PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Mock Draft

Non_Sequitur
04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
1. Oakland | JaMarcus Russell | QB

It's the no duh pick of the draft. If Oakland goes anywhere else, they are letting an idiot run the show.

2. Detroit | Adrian Peterson | RB

Kevin Jones is likely to miss some preseason time. One more setback and he's going to miss some of the regular season. And even if he does come back, Peterson is still a huge upgrade to the offense.

3. Cleveland | Brady Quinn | QB

While I'm not sold on Quinn, you can't deny that he has upside and in state connections; not to mention that whole Weiss-Crennell connection.

4. Tampa Bay | Calvin Johnson | WR

Jon Gruden's dream come true. The best overall talent in the draft, at a need position, and he doesn't even have to trade up to get him.

5. Arizona | Joe Thomas | OT

The perfect fit. Don't be surprised if the Cards hit the panic button and trade up for Thomas. But if things fall right, he's right here for them.

6. Washington | Gaines Adams | DE

Washington has to get an impact player on their D-line. Adams might not be the best run stopper, but he'll make the game changing plays up front.

7. Minnesota | LaRon Landry | S

Minnesota missed out on Adams, and it's a reach to take Anderson here. So they'll take the best player availible that they can use right away.

8. Atlanta | Amobi Okoye | DT

Atlanta needs a quality DT, and with Petrino in the house, it's all about Okoye. Okoye might not be the most game-read prospect, but he has the most upside at DT.

9. Miami | Alan Branch | DT

Miami would love to get their hands on a top notch left tackle prospect, but with none availible they'll replace on of their 30+ defensive starters instead.

10. Houston | Leon Hall | CB

With so many needs, they can go with almost anyone. If they went BPA, they'd be grabbing Willis, but they have Demeco already. So Hall being the 2nd best will pack his bags for Houston.

11. San Francisco | Patrick Willis | LB

San Fran really outplayed their talent level last year, and need some sturdy players on defense. Willis is the cream of the LB crop this year, and a nice fit for the niners.

12. Buffalo | Marshawn Lynch | RB

Marshawn Lynch might be a bit of a reach here, but the Bills are in that desperate of need for a running back.

13. St. Louis| Jamaal Anderson | DE

The Rams are filled with offensive talent, and have a lot of solid defensive players; yet no difference maker. Anderson is the definition of a difference maker.

14. Carolina | Robert Meachem | WR

The Panthers are in need for an infusion of offensive talent, and Meachem has the ability to be a top level WR in this league.

15. Pittsburgh | Justin Harrell | DT

Pittsburgh is in for a couple hard years as they try and shift to the 4-3 base. But the first step they need to take is securing a 2nd DT to pair with Hampton.

16. Green Bay | Greg Olsen | TE

Green Bay needs a RB, but selecting any of the RB's remaining here would be a major reach. Olsen might be a bit of a reach himself, but he'll open up those deep routes for Favre to throw to.

17. Jacksonville | Reggie Nelson | S

There isn't a bigger need in Jacksonville than saftey, and Reggie Nelson is of perfect value here.

18. Cincinnati | Darrelle Revis | CB

The Tory James - Deltha O'Neil era is coming to a close. With Revis teaming up with Jonathon Joseph, the new era will far outshine the old.

19. Tennessee | Chris Houston | CB

With Pac Man Jones pretty much done for his career, the Titans need to find a replacement, and fast. Houston is fast, talented, and NFL ready.

20. New York Giants | Joe Staley | OT

The Giants are in need of finding a long term fit at Left Tackle. With Staley on one side, and McKenzie on the other, the Giants will have themselves a very nice set of book ends.

21. Denver | Adam Carriker | DE

Denver tried the Browncos approach, and while it wasn't a complete failiure, it was found lacking. Carriker is a steal all the way down here at 21.

22. Dallas | Levi Brown | OT

Levi Brown has left side potential, but worst case scenerio he'll be a top notch RT or OG in this league. And considering what the line in Dallas looks like, that makes this a can't miss pick.

23. Kansas City | Dwayne Bowe | WR

Kansas City needs O-line prospects. But Herm Edwards has been quoted as saying spending an early pick on an O-lineman is a "waste." Therefore, we'll see them go with the best WR on the board.

