PDA

View Full Version : My first (ever) mock...

whodathunkit
04-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Here are my 1st round selections in the draft (including the trades I think could l happen)... hey, it's boring if you just go in 1.2. 3. order without using some creativity...

and don't tell me how idiotic I am unless you offer your own picks...

1. Oakland - will take Calvin Johnson (WR Georgia Tech) because former Raiders coach Jon Gruden wants CJ sooo much. Al Davis - the only man to draft for spite. Then they may work a trade with the Bucs for one of their QB's (especially if Jake Plummer comes back from retirement - the Bucs hold his rights)

2. Cleveland - (from Detroit) - will take Jamarcus Russell (QB LSU) - and will give up this year's second round pic and next year's 3rd round pic.

3. Detroit (swap w/Cleveland) - Gaines Adams (DE Clemson) Matt Millan has screwed up in recent years, so this year he goes with top DE who should start for many, many years.

4. Miami (swap w/Tampa) - Brady Quinn (QB Notre Dame) - Miami is desperate to get a potential francise QB -Doesn't look like Trent Green is headed to South Beach. Quinn is who they sell out for.

5. Arizona - Joe Thomas (OT Wisconsin) This guy, if he stays healthy, will bean anchor for years. Safe pick,and good pick. Will help Matt Leinart stay in the pocket - which is his strength. Whole offense will improve if ML doesn't have to run for his life every passing down.

6. Washington - Amobi Okoye (DT Louisville) Pathetic Skin's run defense adds a mature 19 year old -- Skins have a ton of needs, but this addresses one of the most glaring areas - they were near the bottom in rushing defense in 2006 - and 31st in total defense.

7. Green Bay (from Minnesota) Vikings have more pressing needs (OL, LB, WR) than the players available at this slot (CB, S, RB) - Vikings trade down and get Vernand Morency from Green Bay and extra picks. Packers want to win NOW - and they pick the face of the franchise for years - Adrian Peterson (RB Oklahoma)

8. Atlanta LaRon Landry (S LSU) - Best available player and the Falcons need help in their defensive backfield.

9. Tampa Bay (from Miami) - Leon Hall (CB Michigan) Hall is the best corner in the draft - and a good value at pick #9 and he will help improve on their last years ranking in pass defense (#19 in NFL)

10. Houston - Levi Brown (OT Penn State) Brown will help keep Matt Schaub standing - something they were never able to do with David Carr.

11. San Francisco - Jamaal Anderson (DE Arkansas) Anderson will help improve the pass rush, but can also play the run. He will help improve the 49er's from 26th in total defense last year.

12. Buffalo - Patrick Willis (LB Ole Miss) The Bills need help everywhere. At this point in the first round they take the best player on their board. Maybe a bit high for a linebacker - but it is too high for the next best receivers, RB's, TE's, and QB's.

13. St. Louis - Alan Branch (DT Michigan)

14. Carolina - Reggie Nelson (S Florida)

15. Pittsburg -- Adam Carriker (DE Nebraska)

16. Minnesota (from Green Bay) - Ted Ginn Jr. (WR Ohio State)

17. Jacksonville - Darrellee Reavis (CB Pittsburg)

18. Cincinnati - Robert Meacham (WR Tennessee)

19. Tennessee - Marshawn Lynch (RB California)

20. NY Giants - Paul Posluszny (LB Penn State)

21. Denver - Jarvis Moss (DE Florida)

22. Dallas - Anthony Spencer (DE Purdue)

23. Kansas City - Dewayne Bowe (WR LSU)

24. New England - Michael Griffin (S Texas)

25. NY Jets - Chris Houston (CB Arkansas)

26. Philadelphia - Lawrence Timmons (LB FSU)

27. New Orleans - Jon Beason (OLB Miami)

28. New England - Justin Blalock (OG Texas)

29. Baltimore - Joe Staley (OT Central Mich)

30. San Diego - DeWayne Jarrett (WR USC)

31. Chicago - Brandon Meriweather (S Miami)

32. Indianapolis - Ryan Kalil (C USC)

Finsfan79
04-23-2007, 09:06 AM
4. Miami (swap w/Tampa) - Brady Quinn (QB Notre Dame) - Miami is desperate to get a potential francise QB -Doesn't look like Trent Green is headed to South Beach. Quinn is who they sell out for.

it would cost too much to jump to there really from the value charts. We would jump to 6th if he is there but 4th isnt very likely.

whodathunkit
04-23-2007, 09:11 AM
thanks - I figured it might be a stretch

but quinn is potentially a dynasty type qb

Bengals1690
04-23-2007, 09:15 AM
wow. why exactly would the bengals draft meachem?

Finsfan79
04-23-2007, 09:16 AM
thanks - I figured it might be a stretch

but quinn is potentially a dynasty type qb

yep but the price difference would cost us alot of picks. And miami has more holes then just QB

LT, OG/C, need a future ILB to replace Zach, can use a FS, could perhaps even use a RG too, some dline depth could be useful in the future, etc etc even a RB for the future to back up brown

Here is the draft value chart to help you out :)

http://www.theredzone.org/2006/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

Actually if Miami did trade up for 4th I would say we take Joe Thomas over Brady Quinn personally, but if TB passes on Quinn can can trade up to number 6 washington and get him Washington can move back and take Okoye, Branch or willis as they seem to desire :)

Hope that helps out dude

The Dynasty
04-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Minnesota will NEVER Trade with Green Bay and i mean NEVER and Ted Ginn is a bad pick for us.

whodathunkit
04-23-2007, 09:27 AM
wow. why exactly would the bengals draft meachem?

because chris henry is out for 8 games and will most likely screw up again (because he's a screw up) and get booted for much longer

Bengals1690
04-23-2007, 09:29 AM
because chris henry is out for 8 games and will most likely screw up again (because he's a screw up) and get booted for much longer

but they have Johnson and Housh, right? im pretty sure you dont draft a third string reciver with your first pick in the draft, sepecially when their are plenty of good defensive players left and your defense is absolutkey terrible.

whodathunkit
04-23-2007, 09:33 AM
noted - you are prolly right

RaiderNation
04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
GREAT raider pick

PalmerToCJ
04-23-2007, 11:15 AM
lol just because Henry is gone and we have one of if not the best 1-2 combo in the NFL we need to draft a WR 1st round?

asmitty45
04-23-2007, 11:44 AM
like the trade for the lions, but if the browns were to make that deal theyd be crazy, the lions wouldnt take russell so the browns wouldnt have to move up to get him.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 02:21 PM
With Griffin gone, I like the pick for the Eagles in Timmons.

Go_Eagles77
04-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Timmons is okay for the eagles.