The Legend
08-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Heres a video on how he end peoples careers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxAfwOwOQg4

Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPalrHiWug

4 Superbowl Wins
was in 5 Superbowls
2 time pro bowler (due to being a dirty player)
Romanowski had played in 243 consecutive games
1110+ Tackles
40 Sacks
20 Ints
16 FF
17 FR
and had the most total tackles in superbowl history (being there 5 time helps)

he has play'd 17 years will he ever make the Hall of Fame? (with his background?)

http://www.juggernuts.com/images/uploads/romanowski.jpg

Gunz

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/sbxxxiii/image/13199/romo131.jpg

Paranoidmoonduck
08-18-2006, 03:23 AM
I think probably not. He has won a lot of Superbowls, but that doesn't carry as much weight as it does with, say, quarterbacks. He was never really a totally dominating player, and that'll keep him out of the Hall.

The Legend
08-18-2006, 04:11 AM
i think because half of the world hates him

UbBulls
08-18-2006, 05:43 AM
no, didnt he admit to using steroids?

RyanLeaf#1
08-18-2006, 07:32 AM
I definitely think he should he is one of my favorite players of all time. He was a god damn beast.

bearsfan_51
08-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Romo could have been an ordained minister and he still wouldn't deserve it. If anything his antics gained him more attention than he deserved. Some of you really don't understand how hard it is to be into the HOF. They don't take "good" players, which is what Romo was.

And yes, the fact that he was likely a junkie doesn't help either.

Vince Lombardi
08-18-2006, 08:41 AM

yea he admitted to taking steroids, combine that with him being one of the dirtiest players ever and I say he doesn't deserve to be in.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
08-18-2006, 12:16 PM
no he won't make it. solid player, not HOF material though

diabsoule
08-18-2006, 01:42 PM
He's a good player but I don't think he'll make it because of his alleged steroid use and my personal opinion is that I don't want anyone like that in the NFL Hall of Fame.

The Legend
08-18-2006, 04:54 PM

yea he admitted to taking steroids, combine that with him being one of the dirtiest players ever and I say he doesn't deserve to be in.

he said he took it for his last 3 seasons

nobodyinparticular
08-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Romo could have been an ordained minister and he still wouldn't deserve it. If anything his antics gained him more attention than he deserved. Some of you really don't understand how hard it is to be into the HOF. They don't take "good" players, which is what Romo was.

Exactly. I might even go so far as to say that Romo was a very good player, but even then, Hall of Fame is a special class all in itself. I loved Romo's fire on the Raiders, hated him as a Bronco and respect him as a player, but he's just not good enough to make it.

The Legend
08-18-2006, 05:26 PM

Exactly. I might even go so far as to say that Romo was a very good player, but even then, Hall of Fame is a special class all in itself. I loved Romo's fire on the Raiders, hated him as a Bronco and respect him as a player, but he's just not good enough to make it.

romo is freaky - but so kool - lol did you see that kid eye ouch

effthiskid11
08-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Obviously no one in here has been assaulted, I watched that video and I felt soo bad for that guy's career he ended, do you realize what he went thru?? I hate the guy, even if he was a model citizen his whole career, which he was on the other end of the spectrum, between cheating (steroids) and how dirty he was and just had this one incident I'd still hate him. If he gets into the HOF ill lose all respect for the people who vote for the HOF members

Denver Bronco99
08-18-2006, 10:57 PM
tacking the steriods out i think just becuase he was dirty...should not automatically take him out of HOF voting...while i know he took steroids....that is why i wouldnt vote him in...but its just like Bob Hayes..he isnt in the Hall becuase after his playing carrer he was convicted with coke.....

HOF should be about the ONFIELD play..and romo and hayes were both very good players...

08-18-2006, 11:04 PM

romo is freaky - but so kool - lol did you see that kid eye ouch

I didnt think it was cool at all he permantly damaged the guy. Romo is and always has been a complete dickhead.

elway777
08-18-2006, 11:15 PM
I'll never forgive him for what he did to Shannan Sharpe,even if Sharpe was on the Ravens at the time.

Jonathan_VIlma
08-19-2006, 02:35 AM
LoL. Someone on that youtube video said he was the "best linebacker to ever play the game."

