PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Johnson

leroyisgod
04-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Say CJ is available at #3 when the Browns are on the clock. What would you be willing to depart with to draft him?

Go Cowboys
04-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Nothing we dont have a need for him and he is likely to be there at 3 so really this makes no sense to say if he is there what would we trade to get to 3. If he fell to 6 then I'd be all for trading up

leroyisgod
04-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Nothing we dont have a need for him and he is likely to be there at 3 so really this makes no sense to say if he is there what would we trade to get to 3. If he fell to 6 then I'd be all for trading up

3, 6 it doesn't matter...I'd trade JJ a 3rd rounder and a 1st next year for him. Glenn and TO are getting old. We need some youth.

KILLERSANTA
04-20-2007, 03:31 PM
First off..Oakland will draft calvin....Not even al davis is dumb enough not to draft him...........I would give up every draft pick we have and TO.......

leroyisgod
04-20-2007, 03:50 PM
First off..Oakland will draft calvin....Not even al davis is dumb enough not to draft him...........I would give up every draft pick we have and TO.......

Al Davis didn't even meet w/CJ personally when he was in Oakland for his visit. Davis goes Russell.

thule
04-20-2007, 06:00 PM
I would give up Crayton/Carp/JJ and the majority of our picks. But that is just hypothetical anyways.

KILLERSANTA
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I would give up Crayton/Carp/JJ and the majority of our picks. But that is just hypothetical anyways.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6030/donthearyouey2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

robert_in_bigd
04-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Say CJ is available at #3 when the Browns are on the clock. What would you be willing to depart with to draft him?

Roy Williams, Julius Jones and the entire draft.

MP123
04-21-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't think they should trade up. The last couple of drafts show why.

Paul
04-21-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't think they should trade up. The last couple of drafts show why.

Please inform us on why?:rolleyes:

shane_man
04-22-2007, 07:39 AM
If we could legitimately fill all backup needs through the next lot of Free agent cuts... I would trade the draft to get CJ... If hes as legitimately BIGtime as hes being touted...

DMWSackMachine
04-23-2007, 02:14 PM
I would give our entire 1st day, plus a first rounder next year, basically what the Broncos are being rumored to be offering the Lions for him.

To me, trading up has got to be the smartest move that we can make, as long as we are absolutely, positively sure that the guy we trade up for is going to be everything we expect of him.

People ***** about the Ricky Williams deal and talk about how it's such a disaster to trade so much for one guy, but the disaster of that situation was not that they gave up too much, it's that he didn't end up being the player they expected. If he had come in and simply dominated from day one, and been an all-time type back, then it would have been a good move for the franchise. Instead, he was injured, struggled to adapt to the pro game, and crumbled under the scrutiny of the media and expectations placed upon him.

If Calvin Johnson comes in from day 1 and dominates the league, and quickly develops into an unquestioned top 3 player at his position within the next couple of years, he would easily be worth the entire 1st day of our draft, as well as next year's first. I would do that in a heartbeat, though I don't expect that the Jones' have that kind of balls.

jdnoyes
04-23-2007, 02:54 PM
I would give our entire 1st day, plus a first rounder next year, basically what the Broncos are being rumored to be offering the Lions for him.

To me, trading up has got to be the smartest move that we can make, as long as we are absolutely, positively sure that the guy we trade up for is going to be everything we expect of him.

People ***** about the Ricky Williams deal and talk about how it's such a disaster to trade so much for one guy, but the disaster of that situation was not that they gave up too much, it's that he didn't end up being the player they expected. If he had come in and simply dominated from day one, and been an all-time type back, then it would have been a good move for the franchise. Instead, he was injured, struggled to adapt to the pro game, and crumbled under the scrutiny of the media and expectations placed upon him.

If Calvin Johnson comes in from day 1 and dominates the league, and quickly develops into an unquestioned top 3 player at his position within the next couple of years, he would easily be worth the entire 1st day of our draft, as well as next year's first. I would do that in a heartbeat, though I don't expect that the Jones' have that kind of balls.

Jerry said today, he was seriously considering trading up this year, but said he wouldn't be willing to give up 2008 first day picks, and that because of that knew he wouldn't be able to get up into the top 10. It was more of if somebody is slipping kind of thing we'd trade up. He specifically said that guy (CJ) is the best he's seen in 10 or 15 years but he wasn't willing to pay the price it'd take to secure him.