PDA

View Full Version : 1st Rounder - No Staley

America
04-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry to say, but I'm 99.9% sure Joe Staley will NOT be there when we pick. With that said, who would be your top choice. Would it be an olineman, dlineman, linebacker or dback, or even a WR. I don't think Ginn will be there, but I will include him.

BigDawg819
04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
They said there was no way Terrell Suggs would get by the Cardinals in 03 and there was no way Clayton in 05 or Reed in 02 fell to us. Just some thoughts...

Troj2man
04-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Even if Staley is there (which I agree that he isn't going to be) I don't think he would be the pick. He's too similar to Adam Terry. More so a LT who may be able to fill in at RT for a game or 2.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Id take Ginn, but I must say I do like Scott's latest mock and giving us Chris Houston CB, Arkansas.

ccB
04-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Off that list Id take Ginn. Someone is going to drop unexpectedly. We will be the team that ends a guys slide down the draft boards.

On a side note, How would you guys feel about selecting Lawrence Timmons? Dude is a beast.

go_ravens94
04-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I voted for Bowe, but I didn't know Kalil was on there until after I voted. I want Kalil, though.

Raven Domination
04-23-2007, 09:37 AM
None...Justin Blaylock.

ChefMike
04-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Even if Staley is there (which I agree that he isn't going to be) I don't think he would be the pick. He's too similar to Adam Terry. More so a LT who may be able to fill in at RT for a game or 2.

Too much like Terry ? I couldnt disagree more. I think Staley is more like a smaller version of JO. A thinking mans LT, JO doesnt have to use his power to black he actually uses his brain and leverage and angles, Adam Terry is a mauler. Joe Staley is very athletic and learned to play Tackle in College so he actually learned how to block. I see Staley being a very good LT if he came to us, having JO tutor him for a season before he is given the spot and told to make it happen !

Adam Terry did play well the little bit he played last year but the jury is still out on whether he can play 16 games and play at a high level. The OL is a big concern if JO decides to retire, which is NOT likely according to Billick he has been at home in Vegas and has been working out harder then he has the last few off seasons. It will awesome if JO decided to play 2 more seasons, showed up to TC a little lighter then he has been the last few seasons and we were able to not take a OT in Day 1 and focus on adding depth on Defense and getting another impact WR in rounds 1 or 2. Because next years draft has some real studs at OG and OT that can come in and replace JO and or Flynn...

BigDawg819
04-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Off that list Id take Ginn. Someone is going to drop unexpectedly. We will be the team that ends a guys slide down the draft boards.

On a side note, How would you guys feel about selecting Lawrence Timmons? Dude is a beast.

FSU Pride Baby, I love the Seminoles! Besides the last FSU defensive player we took in the first round wasn't too shabby himself....

dcarey20
04-23-2007, 04:19 PM
if ginn jr is on the board, he's my pick. but i don't think he will be. and staley could easily be there at 29, not too sure why you are 99.9 percent sure he won't be.

Ravens1991
04-23-2007, 05:02 PM
About Lawrence Timmons, were does he play in a 3-4? I know Scott says he can play in the 3-4 but doesnt list a position. If he can play 3-4 OLB I am all for him.

America
04-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Lawrence Timmons is my favorite dplayer in the draft. I was real excited when he came out but his stock immediately skyrocketed, but now it's down to our range. It might not be the most pressing need, but he can be a great pick for the future. Plus his birthday 5/16/86. Just like Ray who was 5/15/75. Both practially the same age when they were drafted. I'd see Timmons playing inside.

And for Ginn. I just have a gut feeling that he won't be the guy to drop. Speed kills and everyone is going to want the burner. I've been hearing as high as #9 to the Dolphins for him so I just don't think he'll be there.

And Staley, the difference between Suggs and Reed and him is that those guys didn't test outstandingly well in the postseason. They were great college players at big schools. Suggs didn't run well, Reed was undersized and ran a 4.5. Staley is rising fast. I'm 99.9% sure because he's the third best left tackle(I actually have him 2nd) and LTs are a hot commodity. There are so many teams below us that could take him, like even Houston, Carolina, PIT, NYG, Den, DAL, KC, NE, and even Philly.

Yung Flippa
04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
I'll take Kalil because he is probably the best player value at the pick. Besides With Kalil at center Chris Chester can stay at guard

ccB
04-24-2007, 11:48 AM
I am against taking interior offensive linemen in the first round.

