PDA

View Full Version : The Mock You Will Hate!

Miami Kush
04-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I know I'm not going tp please everyone but please if you dont like it tell me why and who should be where instead.

A couple of trades:

Raiders trade for Veteran QB.

Bills trade 1st and 3rd, plus 2008 3rd for Redskins 1st.

Miami trades 1st rd and 4th rd to Vikings for 1st rd.

1ST ROUND

1. Oakland: Calvin Johnson, WR, GT
Raiders made the trade tobring in a veteran QB so that they can take Calvin Johnson by far the best overall player in the draft and the future of Oakland.

2. Detroit: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
Detroit looks long and hard at Russel and Quinn here but the fact is they are in love with Adams and they still think that Kitna will be good enough for at least 1 more year.

3. Cleveland: Jamarcus Russell, QB, LSU
With Oakland taking CJ and Detroit passing on a QB the Browns now have win the QB jackpot. They take Russell who has the most potential and the biggest arm in all of football.

4. Tampa Bay: Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
Since CJ is gone the Bucs may look to trade down but if they dont they will be happy to take the kid who may have the bggest upside in the draft. With Amobi being 19 this gives their aging defense the youth and the spark to be great again.

5. Arizona: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
Arizona gets exactly what they want a sure LT take will be the cornerstone of their line for the next decade.

6. Buffalo: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
Seeing that Peterson has fallen this far the bills want to make sure that they get the best RB in this years draft. Since Willis left their biggest need is a RB to give Losman some help in the backfield.

7. Miami: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
Quin gets the Lienart treatment, seeing this Miami pulls the trigger and trades up to get the future of the franchise at QB. Miami has already let it be know that Culpepper is gone and Cleo is not the answer. I still think that they will make the trade for Green and draft Quinn who can sit for a year and learn under Green.

8. Atlanta: Laron Landry, S, LSU
They go with Landry a 4 year starter for LSU. Landry will help sure up the secondary behind Hall. They could also look at a DE or even a OL here but it seems that Landry is the best pick here.

9. Minnesota: Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
The Viks were happy to trade down with miami they get an extra pick and still can address a need and get a quality player. Anderson will help this already good defense opposite Udeze.

10. Houston: Levi Brown, OT, Penn St.
The Texans finally make the right pick although they dont get the best LT they still are showing that they learned their lessons from previous drafts and make a good pick with Brown. Brown will be able to help what seems to be the worst offensive line in football year in and year out.

11. San Francisco: Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss
The 49ers have shown that they are making moves in all the right directon. After signing Clements this offseason they look sure up their LB core with Willis who will help their defense right away.

12. Washington: Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
As always Washington looked to trade their pick and found a buyer. By moving down the skins gain a 3rd rd pick and can still get what might turn out to be a steal at 12. Just a few weeks ago people were saying that Branch was the 2nd best defensive player avalible. The skins would be happy to take him here, he is big run stopping DT and if he get back on track can be a great football player.

13. St. Louis: Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio St.
The Rams are looking for someone that will be able to replace Bruce either this year or next. Ginn would be a good counter part to Holt, he also would help the special teams with his superior return abilities.

14. Carolina: Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
Olsen has flowen up the draft board after his combine and proday work outs. Carolina needs someone that Jake can check down to when their only true passing threat Smith is covered down field.Olsen gives then the next great tightend out of "Da U!"

15. Pittsburgh: Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
Ike Taylor was, well lets just say not good, and Hall who showed his vulnerabilty against speedy recievers like Ginn in college, is still the best overall CB in the draft. He should be able to help their weakened CB. They could also go with a 3-4 LB or DE in this spot as well.

16. Green Bay: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
With Farve coming back GB wants to give them as much help as possible and with the departure of Green they are going to need a future at RB. Lynch is the second best RB and is a great pass catching RB who will be able to give Farve a sure check down option out of the backfield.

17. Jacksonville: Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
The Jags look to address their aging S need since Ginn is gone, who would give them the speed they need to go opposite their big WR. Nelson is a true play maker who will be able to step in right away and make a difference in the secondary.

18. Cincinnati: Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
The Bengals are pretty set on the offensive side of the ball and look to help their defensive and specificly their secondary. Revis is a good physical CB with good speed will be able to help right away.

19. Tennessee: Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
Here the Titians are looking more for offensive weapons to give Young then actual need. Bowe is physical and fast WR, he will give Vince a young WR to create chemistry with. With Drew Bennett gone Vince is going to need someone to throw to and Bowe is the next best WR on the board at this point.

20. NY Giants: Lawrence Timmons, LB, Florida State
Giants decided to go with Timmons over Posluszny simply because they like speed on the defensive side. Timmons is faster are more of a raw LB but he is a tackling machine and should be able line up next to Pierce which would create quite a LB duo.

21. Denver: Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida
Denver has hadtone of luck with Florida defensive lineman, so why stop now. After a very impressive year topped by a outstanding National Champ game and workouts, Denver picks Moss who is a fast pass rushing DE that will be the next great Florida DE.

22. Dallas: Michael Griffin, S, Texas
Dallas was hoping that Nelson would fall this far, and he stil might, but since he is gone they still look to find a Saftey opposite Roy. Griffin is a ball hawk who know how to play the game and will be able to provide some additional help against the deep ball, that has beat them so many times in the past.

