PDA

View Full Version : The Forum Mock Thread

thule
04-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey I am the GM of the Cowboys in the FM. Just curious to see if anyone has any input on what has happened.

22 - Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State
53 - Tank Tyler, NT, NC State
87 - Andy Alleman, OG, Akron
*107 - Brian Robison, DE/OLB, Texas
122 - Usama Young, CB, Kent State
159 - Dustin Fry, C, Clemson
195 - Dedrick Harrington, ILB, Missouri
200 - David Ball, WR, New Hampshire
212 - Melvin Bullitt, S, Texas A&M
218 - Corey Graham, CB, New Hampshire
234 - Andrew Carnahan, OT, ASU

*Trade
Patrick Crayton to the Texans for pick 107 and 218.
Sean Suisham for pick 237

M.O.T.H.
04-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey I am the GM of the Cowboys in the FM. Just curious to see if anyone has any input on what has happened.

*107 - Brian Robinson, DE/OLB, Texas
122 -
159 -
195 -
200 -
212 -
218 -
234 -
237 -

*Trade

Well.... I'm a huge Crayton fan so, i dont like that but, other than that... solid.

thule
04-20-2007, 07:47 PM
I didn't see where Crayton fit with the addition of Ginn...and Hurd playing good enough to fill in either spot to start. Plus if Austin ever evolves we will have a good WR corp.

D-Unit
04-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Nothing personal... but it stinks. The Tank pick saves it from being darn right putrid.

Ward
04-20-2007, 08:00 PM
It's not my cup of tea, but you've done a good job of attaining picks and dumping Crayton (who I am not a fan of). I don't really like Ginn or Tyler as prospects, and I think Robison was too early. Also, it's Brian Robison not Robinson.

thule
04-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Nothing personal... but it stinks. The Tank pick saves it from being darn right putrid.

I knew you were gonna hate it. If it makes you feel better I tried moving up to get Branch...but couldn't swing a deal. I also tried to move JJ for Pittman...but someone reached for pittman. I also tried hard to move up to get Free and Satele...but noone would move. I wouldn't say this is my ideal draft...but i'm a big fan because we can get lots of contribution out of the players who have been drafted.

thule
04-20-2007, 08:02 PM
It's not my cup of tea, but you've done a good job of attaining picks and dumping Crayton (who I am not a fan of). I don't really like Ginn or Tyler as prospects, and I think Robison was too early. Also, it's Brian Robison not Robinson.

I was really hoping Tyler wouldn't fall to me. But when he was there I really didn't have a chioce. I think early 4th might be a slight reach for Robison but DE/OLB were flying off the board...I mean Bazuin went in the third if i'm not mistaken. Both McCauley and Free went way to early.

That woulda been my idea first round...
Ginn
McCauley
Free

but w/e I guess not everything can go your way.

M.O.T.H.
04-20-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd be rather surprised if Robison doesnt go in the third to be honest. Bazuin in the 3rd... no way.

thule
04-20-2007, 08:06 PM
I also would like to say that I tried really hard to ship JJ and get AD...once again...noone wanted to move.

fryman
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
sorry to say but I don't really like any of the picks or the trade. I guess the Tyler pick isn't too bad.

thule
04-20-2007, 08:21 PM
I think it's safe to say I'm an outcast when it comes to the Boys first day needs.

M.O.T.H.
04-20-2007, 08:21 PM
I said it was solid... He nailed our needs with guys that can come in and contibute. Do I like all these prospects...? not exactly... but, this isnt that bad. I really like the Tyler and Robison picks but, the other two... i could do without. Still not too bad overall.

D-Unit
04-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I knew you were gonna hate it. If it makes you feel better I tried moving up to get Branch...but couldn't swing a deal. I also tried to move JJ for Pittman...but someone reached for pittman. I also tried hard to move up to get Free and Satele...but noone would move. I wouldn't say this is my ideal draft...but i'm a big fan because we can get lots of contribution out of the players who have been drafted.
I'm more disappointed in the Ginn pick than the Alleman pick. I don't think Ginn is a better player than Bowe.