ChefMike
04-24-2007, 02:02 PM
I am against taking interior offensive linemen in the first round.

Any particular reason ?

BigDawg819
04-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Any particular reason ?

Are giving and proven history of selecting and developing them in later rounds?

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Over the course of the Last 10 Drafts Here is a list of quality starters on the OL from the 1st round only:
2006 D'Brickashaw Ferguson & Nick Mangold
2005 Jammal Brown, Logan Mankins & Alex Barron
2004 Shane Andrews
2003 Jordan Gross, George Foster & Kwame Harris
2002 Bryant McKinnie, Levi Jones & Marc Columbo
2001 Steve Hutchinson & Jeff Backus
2000 Chris Samuels
1999 Damien Woody, Matt Stinchcomb & Luke Petigout
1998 Kyle Turley, Tra Thomas & Alan Faneca
1997 Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Chris Naeole & Ross Verba

The Offensive Line has a better track record for being drafted in the first round with a HIGH success rate then anyother position. The Ravens have only ever drafted 1 player in the 1st that was an OL and that was JO... I don't know about you but I think he has done a lil better than average since being in the league. Granted yes you can pick a good T, G or C in the 2-7th rds but you can say that about any position ! We have selected good LB in the later rounds we have selected good DT and DE and DB's and RB's and WR's so to say we would do better waiting is not a very educated statement when we have the best track record for drafting in the 1st round, it just happens that we have not had a need to draft an O-Linemen in the 1st or had a BPA situation to draft an O-Linemen.

I think this year we will be one of those situations where we need to take the BPA but I am confident that it will be an O-Linemen.

ccB
04-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Over the course of the Last 10 Drafts Here is a list of quality starters on the OL from the 1st round only:
2006 D'Brickashaw Ferguson & Nick Mangold
2005 Jammal Brown, Logan Mankins & Alex Barron
2004 Shane Andrews
2003 Jordan Gross, George Foster & Kwame Harris
2002 Bryant McKinnie, Levi Jones & Marc Columbo
2001 Steve Hutchinson & Jeff Backus
2000 Chris Samuels
1999 Damien Woody, Matt Stinchcomb & Luke Petigout
1998 Kyle Turley, Tra Thomas & Alan Faneca
1997 Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Chris Naeole & Ross Verba

The Offensive Line has a better track record for being drafted in the first round with a HIGH success rate then anyother position. The Ravens have only ever drafted 1 player in the 1st that was an OL and that was JO... I don't know about you but I think he has done a lil better than average since being in the league. Granted yes you can pick a good T, G or C in the 2-7th rds but you can say that about any position ! We have selected good LB in the later rounds we have selected good DT and DE and DB's and RB's and WR's so to say we would do better waiting is not a very educated statement when we have the best track record for drafting in the 1st round, it just happens that we have not had a need to draft an O-Linemen in the 1st or had a BPA situation to draft an O-Linemen.

I think this year we will be one of those situations where we need to take the BPA but I am confident that it will be an O-Linemen.
Well I said Interior O-Linemen (OG and C) and that list seems to be comprised of mostly Tackles so I suggest someone take a little bit more time to read a post before they reply. I am fine with taking an OT first round just not a guard or center.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 10:45 AM
The Offensive Line has a better track record for being drafted in the first round with a HIGH success rate then anyother position. The Ravens have only ever drafted 1 player in the 1st that was an OL and that was JO... I don't know about you but I think he has done a lil better than average since being in the league. Granted yes you can pick a good T, G or C in the 2-7th rds but you can say that about any position ! We have selected good LB in the later rounds we have selected good DT and DE and DB's and RB's and WR's [n]so to say we would do better waiting is not a very educated statement[/b] when we have the best track record for drafting in the 1st round, it just happens that we have not had a need to draft an O-Linemen in the 1st or had a BPA situation to draft an O-Linemen.

Posting an elongated post that is really just a bunch of ******** doesn't make you sound smart either Mr. Professor. You can list all the players in the world taken in past drafts but the fact remains the interior line doesn't usually produce 1st round picks with the exception of a center here or there. Who annointed you the draft expert around here? Who said you make the call on who we draft or what statement is educated or not? No one thats right! So keep your trap shut because all this hot air your blowing is making this team forum feel like a sauna.

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Posting an elongated post that is really just a bunch of ******** doesn't make you sound smart either Mr. Professor. You can list all the players in the world taken in past drafts but the fact remains the interior line doesn't usually produce 1st round picks with the exception of a center here or there. Who annointed you the draft expert around here? Who said you make the call on who we draft or what statement is educated or not? No one thats right! So keep your trap shut because all this hot air your blowing is making this team forum feel like a sauna.

