PDA

View Full Version : Which rookie qb will start first?

TimD
08-18-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm curious to see what you guys think... personally i say Kellen Clemens but there are some others who might start before him...

Scotty D
08-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Leinart due to injury to Kurt Warner.

GB12
08-18-2006, 09:34 PM
clemons

Staubach12
08-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Clemons. He'll be good, too.

08-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Clemens. I have 0 confidence that Pennington will make it past week 5.

Twiddler
08-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Because of who he has ahead of him, Clemens.

I fixed it now, everybody happy? :lol:

danman253
08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Clemons or Young. Clemons prolly based on Pennington's history. For some reason i get the vibe that Fischer is gonna start VY half way throught the year

moc182
08-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Young. The Cards and Broncos will be in contention so I don't expect to see Leinart or Cutler till opening day 07. I'd guess the Vince Young era will begin around week 5 or 6, with Clemens following close behind hopefully.

Material Issues
08-18-2006, 10:23 PM
I'd be shocked if Fisher lets himself get pressured into starting Young.

Jonathan_VIlma
08-18-2006, 10:27 PM
His name is Kellen Clemens.

And he or Leinart will probably be starting first. The Cards are a couple of offensive lineman short before they compete, and the Jets are in a rebuilding mode (without a starter). Young has too long to go and Cutler is on a postseason team.

SuperMcGee
08-18-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm gonna say Young.
It's irking me how many people are misspelling Clemens

elway777
08-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Hopefully not Cutler,because it would be saying alot of Jake and our season.

smittyjs
08-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Clemens or Young, and maybe Jackson if johnson goes down.

08-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Young, when TEN is out of contention the fans will be calling for him

Beans
08-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Out of that list, I would say Leinart, but a suprise choice could be Tavaris Jackson.

If the Vikings don't play up to par this year and Brad Johnson begins to struggle, I think Childress could put Jackson in to give him some experience and perhaps a breath of fresh air or the team. From what I've seen from him in the preseason so far, he's looked impressive.

cunningham06
08-19-2006, 10:42 AM
I'd say Clemens. Pennington will undoubtedly get hurt again this season, and if Ramsey really has the #2 spot they will quickly realize just how bad he is, and Clemens will get the nod.

HokiesSkins2621
08-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Kellen Clemons not Kellon.

cunningham06
08-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Kellen Clemons not Kellon.

Kellen Clemens not Clemons.

portermvp84
08-19-2006, 11:25 AM
I'd say Vince Young because how long do they want to wait to see what this guy has. Billy Volek could probably hold down the fort if he started, but the team will want to take a look at Vince Young. It won't be Leinart quite yet because I think the Cards might pull a Carson Palmer. It won't be Jay Cutler because look who is in front of him, and also they want to pull a Carson Palmer. The Jets are a crapshoot and could start anyone. I think the safest bet would be Vince Young.

duckseason
08-19-2006, 11:35 AM
The odds favor Clemens or Leinart, just based on who the starter is for their respective squads.

Material Issues
08-19-2006, 11:40 AM
I'd say Vince Young because how long do they want to wait to see what this guy has. Billy Volek could probably hold down the fort if he started, but the team will want to take a look at Vince Young. It won't be Leinart quite yet because I think the Cards might pull a Carson Palmer.

This makes little sense. The most NFL ready rookie QB will not sit for longer than the least NFL ready QB named.

draftguru151
08-19-2006, 11:44 AM
I'd say Vince Young because how long do they want to wait to see what this guy has. Billy Volek could probably hold down the fort if he started, but the team will want to take a look at Vince Young. It won't be Leinart quite yet because I think the Cards might pull a Carson Palmer.

This makes little sense. The most NFL ready rookie QB will not sit for longer than the least NFL ready QB named.

It depends on the situation of the team more than the player himself. Also the fact that Leinart missed all that time isn't gonna help him.

Material Issues
08-19-2006, 11:50 AM

It depends on the situation of the team more than the player himself. Also the fact that Leinart missed all that time isn't gonna help him.

even with that missed time he could still be ready to play this year whereas Young won't be ready to start this year no matter what.

smittyjs
08-19-2006, 11:59 AM

even with that missed time he could still be ready to play this year whereas Young won't be ready to start this year no matter what.

How?? Young has picked up the playbook much faster than mcnair did when he was a rookie, he'll be ready to see some starting time at the end of the season. Leinart start this year?? he is in green dog house right now and will have to show something this preseason.

Material Issues
08-19-2006, 12:22 PM

How?? Young has picked up the playbook much faster than mcnair did when he was a rookie, he'll be ready to see some starting time at the end of the season. Leinart start this year?? he is in green dog house right now and will have to show something this preseason.

Young is stil extremely raw at making reads on the defense. He may be picking up on the playbook but he isn't ready to run a team and make the right reads and plays.

draftguru151
08-19-2006, 12:23 PM
I would rather have someone who knows the playbook and makes slow reads than someone who doesn't know the playbook and makes quick reads.

Basileus777
08-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I would rather have someone who knows the playbook and makes slow reads than someone who doesn't know the playbook and makes quick reads.

Only in the very short term. Its much easier to learn a playbook than to learn to read defenses more quickly.

smittyjs
08-19-2006, 12:50 PM

Young is stil extremely raw at making reads on the defense. He may be picking up on the playbook but he isn't ready to run a team and make the right reads and plays.

he is allready a better leader than Volek IMO, but yes he is raw, but has showed improvements with reading defensive plays, i'm not worried about play calling right now, we will be running alot of shorgun plays(Compared to what Chow did last year) early in his career.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-19-2006, 02:06 PM
I say Clemons cause Pennington is always hurt, and Patrick Ramsey belongs in the CFL.

portermvp84
08-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Clemmens has a good chance, it all depends if Pennington and Ramsey stay healthy.

08-19-2006, 04:52 PM

its more because of the talent of the QB in front of them than it is NFL-readiness that will decide who plays first.

Dam8610
08-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Vincent Young. There's already been many rumors that the Titans definitely want to get him in at some point in the season, and I heard a rumor recently that he might start from week 1.

Scotty D
08-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Vincent Young. There's already been many rumors that the Titans definitely want to get him in at some point in the season, and I heard a rumor recently that he might start from week 1.

Start a series each half is what I've heard.

Splat
08-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Leinart due to injury to Kurt Warner.

No Chad will get hurt before Warner i say Kellon Clemons.

RCAChainGang
08-23-2006, 09:35 PM
I don't see any of these QB's starting very quick, but I think Matt Leinart has te best chance to start first.