I don't get what you like about Ginn. His route running sucks. He's terribly weak and fragile. He's really not that great of a receiver... He's very raw. He doesn't scare you one bit? I know you like his speed, but considering his durability, his speed is a non-factor... even at the so called 75% health factor he's currently at.

M.O.T.H.
04-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm more disappointed in the Ginn pick than the Alleman pick. I don't think Ginn is a better player than Bowe.

I'm a Bowe fan as well but, i think he may fall right out of the first... if we go WR... i want Meachem.

thule
04-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm a Bowe fan as well but, i think he may fall right out of the first... if we go WR... i want Meachem.

If I went WR in the first round not named Ginn or CJ...it would be Bowe

thule
04-20-2007, 08:42 PM

I don't get what you like about Ginn. His route running sucks. He's terribly weak and fragile. He's really not that great of a receiver... He's very raw. He doesn't scare you one bit? I know you like his speed, but considering his durability, his speed is a non-factor... even at the so called 75% health factor he's currently at.

He can contribute right away. Give us a spark plus on special teams. He could contribute on offense...with reverses, bubble screens.

He gives us something we really dont' have at the WR position. I mean TG and TO are just fine starting. Crayton is a good slot guy. But looking forward to the future...Crayton and Hurd just don't have that speed factor. Austin is a wild card who I really like..but can't just expect that to happen.

Ginn does scare me btw. But like I said...I want to find myself freak in the first round. Especially with a team where a rookie might have trouble finding the field. Everyone says durability is a issue...but how many games had he missed before the big bowl game? He can be raw because we don't need him to step in fulltime for a year maybe 2...depending on the TO and TG situation. Hurd showed he could contribute at the NFL level. Overall I think we can afford to take this chance.

D-Unit
04-20-2007, 10:26 PM
He can contribute right away. Give us a spark plus on special teams. He could contribute on offense...with reverses, bubble screens.

He gives us something we really dont' have at the WR position. I mean TG and TO are just fine starting. Crayton is a good slot guy. But looking forward to the future...Crayton and Hurd just don't have that speed factor. Austin is a wild card who I really like..but can't just expect that to happen.

Ginn does scare me btw. But like I said...I want to find myself freak in the first round. Especially with a team where a rookie might have trouble finding the field. Everyone says durability is a issue...but how many games had he missed before the big bowl game? He can be raw because we don't need him to step in fulltime for a year maybe 2...depending on the TO and TG situation. Hurd showed he could contribute at the NFL level. Overall I think we can afford to take this chance.
That makes some sense, but DAAAAAYUuuM BOYYY..... What a gamble!

thule
04-20-2007, 10:32 PM
That makes some sense, but DAAAAAYUuuM BOYYY..... What a gamble!

Ya, I was really hoping to get AD...Ginn was option three.

jdnoyes
04-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Not a fan of the picks you've made, but hey I give you props for working hard and supporting your picks with a solid thought process. Seems to me you are reaching to fill needs instead of following your board, which is exactly what gets real GM's in trouble.

I don't like Ginn at all for reasons already given by D-Unit, in fact I don't like WR at all in round 1, although I may be in the minority on here. If I had to go WR at 22 I would have picked Bowe, as others have said. I'm not a huge fan of tank at 53, although its a solid pick and definately fills a need. Alleman doesn't excite me, reminds me of a Parcells type lineman though, smart hard working lunch pail type guy. I'd prefer a big athletic mauler this year. Robison is probably my favorite pick, of the four, guy has a lot of talent and looks like he would do well standing up in the 3-4, some would say too early for him but I think its about where he'll go.

Anyways don't take all our comments the wrong way, you're working hard at it, GL the rest of the way.

thule
04-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Not a fan of the picks you've made, but hey I give you props for working hard and supporting your picks with a solid thought process. Seems to me you are reaching to fill needs instead of following your board, which is exactly what gets real GM's in trouble.