Not sure where all the hostility came from but you need to relax.. Just because I share a different opinon then yours doesnt make me wrong. As far as the interior portion of your comment there are plenty of interior linemen in that list 8 out of 24 to be exact..

I don't make an off handed comment with out some back up to it. I never claimed to be an expert of anything, but nor are you.. just because you have made 40,000 posts on this forum...

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Well I said Interior O-Linemen (OG and C) and that list seems to be comprised of mostly Tackles so I suggest someone take a little bit more time to read a post before they reply. I am fine with taking an OT first round just not a guard or center.

There are plenty of interior linemen on that list.. not all Tackles. I did read your post, and like the other goofball telling me that I don't read, just because I share a different opinon doesnt make me wrong...but I don't put up a post declaring something profound without some back up to it.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Not sure where all the hostility came from but you need to relax.. Just because I share a different opinon then yours doesnt make me wrong. As far as the interior portion of your comment there are plenty of interior linemen in that list..

I don't make an off handed comment with out some back up to it. I never claimed to be an expert of anything, but nor are you.. just because you have made 40,000 posts on this forum...

That off handed comment as you call it was directed at your garbage "uneducated" comment slap in my face. The Ravens have a history of drafting interior linemen in rounds other then the first and more so on day two of the draft. That was my proof for the comment in the first place and you then come with your ignorance. Not to mention learn to spell and to use punctuation because your grammatical errors are atrocious and very annoying. And considering you'll try to rebuff this the linemen I'm specifically referring to are Edwin Mulitalo, Mike Flynn, and Jason Brown and that is just the interior linemen I can recall of the top of my head.

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 12:18 PM
That off handed comment as you call it was directed at your garbage "uneducated" comment slap in my face. The Ravens have a history of drafting interior linemen in rounds other then the first and more so on day two of the draft. That was my proof for the comment in the first place and you then come with your ignorance. Not to mention learn to spell and to use punctuation because your grammatical errors are atrocious and very annoying. And considering you'll try to rebuff this the linemen I'm specifically referring to are Edwin Mulitalo, Mike Flynn, and Jason Brown and that is just the interior linemen I can recall of the top of my head.

Every Team has a history of drafting Linemen in the later rounds of the draft ! Because we have done a good job of scouting and developing those players we didnt need to draft any in the 1st but we didnt draft them in the 5-7th rounds either...

As far as uneducated.. Mike Flynn was never drafted he was a Rookie FA that was cut and resigned I believe 2 times before he caught on. Not sure where your getting your info from but we have only drafted 1 OL of any kind C - G - T after round 4 that made anything, and from reading anything on this forum he was overrated, Tony Pashos. Other than him we have drafted some real future HOFers like Mike Mabry, Brian Rimpf, Jeff Mitchell (Yes he started but he never did anything once he left), Sammy Williams, Richard Mercier. We have had a history of getting Rookie FA's and signing proven veterans not drafting Offensive Linemen so before you bash my intelligence on drafting a player and who we have drafted please have your facts straight...

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Every Team has a history of drafting Linemen in the later rounds of the draft ! Because we have done a good job of scouting and developing those players we didnt need to draft any in the 1st but we didnt draft them in the 5-7th rounds either...

As far as uneducated.. Mike Flynn was never drafted he was a Rookie FA that was cut and resigned I believe 2 times before he caught on. Not sure where your getting your info from but we have only drafted 1 OL of any kind C - G - T after round 4 that made anything, and from reading anything on this forum he was overrated, Tony Pashos. Other than him we have drafted some real future HOFers like Mike Mabry, Brian Rimpf, Jeff Mitchell (Yes he started but he never did anything once he left), Sammy Williams, Richard Mercier. We have had a history of getting Rookie FA's and signing proven veterans not drafting Offensive Linemen so before you bash my intelligence on drafting and who we have please have your facts straight...

How about this ass clown: Edwin Mulitalo 4th Round 1999 Jason Brown 4th Round 2005 both starting linemen. Yeah Jeff Mitchell was a loser, only helped anchor 2 offensive lines that went to the Super Bowl. As for the Pashos reference, that further proves you to be an ass clown since this debate is over interior linemen and not Tackles. Your facts are the ones in disorder sir so stay out of conversations where your bs views will be exploited for the farce that they are!

