PDA

View Full Version : Jared Zabransky?

boisefan
04-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Think the Texans will draft Z? My bet is that he will be around past the 5th round, and would be a wise pick for the Texans. He has heart, can make quick throws, and is very mobile (which Carr wasn't). I heard that the Texans were interested in him as well. he went 33-5, can run, and has proven that he can get the job done when the pressure is on.

Any thoughts about Z, or any other QB the texans might draft?

America
04-22-2007, 12:13 AM
I don't know if we really need him cause the staff has a lot of faith in Sage. We don't usually have more than 2 QBs on the roster anyways. Zabransky should try to become an Antwan Randel El player, I don't see his game translating to the NFL, depsite his winning record and competitiveness.

boisefan
04-22-2007, 10:53 AM
It would be worth a shot to take him in a late round and have him sit and learn the system for a year or two. It never hurts to have a few backup QB's, and Z is a smart kid, who can learn systems as good as anyone out there.

neko4
04-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Think the Texans will draft Z? My bet is that he will be around past the 5th round, and would be a wise pick for the Texans. He has heart, can make quick throws, and is very mobile (which Carr wasn't). I heard that the Texans were interested in him as well. he went 33-5, can run, and has proven that he can get the job done when the pressure is on.

Any thoughts about Z, or any other QB the texans might draft?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268
Carr had 1200 ryds in his career. Carr is mobile, just doesnt have a good sense for the rush.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-22-2007, 11:17 AM
not gonna happen...

boisefan
04-22-2007, 11:24 AM
well, any other QB texans would pick? im not saying it has to be Z, though i believe he could fit texans system well.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-22-2007, 01:50 PM
well, any other QB texans would pick? im not saying it has to be Z, though i believe he could fit texans system well.

not gonna happen...

i guess you could think of schaub as the texans 2nd round pick if you're desperate...

cunningham06
04-22-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't see us drafting a qb. I agree with what America said, when we've played Rosenfels he has done quite well for us.

primetime0506
04-23-2007, 09:49 PM
hey carr is moblie idiot he juss had a bad line that y he was sacked so much

boisefan
04-23-2007, 09:58 PM

Don't call me an idiot, and work on your spelling/grammer please.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-23-2007, 10:49 PM

you, my good sir, are a freaking moron...

there's a difference between being mobile and being able to be mobile within the pocket...

carr has no feel for the game, that's why he got sacked so much...

America
04-23-2007, 10:52 PM
you, my good sir, are a freaking moron...

there's a difference between being mobile and being able to be mobile within the pocket...

carr has no feel for the game, that's why he got sacked so much...

Easy...Carr is mobile, he can feel the rush, just way too much cause he got destroyed in the pocket. He did a good job here when it came to picking up some 1st downs escaping and running with it.

boisefan
04-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Easy...Carr is mobile, he can feel the rush, just way too much cause he got destroyed in the pocket. He did a good job here when it came to picking up some 1st downs escaping and running with it.

Lets face it, you HAVE to be mobile if your playing for the Texans... Could you see Payton Manning behind center?

That would almost be entertaining...

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Lets face it, you HAVE to be mobile if your playing for the Texans... Could you see Payton Manning behind center?

That would almost be entertaining...

what would be entertaining would be seeing an actual nfl quality qb under center for the texans so that the general population could see that the line is fine and that the qb was the main problem...

the ol isn't top 5 or anything like that, but carr made them look much, much worse than they are...

there's a reason that they looked horrible when carr was in, then all of a sudden were a cohesive unit when sage was in...

raidersfan86
04-23-2007, 11:31 PM
hes a very good quarterback, he lead his team to an unbeaten record and they played a tough non conference schedule... people dont realize their non conference schedule was actually 5th in the country last season

jjmt2500
04-24-2007, 01:07 AM
what would be entertaining would be seeing an actual nfl quality qb under center for the texans so that the general population could see that the line is fine and that the qb was the main problem...

the ol isn't top 5 or anything like that, but carr made them look much, much worse than they are...

there's a reason that they looked horrible when carr was in, then all of a sudden were a cohesive unit when sage was in...

