PDA

View Full Version : The more I think about it the more I really would like to see

iloxygenil
04-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Patrick Willis playing for the Falcons. If Landry and Brown are gone, I think he's my top choice now. Even if Landry is there I think I would like to have Willis, I know it screws everything up, but Brooking is going to be gone soon, I really just like Willis, then again, next years LB crop is intense, so who knows.

Primetime21
04-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Patrick Willis playing for the Falcons. If Landry and Brown are gone, I think he's my top choice now. Even if Landry is there I think I would like to have Willis, I know it screws everything up, but Brooking is going to be gone soon, I really just like Willis, then again, next years LB crop is intense, so who knows.

I know what you mean I have been on the Willis wagon for a while and if Landry is gone(looks more and more like is going to be) then I would want us to go Willis instead of Okeye. A lot of people think Okeye is a lock for being great but DT is too common for busts.

D-Rod
04-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Every year there is a crop of excellent LBs - in fact, it could be argued that this year is a poor crop generally, though I accept that Willis is quality. Fact is, we don't need an LB right now, and it is possibly the easiest position to plug and play as a rookie. Let's hold off on a highly picked LB until we need one - and hopefully, if Beck and Demo step up to the plate this year, that won't be for a long time.

I appreciate that Willis is a good player, who might be good value at #8, but I'd really hate to see us pick him ahead of equally good players at far more important positions of need: FS, LT, DE, DT, OG, RB etc etc etc.

In fact, it could be argued that LB is the ONLY position on defense where we don't need a starter right now.

Willis is a good player, but we just don't need him.