I don't like Ginn at all for reasons already given by D-Unit, in fact I don't like WR at all in round 1, although I may be in the minority on here. If I had to go WR at 22 I would have picked Bowe, as others have said. I'm not a huge fan of tank at 53, although its a solid pick and definately fills a need. Alleman doesn't excite me, reminds me of a Parcells type lineman though, smart hard working lunch pail type guy. I'd prefer a big athletic mauler this year. Robison is probably my favorite pick, of the four, guy has a lot of talent and looks like he would do well standing up in the 3-4, some would say too early for him but I think its about where he'll go.

Anyways don't take all our comments the wrong way, you're working hard at it, GL the rest of the way.

Glad to see your input. But I don't get your reaching point. Ginn at 22 isn't a reach no matter how raw he is. I don't think an expert out there will call Ginn a reach at 22. I actually think he is a top 15 player...so it was a bit of a steal imo.

Like I said I wasn't a huge fan of the tyler pick...but he had good value. Like I said I really wanted to land McCauley...but people who play madden to much ruin the FM sometimes. I really don't know where else I woulda went with that pick. WR depth was good at that point with Smith and Gonzalez but I'd already drafted Ginn. Pittman was on the board...but couldn't ship JJ and probably woulda waited a bit on Pittman. DE had some decent value...but I was higher on Robison and Bazuin then I was moses/crowder/Woodley. I think Tyler is slightly valued higher than where I selected him...so I don't know if I could call that a reach either.

Alleman is a slight reach...but like I said...Free/Satele/Bazuin were my targets...Bazuin and Robison were toss up's for me...and the interior OL depth after Alleman was a big drop off...with Wrotto as the next best guy...and he is far less impressive than Alleman. Like I said...I really wanted to address interior OL on the first day...and Alleman was all that was left unfortunetly...like I said I was unable to sway a team to move down to get one of my targets. I also took a long look at Bennett in that spot...but have something else in mind to take care of the CB position.

Robison like I said...really can do a lot of things for our defense. I don't know if I could ever see him being a full time player. But what he will give us is something off the edge to get to the passer. He will allow Carp to get more time inside. I wrote this in the draft thread too.

Realistcally our starting 4 will look like this.

WOLB - Ware
WILB- Adoyele
SILB - James
SOLB - Ellis

The will actually plays more of the coverage role in the phillips 34.
Adoyele is really going to shine in this defense.
James is going to be our run thumper...but really this isn't the right defense for him. He can't play the attacking style and don't fit well in zone scheme.
Ellis is going to be blitzing 80-90% of the time...phillips runs a inverted 46 so the only difference is where the 4th rusher is coming from.

Carp will see time at both SOLB and SILB...like I said Vrabel role. Except he will be eased in until Ellis is done. By the time 2008 comes around our LB corps will look like this.

WOLB - Ware
WILB - Adoyele
SILB - Carp
SOLB - Ellis/Robinson

jdnoyes
04-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah I guess looking at my board again after I posted reach is probably the wrong word, as the players were picked pretty near where most "draft experts" would have slotted them. Just not guys I would take at those spots based on my personal likes and dislikes, but like I said you're always very good at supporting your thought process, so I can't be too critical. Keep up the good work.

D-Unit
04-21-2007, 12:54 AM

I'm definately with you in that I don't think drafting a WR in round 1 is worth it. I've said that time and time again... and again. I strongly believe that you can win in the NFL without an outstanding WR corps. Thus investing in one in round 1 is dumb in my opinion.

BUT....

Heck, I don't doubt for one second that Jerry would draft one. So in my prediction in our Cowboys Draft Prediction Sticky I'm guessing Dwayne Bowe. Doesn't mean that's what I want. Just what I predict... for now.

I want to spend the draft by solidifying our trenches.... as as much defense as we can afford.

Ward
04-21-2007, 01:16 AM
r O B I S O N

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-21-2007, 02:15 AM
Ok, I am an idiot, too, because I don't think you did bad at all! In a perfect scenario, there are other players I would like to see come to us. But this is how I see it...