Sage only threw 35 passes last year... if he was the starter he would of had a high sack number as well.. And its not like they were a "cohesive unit" against a great team, they were playing the Titans. Some of it was Carr's fault.. but the line has to take credit for most of the sacks... Once Jake D gets benched we will get to see just how good Carr can be behind a good line...

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Sage only threw 35 passes last year... if he was the starter he would of had a high sack number as well.. And its not like they were a "cohesive unit" against a great team, they were playing the Titans. Some of it was Carr's fault.. but the line has to take credit for most of the sacks... Once Jake D gets benched we will get to see just how good Carr can be behind a good line...

carr was sacked 4 times in that game...

sage was sacked 0 times...

you can't tell me that you honestly believe that was a coincidence...

it's not like the entire ol became all-pros during half time...

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 09:51 AM
So you are saying you think SAGE ROSENFELS has a "feel for the game?"

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-24-2007, 09:54 AM
So you are saying you think SAGE ROSENFELS has a "feel for the game?"

moreso than carr does...

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 10:14 AM
And what about Matt Schaub... in his whole 2 games he has started in 4 years in the NFL what do you think about his "feel for the game"?

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
And what about Matt Schaub... in his whole 2 games he has started in 4 years in the NFL what do you think about his "feel for the game"?

i couldn't tell you...

i have never seen him play...

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I think Z is a good player, and fun to watch. But this team needs a real quarterback, not a Doug Flutie wanna be (and I love Doug Flutie too.) That said, I think the Texans would be very well off if they managed to get Peterson in the first and then surprised everyone and picked Drew Stanton with their next pick.

boisefan
04-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I think Z is a good player, and fun to watch. But this team needs a real quarterback, not a Doug Flutie wanna be (and I love Doug Flutie too.) That said, I think the Texans would be very well off if they managed to get Peterson in the first and then surprised everyone and picked Drew Stanton with their next pick.

Stanton would be a good pick for Texans, but Z wouldn't be bad for a late round pick.

pswizz
04-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Why would picking an injury prone poor quarterback who makes poor decisions be a good pick? We had that before with David Carr except Carr was one tough mother f-er. We would just have a Carr wannabe who is injured all the time! If this team takes a quarterback this year I will be upset, especially after trading for Shaub and losing our 2nd round pick!

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 04:18 PM
I dont agree. I think that with someone as totally unproven as Schaub it can't hurt to have a plan B. I also disagree with your assessment of Stanton. Yes he did sometimes fold a little in tight spots, but that guy is as much of a gamer as I can remember seeing. I like the way he plays and though I have no real statistical basis I just see something special in him. I think he and Z are similar style players, but Stanton is more physically equiped to excel.

boisefan
04-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I dont agree. I think that with someone as totally unproven as Schaub it can't hurt to have a plan B. I also disagree with your assessment of Stanton. Yes he did sometimes fold a little in tight spots, but that guy is as much of a gamer as I can remember seeing. I like the way he plays and though I have no real statistical basis I just see something special in him. I think he and Z are similar style players, but Stanton is more physically equiped to excel.

I just think Stanton is WAY overrated. He didn't even have a great college career. Someone has to see something good in him I guess, but I dont, when I saw the games he played, nothing stuck out and made me think he could go in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

morknolle
04-27-2007, 12:18 AM
I think Zabransky is a pretty nice fit for our offense. If he was available in the 6th or 7th round I could see them maybe taking him, but no higher. At that point you just take the guy you think is the best player, and I could see them considering him the best player at some point in those last two rounds. QB isn't much of a need at this point though, they are obviously banking on Schaub turning into a stud and we know Rosenfels is a solid backup, so there isn't much need to draft one.

boisefan
04-30-2007, 07:55 PM
IT IS OFFICIAL, ZABRANSKY GOT SIGNED BY THE TEXANS.
I take full credit for this prediction...or idea =)

jayceheathman
05-02-2007, 01:19 AM

LOL to everyone that said it wouldnt happen. Nice prediction.

VY10
05-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Good call, now he just has to make the team.

datchapin
05-03-2007, 06:26 PM

So now that your prediction came through fill us in. Why do you think he chose us? What does he bring to the team? Do you see him being an understudy for a yr. or two? I like the signing, lots of competition at every spot.

