feeling for a few years now.
17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas Reggie Nelson would also work out pretty good here, but even though they already have arguably the two best defensive tackles, they could have an incredibly elite defensive line. To hard to pass up on one of the top pass rushers in the draft.
18. Cincinnati Bengals: Darrelle Revis CB Pitts To my knowledge the Bengals are in need of a punt returner but i think its safe to say they need CB more than WR. Revis is similar to Pacman Jones, aside from being "in the wrong place at the wrong time, i mean all the time".
19. Tennessee Titans: Robert Meachem WR Tennessee Solid WR with quite some upside to him, probably familliar with the area (Tennessee University). Although they are in need of a punt returner at least for this year, i think they go with a fairly solid wideout. Vince Young can always be satisfied with more targets and Meachem is my #2 wideout in this class.
20. New York Giants: Joe Staley OT Central Mich The G Men can protect the blindside of Eli Manning with possibly the most athletic offensive lineman in the entire draft. Hes no Joe Thomas, but he will still be a very good-great Tackle. I like Ross here to but the call goes to Staley. Look for the Giants to possibly trade up with Houston since they are interested in Staley and then the Giants could always pickup Lynch or even AD.
21. Denver Broncos: Reggie Nelson S Florida Ive seen plenty of Jarvis Moss picks here and i am personally annoyed by it now. We can pick up a good DE in the second round and Moss isnt a standout 1st round DE so Ive gotta go with 'The Eraser' for this pick. Even though he is slipping because of "smarts", Denver can roll the dice on this playmaker.
22. Dallas Cowboys: Aaron Ross CB Texas The Cowboys can giddy up their secondary right here with Thorpe winner, Aaron Ross. Another local pick, but the Cowboys have been giving up quite a few deep balls and after seeing them get torched near the end of the year, corner should still be a concern
23. Kansas City Chiefs: Dwayne Jarrett WR USC KC has their playmaking speedster at wideout with Dante Hall. But they still need a #1 wideout. Jarrett would be perfect here, his great hands + size give him the makings for a top wideout (not so much as CJ). I could see him being similar to Larry Fitz or Anquan Boldin (a little slower but great hands).
24. New England Patriots (f/SEA): Paul Posluszny OLB Penn State Even with the addition of AT, most of their linebackers are getting up there in age. Time to rejuvenate and Poz is a great player on and off the field, and fits the locker room status the Pats look for.
25. New York Jets: Jarvis Moss DE/OLB Miami (Fl) Moss would help out in the Jets 34 defense. They seem to be getting closer and closer to the Super Bowl (not saying there gonna be champs next year).
26. Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Griffin S Texas In the majority of my drafts, Ive had Griffin going to the Eagles. Its really a perfect pick. He is a hard hitter like the starting safeties for a year ago. But noe Michael Lewis is gone, and B Dawk is getting up there in age as well so it makes a lot of sense to pick up Griffin.
27. New Orleans Saints: Chris Houston CB Arkansas I dont like taking the same guys that Scott does, but theres no denying the Saints needing a corner. A few weeks ago I didnt know who Chris Houston was and now I see him even in the top 20.
28. New England Patriots: Brian Leonard FB Rutgers Of course its a stretch to see fullbacks in the first round, but he is a "versatile" player who can play halfback as well. Not really a huge need, but the current fullbacks are older, and the Pats usually have success on picks in the later rounds (Tom Brady) so i think this is a pretty safe pick.
29. Baltimore Ravens: Ben Grubbs OG Auburn Another pretty safe pick thats also a bit of a need for the Ravens after losing a few players recently and the rest over 30 for the most part.
30. San Diego Chargers: Dwayne Bowe WR LSU The Chargers are in need of a standout wide receiver, and although that might be hard to get at pick 30, Bowe is still a good receiver. Not the fastest or the best hands, but a solid consistent receiver that will get the job done and then some.
31. Chicago Bears: Ryan Kalil C USC Im sure Raidernation wont be in love with this pick, but it is a good fit for "Da Bears". He will lilkely play guard for a few years to gain experience and then move back to center after Kreutz retires.
32. Indianapolis Colts: Justin Harrell DT Tennessee Even after winning the Super Bowl, the Colts have some needs to take care of in this draft. Harrell would help plug up the middle and get into the backfield to break up passes or run plays. From the highlights ive seen of him i am truly impressed.

PoopSandwich
04-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Initial response, Alan Branch won't go to Detroit with Okoye or Landry on the board, also Quinn is on the board, I have a hard time thinking that many people will pass on Adrian Peterson, Ginn isn't round one? I have a hard time believing that.

Vikes99ej
04-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Strange Detroit pick... Atlanta shouldn't pass on Peterson... nice Vikings pick.

49erfaithful
04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
good SF pick, would be my pick if Carriker is gone

ripdw27
04-19-2007, 09:48 PM
i actually messed up the draft when i was starting it, i had calvin johnson going twice and dint realize it until i was finished so sorry about the alan branch reach i did most of this during class kinda quick so my apologies :(

Jensen
04-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Not fond of the Cardinals trading up.

PoopSandwich
04-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Not fond of the Cardinals trading up.

Could happen though, I wouldn't be surprise if they drafted Thomas and then held him hostage (kinda like SD did to NYG with Eli)

T-RICH49
04-19-2007, 10:09 PM
AWESOME Chiefs pick

Bengals1690
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
good for the bengals

Matthew Jones
04-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't see Leonard - the Patriots drafted Laurence Maroney in the first and Garrett Mills in the third last year. Well, not in the first, and he won't last to the end of the third.

gdamac
04-19-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm still on the Russell to OAK bandwagon, but CJ is special too.

RaiderNation
04-19-2007, 10:36 PM
GREAT raider pick

PalmerToCJ
04-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I would rather the Bengals take Nelson but Revis is a great pick as well.

thebow305
04-19-2007, 10:56 PM
great mia pick

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Good eagles pick.