Ginn-Will play. He should be the returner we havent had in a while, and could possibly be a game changer. There is a risk, but that risk comes with every player in the draft. CJ (the best player in the draft, IMO) could become broken in the first game just as easily as anyone...

Tank Tyler-Will play. May not be an all-pro, but will play. On a team as deep as ours, I think you did good finding someone in the second round that should play a lot. Several other routes that you could have gone, but several of those routes wouldnt play as much as Tank will...

Alleman-Depth. Seeing as I have no idea what was left, I cant be mad about bringing in depth and competition at OL. OL is underated, IMO...

Robison-Has a high ceiling. May not play much starting out, but I think it would be hard to find players in the fourth round that have a ceiling as high as him. May never play, but how many fourth rounders never make it? With that in mind, draft for ceiling in the fourth, IMO...

My 2 cents. Thule, you did alright. And no matter what anyone says, the first time Ginn lines up to take field a punt return, no one will leave their seat to go get popcorn!!!!!!

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-21-2007, 02:22 AM
One more point I wanted to make. Ginn is not a reach at 22. There are other players I might wantat 22, but calling Ginn a reach is not fair. I would like to know exactly how far yall think he is gonna fall? I would urge everyone to go back and look at the people that have been drafted at 22 over the last several years. You cant tell me Ginn doesnt have more potential than many of them did when they were coming out. Be fair to Thule. Even if you dont like that pick, you cant say he reached by any means.

Caddy
04-21-2007, 02:30 AM
I'd be rather surprised if Robison doesnt go in the third to be honest. Bazuin in the 3rd... no way.

Bazuin > Robison and is a legitimate Day 1 pick

D-Unit
04-21-2007, 03:45 AM
Spending a first round pick on a kick returner is damn expensive. Miles Austin showed exceptional kick return duties.

I'm pretty sure Ginn will be a great kick returner, but it's his WR skills that scare me. Not even Hester was drafted in round 1.

If the basis is that Ginn will be useful for trick plays... reversals, etc... we have guys that can do that, we don't need to spend a first round pick on one.

M.O.T.H.
04-21-2007, 11:58 AM

nah... Bazuin's combine has really hurt his stock. His 40 was much slower than projected and he struggled in the LB drills. The transition to the 3-4 OLB position will not come as quickly as many believed and his stock has really taken a hit. I'm a Bazuin fan and think he will be a great pro but, his stock is low right now and I cant see it going up anytime soon... Should go in the 4th... no one knows if he is a 3-4 OLB or an undersized end ala Jason Babin.

thule
04-21-2007, 01:48 PM

Bazuin is a second day guy at this point. He will be nothing more than a situational passrusher in the NFL. Atleast Robison has the ceiling to play every down in the NFL.

thule
04-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Spending a first round pick on a kick returner is damn expensive. Miles Austin showed exceptional kick return duties.

I'm pretty sure Ginn will be a great kick returner, but it's his WR skills that scare me. Not even Hester was drafted in round 1.

If the basis is that Ginn will be useful for trick plays... reversals, etc... we have guys that can do that, we don't need to spend a first round pick on one.

Thats only the first year D...after having a full year with Joe Jurask and Todd Haley Ginn will be a well oiled machine coming into 2008.

D-Unit
04-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Thats only the first year D...after having a full year with Joe Jurask and Todd Haley Ginn will be a well oiled machine coming into 2008.
Ha ha, that's a nice hope, but considering how raw he is, I think it'll take a while for him to become an NFL caliber receiver. He's much more of a track guy than a football guy.

But I am a Cowboys fan, so if it happens and we do pick him... Just call me his #1 fan! LOL!!!!

thule
04-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Ha ha, that's a nice hope, but considering how raw he is, I think it'll take a while for him to become an NFL caliber receiver. He's much more of a track guy than a football guy.

But I am a Cowboys fan, so if it happens and we do pick him... Just call me his #1 fan! LOL!!!!

