PDA

View Full Version : S.P's FINAL mock of 2007.

Severe Punishment
04-20-2007, 11:08 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/Severe%20Punishment.aspx

I realize that all the picks aren't in the correct order, this wasn't designed to be an exact draft. with that said.
Leave some feedback as to the players your team ends up with on it. and whether or not you'd be happy if your team ended up with those guys.

hugegmenfan
04-20-2007, 11:12 PM
bad giants draft
we are DEF taking defense earlier than round 3
i understand the staley pick, not a big fan but its ok but booker in the 2nd? thats absurd- hes a 3-4 round pick give us alan branch, houston or revis there tho
anthony gonzalez, wilson or everett round 2
james marten round 3 is a great steal
may be mason crosby there actually

49erfaithful
04-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Great first 2 Rounds for SF. Not a real fan of Free in the 3rd and a RB should be taken to backup Gore. But pretty good other wise

Jensen
04-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Good 1st 2 rounds and 4th round picks, but we don't need a MLB right now, Hayes is fine.

The Dynasty
04-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I know that you like Quinn and he is the model QB and yes he would fit our system but IMO I feel that Adrian Peterson is a higher prospect in Quinn and would bring more to the team. Having an elite 2 RB System and which is what childress wants to do is Run Run Run would be more beneficial than Quinn because You can atleast use 2 RB but not 2 Qb's. I still wouldnt mind seeing either of them in purple but i still have faith in TJ. 2nd Round, I love it nothing better than getting once was a top 10 prospect in the top 10 of the 2nd round although he doesnt have speed, the vikings need the big guy so good pick. 3rd round dont know much about him but after looking into him he is a big guy like Pat Williams. Then in the 4th round the kid for Hawai'i he has good speed and hopefully will become a good pass rusher for us. Not bad of a Mock. Surprised about Marshawn though.

T-RICH49
04-20-2007, 11:54 PM
give KC Craig Davis in RD 2 and it is a perfect draft

Go_Eagles77
04-21-2007, 11:03 AM
eagles -

1.A
2.C+
3.D

G-Men88
04-21-2007, 11:14 AM
You should probablly change it up considering this is one of the worst Giants drafts i've ever seen. Staley is a project at LT and the Giants don't need that. Alan branch if he falls. The Giants don't need a RB, taking one in the 2nd round is very bad, especially reaching for Booker when he is considered a 3rd-4th round player. Josh Wilson in the 2nd and James Marten in the 3rd

jackalope
04-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Alright Packer's mock. No real "bad" picks for the Packer's but i don't like it too much overall. We should probably address Running Back at some point on day 1.

Also, I don't see Lynch falling to the second.

Vikes99ej
04-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Dwayne Jarrett and Brady Quinn.... oh lordy...

TeachNC79
04-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Revis would be a good pick at 25 for the Jets. Pitcock has agreta motor and is a Mangini type hustle palyer but Marcus Thomas has more upside and talent.Of course he has some character concerns. But I would rather have thomas over pitcock if drafting dline. The jets may shy away from the character issues though.

kalbears13
04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
1)Jamarcus Russell- personally not a big fan of Jamarcus but definitely a possibility even though Savage and Crennel's jobs are on the line and might need an immediate impact. Someone like Russell shouldn't be rushed into a starting role, which is what they need someone to be able to do.
2)Ryan Kalil- Not a bad pick.
3)Tanard Jackson- Not a bad pick either. It would be Bodden and Jackson. Holly would be a backup.
4)Brian Leonard- We drafted the second best FB in the draft last year with Vickers. Both players are tweeners so this pick wouldn't help us.

RaiderNation
04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
1st GREAT
2nd bad,EDWARDS,KALIL,MOSS
3rdA good
3rd B ??????? wheres it at
4th DE and DT are bigger needs

Donkey Punch
04-21-2007, 01:18 PM
It's nice to see someone think outside the box a little bit although I prefer mock drafts that project some trades. Here are my thoughts:
*Jamaal Anderson is not a top 6 pick.
*I think Quinn does end up in Minny unless the Dolphins jump ahead of them, which is a distinct possibility (trade w/Washington)
*Meriweather's character issues will push him down the board, especially with Reggie Nelson & Michael Griffin still on the board as you predict
*Jacksonville won't invest another 1st round pick on a WR
*I like how you show Alan Branch falling down the board. I guarantee this happens next Saturday.
*Revis will be off the board before pick #25
*Sears, Rice, Miller, & especially Alexander are not 1st round picks. In fact, Alexander probably doesn't get picked until round 3.
*Marshawn Lynch, Dwayne Bowe, & Jarvis Moss falling to midway through round 2? Where did that come from? You better do more research next time.
*If the Rams get Spencer in round 2, they'll have the steal of the draft.

