PDA

View Full Version : Mathias Kiwanuka

bigbluedefense
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Any news on this guy? Did he gain weight, or is he still in the process? Has Spags told him anything about his role on our defense and what he wants him to do etc? Will he be a hybrid player like rumored, or will he continue to mature as a fulltime DE?

bigbluedefense
04-20-2007, 12:13 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/drjohn/Galleries/General/Images/Bump.jpg

ricky bobby
04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't think there has been any news. All we can do is speculate. Whether we take a LB on the first day of the draft will tell a lot about whether he will play SLB or DE next year.

Go_Eli
04-20-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't think there has been any news. All we can do is speculate. Whether we take a LB on the first day of the draft will tell a lot about whether he will play SLB or DE next year.

Um, not really. Not at all actually.

Jughead10
04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I think he'll continue to be put on the field whatever way possible. I guess mostly DE with even a more expanded role stading up compared to last year.

ricky bobby
04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Um, not really. Not at all actually.
Care to explain?

Go_Eli
04-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Care to explain?

I just don't see the Giants using him as a linebacker for any extended length of time. Strahan is getting older, Tuck has trouble staying on the field. Kiwi is good, but if Strahan or Tuck or Kiwi went down, what then?

Plus, they have a bunch of LBs on the roster. If they don't take one, I can't see how it would make one believe Kiwi is going to LB.

Honestly, what proof do we have?

Number 10
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
I think we will be using a heavy rotation at LDE with Kiwi and Strahan, maybe even 50/50 to keep Strahan fresh all year.

And I don't think we would ever hear how Spags plans on using him because that would simply be abad job by the Giants. I'm sure he will be on the field a lot though, he is a playmaker.

Go_Eli
04-20-2007, 03:34 PM
I think we will be using a heavy rotation at LDE with Kiwi and Strahan, maybe even 50/50 to keep Strahan fresh all year.

And I don't think we would ever hear how Spags plans on using him because that would simply be abad job by the Giants. I'm sure he will be on the field a lot though, he is a playmaker.

He is, no question. But I don't think he'll be a full fledged LB yet at least.

Number 10
04-20-2007, 04:23 PM
He is, no question. But I don't think he'll be a full fledged LB yet at least.

Definitely not, he'll see much more time at DE than LB this year.