PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Jenkins

Tom_23
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
From Bernie M.

No deal has been made...
everyone expects that it will be made, but it hasn't gone down yet...
Rams a No. 2...
Or a No. 3 plus J. Butler...
but nothing yet....
one of these two scenarios is likely...but nothing yet.

--B

I like the second one a lot more. THen what do we do in the first? If okoye or Anderson are there take them, or trade down for Ginn or Revis

NGSeiler
04-23-2007, 05:38 PM
From later in the day...

Talked to a high-ranking Rams official...
There is nothing happening...
Repeat: nohing happening between the Rams-Panthers on Jenkins.
Rams aren't sure where the NFL Network is getting the info.
My guy told me that the Rams are interested, and they expressed that interest to the Panthers, but the Panthers have let it sit there -- they haven't responded.

He also said that this could change, but as of now, nothing is happening...

don't kill me, I'm just the messenger.

--B

Jim Thomas still thinks this could come together late and that they'll be trying to get Jenkins on draft day, or the day before....

--B

Rams24
04-24-2007, 01:56 AM
i know that the rams and panthers are right next to each other but what if they swapped first round picks in the trade if willis is still on the board then the rams may not have to give up a 2nd rounder and instead a 3rd. ive never seen a trade chart so i dont know the value between the two picks.

Thrawn
04-24-2007, 10:08 AM
By the trade chart, swapping picks between #13 and #14 is 50 points. The difference between the Rams 2nd and 3rd round picks is 105 points. So a swap + 3rd is worth less than a 2nd. If you also threw the 4th in with the swap and 3rd, it's pretty close.

I am not in favor of the 2nd, but would be in favor of the swap and 3rd (without the 4th).

Rams24
04-24-2007, 11:52 AM
what about a swap the 3rd and butler? id be very happy with that deal especially if jamaal anderson was there at 14

nfrillman
04-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Personally I would agree to either of those trades, but I would definitely prefer to trade a 3rd rounder and Butler for him because we would still have Hill, Brown, Bartell, Rumph, the other guy we just got, Fisher, and Groce I do believe. And from all the things I've heard, Butler would be our 4th CB at best behind Hill, Brown, and Bartell. I wouldn't mind trading our 2nd rounder though, I'm not sure if you all are aware, but our 2nd rounder isn't at the 13 spot, it's 19 I think.

NGSeiler
04-24-2007, 11:46 PM
i know that the rams and panthers are right next to each other but what if they swapped first round picks in the trade if willis is still on the board then the rams may not have to give up a 2nd rounder and instead a 3rd. ive never seen a trade chart so i dont know the value between the two picks.

The Panthers might be inclined to do this on draft day if Willis is there. I don't think it gives them the value they want for Jenkins, but they may be willing to take lesser value if it means being able to move up and take Willis. Of course, they also have to believe that if they don't move up, Willis won't be there for them @ 14.

Obviously including Butler would up the deal a bit as well, but are the Panthers really in need of extra help at cornerback? They have Ken Lucas, Chris Gamble, and Richard Marshall. Where does Butler, who has a $2 million salary this season, fit into that equation? Ultimately I don't think he's much incentive for them in a package.

Personally I would agree to either of those trades, but I would definitely prefer to trade a 3rd rounder and Butler for him because we would still have Hill, Brown, Bartell, Rumph, the other guy we just got, Fisher, and Groce I do believe. And from all the things I've heard, Butler would be our 4th CB at best behind Hill, Brown, and Bartell. I wouldn't mind trading our 2nd rounder though, I'm not sure if you all are aware, but our 2nd rounder isn't at the 13 spot, it's 19 I think.

Fisher was a free agent who signed with Detroit this spring. Groce hasn't been with us for a while. He played with the Saints last season and was resigned there. Our secondary would basically be Brown, Hill, Bartell, Walls, and Rumph.

Personally I'd rather not trade our second rounder for Jenkins. I'm just not convinced he's ever going to regain that 2003 Pro Bowl caliber play. But in the end I think a second rounder is what it's going to come down to. If the Rams can do it for a third and a '08 pick or a player, that would be ideal.