DeathbyStat
04-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Aaron Rouse is an awfull pick for the steelers

JPF
04-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Well, I've been saying I wish someone would go out on a limb for the Panthers...someone did and it cracked underneath them.

Panthers will not be the team to take a chance on Merriweather, especially in the first. The owner is too big on character after the past issues in the late 90's/early 00's.

Siler ehh, I think it's too early for him.

Panthers drafting a Qb on day one? Not likely after signing Carr.

Panther really have no need at corner.

All in all, I pretty bad mock from the Panthers point of view.

fenikz
04-21-2007, 01:57 PM
give the cardinals Moss in the 2nd and its a good draft

although we Harris is probably BPA there we dont need a ILB, give us Durant there

& bush is an iffy in the 4th we have shipp who is healty and plays the same style so i doubt they would grab him

give us a CB/S

PalmerToCJ
04-21-2007, 02:33 PM
I'd rather the Bengals take Branch/Nelson/Revis in the 1st, not to say Hall has no chance I just think Revis is a better fit for us and Branch/Nelson may be BPA.

Not bad 2nd, 4th is very interesting... I'd rather take Tony Hunt though.

Severe Punishment
04-21-2007, 04:11 PM
This is it ? this all the fans on this board with an opinion ???? C'mon , get in on this.

Marshawn Lynch had an allegation of hitting his g/f. I promise you
that his stock takes a dip because of this. Teams don't invest heavily at the RB anyway...and to think his stock didn't suffer after that is foolish. He's a decent back, I've seen him in numerous games and he to me is a poor man's Lawrence Maroney. He's undersized and doesn't catch the ball all that well out of the backfield. His blocking was at times horrendous.
He's falling...and he'll be praying some team opens his chute before the end of the 2nd round.

Oklahoma OLB's have faired pretty well in the NFL. Alexander is vastly under rated and Indy MUST replace Cato June there. Alexander isn't as fast but is slightly better in coverage and every bit as good against the run. DT's in this draft are going to fall because of character concerns and the Colts could very well get one in round 4 with starting potential.

Also, the Giants fans.....must be from NY , unless you give them who they want ,..they just cry. So what though ? Staley is a better LT prospect than the next 4 on the board. [Brown,Sears,Ugoh,Free] They dumped their starting LT, lost their franchise back and unless the Giants orginization is content with Eli Manning scrambling ability they're going to address it in the first 2 rounds. I'm a big Brandon Jacobs fan..but he is what he is a short yardage back with decent speed. He's way to big and lacks elusivness ...if he's given the rock 25 times a game consistently he's going to have his career shortend. Lorenzo Booker is extremely effective
out of the backfield not only carrying and streching defenses laterally...he catches the ball better than ANY other RB in this draft. Period.
And if anyone thinks gambling on Sam Maddison to make it through another year injury free is only kidding themselves. The need fresh talent.
Irons isn't "top tier" talent but he worlds better than what's there right now.

Severe Punishment
04-21-2007, 04:16 PM
give the cardinals Moss in the 2nd and its a good draft
although we Harris is probably BPA there we dont need a ILB, give us Durant there
& bush is an iffy in the 4th we have shipp who is healty and plays the same style so i doubt they would grab him
give us a CB/S
Holy crap..Gerald Hayes had 1 okay year....let's not anoit him the future
of the middle for the Cards. Not only is Harris pure defensive leader he's
a maniac at playing behind the line of scrimmage. Hayes plays more reactional where Harris is instinctive. To suggest that there's "no need"
for an ILB is nonsense. at the VERY least he'd drastically improve the depth ...unless you want to suggest that Monty Biesel is worth more than the bucket of snot I do.

Bush is a first round talent if he's healthy. Shipp is a part of the punchline that is the joke of an offense that struggled for years before Denny Green got there.

princefielder28
04-21-2007, 04:24 PM
not a big fan of GB's last two picks

neko4
04-21-2007, 04:29 PM
green Bay wont skip on Lynch
Ben Patrick and Zach Miller are both good enough to be 2nd rounders. Okay 3rd and 4th
that fine young gent had something intelligent to say
Even if Lynch had these allegations againts him Green Bay will still take him because RB is the biggest need and how can you say teams dont invest heavily on backs. The cheifs offense is based on LJ

PoopSandwich
04-21-2007, 04:32 PM
You would be surprised if Miami picked Peterson even though they already have Ronnie Brown?

I would be shocked TBH.