24. New England | Jon Beason | LB

New England needs to replenish their LB corps, and Beason is one of those versatile guys who can play inside or out. With New England's system though, he's headed to the inside.

25. New York Jets | Brandon Meriweather | DB

This pick may seem peculiar to the casual observer, but Meriweather is the only prospect to have visited the Jets twice. With the top tier corners and Greg Olsen off the board, and no 3-4 DL of value, it's BPA.

26. Philadelphia | Jarvis Moss | DE

Jarvis Moss is being called the next Javon Kearse. Good thing, since the old Javon Kearse is just about finished in this league and the Eagles need a freaky DE.

27. New Orleans | Lawrence Timmons | LB

The Saints admitted they were poised to take A.J. Hawk until Reggie Bush fell into their laps last year. They still need an OLB with play making talent, and Timmons comes from a long line of playmakers.

28. New England | Ted Ginn Jr. | WR

New England has Stallworth on what is essentially a 1 year contract; the Pats will want to develop someone across from Chad Jackson. And in the mean time, Ginn can be the stud return man that New England could use.

29. Baltimore | Aaron Ross | CB

The Ravens have no DB depth, and while Ross might not be the most gifted corner in the draft he's ready to step in now if something should happen; and he fills their nickel corner spot nicely.

30. San Diego | Michael Griffin | S

The Chargers have invested a lot of time into their DB's, but don't have much to show for it. Griffin is a little bit of a reach, but the Chargers need to get a safety no matter what.

31. Chicago | Ben Grubbs | OG

Chicago could go with a guy like Dwayne Jarrett, but the value of Grubbs is too high to pass on. They can get Jarrett or Rice with their early 2nd, but the Guard they might get there will be a big drop off from Grubbs.

32. Indianapolis | Steve Smith | WR

The Colts would like to take a DT, but to take anyone left here would be a major reach. Instead they'll replace Brandon Stokely who was out most of last year and now a member of another team with a speedy guy for their slot.

ripdw27
04-22-2007, 08:57 PM
good denver picks, questionable ones elsewhere.. Detroit wont take peterson when they already have tatum bell and kevin endzone jones, 15 seems high for harrell, and if the raiders took calvin johnson (the best player in the draft) they would be idiots? explain that please... ik raidernation will have a fit abuot that

RaiderNation
04-22-2007, 09:00 PM
okay raider pick and horrible description on it too

Crow
04-22-2007, 09:01 PM
1. Oakland | JaMarcus Russell | QB

It's the no duh pick of the draft. If Oakland goes anywhere else, they are letting an idiot run the show.

:rolleyes:

49erfaithful
04-22-2007, 09:03 PM
good SF pick, but Carriker would be better for us

Non_Sequitur
04-22-2007, 09:10 PM
good denver picks, questionable ones elsewhere.. Detroit wont take peterson when they already have tatum bell and kevin endzone jones, 15 seems high for harrell, and if the raiders took calvin johnson (the best player in the draft) they would be idiots? explain that please... ik raidernation will have a fit abuot that

Raiders have two good WR's, and the QB position is more important than the WR position from the start of it.

LeftwichQB7
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I don't understand how Jamarcus Russell to the Raiders is the "no duh pick of the draft".

Nobody knows for sure whether the Raiders will go Russell, Johnson, or trade down. But, that's the point.

I highly doubt that the Lions go Adrian Peterson, too, considering they have Bell, Jones, and Duckett.

The Lions would be better off grabbing Calvin Johnson, or trading down for Gaines Adams and acquiring more draft picks in the process.

15 is too high for Harrell, a guy missing most of his senior season. He's a low-end first rounder, or early second rounder, but the top half of round 1 is too high. I see the Steelers going linebacker (Pos, Timmons), DE (Moss), or CB (Revis) there.

I don't like Ginn to the Patriots, as I think Michael Griffin or Aaron Ross would be better picks and feel needs. They don't need another smaller, fast/quick WR anyways. They traded a second for Welker, have Stallworth for atleast a season, and have Chad Jackson (who's a speedster, yet suffered an ACL tear). I think they go for more of a bigger, possession receiver if they were to draft a WR. Someone like Bowe (if available, which he's not in this mock), or maybe Jarrett.

