PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with Bobby Kennedy?

Billingsley26
04-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Now I remember watching a show in which there was some conspiracy behind the little indian boy who killed him, I think his name was Sirhan Sirhan. I remember this show having something to do with a amn standing in the back of a photograph holding a camera...not 100% sure, but what was the real theory behind it. All Ive heard is that he wanted citizenship, so the CIA told hi to kill Bobby, and you got it..smart kid eh, kill a man and go to jail, but you still have ur citizenship!

duckseason
04-21-2007, 06:49 PM
We need some x-files theme music in here.

SuperKevin
04-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Now I remember watching a show in which there was some conspiracy behind the little indian boy who killed him, I think his name was Sirhan Sirhan. I remember this show having something to do with a amn standing in the back of a photograph holding a camera...not 100% sure, but what was the real theory behind it. All Ive heard is that he wanted citizenship, so the CIA told hi to kill Bobby, and you got it..smart kid eh, kill a man and go to jail, but you still have ur citizenship!

He was an arab and it had to do a lot with foreign policy in the middle east and with isreal

Scott Wright
04-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Has anyone seen that movie "Bobby"? I heard it is good and put it on my Netflix query for after the draft...

cardsalltheway
04-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Has anyone seen that movie "Bobby"? I heard it is good and put it on my Netflix query for after the draft...

I just saw it tonight and it's kinda confusing. There's a bunch of random charcters that have very little at all to do with him and it didn't really come together until the end. It's not bad though.

Don Vito
04-21-2007, 11:13 PM

I liked it, it was a very interesting and very factual account of what happened to Robert Kennedy. It also had one of the best casts I have ever seen in a movie.

cardsalltheway
04-21-2007, 11:17 PM
I liked it, it was a very interesting and very factual account of what happened to Robert Kennedy. It also had one of the best casts I have ever seen in a movie.

The ending is good, but they spend about 15 minutes on him and the actual murder.

49erfaithful
04-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I just saw it tonight and it's kinda confusing. There's a bunch of random charcters that have very little at all to do with him and it didn't really come together until the end. It's not bad though.

I think the movie is supposed to focus more on the people working at the hotel he stayed in

cardsalltheway
04-21-2007, 11:53 PM
I think the movie is supposed to focus more on the people working at the hotel he stayed in

Clearly, but I was expecting it to focus on him when I bought it and the randomness of the characters threw me off some.

Billingsley26
04-22-2007, 12:06 AM

Ya it was a telling of the event. The person I was with when I saw it all movie just kept saying hey look theres William Macy, Toby Mcguire, Elijah Woods, Courtney Cox, Leslie Hunt...and so on, ite never ended lol. Still was a good movie...thats actually what brought me up to asking this. But anyone have the real conspiracy?? Am i somwhat close to it?

adschofield
04-22-2007, 01:36 AM
It was very disappointing, the writing was bad (It was written by Emilio Estevez). It was like a Robert Altman film gone bad.

adschofield
04-22-2007, 01:40 AM
But anyone have the real conspiracy?? Am i somwhat close to it?
I think there are a couple of different theories for his death... I watched a documentary on the History Channel about the assassination of RFK, but I really can't remember the specifics... I think the main theory was that there was a second shooter and that the person charged with the crime was brainwashed by the CIA. JKF's assassination is stranger than RFK's, but that's another story.

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-22-2007, 01:51 AM
I think there are a couple of different theories for his death... I watched a documentary on the History Channel about the assassination of RFK, but I really can't remember the specifics... I think the main theory was that there was a second shooter and that the person charged with the crime was brainwashed by the CIA. JKF's assassination is stranger than RFK's, but that's another story.
Id have to disagree with you I find JFKs assassination to be less strange.And yes Ive heard about that conspiracy theory.IT also says Sirhan Sirhan was brainwashed.

moc182
04-22-2007, 02:19 AM
There are theories that Sirhan Sirhan got hyponotized and killed Kennedy. Also their are people who say they sawe a girl in a polka dotted dfress run out of the hotel he got killed in yelling we killed him.

drowe
04-22-2007, 10:23 AM

Scott, I saw 'Bobby' in the theatres and i loved it. i'm kind of a US history nerd. but it does a great job displaying the national mood and tying it to the significance of the assassination. Really good movie. out of all the new releases out, that is the one i would recommend. But it frustrated the hell outa me. to think that one pissed off little dude, with seemingly no motive could take out a man that had a very good chance of uniting people when things were looking really grim.

as far as the conspiracy, the holy bible on the subject is a book by Turner and Christian called "The Assassination of Robert Kennedy" I've read it. it is very good. some pretty wild theories though. we're talking Sirhan Sirhan being hypnotized into shooting RFK. good read though. i could go on forever as this is one of my favorite subjects, but for now, i've rambled long enough.

PalmerToCJ
04-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I almost made a thread about JFK's and wondering if anyone actually still believes in the conspiracy theory since it's been proven wrong in every way.

drowe
04-22-2007, 11:31 AM
I almost made a thread about JFK's and wondering if anyone actually still believes in the conspiracy theory since it's been proven wrong in every way.

don't even get me started.

anybody who believes Lee Harvey Oswald acted completely alone is a sheep that will believe anything the government tells 'em.

adschofield
04-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I didn't believe the JFK conspiracy theory until I went to the JFK assassination museum in Dallas. It's a great museum.

BigDawg819
04-22-2007, 02:11 PM

And how exactly has it been proven wrong?