PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Player in Charger History?

JK17
04-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Taken from NFL section and applied to just San Diego, who do you guys think is the greatest player we've ever had? Fouts? Seau? Tomlinson? Winslow? There are a bunch you could make the case for. As of now I would have to say Fouts, based on what he did over the course of his career, but I still think Tomlinson and Seau are right up there with him...

What do you guys feel?

defensiveback23
04-22-2007, 10:37 PM
I think LT will be the best ever but it is really hard to say who it is right now. Fouts would be mentioned with the best QB's of all time but he never won a SB. I think Lance Alworth is a top 5 WR for all time but a lot of people forget about him because he played so long ago. It's between Alworth and Fouts I think.

JK17
04-22-2007, 10:38 PM
I think LT will be the best ever but it is really hard to say who it is right now. Fouts would be mentioned with the best QB's of all time but he never won a SB. I think Lance Alworth is a top 5 WR for all time but a lot of people forget about him because he played so long ago. It's between Alworth and Fouts I think.

Can't believe I didn't mention Alworth, good call on that...

defensiveback23
04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Can't believe I didn't mention Alworth, good call on that...

He always seems to slip people's minds for some reason. I'm not sure what it is.

sdpads24
04-22-2007, 11:10 PM
It is really a tough thing to analyze the greatest player on any team. If LT keeps up what he is doing, he obvioulsy will be the greatest, if not the greatest ever in the NFL preriod. Since I grew up watching Seau I'm gonna say he was, but there's no question any of the guys JK listed are right up there with him. Seau quickly became one of the most popular players on the team, receiving the nickname "Tasmanian Devil". His well-known "Lightning Bolt" dance was particularly disliked by opposing teams, but well-liked by fans. He played in seven Pro Bowls with the Chargers, and missed only two games in his first seven years of play. In every season with the team, he was the leading tackler.

San Diego Chicken
04-23-2007, 03:32 AM
I think it is Ladainian easily, even if his career were to end tomorrow. Besides LT, I would argue it's Kellen Winslow, seeing as he is recognized by many football historians as the greatest tight end to ever play the game.

bantx
04-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I have to go with LT because he makes game changing plays, great athlete, can win games, score touchdowns, throw touchdowns. He's been consistant, and if he keeps it up he could be one of the greatest players ever, if not already.

JK17
04-23-2007, 10:27 PM
I have to go with LT because he makes game changing plays, great athlete, can win games, score touchdowns, throw touchdowns. He's been consistant, and if he keeps it up he could be one of the greatest players ever, if not already.

Without a doubt if he takes the Chargers to a Super Bowl and wins it, or if he just ends his career with the mind boggling accomplishments he already has he will hit that point. I don't think we can call him the best though until his career is over, so I think it still goes to Fouts.

mav91
04-24-2007, 04:57 PM
1)fouts
2)lt
3)alworth

DonWoods33
04-25-2007, 11:51 AM
1)fouts
2)lt
3)alworth

1) LdT
2) Winslow
3) Alworth
4) Fouts-being a playoff choke artist drops him down this list.
5) Seau
6) Ron Mix
7) Louie Kelcher
8) Fred Dean
9) Big Hands Johnson
10) Charlie Joiner
11) John Hadl
12) Keith Lincoln
13) Leslie O'Neal
14) Rodney Harrison
15) Wes Chandler