Just take a look at the 2006 Ohio State team. Ginn made that team....he was their playmaker. Big 10 is no slouch on the defensive side. My favorite example is when Ginn went out in the NC game. It almost looked like Ohio State was in a state of disarray. Ginn meant more to that team than any other one player...making that type of difference on a team of that calibur really says something to me. Now sure he might not be a great route runner...and sure he might let the ball into his body too much...but Todd Haley is one of the most outspoken WR coaches in the league...and Ginn doesn't have to make a huge offensive difference right away.

KILLERSANTA
04-21-2007, 05:16 PM

*107 - Brian Robinson, DE/OLB, Texas
122 -
159 -
195 -
200 -
212 -
218 -
234 -
237 -

*Trade

WORST DRAFT EVER!!!!!!

thule
04-21-2007, 05:54 PM
WORST DRAFT EVER!!!!!!

If it makes you feel any better we got his draft value plus a 4th round pick :P

thule
04-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Just like to add that Usama Young is the latest addition to our team. Really wanted to address CB earlier in the draft...but didn't get the chance really...unless I went Bennett in round 3 which was a reach. Young really doesn't have to do much year one...but he will be our nickel CB sooner than later and he will be playing opposite of Newman before Henry hangs them up.

M.O.T.H.
04-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Just like to add that Usama Young is the latest addition to our team. Really wanted to address CB earlier in the draft...but didn't get the chance really...unless I went Bennett in round 3 which was a reach. Young really doesn't have to do much year one...but he will be our nickel CB sooner than later and he will be playing opposite of Newman before Henry hangs them up.

Dont know how the others will feel but, I really like... I think Usama has tremendous upside.

thule
04-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Dont know how the others will feel but, I really like... I think Usama has tremendous upside.

I'm right with ya.

D-Unit
04-22-2007, 01:39 AM
I think Usama will have a worthless NFL career.

thule
04-22-2007, 02:42 AM
I think Usama will have a worthless NFL career.

Why?????????

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-22-2007, 03:28 AM
I think Young is ok, too. How many great players do you guys think are left in the fourth round? He isnt my first corner or anything, but anyone remember the corner the Cowboys drafted from Georgia a couple of years ago in the fourth? Me neither. But I do remember that in the fourth round that year, Nathan Vasher was on the board at the begining of the fourth round. Young has potential. I think the odds are not in his favor that he will be a pro bowler, but he has the potential. Lots dont.

And I do agree that a first round pick is a lot for a kick returner. But I think Ginn has the ability to do more. I said this on a different thread, and no one responded back, so I will say it again and see if anyone responds this time:

I think Ginn will probably not be an elite receiver. However, I do think he will be more of an Eric Metcalf-type player. Not the number one receiver, but a real good third. In addition, he could play a little running back (in certain situations) and handle kick return duties. He is an athlete, maybe could even be a corner in a pinch! Not likely, I will admit, but he brings that potential. He doesnt remind me of Metcalf, but seems like he could be that kind of player. So if you agree with the Metcalf-type player analogy, would you have a problem with Metcalf in the first round? I think you could do a lot worse.

D-Unit
04-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Why?????????
What makes you like him so much? Maybe I need to get educated on who he is.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-22-2007, 03:43 AM
Ok, D Unit. I am assuming you dont like the Ginn-Metcalf comparison? Why not?

Caddy
04-22-2007, 03:49 AM
nah... Bazuin's combine has really hurt his stock. His 40 was much slower than projected and he struggled in the LB drills. The transition to the 3-4 OLB position will not come as quickly as many believed and his stock has really taken a hit. I'm a Bazuin fan and think he will be a great pro but, his stock is low right now and I cant see it going up anytime soon... Should go in the 4th... no one knows if he is a 3-4 OLB or an undersized end ala Jason Babin.

Too say he is undersized might be a slight exaggeration. He within the same weight range as Adams, Abiamiri, Crowder, Moses and Johnson who are all seen as predominantly 4-3 ends. Could he play in a 3-4? sure, but too say he is an awkward fit in a 4-3 is incorrect.