But, overall, I think your mock is pretty decent.

I hope you don't think I was trying to pick on you, just merely stating my differing opinions on some of the things that stood out at me.

Good job.

Crow
04-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Raiders have two good WR's

Ronald Curry and...I assume you mean Jerry Porter. Porter will be a FA after this season, and is pretty overrated to begin with. Curry's recurring Achilles' tears have to be kept in mind.

Anyone with any sense knows that you draft with an eye towards the future. The future of our WR corps looks damn bleak. A tandem of Calvin Johnson and Ronald Curry could potentially be as good as any in the league.

Jensen
04-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Great Cardinals pick.

Non_Sequitur
04-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Ronald Curry and...I assume you mean Jerry Porter. Porter will be a FA after this season, and is pretty overrated to begin with. Curry's recurring Achilles' tears have to be kept in mind.

Anyone with any sense knows that you draft with an eye towards the future. The future of our WR corps looks damn bleak. A tandem of Calvin Johnson and Ronald Curry could potentially be as good as any in the league.

Funny guy.

FloridaFootball
04-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Gaines Adams to the skins, perfect pick.

Crazy_Chris
04-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Good vikings pick

Smokey Joe
04-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Jarret > Grubbs.

thebow305
04-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Not a big fan of the Miami pick, Brown/Staley/Ginn all = better picks.

Non_Sequitur
04-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Not a big fan of the Miami pick, Brown/Staley/Ginn all = better picks.

Why not just trade down 10 picks then? Lol.

Crow
04-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Funny guy.
Yes you are.

ElectricEye
04-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Not a fan of either of the Patriots picks. Beason just doesn't fit well with us...I would rather have David Harris or Brandon Meriweather at that point. And the Ginn pick I really don't like. The Stallworth deal isn't a one year deal if we don't want it to be, and with Welker...we're set there for another year at least.

Caddy
04-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Calvin Johnson = Hi fives all round

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 08:16 AM
For the Eagles, Jarvis Moss would be tempting, but I really do think they would still pick Griffin here, I may be wrong though. I would have no problems if they would pick either of them.

Xiomera
04-23-2007, 08:54 AM
2. Detroit | Adrian Peterson | RB

Kevin Jones is likely to miss some preseason time. One more setback and he's going to miss some of the regular season. And even if he does come back, Peterson is still a huge upgrade to the offense.

Dude . . . ?

It's a HELL NO from me.

Finsfan79
04-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Why not just trade down 10 picks then? Lol.

most likely we will, this pick though is a very poor draft pick. We dont need a 3-4 DE and he is not a good value there either his value has been dropping for the past month now to middle of the round.

Brown is worth the 9th pick in the draft according to most like Scott. But, a trade back to 16-20th and then plucking staley/brown is what makes the most sense.

Get another 2nd and feed the monster

But this?

Miami would love to get their hands on a top notch left tackle prospect, but with none availible they'll replace on of their 30+ defensive starters instead.

That is gabarge

Matt Roth is 24 years old and is our DE, Holliday is 29 years old and is our DE
Evans is 23 years old and is our future NT which they like alot. Wright and Wright are both under 25 and they are high on those kids, and Vickerson is 24 years old DE/NT prospect as well.

To put it simply we have alot of depth on the dline that is very young.

BPA there is Patrick Willis, but with GB needing a RB and none gonna fall to them they could easily trade up to snag one in our pick.

BIG Country
04-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm not a big fan of the Meachem pick. Keyshawn is still around although not for much longer. The team is real high on Drew Carter and feel he could be a solid #2. Steve Smith is well Steve Smith. If the team does draft a WR it would be someone who can return kicks and punts.

Non_Sequitur
04-23-2007, 01:50 PM
most likely we will, this pick though is a very poor draft pick. We dont need a 3-4 DE and he is not a good value there either his value has been dropping for the past month now to middle of the round.

Brown is worth the 9th pick in the draft according to most like Scott. But, a trade back to 16-20th and then plucking staley/brown is what makes the most sense.

Actually Scott agreed with me that he's not worth a top 10 pick. Just that teams might get stupid and reach on him because of his position.