Severe Punishment
04-21-2007, 04:33 PM
It's nice to see someone think outside the box a little bit although I prefer mock drafts that project some trades. Here are my thoughts:
*Jamaal Anderson is not a top 6 pick.
*I think Quinn does end up in Minny unless the Dolphins jump ahead of them, which is a distinct possibility (trade w/Washington)
*Meriweather's character issues will push him down the board, especially with Reggie Nelson & Michael Griffin still on the board as you predict
*Jacksonville won't invest another 1st round pick on a WR
*I like how you show Alan Branch falling down the board. I guarantee this happens next Saturday.
*Revis will be off the board before pick #25
*Sears, Rice, Miller, & especially Alexander are not 1st round picks. In fact, Alexander probably doesn't get picked until round 3.
*Marshawn Lynch, Dwayne Bowe, & Jarvis Moss falling to midway through round 2? Where did that come from? You better do more research next time.
*If the Rams get Spencer in round 2, they'll have the steal of the draft.
As if picking players of teams and their schemes isn't hard enough you want me to put in trades ??? put the crack pipe down. Doing 4 rounds where I didn't have to match up value in trades and equal everything out realistically only took 3 hours. You want to do that ? be my guest.
Lynch will slide because of those allegations (right or wrong the NFL teams #1 thing they shy away from is violence against women) Plus RB's aren't valued as a whole. Peterson will go round 1....but there's no other talent that belongs with him in the first round.
Bowe had a decent year when he had the #1 D to keep those games close and Craig Davis on the other side....don't get me wrong I like him and all...but don't see him as a gamebreaking dynamic WR. Big strong possession WR's aren't that uncommon in the league. And ceratinly not valued over the other guys I have there.

Severe Punishment
04-21-2007, 04:35 PM
You would be surprised if Miami picked Peterson even though they already have Ronnie Brown?

I would be shocked TBH.
Especially if Ricky Williams isn't allowed his reinstatment.
Ronnie Brown was more productive per carry WITH Williams than
being "the man" last year...which was nothing to write home about.

Severe Punishment
04-21-2007, 04:36 PM
that fine young gent had something intelligent to say
Even if Lynch had these allegations againts him Green Bay will still take him because RB is the biggest need and how can you say teams dont invest heavily on backs. The cheifs offense is based on LJ
LJ late 20's for a guy that ran for 2000 yards (one of 4 I believe to have ever done that) was a steal. I promise you it wasn't their intention to go RB with Priest already there and being the reigning MVP.

757Dawg
04-21-2007, 04:37 PM
After going offense twice the Browns attack their pathetic passing defense. Jackson that will make either Holly or Bowden just a bad memory.

Umm...what?

I take it you meant Bodden. The same Bodden who is one of the up and coming corners in the AFC. Jackson makes him just a bad memory? Yeah, okay.

And there's no chance Brian Leonard falls to day 2.

G-Men88
04-21-2007, 04:51 PM
David Diehl is moving to LT for the Giants so we don't need an OT in the first round especially a project like Joe Staley because we need an immediate starter. And we can't afford to draft a RB in the 2nd when he would be third on the depth chart. Giants needs: CB, OLB, WR, OL, TE, S

Sniper
04-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Great first round pick for the Eagles, pretty good in the second though I'm inclined to think they go David Harris instead. Brian Leonard is a 3rd round option (in your mock) Michael Bush is another because I don't think Higgins is that good. And Westbrook only returned punts very late in the season, the rest of the time it was the phenomenal Reno Mahe

TheChampIsHere
04-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Holy crap..Gerald Hayes had 1 okay year....let's not anoit him the future
of the middle for the Cards. Not only is Harris pure defensive leader he's
a maniac at playing behind the line of scrimmage. Hayes plays more reactional where Harris is instinctive. To suggest that there's "no need"
for an ILB is nonsense. at the VERY least he'd drastically improve the depth ...unless you want to suggest that Monty Biesel is worth more than the bucket of snot I do.

Bush is a first round talent if he's healthy. Shipp is a part of the punchline that is the joke of an offense that struggled for years before Denny Green got there.

regardless, MLB is not a day 1 need for the Cards. If theyre gonna take a LB its gonna be an OLB. And Hayes was very strong for the Cards and was a bright spot on a disappointing defense.

Caddy
04-22-2007, 07:35 AM
The only pick I think is half decent in the Buc draft is Abiamiri

eaglesalltheway
04-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I like the Griffin Pick for the Eagles, but that is all. In the second I would prefer any of the DEs like Johnson, Woodley, or Abiamiri. As for our third, it should be changed to Brian Leonard. The Eagles are looking at him as a possible second round pick, and if he was available in the third, we just might set the record for the fastest pick in Draft History.