Billingsley26
05-03-2007, 11:27 PM
So now that your prediction came through fill us in. Why do you think he chose us? What does he bring to the team? Do you see him being an understudy for a yr. or two? I like the signing, lots of competition at every spot.

I remember reporting this a little while ago. They were saying that Kubiak liked his mobility and the fact that he has great pocket awareness. Considering the fact that the OL isnt the strongest, he thinks that Zabransky could fit in nicely. Obviously he's probably got some things to work on, accuracy, reads, but hes fresh outta college, sho doesn't? He Probably wont see much time unless Shaub were to get hurt. Zabransky brings leadership. I think hes the best leader in this draft. Hes a winner flat out, 33-5 record in college. I think he will be a student for probably at least 1-2 years. I love this signing tho. I think he could be solid in Houston.

iKNOW
05-04-2007, 03:23 AM
a decent pickup as it cost nothing. Z is clutch and a winner and that is important.

boisefan
05-04-2007, 08:34 AM

Look at your QB roster, you have 1 starter and about 3 others that might not even make the team. Z could come in as number 2, for sure number 3, and just sit and learn the system. Over time, he could easily step up for the Texans, or become a starter if he puts a lot of hard work into his mechanics. Remember, you got a QB that turned a whole football team around (Boise State) and went 33-5, with a BCS bowl victory that wasn't suppost to be one by Boise at all.

The kid has heart.

Billingsley26
05-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Look at your QB roster, you have 1 starter and about 3 others that might not even make the team. Z could come in as number 2, for sure number 3, and just sit and learn the system. Over time, he could easily step up for the Texans, or become a starter if he puts a lot of hard work into his mechanics. Remember, you got a QB that turned a whole football team around (Boise State) and went 33-5, with a BCS bowl victory that wasn't suppost to be one by Boise at all.

The kid has heart.

Listen to him man! Im telling you, me and boisefan, are the only ones who gave support to this guy. I guess what he did at BSU was not enough for people to see. They will just have to wait and see. I think he could be good, under a coach like Kubiak, it could work out very well.

primetime0506
05-04-2007, 04:08 PM
shut up boise guys damn u called it well i called okoye over month and a half ago and rosenthauls will make the roster and Z will be practice squad at best we only carry to qb's

Billingsley26
05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
First of all, Okoye to the Texans was not as difficult to call as Z to the texans was. Second of all, get your grammar down right. Third of all, they will go with 3 QB's, theres no way they only go with two, especially with the OL play, and the recent QB problems. Schaub is nice, but we're all yet to see if he can actually carry a team the entire season.

Nightmares Win 6-0
05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
sweet, we have someone to compete with porter for a ps spot...

datchapin
05-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Listen to him man! Im telling you, me and boisefan, are the only ones who gave support to this guy. I guess what he did at BSU was not enough for people to see. They will just have to wait and see. I think he could be good, under a coach like Kubiak, it could work out very well.

That's the reason I asked, I haven't seen any Boise state games other than the Fiesta Bowl. What kind of arm does he have? Can he make all the throws needed at the next level? What made you guys think he would be such a good fit with the team? I mean I don't mind the hype, but information like what games I should see or what to expect would be nice.

boisefan
05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
That's the reason I asked, I haven't seen any Boise state games other than the Fiesta Bowl. What kind of arm does he have? Can he make all the throws needed at the next level? What made you guys think he would be such a good fit with the team? I mean I don't mind the hype, but information like what games I should see or what to expect would be nice.

Changed Boise State from a average school to 2 undefeated seasons and a great 33-5 record. Handled a Head Coach change when Peterson stepped up for Zabransky's senior year, and went undefeated with a fiesta bowl win in a BCS bowl. His arm strength isn't great, but he can get the ball downfield, as you saw with the 49 yard touchdown pass in the first 5 minutes of the Fiesta bowl. He can run and make plays (scored a 85 yard touchdown run his sopomore year). He makes good decisions (except had a few Int's thrown because of some bad recievers). I believe he finished his senior year with a 13-0 season, 2500+ yards, 66% completion percentage, 23 TD's and 8 Int's, but you could check that for exact stats.

All in all he is a QB with the heart to win, the stats/records/bowl game wins to prove it, and took an average team and changed them into Fiesta bowl winners. And of course, he makes great decisions, and can read defences well.