PDA

View Full Version : Scott's Mock 4/23

EdReedUnstoppable
04-23-2007, 05:13 AM
Rd 1- Chris Houston CB, Arkansas= I think its a very good pick, in fact if Staley and Ginn are gone like they are I would love this pick. Gives us a replacement for Samari after this season, and it allows Pittman to be the nickel after this year when Ivy's contract is up.

Rd 2- Ryan Harris OT, Notre Dame= Still hate this pick, think it sucks and looking at the players left on the board I would rather have any of the following....

Ikaika Alama-Franicis DE, Hawaii= Would bring great depth to our DL and eventually replace Trevor Pryce.

Victor Abiamiri DE, Notre Dame= A local guy and would be a good late 2nd pick.

Ray McDonald DL, Florida= Would add great depth to our DL.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Houston is a super pick IMO in terms of value but Harris pick I hate, heck i'd rather have David Harris.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-23-2007, 05:39 AM
I have some late rd OTs I like better than Harris such as Stephon Heyer from Maryland and Jermon Bushrod from Towson.

ccB
04-23-2007, 08:27 AM
I totally agree with you ERU. I like the Houston pick he seems like a Ravens type of player. Great physical tools and isnt afraid to get physical while covering.

I also still hate the Ryan Harris pick, we are reaching to fill our need which is never good. I am a huge Ikaika Alama-Franicis groupie. The guy is a stud and on our defense would be a perennial pro bowler no doubt about it. With Ngata and Francis our D-Line would be Young, Vicious and Versatile.

Other players at our 2nd pick I'd rather have than Ryan Harris...

-Ray Mcdonald- I am also big on him, reminds me of Trevor Pryce Jr.
-Justin Durant- Athletic prospect that our team seems to love, Could be the eventual replacement for Ray Ray inside.
- Victor Abiamiri- AD replacement
- Quentin Moses- Ton of potential, though hes not availble in scotts mock I really think he will fall to our 2nd pick and hes be the perfect pick for me.

go_ravens94
04-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Love the Houston pick, I now think Scott is getting it about BPA...

UNTIL I SAW THAT TERRIBLE RYAN HARRIS PICK!

go_ravens94
04-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I totally agree with you ERU. I like the Houston pick he seems like a Ravens type of player. Great physical tools and isnt afraid to get physical while covering.

I also still hate the Ryan Harris pick, we are reaching to fill our need which is never good. I am a huge Ikaika Alama-Franicis groupie. The guy is a stud and on our defense would be a perennial pro bowler no doubt about it. With Ngata and Francis our D-Line would be Young, Vicious and Versatile.

-Justin Durant- Athletic prospect that our team seems to love, Could be the eventual replacement for Ray Ray inside.
- Quentin Moses- Ton of potential, though hes not availble in scotts mock I really think he will fall to our 2nd pick and hes be the perfect pick for me.

I like Moses, but WHERE IS JOSH WILSON?

ccB
04-23-2007, 08:32 AM
I like Moses, but WHERE IS JOSH WILSON?

Well I didnt include Josh because I was listing players to take if we took Chris Houston 1st round. If we took someone like Jarvis Moss first round Id love to take Josh with our 2nd pick. I would actually probably like that better than getting Chris Houston and Quentin Moses.

go_ravens94
04-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Okay, that's fine.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM

I was gonna put him as one of the guys Id rather have in rd 2 but I honestly believe he isn't making it past the first 15 picks of Rd 2.

ChefMike
04-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Not happy about this Mock... I think there is too much quality at other positions of need that the BPA is not Houston... nor Harris (WAY Overrated). I think we could have taken a host of OL, WR, or DE. I think we can get some good value in day 2 on the DB front. Unless we can have a Griffin fall to us I think we wait on taking a CB like Houston who is a workout warrior. When your breakout is the scouting combine thats a bad thing in my opinion... I don't know about you but Mike Mamula, Tony Mandarich, Matt Jones, etc have not made it to the HOF yet and they were all workout warriors that made their respective breakout at the scouting combine !

BigDawg819
04-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Not happy about this Mock... I think there is too much quality at other positions of need that the BPA is not Houston... nor Harris (WAY Overrated). I think we could have taken a host of OL, WR, or DE. I think we can get some good value in day 2 on the DB front. Unless we can have a Griffin fall to us I think we wait on taking a CB like Houston who is a workout warrior. When your breakout is the scouting combine thats a bad thing in my opinion... I don't know about you but Mike Mamula, Tony Mandarich, Matt Jones, etc have not made it to the HOF yet and they were all workout warriors that made their respective breakout at the scouting combine !

Chris Houston was a stud before the combine so its not like he burst on the scene as you seem to want to describe. He would be an excellent pick and another fine defensive selection for the Ravens.

ChefMike
04-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Chris Houston was a stud before the combine so its not like he burst on the scene as you seem to want to describe. He would be an excellent pick and another fine defensive selection for the Ravens.