23. Chiefs: Justin Blalock, G, Texas
With the sudden retiring of Will Sheilds the Chiefs look to restock their line to make sure LJ can run free. Blalock is the best G avalible and will be able to step in and replace Shields right away.

24. Patriots: Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn St.
Just the type of player Belichick loves, Posluszny is a smart and talented LB that will be able to learn from Bruschi and will be able to take over when he leaves.

25. NY Jets: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
The Jets are looking for someone to replace big John Abraham and help stop the run. Carriker is a good run stopping DE and with Eric Mangini being molded after Belichick Carriker seems like he would be a perfect fit for the Jets. Marcus McCauley CB is another option here as they need a CB as well.

26. Philadelphia: Jon Beason, OLB, Miami
Beason is a hard working raw but very talented LB. He has good speed and instincts. I think that Beason would fit in perfectly with the Eagles defense who all seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

27. Saints: Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
CB is probaly their biggest need, the defense played well but they are still in need of a good CB to play opposite McKenzie. Houston is a fast CB who is physical, will help the Saint solidify the secondary.

[B]28. Patriots: Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno St. Now with the uncertainy of Samuel and need of a CB McCauley seems that he would be a soild pick for the Pats here. McCauley has good speed and is a physical CB who knows how to play the ball well, will help this already good defense.

29. Baltimore: Joe Staley T Central Michigan
Now that they got Willis they are going to make sure that they give him plenty of holes to run through. Ogden is not getting any younger and has already started to talk about retirement so this would be a good pick for the futrue considering they could put Staley a RT until Ogden retires.

30. San Diego: Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
The bggest need for the Chargers is a #1 reciever, Meachem is a young fast and very talented WR. He has great body control and sure hands, will give Rivers the deep target and will help open up Gates in the passing game.

31. Chicago: Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
Muhammad is getting older and the Bears are going to need someone to line up opposite Berrian in the futrue. Jarrett has good body control and great hands, he doesnt have the timed speed but should still be able to get open.

32. Colts: Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
Dungy is always looking to gt speed on his defense and Harell has good speed for his size. He is a good run stopper and should help the colts defense against the run.

ROUND 2

33. Oakland: Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas
34. Detroit: Eric Wright, CB, UNLV
35. Tampa Bay: Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami
36. Cleveland: Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
37. Chicago: Zach Miller - TE, Arizona State
38. Arizona: Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia
39. Atlanta: Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
40. Miami: Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
41. Minnesota: Steve Smith, WR, USC
42. San Francisco: Ray McDonald, DT, Florida
43. Buffalo: Tanard Jackson, CB, Syracuse
44. Atlanta:Tank Tyler, DT, N.C. State
45. Carolina: Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame
46. Pittsburgh: Ryan Kalil, C, USC
47. Green Bay: Anthony Gonzales, WR, Ohio State
48. Jacksonville: Craig Davis, WR, LSU
49. Cincinnati: David Harris, LB, Michigan
50. Tennessee: Eric Weddle, S, Utah
51. NY Giants: Arron Sears, OT, Tennessee
52. St. Louis: Buster Davis, ILB, Florida State
53. Dallas: Ryan Harris, OT, Notre Dame
54. Chiefs: Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio St.
55. Seattle: Marshal Yanda, OG, Iowa
56. Denver: James Marten, OT ,Boston College
57. Philadelphia: Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech
58. Saints: Jason Hill, WR, Wash. St.
59. Jets: Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio St
60. Miami: Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan St.
61. Baltimore: Quentin Moses, DE ,Georgia
62. San Diego: Brandon Siler, LB, Florida
63. Jets: Daymeion Hughes, CB, California
64. Tampa Bay:Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford

RaiderNation
04-22-2007, 11:23 PM
1st GREAT

2nd okay, kalil or edwards would be better

T-RICH49
04-22-2007, 11:24 PM
1st. PERFECT

2nd. TERRIBLE!Hill, Moses or Daymeion Hughes instead

thebow305
04-22-2007, 11:25 PM
LOVE THE MIAMI PICK! But we won't have to do that, Childress will be too stubborn to pick Quinn, and admit he was wrong about Jackson.

I would hate Buffalo getting Adrian Peterson, I love Peterson and would hate to see him go to that sinking ship.

I do not like Sidney Rice, any other reciever for us please!

49erfaithful
04-22-2007, 11:26 PM
your right, i dont like this mock.

even though Willis is a good pick, DL is much more of a need than LB is right now. We have no replacemtn right now for Bryant Young and Carriker fits our 3-4 perfectly. In the second WR is what we need. We need a guy that can get down field like Jason Hill and provide another weapon for Alex Smith

alexschnarr
04-23-2007, 03:20 AM
49ers need a wr in round 2, but i am happy with the Willis pick

Bills2083
04-23-2007, 06:30 AM
If the Bills were to make that trade, we would draft David Harris at 43. Our starting LBs are Haggan-Crowell-Ellison. Need I say more?

Caddy
04-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Okoye and Merriweather are great picks in their respective positions, but Trent Edwards is definitely not required. Unless the Bucs go for Brady Quinn, I can't see them taking a QB at all.

jackalope
04-23-2007, 07:15 AM
I like our first rounder, but I'm not a big fan of Gonzalez.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 08:03 AM
I would vhange the Eagles pick to Meriweather in the first and Leonard in the second.

BIG Country
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
For Carolina I would change the second round pick to a safety. They have to draft a starting safety. I know the in pick for them in the 1st is Greg Olsen but the team could easily pass on him for Nelson too.