Non_Sequitur
04-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Not a fan of either of the Patriots picks. Beason just doesn't fit well with us...I would rather have David Harris or Brandon Meriweather at that point. And the Ginn pick I really don't like. The Stallworth deal isn't a one year deal if we don't want it to be, and with Welker...we're set there for another year at least.

I may have been wrong on the Ginn pick (forgot about Welker's kick return abilities when I made the mock) but the Pats would have the card up for Beason before the clock hit 10 minutes remaining for him.

BGSUsteelers
04-23-2007, 01:54 PM
15. Pittsburgh | Justin Harrell | DT

Pittsburgh is in for a couple hard years as they try and shift to the 4-3 base. But the first step they need to take is securing a 2nd DT to pair with Hampton.

The Steelers are staying with the 3-4 and they do not plan on going to a 4-3 anytime soon.

READ BELOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomlin's aggressiveness shows up at every turn

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

PHOENIX -- He preaches aggressiveness, and this week Mike Tomlin showed just what that might mean in his new job as the Steelers' head coach.

USAirways, Tomlin said, lost the bag he checked on his direct flight to the NFL meetings in Phoenix from Pittsburgh and gave him the run-around since that occurred Saturday night. Sunday, he was told his bag was in Phoenix and would be delivered to his hotel within four hours. He waited; no bags. He called, again and again.

Monday, Tomlin rode to the airport "to dig it out myself."

"I get over there, and they tell me the bag is not there," Tomlin was saying at breakfast yesterday morning. "I said, 'I've been talking to your call center all weekend, and they said the bag is here.'

"They said, 'I don't care what they told you on the 1-800 number, your bag isn't here.' "

He was offered a $25 voucher on his next flight for his troubles.

"Well, somewhere during the conversation, I see my bag behind her in a pile," Tomlin said. "I said, 'That's my bag!' She said, 'Sir, your bag's not here, the computer says'... I said 'I understand what the computer says, but I'm looking at my bag! It's a black bag, Pittsburgh Steelers. It's my bag.'

"So, I walk around the counter and at that point, she started to get mad. I pulled the tag off and showed her it was my bag. I had to dig it out myself."

Tomlin related that story to a handful of writers gathered around him yesterday as the morning sun popped up in the desert. Perhaps, he did not mean it to be that way, but the narrative served to portray his approach to his job as Steelers coach. He wants to be aggressive, something he has repeated many times since his arrival here.

He also began revealing his plans for the Steelers in 2007 and what he thinks of some of his players. Yesterday, for instance, he publicly committed for the first time to staying with a 3-4 as his base defense next season.

"I know what it does to offenses, I really do," Tomlin said. "It's all about the personnel you have. We have the best 3-4 people in the world, I think. That's what we're going to do."

The more Tomlin looked at the way the Steelers played the 3-4, the more it convinced him to stick with it under coordinator Dick LeBeau rather than try to convert to a 4-3 Tampa 2, the type he coached with the Buccaneers and the Minnesota Vikings.

"To me, I was excited because I came into this league, a mecca, if you will, for the 4-3 defense in the Tampa 2, working with Tony Dungy and Monte Kiffin," Tomlin said. "Now, I'm working every day with what I believe to be the mecca for a 3-4. If you look at my growth development as a coach, man, it doesn't get any better than that. To be around Monte Kiffin and Dick LeBeau, I think you guys will agree with that. It doesn't get any better than that."

The most unsettled position on his Steelers defense may be at cornerback, where Ike Taylor has attracted much of the new coach's attention. Taylor, who signed a fat contract extension before the season began, was benched by coach Bill Cowher midway through it. One of Tomlin's big jobs is to salvage him.

"He's big, he's physical, he's fast. That's what I look at," Tomlin said. "What specifically happened last year in terms of his play, it's irrelevant to me.

"He's capable of a lot. He's capable of being a dominant player, and it's important that he embraces that as we move forward. I know that maybe he's disappointed in how he performed last year. Hopefully, that's fuel for him as we approach this year. ... I know he has the physical tools to be an elite corner. Our job and his job is to make sure that happens."

The mirror of that position on offense comes at wide receiver and whether or not the Steelers have the kind of talent at the position to make defenses respect their passing game.