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 12:37 PM
How about this ass clown: Edwin Mulitalo 4th Round 1999 Jason Brown 4th Round 2005 both starting linemen. Yeah Jeff Mitchell was a loser, only helped anchor 2 offensive lines that went to the Super Bowl. As for the Pashos reference, that further proves you to be an ass clown since this debate is over interior linemen and not Tackles. Your facts are the ones in disorder sir so stay out of conversations where your bs views will be exploited for the farce that they are!

Again with the hostility... but your telling me that drafting 2 offensive linemen in 10 years outside of the 1st round qualifies as a good track record for taking linemen late in the draft. That is a very uneducated view. Pashos is overrated he had one average season and now he is the 2nd coming of Tackles ? Jeff Mitchell was far from the "Anchor" of that offensive line, and if he was so critical to the OL then why was he let go in place of Flynn, who you failed to make mention you were incorrect about drafting. My facts arent in disorder. Not sure where your hostility comes from... maybe you werent held as a child, maybe your wife tells you what to do I am not sure but you need to relax this is a forum, this is a place to speak your opinions about facts that are undisputable. Kind of like who we have drafted and where they were picked. So please go do some research and look at who we have drafted since 1996 and count the number of OL we have drafted and how many of them start for us now.

Plus drafting someone in the 1st-4th rounds in the draft and they end up playing doesnt make you draft geniuses ! Finding starters for your team in the 5-7th rounds makes you great. If you only get starters in the first 2 or 3 rounds you would not have a team to start until after 10 years of the draft !!

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Again with the hostility... but your telling me that drafting 2 offensive linemen in 10 years outside of the 1st round qualifies as a good track record for taking linemen late in the draft. That is a very uneducated view. Pashos is overrated he had one average season and now he is the 2nd coming of Tackles ? Jeff Mitchell was far from the "Anchor" of that offensive line, and if he was so critical to the OL then why was he let go in place of Flynn, who you failed to make mention you were incorrect about drafting. My facts arent in disorder. Not sure where your hostility comes from... maybe you werent held as a child, maybe your wife tells you what to do I am not sure but you need to relax this is a forum, this is a place to speak your opinions about facts that are undisputable. Kind of like who we have drafted and where they were picked. So please go do some research and look at who we have drafted since 1996 and count the number of OL we have drafted and how many of them start for us now.

Plus drafting someone in the 1st-4th rounds in the draft and they end up playing doesnt make you draft geniuses ! Finding starters for your team in the 5-7th rounds makes you great. If you only get starters in the first 2 or 3 rounds you would not have a team to start until after 10 years of the draft !!

Again with the Pashos reference, NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HIM! HE'S NOT AN INTERIOR LINEMAN, STOP MENTIONING HIM FOR HE IS IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC AT HAND! I'm talking about the here and now concerning the Ravens, i.e. the current draft history, current players, and current coaches and yet you want to bring up 1996. Enter the 21st century please! In recent years we have been drafting well on the offensive line with players not selected in the 1st round and thats the point. As for your shots at me and my hostility, I'll admit that the not being held one made me smile but after going through this forum and seeing all the garbage and idiotic posts and then seeing your posted about uneducated posts it set me off plus your supposed arrogance in threads pisses me off.

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Again with the Pashos reference, NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HIM! HE'S NOT AN INTERIOR LINEMAN, STOP MENTIONING HIM FOR HE IS IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC AT HAND! I'm talking about the here and now concerning the Ravens, i.e. the current draft history, current players, and current coaches and yet you want to bring up 1996. Enter the 21st century please! In recent years we have been drafting well on the offensive line with players not selected in the 1st round and thats the point. As for your shots at me and my hostility, I'll admit that the not being held one made me smile but after going through this forum and seeing all the garbage and idiotic posts and then seeing your posted about uneducated posts it set me off plus your supposed arrogance in threads pisses me off.

Have no idea why a posting on a forum would piss you off ? Sounds like to me that you need to seak professional help if reading something in here makes you that angry ?!

Still can't see where 2 players (Jason Brown & Adam Terry) we have drafted 1 of which has had one solid season and the other has only started a few games and shows promise but that and $3 gets you a gallon of gas, constitutes us as drafting great linemen late in the draft. As well, sue me for 3 years your talking about Mulitalo who was drafted in 99 and I talked about the last 10 years. Come on face the reality of the facts here, the Ravens having a GREAT albeit the Best draft history over the last decade have had a sketchy track record of drafting for the OL. JO is the proven comodity that we have drafted, yes Edwin & Jeff Mitchell have played well during their tenures here. Lets see Jason Brown and Chris Chester have sustained success for 3 or 4 seasons before we start carving a bust for them in Canton !!