TCU
08-19-2006, 03:13 AM
I think he will be there he shouldnt

steelersfan43
08-19-2006, 04:39 AM
hes to bad of a person to get voted in imo

raiderfan_89
08-19-2006, 05:36 AM
what is sad and true is that if he wouldn't have the background he has, yes,he would make it,easily,maybe 3rd-4th ballot , he would make it,but with that background no,no way in hell.

Stats
08-19-2006, 07:53 AM
He's not a HOF quality player. Never once was he the best defensive player on a team. He was always a good LB. A good team player. But that's not good enough to get you in the Hall.

nobodyinparticular
08-19-2006, 11:25 AM
tacking the steriods out i think just becuase he was dirty...should not automatically take him out of HOF voting...while i know he took steroids....that is why i wouldnt vote him in...but its just like Bob Hayes..he isnt in the Hall becuase after his playing carrer he was convicted with coke.....

HOF should be about the ONFIELD play..and romo and hayes were both very good players...

Very good doesn't get you into the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame is reserved for playes all in their own class. Romo was good, but he wasn't in a class all his own.

portermvp84
08-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Romo was a leader. You can't take that away from him. He did live on the edge, and did some dirty things some people might not like. However, in my opinion this guy was a great football player and loved the game. My answer to the question though is "No but should."

draftguru151
08-19-2006, 11:30 AM

Very good doesn't get you into the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame is reserved for playes all in their own class. Romo was good, but he wasn't in a class all his own.

This isn't the hall of very good, it's the hall of fame.

eacantdraft
08-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Romanowski was not considered a serious candidate for the Hall of Fame before his steroid scandals.

The guy was a punk who should be Bubba's lover in prison.

RyanLeaf#1
08-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Romanowski was not considered a serious candidate for the Hall of Fame before his steroid scandals.

A punk? I always thought he was one of the baddest guys in the NFL gave it 100% everytime he stepped on the field.

njx9
08-22-2006, 07:47 AM
he's just not HOF caliber, no matter how you cut it. the steroid issues aren't even part of it, i just never once felt that he was one of the top LBers in the game when he was playing, and in my mind, that would seem to be minimum criteria.

RyanLeaf#1
08-22-2006, 07:51 AM
He was definitely above average.

eacantdraft
08-22-2006, 08:17 AM
He was definitely above average.

Above average doesn't make a player Hall of Fame material.

Jonathan_VIlma
08-22-2006, 05:13 PM

A punk? I always thought he was one of the baddest guys in the NFL gave it 100% everytime he stepped on the field.
Every playing gives 100% when they're on the field. If they didn't, they'd be out of a job.

Someone mention onfield play and that's completely true. Problem is, he was a dirty player on the field too.

portermvp84
08-24-2006, 02:49 PM
I would never say he was a punk he is 100% bad ass he could be all over the field in his prime. In his prime he had to be one of the best backers to play the game.

eacantdraft
08-25-2006, 08:01 AM

Every playing gives 100% when they're on the field. If they didn't, they'd be out of a job.

Someone mention onfield play and that's completely true. Problem is, he was a dirty player on the field too.

He was a dirty player off the field as well.

IBleedNavyandOrange
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I think of HOF linebackers like Singletary, Butkus, Taylor... guys who hit like a ton of bricks, hurt people, and even (in the case of Taylor) had off-the-field problems. Compare those guys to Romanowski and there is no comparison. As mean and tough as (current) HOF LBs were on the field, they weren't jerkwads like Romo. The guy juiced himself up to squeeze a few more years out of a good--but not HOF--career. He assaulted a teammate and shrugs it off with a "I wish it didn't happen."

He still doesn't take responsibility for his actions, and yet puts it in his book (the language of that chapter is him talking pretty macho, ain't it?) so he can make money off it. Jerk. If I were his victim's lawyers, I'd ask for a royalty from the book.

Bottom line: as a player, Romanowski was good, but not HOF material. As a man, he's a despicable jerk who needs therapy to realize what a jerk he is.

energizerbunny
08-25-2006, 08:28 PM
he wont get in when he is madden's age becasue he won't be alive then... The HUman Science Expirment

The Legend
08-27-2006, 05:41 AM
he wont get in when he is madden's age becasue he won't be alive then... The HUman Science Expirment

:lol:

08-27-2006, 02:40 PM
check out Cris Carter reaction at the end WOW!