"There are some questions there," Tomlin said. "It's a big year for Santonio [Holmes], of what kind of player he's going to be. He and I have talked quite a bit about that. That jump a player makes from his rookie year to his second year is critical in terms of what kind of career he's going to have. He's made some plays, he's had some success. He needs to move forward.

"I think some of the things that Nate Washington is capable of has been evident, studying the tape. He needs to move forward.

"I like what the group is capable of being. Satisfied? No. Until you get to know me, you'll realize that very rarely am I satisfied. At the same time, I'm not negative."

There also are the ongoing questions about Ben Roethlisberger and Tomlin's emerging relationship with his quarterback.

"He's a unique guy," Tomlin said. "He's in the building, he's taking an active part in the development of the playbook. He's working well with" coordinator Bruce Arians and quarterbacks coach Ken Anderson.

"I studied the personality types in this game and you know a guy who is uniquely talented like him, a competitor, a ridiculous competitor, a very prideful guy. I haven't been surprised in my reactions to him in terms of maybe what I thought him to be in a personality standpoint."

Non_Sequitur
04-23-2007, 03:59 PM
The Steelers are staying with the 3-4 and they do not plan on going to a 4-3 anytime soon.

READ BELOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomlin's aggressiveness shows up at every turn

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

PHOENIX -- He preaches aggressiveness, and this week Mike Tomlin showed just what that might mean in his new job as the Steelers' head coach.

USAirways, Tomlin said, lost the bag he checked on his direct flight to the NFL meetings in Phoenix from Pittsburgh and gave him the run-around since that occurred Saturday night. Sunday, he was told his bag was in Phoenix and would be delivered to his hotel within four hours. He waited; no bags. He called, again and again.

Monday, Tomlin rode to the airport "to dig it out myself."

"I get over there, and they tell me the bag is not there," Tomlin was saying at breakfast yesterday morning. "I said, 'I've been talking to your call center all weekend, and they said the bag is here.'

"They said, 'I don't care what they told you on the 1-800 number, your bag isn't here.' "

He was offered a $25 voucher on his next flight for his troubles.

"Well, somewhere during the conversation, I see my bag behind her in a pile," Tomlin said. "I said, 'That's my bag!' She said, 'Sir, your bag's not here, the computer says'... I said 'I understand what the computer says, but I'm looking at my bag! It's a black bag, Pittsburgh Steelers. It's my bag.'

"So, I walk around the counter and at that point, she started to get mad. I pulled the tag off and showed her it was my bag. I had to dig it out myself."

Tomlin related that story to a handful of writers gathered around him yesterday as the morning sun popped up in the desert. Perhaps, he did not mean it to be that way, but the narrative served to portray his approach to his job as Steelers coach. He wants to be aggressive, something he has repeated many times since his arrival here.

He also began revealing his plans for the Steelers in 2007 and what he thinks of some of his players. Yesterday, for instance, he publicly committed for the first time to staying with a 3-4 as his base defense next season.

"I know what it does to offenses, I really do," Tomlin said. "It's all about the personnel you have. We have the best 3-4 people in the world, I think. That's what we're going to do."

The more Tomlin looked at the way the Steelers played the 3-4, the more it convinced him to stick with it under coordinator Dick LeBeau rather than try to convert to a 4-3 Tampa 2, the type he coached with the Buccaneers and the Minnesota Vikings.

"To me, I was excited because I came into this league, a mecca, if you will, for the 4-3 defense in the Tampa 2, working with Tony Dungy and Monte Kiffin," Tomlin said. "Now, I'm working every day with what I believe to be the mecca for a 3-4. If you look at my growth development as a coach, man, it doesn't get any better than that. To be around Monte Kiffin and Dick LeBeau, I think you guys will agree with that. It doesn't get any better than that."

The most unsettled position on his Steelers defense may be at cornerback, where Ike Taylor has attracted much of the new coach's attention. Taylor, who signed a fat contract extension before the season began, was benched by coach Bill Cowher midway through it. One of Tomlin's big jobs is to salvage him.

"He's big, he's physical, he's fast. That's what I look at," Tomlin said. "What specifically happened last year in terms of his play, it's irrelevant to me.