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Have no idea why a posting on a forum would piss you off ? Sounds like to me that you need to seak professional help if reading something in here makes you that angry ?!

Still can't see where 2 players (Jason Brown & Adam Terry) we have drafted 1 of which has had one solid season and the other has only started a few games and shows promise but that and $3 gets you a gallon of gas, constitutes us as drafting great linemen late in the draft. As well, sue me for 3 years your talking about Mulitalo who was drafted in 99 and I talked about the last 10 years. Come on face the reality of the facts here, the Ravens having a GREAT albeit the Best draft history over the last decade have had a sketchy track record of drafting for the OL. JO is the proven comodity that we have drafted, yes Edwin & Jeff Mitchell have played well during their tenures here. Lets see Jason Brown and Chris Chester have sustained success for 3 or 4 seasons before we start carving a bust for them in Canton !!

Now I understand your nonsense, you compare every draft to the 1996 one and thats why you go off on these apparent illogical tangents. Let me tell you that the 96 draft of JO and Ray was once in a lifetime and cannot be a measure for all of our future drafts. Not everyone will be a Hall of Famer but reliable contributions is all you hope for so Mulitalo and Mitchell were successes just as Brown's production last year. You set your personal bar of success to high.

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Now I understand your nonsense, you compare every draft to the 1996 one and thats why you go off on these apparent illogical tangents. Let me tell you that the 96 draft of JO and Ray was once in a lifetime and cannot be a measure for all of our future drafts. Not everyone will be a Hall of Famer but reliable contributions is all you hope for so Mulitalo and Mitchell were successes just as Brown's production last year. You set your personal bar of success to high.

No thats not my basis for the draft I have not compared everything to 1996 in fact I have compared it to ALL of our draft history all 10 years. I am saying your statement about the Ravens having a proven track record of drafting INTERIOR LINEMEN later in the draft is incorrect. Again 2 players in 10 years does not stand to say we have a good track record for your claim. Especially since those 2 players don't play anymore for us.

I do enjoy the selective nature of your posts, now I am setting my bar to high ? If you are drafting players to have them be career backups then try being the GM for the Arena league they are always looking for good people or not so good people. I want the Ravens to take players that are going to solid performers for us for more than 1 season. Your rebutals to my posts have more holes then Keith Richards Liver, just look at the facts and you will see we don't have a good track record for drafting for our OL period. Drafting RB's, TE's, DB's, DE's, DT's, LB's yeah we have one of the best if not the best records for drafting those positions. Not QB... NOT OL....Not WR.

I guess the next thing you'll say is we have the best record for selecting Kickers too ? Before you make anymore posts that I don't have my facts straight do some research to make some educated statements about what and when and where the Ravens draft players.

ChewyRaven318
04-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I think that with the depth we have at every other position, it honestly wouldn't hurt to take an Interior Lineman. Do we NEED it? no. But there's gonna be someone at the bottom of each round, be it Guard, Tackle, Corner, or even a DE/OLB who we can turn into a stud. Does it mean that they WILL turn into a stud? Of course not. But we can afford to go in a million directions.

It certainly wouldn't HURT to go for Kalil, as others have mentioned, because he's a presence that would help our O-line and our depth greatly. If we pass him up, someone else will take him no more than 10 picks later(mid-round 2 absolute latest).

But I'm pretty much hoping Staley is overhyped and that he'll fall to us regardless.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah we can't draft offensive linemen at all:

Casey Rabach
Jeff Mitchell
Edwin Mulitalo
Jason Brown
Adam Terry
Tony Pashos

And of course we never use undrafted free agents either *cough* Mike Flynn * cough* when it comes our line either. None of those guys ever started a game or blocked for running backs that rushed for over 1,000 yards or anything of merit in the NFL. You complain about my rebuttals, see I can spell the word, but yours are subjective bs cast full of your over expectations. Every draft pick will not go to the Pro Bowl or even make the team but you expect them to be team leaders or something ridiculous. Keep telling yourself that your right, one day you'll actually believe it....