D-Unit
04-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Ok, D Unit. I am assuming you dont like the Ginn-Metcalf comparison? Why not?
Never even heard the comparison before. ...I guess it's a fair comparison... the only thing I remember about Metcalf was that he was an above average returner... I don't doubt Ginn's returning skills... it's his WR skills that scare me.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-22-2007, 04:01 AM
I hadnt heard of thar comparison either. I made it up myself :).

Metcalf was a good returner, but he also played running back and caught a lot of balls. He was only really good returner, but he did a lot of other things.

I guess I have defended the Ginn pick more than I should have, cause he isnt what I am hoping for. But I will take him over a lot of other players that will be drafted in the first round. And, barring an injury, he will be on the feild. He wont have to wait on someone else to get injured before he plays (ala-Bobby "eighteenth pick" Carpenter.

thule
04-22-2007, 04:36 AM
What makes you like him so much? Maybe I need to get educated on who he is.

I'll start off with his raw measurables. At his pro day he put up these numbers

Raw Measurables?
Young (5-11, 196) ran the 40 in 4.39 and 4.40 seconds. He also notched a 43-inch vertical, a 10-foot-11 broad, a 4.31 short shuttle, a 6.65 three-cone drill and 15 bench presses.

I would like to say that I got this all from nfl.com because lets be honest...who watched a Kent State game in their life. I'd also like to say that we did bring him in for an interview.

What did he do at Kent State?
In 45 games at Kent State, Young started 37 contests. He registered 198 tackles (129 solos) with eight stops for losses of 16 yards and one pressure. He caused three fumbles and recovered two others, returning one for a two-yard gain. He deflected 21 passes and ranks 11th on the school's all-time record list with nine interceptions for 71 yards in returns (7.9 avg.). He also blocked one kick.

Is he smart...we all know how much I value this
Regarded by many as the finest defensive product produced at this university since the Jack Lambert era (1971-73), Young has been the anchor of the secondary ever since moving into the starting lineup as a true freshman. In addition to excelling as a shutdown cornerback, the physical tackler has also garnered national academic honors.

In 2006, Young was named as a semifinalist for the Draddy Trophy, one of college football's most sought after and competitive awards. The Draddy Trophy recognizes an individual as the absolute best in the country for his combined academic success, football performance and exemplary community leadership.

Positives?
Long-limbed athlete with a frame that can carry at least another 10 pounds of bulk without it affecting his excellent timed speed Has a tight abdomen and lean muscle tone, showing good hip flip and suddenness coming out of his breaks Hard worker in practices and games, putting forth the extra hours for game preparation Needs to be more aggressive attacking the ball carrier and ball in flight, but is a smart player with the instincts to make quick reads and instantly react to the play (used to be slow in his reads, but showed marked improvement as a senior) Shows proper timing moves to make plays on the ball, but needs to be more aggressive Maintains position on the receiver in man coverage, whether playing, trailing, covering or allowing cushion on the pass, despite having long legs and being high-cut Compensates when beaten long with good recovery speed and gets out of his turns with precision Has adequate ball reaction skills, displaying decent timing in attempts to break up the play Not really a ball hawk, but shows efficient hands for the interception, doing a nice job of snatching the ball outside the frame Has the burst to cover ground quickly and, even though he is just a marginal tackler, he will get into position and drop his pads in attempts to stall the ball carrier in run support Has great special teams potential, as he shows the quick closing burst to get downfield and break up the wedge Well-balanced through transition, showing the plant-and-drive agility to come out of his breaks cleanly Has a good feel for route progression and does a nice job of getting his head turned to track the ball in flight Effective at keeping plays in front of him playing in the zone and explodes out of his breaks to stay tight on the receiver's hip.

Negatives?
Needs to develop better lower-body strength Legs are too skinny for him to hold ground working near the pile Willing tackler, but lacks strength to explode into the ball carrier Also needs to play with more aggression, especially when competing for the ball in a crowd Gets bounced around too much at the line of scrimmage to lend any type of run support Will generally take a side or ankle bite in attempts to make the tackle.

