PDA

View Full Version : Ok...Now I'm really confused

BPhilb
04-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Here's some of the guys in Arrowhead this week:

they met this week at Arrowhead Stadium with at least four of the higher-profile running backs available in the coming draft: California’s Marshawn Lynch, Ohio State’s Antonio Pittman, Florida State’s Lorenzo Booker and Louisville’s Kolby Smith.

It states in the story that Peterson is telling the agents for these guys that we are planning on taking a running back with an early round pick. I know there are a lot of smoke screens at this time of year, but that's a lot of guys to go through just to drum up interest. I'm really starting to wonder if there is an LJ deal in the works somewhere.

villagewarrior
04-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Booker and Smith seem more like 3rd down backs to me, I would be surprised if they were counted on to carry the load.

Also, I'm certain this is just smokescreen.

T-RICH49
04-20-2007, 12:54 PM
they must not feel Bennett can stay healthy if they're thinking of taking a back early.personally I'd rather take Dwayne Wright in the 5th then spend a 1st day pick on RB when we need to address other areas

Hermstheman83
04-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Even then, if Mike Bennet can't stay healthy, it sounds like Ross is doing awesome in Europe...I'm not sure if it's a smokescreen or not, Herm does like to have alot of Running backs.

Hermstheman83
04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
So after reading the article on KCchiefs.com(http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04/20/2007_chiefs_draft_preview/) I think regardless of position, Herm is going BPA.

BPhilb
04-20-2007, 10:36 PM
So after reading the article on KCchiefs.com(http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04/20/2007_chiefs_draft_preview/) I think regardless of position, Herm is going BPA.

Interesting read. Thanks for the link.

Hermstheman83
04-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Allright, so my vote goes to Justin Harrell out of UT, He's a team-first, tough(mentally and physically) guy and we need a DT. His stock is rising so I think he's in our range.Thoughts?

BPhilb
04-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Allright, so my vote goes to Justin Harrell out of UT, He's a team-first, tough(mentally and physically) guy and we need a DT. His stock is rising so I think he's in our range.Thoughts?

I like Harrell, but with all of the recent signings I'm not sure if we are going DT early on. My wishlist at this point would be:

1. Staley
2. Bowe
3. Meachum
4. Harrell
5. Grubbs

This seems to change by the minute though. I'm really hoping we are able to acquire some extra picks before the draft.