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I think that with the depth we have at every other position, it honestly wouldn't hurt to take an Interior Lineman. Do we NEED it? no. But there's gonna be someone at the bottom of each round, be it Guard, Tackle, Corner, or even a DE/OLB who we can turn into a stud. Does it mean that they WILL turn into a stud? Of course not. But we can afford to go in a million directions.

It certainly wouldn't HURT to go for Kalil, as others have mentioned, because he's a presence that would help our O-line and our depth greatly. If we pass him up, someone else will take him no more than 10 picks later(mid-round 2 absolute latest).

But I'm pretty much hoping Staley is overhyped and that he'll fall to us regardless.

No no, according to ChefMike we can't draft offensive linemen so Kalil is out of the question and so is Ted Ginn Jr because we can't draft wide receivers either. We have to draft all defensive players or a tight end based on his logic.

ChewyRaven318
04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
The Ravens are a relatively NEW Franchise, I mean this is only our 12th draft to begin with. The Ravens don't really have a PROVEN track record with anything in regards to the draft. We've had our share of booms and busts, and it looks like every player we've drafted in the past couple of years has been a contributor. So has like..every team in the league though.

I seriously still don't get this argument. If we draft an Interior Lineman like Kalil in the first round, awesome. If we don't and go in another direction, as long as we find a player that fits our needs, we're good. Does it really matter? We'll take the best player with the best value at a position we need. If it happens to be Kalil? Awesome. If it's someone else, that'll be fine. I don't think it's a question of our track record at certain positions, but more of a "Who's gonna be the best guy when the time comes?" Ginn Jr. most likely won't fall that far. If he does, then we can afford to pull the trigger. Staley, I still think he could fall to us. When he does, we def take him. Scott's latest Mock Draft, Chris Houston. Even though the Ravens are hellbent on giving Rolle another year, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

I think however to say that we don't have a good track record at certain positions is unfair, as every position out there for us has had its booms and busts, as well as its sleepers. IN OZZIE WE TRUST, PEOPLE.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 03:02 PM
The Ravens are a relatively NEW Franchise, I mean this is only our 12th draft to begin with. The Ravens don't really have a PROVEN track record with anything in regards to the draft. We've had our share of booms and busts, and it looks like every player we've drafted in the past couple of years has been a contributor. So has like..every team in the league though.

I seriously still don't get this argument. If we draft an Interior Lineman like Kalil in the first round, awesome. If we don't and go in another direction, as long as we find a player that fits our needs, we're good. Does it really matter? We'll take the best player with the best value at a position we need. If it happens to be Kalil? Awesome. If it's someone else, that'll be fine. I don't think it's a question of our track record at certain positions, but more of a "Who's gonna be the best guy when the time comes?" Ginn Jr. most likely won't fall that far. If he does, then we can afford to pull the trigger. Staley, I still think he could fall to us. When he does, we def take him. Scott's latest Mock Draft, Chris Houston. Even though the Ravens are hellbent on giving Rolle another year, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

I think however to say that we don't have a good track record at certain positions is unfair, as every position out there for us has had its booms and busts, as well as its sleepers. IN OZZIE WE TRUST, PEOPLE.

I like the Houston pick actually and Rolle will be awesome this year you wait and see.....

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah we can't draft offensive linemen at all:

Casey Rabach
Jeff Mitchell
Edwin Mulitalo
Jason Brown
Adam Terry
Tony Pashos

And of course we never use undrafted free agents either *cough* Mike Flynn * cough* when it comes our line either. None of those guys ever started a game or blocked for running backs that rushed for over 1,000 yards or anything of merit in the NFL. You complain about my rebuttals, see I can spell the word, but yours are subjective bs cast full of your over expectations. Every draft pick will not go to the Pro Bowl or even make the team but you expect them to be team leaders or something ridiculous. Keep telling yourself that your right, one day you'll actually believe it....

No no, according to ChefMike we can't draft offensive linemen so Kalil is out of the question and so is Ted Ginn Jr because we can't draft wide receivers either. We have to draft all defensive players or a tight end based on his logic.

You have to be kidding me ??? Are you serious your now going to take the information that you screwed up and try and throw it back at me ????? You are completely mental bro ! I have never said NOT to draft Kalil in the 1st.. in fact I said to do so... and if you actually read anything in this forum I have been talking about Ted Ginn Jr before anyone else was.. in fact I started a thread about Drafting Ted Ginn...

Now if your going to tell me that those people you listed above support your argument...well.. then you really were dropped on your head as a child.

