PDA

View Full Version : List of People I would like to see in a Steeler's Uniform

JoeSixPac
04-22-2007, 06:26 PM
This is in no particular order

Jarvis Moss- A great football player who has a lot of upside and can really help replace Joey Porter as a pass rusher.

Leon Hall- A good corner and can really help in support of the run.

Patrick Willis- The best LB in the draft and can add youth to an old LB tandem.

Darrelle Revis- Better in coverage than Leon but not as stout against the run, both are good though

Adam Carriker- A Huge DE who could play a 3-4 DE and help an already great run defense

Alan Branch- Similar to Carriker, it would be like we had two NT in our 3-4 defense along with Casey Hampton

Dwayne Jarrett- Perhaps a second round pick-up, and good player that can compliment Holmes' speed.

Justin Blalock- An extremely strong guy who can learn under Faneca for a year.

Ryan Kalil- A big need now is Center and this guy is the best in this year's class

Ikaika Alama-Francis -Would be a good choice if we don't get a DE in the first 2 rounds.

LaMarr Woodely

richdg
04-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Nice idea. Here are some of the players that I would love to see playing for the Steelers next year. No real order, just names.
Branch DT
Staley OT
Leonard RB/FB
Francis DE
Bazian DE/OLB
Spaeth TE
De Ossie LB
Spencer DE/OLB
Carriker DE
Young C/G
Battle RB/FB
Wendling S
Beck QB
Finnerty QB

Mr. Stiller
04-22-2007, 07:55 PM
This is in no particular order

Jarvis Moss- A great football player who has a lot of upside and can really help replace Joey Porter as a pass rusher.

Leon Hall- A good corner and can really help in support of the run.

Patrick Willis- The best LB in the draft and can add youth to an old LB tandem.

Darrelle Revis- Better in coverage than Leon but not as stout against the run, both are good though

Adam Carriker- A Huge DE who could play a 3-4 DE and help an already great run defense

Alan Branch- Similar to Carriker, it would be like we had two NT in our 3-4 defense along with Casey Hampton

Dwayne Jarrett- Perhaps a second round pick-up, and good player that can compliment Holmes' speed.

Justin Blalock- An extremely strong guy who can learn under Faneca for a year.

Ryan Kalil- A big need now is Center and this guy is the best in this year's class

Ikaika Alama-Francis -Would be a good choice if we don't get a DE in the first 2 rounds.

LaMarr Woodely

We have 4 guys vying for Center... A rookie from 06, Kendall Simmons, Chukky Okobi, and Sean Mahan... no reason to waste a pick on center.

Me?

Staley, LT
Anderson, DE/OLB
Jarrett, WR
Smith, WR
Smith, RB
Smith, DE/OLB
Ramirez, OG
Bradley, ILB/OLB
Robison, DE/OLB

JoeSixPac
04-22-2007, 07:58 PM
We have 4 guys vying for Center... A rookie from 06, Kendall Simmons, Chukky Okobi, and Sean Mahan... no reason to waste a pick on center.

Me?

Staley, LT
Anderson, DE/OLB
Jarrett, WR
Smith, WR
Smith, RB
Smith, DE/OLB
Ramirez, OG
Bradley, ILB/OLB
Robison, DE/OLB

Wow, I never new we were thinking of moving Simmons to the Center. If that happens we need a OG to replace him (ie Blalock)

Mr. Stiller
04-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Wow, I never new we were thinking of moving Simmons to the Center. If that happens we need a OG to replace him (ie Blalock)

I'm thinking Blalock is long gone by round 2 and not worth #15 in one.

Blalock seems stuck to be a RG or RT.

Sears has potential to LG/LT and Grubbs is the best G in the draft.

However I think we're going to sign Faneca back, and draft Ramirez for RG. Ramirez is a phone booth guy that can handle NT's (He's way way stronger than Blalock).

Marvel Smith - Alan Faneca - Chukky Okobi - Sean Mahan - Max Starks
Joe Staley - Willie Colon - Kendall Simmons - Chris Kemoeatu/Manuel Ramirez - Trai Essex

DeathbyStat
04-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm thinking Blalock is long gone by round 2 and not worth #15 in one.

Blalock seems stuck to be a RG or RT.

Sears has potential to LG/LT and Grubbs is the best G in the draft.

However I think we're going to sign Faneca back, and draft Ramirez for RG. Ramirez is a phone booth guy that can handle NT's (He's way way stronger than Blalock).

Marvel Smith - Alan Faneca - Chukky Okobi - Sean Mahan - Max Starks
Joe Staley - Willie Colon - Kendall Simmons - Chris Kemoeatu/Manuel Ramirez - Trai Essex

What makes you think Faneca will be back after next year

Mr. Stiller
04-23-2007, 12:31 AM
What makes you think Faneca will be back after next year

I think we have more cap room than we're credited for..

Plus.. Tuman, Wilson, Townsend, Okobi and other overpaid/underachieving vets will leave us with ample cap room to sign the rookies, Troy, Alan and Ben.

Faneca wouldn't report and be around during the OTA if he wasn't thinking of sticking around. I think the media is blowing the whole Faneca deal up.

richdg
04-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Agreed. I think he will be resigned. Ben can't throw and Parker can't run, if no one is blocking for them.

terribletowel39
04-23-2007, 05:12 PM
smith the OLB
bishop
francis
bowe
davis
crowder
de ossie
and anderson i think like stiller thinks, he could be a monster OLB. our own shawne merriman.

JayA55
04-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Darrelle Revis
Anthony Spencer
Lamarr Woodley
Manuel Ramirez
Antonio Pittman
Desmond Bishop
Levi Brown
Steve Smith
Tim Shaw
Anthony Waters
Antwan Barnes
Tyler Palko
Brandon Siler
Stewart Bradley
Zack Deossie

DeathbyStat
04-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't mind anyone in the first round except

Leon Hall
Levi Brown
Ted Ginn
and Pos

Sorry to be down on my Big Ten Football....I am a Penn State Fan

richdg
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
I agree with that. I think all 4 of those players are overrated. For the 1st round anyway. Any of them in the second would be fine. All will have nice solid careers. None will be stars.

BigRob
04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Joe are you the same guy that torments the Brownie fans on thebrownsboard.com?

JoeSixPac
05-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Joe are you the same guy that torments the Brownie fans on thebrownsboard.com?

If that comment was directed to me, its a no. This is the only football forum I belong to and i try not to insult other teams, except the pats.