PDA

View Full Version : Do the Panthers want P-Will?

FG4prez
04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
would they trade up with my 49ers to get him? Ive heard dan morgan is gonna retire so it seems like jumping in front of the bills to get him would be a good idea, and i think we would be willing. Your thoughts?

BIG Country
04-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I doubt it. Morgan isn't retiring (yet). I see the team targeting a MLB in rounds 3 or 4.

FirstAndGoal
04-24-2007, 08:29 AM
While Morgan isnt retiring, hes shown us that we can't lay all of our MLB hopes on him. I would like to see us get Willis, he's got a great combination of measurables and experience, but I dont think he will be available with our pick at 14, meaning we would have to trade up with a team like the 49ers. I would love this trade, assuming Willis is there at our new pick, but I dont know what the organization feels about it.

toonsterwu
04-24-2007, 05:35 PM
I think the Panthers like Patrick Willis, but I don't think they are willing to deal up for him. They've just got too many needs to afford to make such amove.

That said, Fox and Hurney are good at keeping their intentions secret, so who knows.

JPF
04-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't think there's any chance we move up. In fact, I'd be very surprised if we didn't do the opposite and move down.

FirstAndGoal
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I agree. I think either way would be smart, the worst thing to do would be stand pat.