Your debate about my facts is silly, you want to debate my thoughts on those facts then fine... but you were the one telling me we drafted Mike Flynn and you were wrong...No I don't think every draft pick will be Pro Bowlers...what I said if you really knew how to read was that you want to draft them and they turn into Pro Bowlers but I want to draft solid performers that Start for us for more then 1 year...

Oh and what happened to stop talking about Tackles your dispute was about interior linemen ? Your now bringing up Pashos and Terry ? Both of which have never made it to the Pro Bowl or are considered top 15 at their Position...

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 04:28 PM
You have to be kidding me ??? Are you serious your now going to take the information that you screwed up and try and throw it back at me ????? You are completely mental bro ! I have never said NOT to draft Kalil in the 1st.. in fact I said to do so... and if you actually read anything in this forum I have been talking about Ted Ginn Jr before anyone else was.. in fact I started a thread about Drafting Ted Ginn...

Now if your going to tell me that those people you listed above support your argument...well.. then you really were dropped on your head as a child.

Your debate about my facts is silly, you want to debate my thoughts on those facts then fine... but you were the one telling me we drafted Mike Flynn and you were wrong...No I don't think every draft pick will be Pro Bowlers...what I said if you really knew how to read was that you want to draft them and they turn into Pro Bowlers but I want to draft solid performers that Start for us for more then 1 year...

Oh and what happened to stop talking about Tackles your dispute was about interior linemen ? Your now bringing up Pashos and Terry ? Both of which have never made it to the Pro Bowl or are considered top 15 at their Position...

Actually sir I never said we drafted Mike Flynn I said we acquired our linemen on Day 2 which as an undrafted free agent his acquistion would be after the draft but still on Day 2 dealings. As for Terry and Pashos, with your refusal to stop mentioning them I figured I was beating a dead horse so I mentioned them to allow your primitive mind to keep up. And making the Pro Bowl is such an accomplishment when Vince Young made it last year and Mike Vick continually makes it and he's obviously the best QB in the NFC year after year. If you let go of your arrogance you would see that your logic is flawed because I can counter every one of your thoughts. And actually I'm in favor of selecting many players so its whatever.

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Actually sir I never said we drafted Mike Flynn I said we acquired our linemen on Day 2 which as an undrafted free agent his acquistion would be after the draft but still on Day 2 dealings. As for Terry and Pashos, with your refusal to stop mentioning them I figured I was beating a dead horse so I mentioned them to allow your primitive mind to keep up. And making the Pro Bowl is such an accomplishment when Vince Young made it last year and Mike Vick continually makes it and he's obviously the best QB in the NFC year after year. If you let go of your arrogance you would see that your logic is flawed because I can counter every one of your thoughts. And actually I'm in favor of selecting many players so its whatever.

OK now you really lost me.... your saying that Michael Vick is the Best QB in the NFC ?????????

"And making the Pro Bowl is such an accomplishment when Vince Young made it last year and Mike Vick continually makes it and he's obviously the best QB in the NFC year after year"

You have to be joking ????? Oh and to speak to my poor grammar you don't start a sentence with And ?!!?

You did however say we drafted Mike Flynn...not that we just got him on Day 2.. bro your a little special go suck your thumb and crawl into the corner.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 04:42 PM
OK now you really lost me.... your saying that Michael Vick is the Best QB in the NFC ?????????

"And making the Pro Bowl is such an accomplishment when Vince Young made it last year and Mike Vick continually makes it and he's obviously the best QB in the NFC year after year"

You have to be joking ????? Oh and to speak to my poor grammar you don't start a sentence with And ?!!?

You did however say we drafted Mike Flynn...not that we just got him on Day 2.. bro your a little special go suck your thumb and crawl into the corner.

Do you understand the concept of sarcasm you ass clown?

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 04:50 PM

"The Ravens have a history of drafting interior linemen in rounds other then the first and more so on day two of the draft"
"And considering you'll try to rebuff this the linemen I'm specifically referring to are Edwin Mulitalo, Mike Flynn, and Jason Brown and that is just the interior linemen I can recall of the top of my head."

Now not only are starting sentences with And but you said DRAFT on day 2 not pick up Rookie FA's... and to imply that getting a Rookie FA is the same thing as selecting a player in rounds 4-7 is idiotic.

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Do you understand the concept of sarcasm you ass clown?

Wow such hostility... you must be kidding me you are actually getting pissed off again... you really are disturbed...

