http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/cb

From Gil Brandt

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Leon Hall
3. Aaron Ross
4. Eric Wright
5. Marcus McCauley
6. Chris Houston

Very interesting. He has been scouting for years. Maybe he sees something everyone else missed.

thule
04-20-2007, 10:09 PM

From Gil Brandt

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Leon Hall
3. Aaron Ross
4. Eric Wright
5. Marcus McCauley
6. Chris Houston

Very interesting. He has been scouting for years. Maybe he sees something everyone else missed.

I've been saying Houston has been overrated for awhile.

Chris Houston

I'm surprised to see everyone so high on Houston around the boards. I agree from a upside prospective he might have a notch above the other three. But he really isn't close to the same as the other three in the mental part of the game. When watching Houston play I couldn't help but notice he was constantly locking on to WR's and running with them. This isn't a huge problem...but I would have liked to see him read and react more rather then just use his raw talent to cover. If he is gonna turn and run with WR's in the NFL you are gonna see plenty of illegal contact and pass interference called.

But this isn't his only knock...he always seemed to shy away from the RB when they swept to his side. He doesn't shed blocks...which isn't a huge knock...but running around them and putting his head down when diving at a backs feet is. When beat he seems to give up...we all know he has the speed to recover...but he just doesn't seem to be consistant in the aspect...I also will knock his backpedal. Houston has great straightline speed. So great that he will use it at every chance he gets. Which means he breaks out of his backpedal to early from time to time to turn and run with the wr...rather then sitting down and his backpedal waiting for a WR to break. Some of this might have to do with his lack of anticipation...its hard to tell. But from a NFL ready standpoint I think his is 2nd tier to the other top 3 guys.

GiantRutgersFan
04-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Houston is sooooooo overrated imo.

thule
04-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Houston is sooooooo overrated imo.

Way to go out of your way an elaborate.

neko4
04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Seeing this thread reminds of how much i hate Pat Kirwan

Number 10
04-21-2007, 12:53 AM

From Gil Brandt

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Leon Hall
3. Aaron Ross
4. Eric Wright
5. Marcus McCauley
6. Chris Houston

Houston is a wildcard. If he didn't put on a show at the combine, he'd be a probable day one guy. People year after year make the mistake of falling in love with measurables.

Not saying Houston will be bad, I personally have him at #3, but he is a gamble, a big one too.

hugegmenfan
04-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Houston is a wildcard. If he didn't put on a show at the combine, he'd be a probable day one guy. People year after year make the mistake of falling in love with measurables.

Not saying Houston will be bad, I personally have him at #3, but he is a gamble, a big one too.

ya hes my #3 also behind hall and revis. I dont know i think houston will be a good player- he may b a bit overrated and not necessarily worthy of the #20 pick but he has shutdown potential and i believe he will be a very good nfl player personally.

Damix
04-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Brandt also has Poz as the #3 OLB and Okoye the 5th best DL, so I guess he sees something everyone else doesn't right?

ricky bobby
04-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Brandt also has Poz as the #3 OLB and Okoye the 5th best DL, so I guess he sees something everyone else doesn't right?
Apparently. He is a very respected scout and has been around the league for many many years. I guess he doesn't like to just go with the flow and copy Mel Kiper Jr. or Todd McShay. Poz as the 3rd LB isn't outrageous by any means. Timmons and Beason are very good linebackers so it is arguable. I disagree with Okoye as the 5th best D-lineman.

Jughead10
04-23-2007, 08:23 AM

Poz as the #3 OLB isn't that shocking. His upside isn't nearly as high as Timmons or Beason. But he is more of a sure thing.

As for Okoye as the 5th DL, thats a bit more shocking. Although I think this talk about him being a top 6 pick is a bit ridiculous. For me I'd value him around 15-20.

Damix
04-23-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm not saying Poz as #3 is shocking, in fact I agree, but a bunch of Giants fans seem to think he is far and away the #1 OLB

bigbluedefense
04-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I like Revis and Ross.

Wouldn't mind Houston or McCauley, McCauley in the 2nd would be a gamble, but could pay off.

Houston....he has the measureables, and he did shut down the top wr talent in this draft...but who knows *shrug*

I think CB is one of the few positions in football where measureables aren't overrated.

Jughead10
04-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm not saying Poz as #3 is shocking, in fact I agree, but a bunch of Giants fans seem to think he is far and away the #1 OLB

He is the most ready to play right away. Between that and the fact that the Giants have been reported to have spoken with him at both the Senior Bowl and combine, I think most Giants fans just want him to be the #1 linebacker. He is certainly the most decorated as far as college career and people in NY/NJ area catch a lot of State games.

bigbluedefense
04-23-2007, 09:51 AM
You know, I was thinking about this.

And is there much of a difference between Poz and Greenway?

I hated Greenway last year, but like Poz this year. I dunno, am I being hypocritical in that regards?

Jughead10
04-23-2007, 10:04 AM
You know, I was thinking about this.

And is there much of a difference between Poz and Greenway?

I hated Greenway last year, but like Poz this year. I dunno, am I being hypocritical in that regards?

Poz is a lot stronger than Greenway. Greenway was just soft all over. Upper and lower body. Poz is bit more compact.

hugegmenfan
04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Poz is a lot stronger than Greenway. Greenway was just soft all over. Upper and lower body. Poz is bit more compact.

greenway is faster also

bigbluedefense
04-23-2007, 10:09 AM

Yeah, if I remember correctly, Poz is just a lot tougher than Greenway.

Poz reminds me of Zach Thomas. Greenway reminds me of.....a pooo c.

Jughead10
04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
greenway is faster also

Greenway ran slow as **** at the combine last year. I think he ran faster at the Iowa proday but if I am remember correctly almost everyone at the Iowa pro day ran about .15 faster than they did at the combine. That was a little fishy.

bigbluedefense
04-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Greenway ran slow as **** at the combine last year. I think he ran faster at the Iowa proday but if I am remember correctly almost everyone at the Iowa pro day ran about .15 faster than they did at the combine. That was a little fishy.

Greenyway is a young Carlos Emmons.

Lol, I still picture the tree pic you made. Hilarious.

Jughead10
04-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Greenyway is a young Carlos Emmons.

Lol, I still picture the tree pic you made. Hilarious.

I didn't make it. Only sutmbled upon it.