Prior to the season he was not on the radar as a 1st rd pick. He was not a Super Star until after the season and went to the Combine and unless you followed the Razorbacks or SEC football you wouldnt have known who this guy is... Even Mel Kiper has said on more then one occasion that he is a workout warrior with good physical measureables but is ranked behind Marcus McCauley and Eric Wright which would move him down to around the 5th or 6th CB in the draft, BUT because of his Combine workouts he moves up...

dcarey20
04-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Chris Houston is an amazing pick.

Ryan Harris, not so much. Don't see him as anywhere near a 2nd round prospect.

BigDawg819
04-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Prior to the season he was not on the radar as a 1st rd pick. He was not a Super Star until after the season and went to the Combine and unless you followed the Razorbacks or SEC football you wouldnt have known who this guy is... Even Mel Kiper has said on more then one occasion that he is a workout warrior with good physical measureables but is ranked behind Marcus McCauley and Eric Wright which would move him down to around the 5th or 6th CB in the draft, BUT because of his Combine workouts he moves up...

The same could be said about Jamarcus Russell who wasn't on anyones radar until outclassing Brady Quinn in the Sugar Bowl against a subpar Notre Dame defense and yet he's grown a cult like following as the second coming. You can try to spin any argument about a prospect in your favor as much as you want but I'm not falling for your conjecture. Any true football fan looks at tape and Houston was a damn fine corner for a good Razorback team and will shine in the NFL in the right circumstances. Besides all the attention on that team was about McFadden or the woes of Casey Dick so Houston was odd man out in terms of media coverage, that is until he shined at the Senior Bowl practices a tidbit you failed to mention.

go_ravens94
04-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Chris Houston is an amazing pick.

Ryan Harris, not so much. Don't see him as anywhere near a 2nd round prospect.

Harris is a potenial guy, we want a BOOM player like JO.

America
04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Rd 1- Chris Houston CB, Arkansas= I think its a very good pick, in fact if Staley and Ginn are gone like they are I would love this pick. Gives us a replacement for Samari after this season, and it allows Pittman to be the nickel after this year when Ivy's contract is up.

I'm not a big fan of it, although it is good value. I'm just a little skeptical of Houston. No, I don't think he'll be like Ahmad Caroll but there's something about it. At least our scheme players to his strength. I could live with it.

Rd 2- Ryan Harris OT, Notre Dame= Still hate this pick, think it sucks and looking at the players left on the board I would rather have any of the following....

I absolutely hate this pick, but Scott keeps making it. Harris is a day 2 guy IMO. I like the players below, except I have lost some love for McDonald. He seems to me like Corey Redding and would be best as a Tampa 2 DT. I'd add Stewart Bradley, Baraka Atkins, Brandon Siler, and maybe even reach on Marshall Yanda and Ryan McBean. Another sleeper there is Eric Weddle. Not a need pick, but if we didn't go Houston in round 1 could be our nickel safety or corner.

Ikaika Alama-Franicis DE, Hawaii= Would bring great depth to our DL and eventually replace Trevor Pryce.

Victor Abiamiri DE, Notre Dame= A local guy and would be a good late 2nd pick.

Ray McDonald DL, Florida= Would add great depth to our DL.

I really want to trade down and get our third rounder back.

America
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
The same could be said about Jamarcus Russell who wasn't on anyones radar until outclassing Brady Quinn in the Sugar Bowl against a subpar Notre Dame defense and yet he's grown a cult like following as the second coming. You can try to spin any argument about a prospect in your favor as much as you want but I'm not falling for your conjecture. Any true football fan looks at tape and Houston was a damn fine corner for a good Razorback team and will shine in the NFL in the right circumstances. Besides all the attention on that team was about McFadden or the woes of Casey Dick so Houston was odd man out in terms of media coverage, that is until he shined at the Senior Bowl practices a tidbit you failed to mention.

I'm gonna have to go watch more on Houston, but he is a "workout warrior." Not to say he wasn't good this year cause he was, but he's very risky. Remember those 2 catches of Jarrett, one was a TD. I think our scheme gives him the best oportunity to succeed though since we play our corners on islands. He's got good closing speed, but he's bad over the middle. He's fooled a little too easily and gets lucky a lot when the QB throws behind the receiver cause they've got him beat. It's mostly cause he plays so close to the guy and he bumps them a lot. He's good on short routes, great on deep ones, but I worry about him crossing the middle.

dcarey20
04-23-2007, 07:28 PM
Ray McDonald is one of my favorite picks for us at 61. He's alot like Trevor Pryce, as he can play tackle or end, can eat up blocks, and be a solid pass rusher. He'd really be a perfect pick for us.

jkpigskin
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
love the mock scott has

love even more that he has victor in it

Yung Flippa
04-23-2007, 09:27 PM
I love the Chris Houston Pick
but in the 2nd Round I'd Rather have

Ray McDonald, DE/DT, Florida

Justin Durant, LB, Hampton

James Marten, OT, Boston College