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 04:54 PM
"The Ravens have a history of drafting interior linemen in rounds other then the first and more so on day two of the draft"
"And considering you'll try to rebuff this the linemen I'm specifically referring to are Edwin Mulitalo, Mike Flynn, and Jason Brown and that is just the interior linemen I can recall of the top of my head."

Now not only are starting sentences with And but you said DRAFT on day 2 not pick up Rookie FA's... and to imply that getting a Rookie FA is the same thing as selecting a player in rounds 4-7 is idiotic.

Wow keep picking and choosing arguments makes you a hero! :D

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Wow keep picking and choosing arguments makes you a hero! :D

What ???????

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
What ???????

You keep jumping from subject to subject without responding to comments like the one I made pertaining to your lack of sarcasm.

go_ravens94
04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Getting back on topic:

Winner:
Ryan Kalil

T2: Dwayne Bowe
T2: Ted Ginn Jr.

Others recieving votes:

Jarvis Moss
Anthony Spencer
Tank Tyler
Charles Johnson
Tony Ugoh

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah I'm done with messing with Chef, he's good peeps. I agree with him anyway that we just take the best player out there. Truce man.......

go_ravens94
04-25-2007, 06:12 PM
BPA 'til the end.

The Legend
04-25-2007, 07:27 PM
I Would Like Corner / Safety "Because I Dont Feel We Alot Of Depth"

Aaron Ross | Cornerback | Texas | Height: 6-1 | Weight: 190 | 40-Time: 4.50
Aaron Ross Profile (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/cb/aaronross.html)
Aaron Ross Highlight (http://youtube.com/watch?v=w4kndps7Z7M)

Tackles : 200 / Interceptions : 10

Brandon Meriweather | Safety | Miami | Height: 5-11 | Weight: 195 | 40-Time: 4.47

Brandon Meriweather Profile (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/brandonmeriweather.html)
Brandon Meriweather Highlight (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-_JitnSfA)

Tackles : 300 / Interceptions : 7

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 08:36 PM
You keep jumping from subject to subject without responding to comments like the one I made pertaining to your lack of sarcasm.

Refer to post #40....

Whatever though... I was done with your argument and hostility towards me awhile back...

Truce..

Still think we need to take Blaylock, Kalil or even Jarvis Moss if available...Want Ted Ginn but really don't think he will be there...

Ravens1991
04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
why would we take a S in the first, Landry played amazing, I could understand on day 2 but no need for round 1.

ChefMike
04-25-2007, 08:54 PM
why would we take a S in the first, Landry played amazing, I could understand on day 2 but no need for round 1.

Agree again with that statement, Landry is a budding stud I could see us possibly and I stress possibly taking a CB but not a safety, but would much rather see us take another Offensive Line Prospect like Blaylock or Kalil or even Ugoh.

America
04-25-2007, 09:12 PM
We could go S/CB in round two with Weddle. But I don't think we get a CB/S in round 1. I really would like to see a curveball with our pick, just something completely unexpected.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 10:25 PM
We could go S/CB in round two with Weddle. But I don't think we get a CB/S in round 1. I really would like to see a curveball with our pick, just something completely unexpected.

Justin Medlock in the first, now thats a curveball.

America
04-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Justin Medlock in the first, now thats a curveball.

That would be interesting.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
That would be interesting.

Indeed, I welcome the insanity. :D

America
04-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Indeed, I welcome the insanity. :D

We'll if we're going that crazy - go for Podlesh. He's an absolute beast. Can't kick that well but was a dominant sprinter in high school and is pretty strong. We must have the most trick plays on Special Teams.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 10:52 PM
We'll if we're going that crazy - go for Podlesh. He's an absolute beast. Can't kick that well but was a dominant sprinter in high school and is pretty strong. We must have the most trick plays on Special Teams.

Nah we got a punter, unless he can play other positions. Compete for Todd Heap's spot maybe?

America
04-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Nah we got a punter, unless he can play other positions. Compete for Todd Heap's spot maybe?

I was thinking Ngata's.

BigDawg819
04-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I was thinking Ngata's.

Even better, sign him now!

go_ravens94
05-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I wanted to bump this to look at the Poll Results (Not including players that had already been picked):

1. Ryan Kalil, C-8 Votes
T2. Tank Tyler-1
T2. Charles Johnson-1
T2. Tony Ugoh-1
T2. BEN GRUBBS-1

WITH players that weren't there:

1. Kalil-8
2. Ginn-4
3. Bowe-3
...GRUBBS-1