Compares To?
Chris Gamble, Carolina -- Young has the quickness to stay with any receiver throughout the route and is starting to develop better read-and-react skills However, like Gamble, he lacks strength and aggressiveness to be a forceful tackler and needs to do a better job competing for jump balls His speed is his best asset, but he will have to develop a mean streak and start showing better authority with his tackles if he hopes to be anything more than a situational cover corner.

thule
04-23-2007, 06:06 PM
In the fifth round Dallas added OG/C Dustin Fry, Clemson.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 06:09 PM
In the fifth round Dallas added OG/C Dustin Fry, Clemson.

It could be worse... got him in the fifth right? So, the value is right where it shoud be... could be a solid player down the line...maybe even a starter. Not too bad, you addressed another need.

thule
04-23-2007, 06:12 PM
It could be worse... got him in the fifth right? So, the value is right where it shoud be... could be a solid player down the line...maybe even a starter. Not too bad, you addressed another need.

I had a really hard time on who to pick....with all these late round picks it's really hard to pick without getting too many guys in one position. I do have the next 3-4 picks set up in my mind tho...and I'm also trying to bring a former kicker back to big d.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 06:17 PM
I had a really hard time on who to pick....with all these late round picks it's really hard to pick without getting too many guys in one position. I do have the next 3-4 picks set up in my mind tho...and I'm also trying to bring a former kicker back to big d.

Former kicker huh?

thule
04-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Former kicker huh?

It's a done deal...pick 238 for Sean Suisham.

Suisham has the big leg that Gramatica doesn't have. He is a KOS and performed relatively well in Washington....it'll be an open competition in TC...let the best man win...however depending on the DC Suisham could stay on as a KOS.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 06:43 PM
eww... suisham again. lol.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Thule-Your signature is distracting me!

thule
04-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Thule-Your signature is distracting me!

I know one of my best graphics works ever.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I know one of my best graphics works ever.

What's that from?

thule
04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
What's that from?

A photo from deviantart

thule
04-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Latest picks

thule
04-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Latest pick
Corey Graham, CB, New Hampshire
5'11", 195, 4.43

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Looks like you have covered all the basis. Pretty solid. Anyone that can find a recent Cowboys draft that was better is welcome to show it to me.

Not saying I would have made all those picks, but you address everything (IMO) and several of those guys will see the field.

thule
04-27-2007, 05:31 AM
Last pick in the draft
Andrew Carnahan OT ASU

thule
04-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Justu wanted to show I got steals at every draft position. I never reached. I'm using Gosselin's projections here...I'm pretty happy.

22 - Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State - Ranked 19
53 - Tank Tyler, NT, NC State - Ranked 53
87 - Andy Alleman, OG, Akron - Ranked 65
*107 - Brian Robison, DE/OLB, Texas - Ranked 92
122 - Usama Young, CB, Kent State - Ranked 86

Paul
04-27-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm all about Dedrick Harrington, great size, great measurables, good production, and the motherfawker just looks mean. I'm also a fan of Melvin Bullitt. Great late round picks.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I would be happy if that actually happened.

thule
04-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm all about Dedrick Harrington, great size, great measurables, good production, and the motherfawker just looks mean. I'm also a fan of Melvin Bullitt. Great late round picks.

Yah if he gets it all together...he might have a spot on the team...he has the potential...but does he have the drive?

fryman
04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Justu wanted to show I got steals at every draft position. I never reached. I'm using Gosselin's projections here...I'm pretty happy.

22 - Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State - Ranked 19
53 - Tank Tyler, NT, NC State - Ranked 53
87 - Andy Alleman, OG, Akron - Ranked 65
*107 - Brian Robison, DE/OLB, Texas - Ranked 92
122 - Usama Young, CB, Kent State - Ranked 86

I like the Young and Fry picks, and Tyler and Robinson are ok.