"He's capable of a lot. He's capable of being a dominant player, and it's important that he embraces that as we move forward. I know that maybe he's disappointed in how he performed last year. Hopefully, that's fuel for him as we approach this year. ... I know he has the physical tools to be an elite corner. Our job and his job is to make sure that happens."

The mirror of that position on offense comes at wide receiver and whether or not the Steelers have the kind of talent at the position to make defenses respect their passing game.

"There are some questions there," Tomlin said. "It's a big year for Santonio [Holmes], of what kind of player he's going to be. He and I have talked quite a bit about that. That jump a player makes from his rookie year to his second year is critical in terms of what kind of career he's going to have. He's made some plays, he's had some success. He needs to move forward.

"I think some of the things that Nate Washington is capable of has been evident, studying the tape. He needs to move forward.

"I like what the group is capable of being. Satisfied? No. Until you get to know me, you'll realize that very rarely am I satisfied. At the same time, I'm not negative."

There also are the ongoing questions about Ben Roethlisberger and Tomlin's emerging relationship with his quarterback.

"He's a unique guy," Tomlin said. "He's in the building, he's taking an active part in the development of the playbook. He's working well with" coordinator Bruce Arians and quarterbacks coach Ken Anderson.

"I studied the personality types in this game and you know a guy who is uniquely talented like him, a competitor, a ridiculous competitor, a very prideful guy. I haven't been surprised in my reactions to him in terms of maybe what I thought him to be in a personality standpoint."

You didn't have to post the entire story. A link and small quote would have done the trick.

TNPatsFan
04-23-2007, 04:23 PM
I may have been wrong on the Ginn pick (forgot about Welker's kick return abilities when I made the mock) but the Pats would have the card up for Beason before the clock hit 10 minutes remaining for him.

Don't sell yourself short. These are not only good picks, but very well-informed picks. The Pats love both these guys. I'm not sure either guy will last that long, nor do I prefer them to take a WR in round 1 this year, but they are good picks just the same.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2007, 05:12 PM
I do like Moss but I like Griffin more, there.

Non_Sequitur
04-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Don't sell yourself short. These are not only good picks, but very well-informed picks. The Pats love both these guys. I'm not sure either guy will last that long, nor do I prefer them to take a WR in round 1 this year, but they are good picks just the same.

;) 10 characters

Yung Flippa
04-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Good Ravens Pick

Non_Sequitur
04-24-2007, 11:32 AM

Get another 2nd and feed the monster

But this?

That is gabarge

Matt Roth is 24 years old and is our DE, Holliday is 29 years old and is our DE
Evans is 23 years old and is our future NT which they like alot. Wright and Wright are both under 25 and they are high on those kids, and Vickerson is 24 years old DE/NT prospect as well.

To put it simply we have alot of depth on the dline that is very young.

BPA there is Patrick Willis, but with GB needing a RB and none gonna fall to them they could easily trade up to snag one in our pick.

Scott's Take (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/teamneeds.html#mia)

1. Defensive Line: Jason Taylor is still one of the very best in the business but he's not getting any younger, nor are Vonnie Holliday and Keith Traylor inside, while Matt Roth is unproven.

Todd McShay And Jeremy Green's Take (http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?context=podcast&id=2833085#)

Miami needs youth and depth along the that D line.

Yeah if Brady Quinn isn't there, I don't see how they pass on a top defensive lineman

NFL Draft Scout's Team Needs (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/teams/teampdanalysis.php?teamid=17)

Defensive end: The Dolphins have two players who will be at least 30 years old entering the season with Jason Taylor and the recently signed Joey Porter as their top pass rushers. A young player can gain a world of knowledge working behind those two players in practice.

Face it, the Dolphins need D-line help.

OhioState
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
harrel at 15? that would be a major reach. they can likely get him in the second at 15 or trade up to the top 5 in the second. Also i really think that the bears would take jarret at 31 and try to snag either grubbs or blaylock at 37

a-dub83
04-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Good pick for the Colts, Steve Smith would be a beast in our offense. It reminds a lot when we took Reggie Wayne. I like Gonzales too, but he's more of a slot guy IMO, whereas Smith can be slot and a good #2 reciever.