PDA

View Full Version : Best OLB/DE Tweener Prospect

jetBLACK08
04-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Who do you believe is the best OLB/DE prospect available in the NFL Draft that the Cowboys have a chance to draft? and Why?

leroyisgod
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I guess you could look at this from so many different angles, but I say Moss. I think he can come in and have the biggest impact immediately. I think that Dan Bazuin can be a sleeper in this category. If we don't draft one in the first 2 picks, I want Bazuin in the third round.

D-Unit
04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I like Charles Johnson and I think he'll be the biggest star at the position in the NFL from this draft class.

D-Unit
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
I guess you could look at this from so many different angles, but I say Moss. I think he can come in and have the biggest impact immediately. I think that Dan Bazuin can be a sleeper in this category. If we don't draft one in the first 2 picks, I want Bazuin in the third round.
The more I think about it, the more I liken Moss to Manny Lawson.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Bazuin is not a 3rd rounder right now... we could get him in the 4th.

leroyisgod
04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Bazuin is not a 3rd rounder right now... we could get him in the 4th.

I disagree, but no way to tell until this weekend.

leroyisgod
04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
The more I think about it, the more I liken Moss to Manny Lawson.

Is that a good or a bad thing? I think Lawson is more of a project and that's not something I'm interested in investing in with our 1st round pick.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Bazuin was a third rounder coming into the draft... after performing horribly in the LB drills and his less then stellar 40 times he has fallen to a mid-late 4th rounder.

leroyisgod
04-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Bazuin was a third rounder coming into the draft... after performing horribly in the LB drills and his less then stellar 40 times he has fallen to a mid-late 4th rounder.

This is the first I've heard any mention this.

Macarthur
04-23-2007, 04:21 PM
The difficult part of this is the draft position.

Would I like Moss in the 1st? Heck Yes!

I actually think Abiamiri, Johnson or Crowder would be great, too, but at what point in the draft?

If you could get Crowder in the 3rd, that would be awsome, but I don't seee that happening. With all these guys different grades, if you can get a late 2nd round grade (i.e., Crowder) in the 3rd, you are getting great value. Now, would he have as much impact as Moss? Hard to say but probably not. So it's really about value. I would like to have any one of those guys. However, tell me where we get each one and I could tell you exactly how much I like the pick.

Overall, I do think we need to address this position, because I'm still worried about Ellis.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 04:22 PM
This is the first I've heard any mention this.

Basically, you take Robison and Bazuin... they've flip-flopped. Robison is looking like the 3rd rounder and Bazuin in the 4th. The combine really effected these two this year.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 04:35 PM
It's tough this year because, of course we would be looking at these guys as an OLB primarily, the problem is most of them didnt perform well in LB drills. So, basically regardless of who it is... you're gonna have a bit of a project on your hands.

Of this group... Crowder and Robison performed the best in LB drills.

Moss looked better in D-Line drills and was drawing Kearse comparisons.

D-Unit
04-23-2007, 04:44 PM
It's tough this year because, of course we would be looking at these guys as an OLB primarily, the problem is most of them didnt perform well in LB drills. So, basically regardless of who it is... you're gonna have a bit of a project on your hands.

Of this group... Crowder and Robison performed the best in LB drills.

Moss looked better in D-Line drills and was drawing Kearse comparisons.
Depends on who's combine report you were reading.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Depends on who's combine report you were reading.

I watched all of these guys myself... I think the majority of the reports would say the same. It's easy to see who is fluid out there and who is not.

jetBLACK08
04-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Personally, I would take Charles Johnson.
He has amazing bulk. He is really strong and can muscle blockers.

thule
04-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Best DE/OLB in this class is Moss. However Spencer is the best fit for what we are looking for.

D-Unit
04-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I watched all of these guys myself... I think the majority of the reports would say the same. It's easy to see who is fluid out there and who is not.
Where did you watch their combine tape? Only stuff I saw was on nfl.com and it was very limited.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Where did you watch their combine tape? Only stuff I saw was on nfl.com and it was very limited.

When it comes to these guys (DEs in LB drills), I could only go by what i saw on the nfl network's live coverage of the combine. Basically, the only chance you have to see them performing in LB drills.

Burns336
04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
I think Johnson turns out better than moss or spencer. Hes gotten better every year and i think he will continue to grow in the nfl.

Achilles33
04-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Tim Crowder is a pure DE. He is actually a big DE. He is no where near a 3-4 OLB. Anyway, I am a big fan of Moses. He will be a steal because of his lackluster senior year and 40 time.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Tim Crowder is a pure DE. He is actually a big DE. He is no where near a 3-4 OLB. Anyway, I am a big fan of Moses. He will be a steal because of his lackluster senior year and 40 time.

Tim Crowder performed very well in LB drills... he really stood out. There are a number of 3-4 teams that brought him in for a visit.

Achilles33
04-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I think he is to big, but he did look ok in those drills.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I think he is to big, but he did look ok in those drills.

He's the same size as Merriman just not as fast... I dont think Crowder will ever turn out like Merriman, though. ha.

Could still be drafted as a 4-3 end but, the 3-4 teams have come a calling.

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 09:37 AM
I agree Spencer is probably the best fit for the Cowboys with Woodley a fairly distant second. Those two are the best pure pash rushers IMHO. Just think Spencer is a late first or top 5 in the second. Spencer has the quickness and strength to be very good.

On Johnson, I would take Woodley over him any day personally. Woodley just seems quicker off the snap and played versus some of the best Tackles in the Country. Plus Woodley is not that much shorter than Johnson.

Heck, I would even say Moses is better than Johnson. He played over the LT at GA. I think Moses just needs to bulk up -- he would tend to get muscled late in his rush on that final push to the QB. Johnson seemed stronger but slower.