PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Teams Unit-By-Unit

Michigan
04-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Go unit by unit and give me your top 3 teams for 2007 (because it's only top three, chances are your favorite team won't be ranked in any category)

Quarterbacks
1. USC
2. Louisville
3. Michigan

Backs
1. USC
2. Arkansas
3. Clemson

Recievers
1. Michigan
2. Florida
3. Purdue

O-Line
1. USC
2. Michigan
3. Alabama

D-Line
1. USC
2. Iowa
3. LSU

Linebackers
1. USC
2. Virginia Tech
3. Ohio State

Defensive Backs
1. Miami (FL)
2. USC
3. Penn State

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-22-2007, 10:28 PM
I think Arkansas backs should be #1.. Even though USC is absolutely stacked McFadden & Felix are already proven to be dominant in a big time conference.

gstock05
04-22-2007, 11:15 PM
How are michigan receivers #1? You guys have Manningham... thats it. I didn't think Arrington was playing this season.

Texas, LSU, Florida, USC all have better receivers than Michigan as a whole.

TCU
04-22-2007, 11:18 PM
TCU deserves some attention in the D-Line area, im not saying top 3 but i have to give credit to my team, but overall i like that list.

DChess
04-23-2007, 12:09 AM
How are michigan receivers #1? You guys have Manningham... thats it. I didn't think Arrington was playing this season.

yeah that was an extremely biased pick by him

constant cough
04-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I think Arkansas backs should be #1.. Even though USC is absolutely stacked McFadden & Felix are already proven to be dominant in a big time conference.

That's what stood out to me as well. I'd put Clemson ahead of USC too and probably even West Virgina.

Xiomera
04-23-2007, 08:52 AM

Arrington is playing this season.

But yeah, Michigan isn't #2. Definatly top 10 though as there are few better starting tandems in the country.

OhioState
04-23-2007, 02:37 PM
ohio state should have their d line up there. i don't expect you to say that now so i am not blaming you but wait until next year and you will agree.

Michigan
04-23-2007, 10:17 PM
ohio state should have their d line up there. i don't expect you to say that now so i am not blaming you but wait until next year and you will agree.

ohio state was actually my #3 in my rough draft, but then the inside combo of Glenn Dorsey + Marlon Favorite gave me an erection.

Gholston, Rose, and Wilson is beastly though.

Javzz
04-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Why even put USC on the RB list? Sure they have 5 five stars but which one of them have actually proven themselves?

benchod
04-24-2007, 12:17 AM
While I agree that they shouldn't be #1, you can't really argue against that type of talent.

I would switch Arkansas and USC btw.

Sniper
04-24-2007, 08:56 AM
That Michigan WR pick is a little biased (and I'm a UM fan) unless one of the freshmen step up or Greg Mathews does. I'm a little stunned USC didn't make the cut, and Florida's aren't that great as far as I know. I think all they have is Harvin, and he's more of a do it all type of guy rather than a pure WR. Ohio State's defensive line looks very good (mind you their whole defense does) but otherwise it looks good. How could you not put Michigan on the DB list? We have Morgan Trent!!!!!!! ;)

OhioState
04-24-2007, 11:20 AM
good list overall

Michigan
04-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Why even put USC on the RB list? Sure they have 5 five stars but which one of them have actually proven themselves?

Gable, Moody, and Washington have proven themselves. Dennis and Reed are upperclassmen and we'll see what the talents of McKnight and Bradford can bring to the table. Also, USC has better fullbacks than Arkansas.

O, and I admit, the Michigan #1 recievers pick was a bit biased and shortsighted. We have one of the top duos, but not much depth behind them. Our TE is experienced but not much of a threat in the passing game.

keylime_5
04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I think Ohio State will be #1 in RBs with Beanie Wells, Mo Wells, and Brandon Saine all having insane potential. Wells will have nearly 2000 yards this year.

georgiafan
04-25-2007, 08:15 AM
I agree Ark should be #1 in RB

DorianSmith
04-29-2007, 09:24 PM
AT LB Oregon State has a better group than Ohio State

ncbigbody
04-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Texas has the deepest set of recievers in the country. Sweed, Pittman, Cosby, Shipley and counting TE's Jermichael Finley.

VY10
05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Texas has the deepest set of recievers in the country. Sweed, Pittman, Cosby, Shipley and counting TE's Jermichael Finley.

Agreed. Sweed is the obvious standout but all of those guys can play ball.

doingthisinsteadofwork
05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Cal should be #1 for WRs.

tdpennstate
05-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I dont think michigan even has the best wr group in the big 10. Penn State has Derrick Williams, Deon Butler, Jordan Norwood. Michigan has the best wr in the big ten, but not the overall best group.

Geomar
05-13-2007, 10:47 AM
why isnt miami on the d-line they should be like #3 or #2 cmon.

sodar21
05-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Purdue may actually have the best Recieving group (WRs and TEs) in the Big Ten and one of the best in the country.

schmiddog
05-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Gable, Moody, and Washington have proven themselves. Dennis and Reed are upperclassmen and we'll see what the talents of McKnight and Bradford can bring to the table. Also, USC has better fullbacks than Arkansas.

O, and I admit, the Michigan #1 recievers pick was a bit biased and shortsighted. We have one of the top duos, but not much depth behind them. Our TE is experienced but not much of a threat in the passing game.

USC does not have better fullbacks than the Razorbacks. Peyton Hillis is the premier FB prospect for the 2008 draft.

-black
05-16-2007, 12:30 AM
LSU should be on the list IMO for QB

Jughead10
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Rutgers will be producing a lot of NFL O-linemen over the next few years. One got drafted this year and another picked up as UDFA.

Sniper
05-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I dont think michigan even has the best wr group in the big 10. Penn State has Derrick Williams, Deon Butler, Jordan Norwood. Michigan has the best wr in the big ten, but not the overall best group.

Butler and Norwood are legit, but Derrick Williams is probably the Big 10's most overrated player

scottyboy
05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Rutgers will be producing a lot of NFL O-linemen over the next few years. One got drafted this year and another picked up as UDFA.

Rutgers may have the best T duo in the country with Sosa and Zuttah. Also they have another great senior G in Fladell. Throw in the high recruit whjo turned down OSU in davis, thats a very good line.

although, its not 100% the freshman Davis will start right away, but eventually thisyear, he'll be the starter.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
LSU = best defensive line.

Watch Out For ... this to be the nation's best defensive line. The return of Dorsey cemented the honor as the Tigers have a signature superstar for the other superstars to work around.

Strength: Size. When you have quick, athletic ends who check in at 292, 260, 273 and 252 pounds, you're big up front. The all can move.

Weakness: Making big plays against the run. Nitpicking time for a group that should hold everyone to well under 100 yards rushing, but for all the talent and all the NFL skills, the line didn't make nearly enough tackles for loss last year as the team only cranked out 69.

Outlook: Utter destruction. No one's running on Dorsey, Alexander and Favorite, while the pass rushing from all four spots should be relentless. If Alem and Johnson can be merely adequate on the right side, this group will be a dominant force.

Rating: 10

http://cfn.scout.com/2/636846.html