PDA

View Full Version : QB on at the end of the first day?

DallCowby1
04-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Which QB's do you think the Cowboys are considering in the 3rd rd.?

Paul
04-23-2007, 11:47 PM
No QB. What makes you think we would even look at a QB on the first day ,when we need depth at so many positions?

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Honestly? none. I mean you look at the guys we brought in and there isnt a first day guy in the bunch. As for who's gonna be available... we could possibly see Stanton and perhaps Kolb if he slips... but, i doubt it... they may all be gone by our 3rd... although it doesnt happen often, their is potential for 3-4 Qbs to be taken in the 2nd (Edwards, Beck, Stanton, Kolb)...so , that would really limit that talent pool at Qb and the right value wouldnt be available for us. That being said... I see a selection of a QB on the first day as a total waste of a pick... wouldnt make much sense at all. Even if your getting good value with a guy like Stanton, why draft him? We could fill more pressing needs than third string QB in the 1st day of the draft.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-23-2007, 11:48 PM
perhaps John Beck, Kevin Kolb or Troy Smith could be available, but I'd rather not go QB 1st day

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 11:49 PM
No QB. What makes you think we would even look at a QB on the first day ,when we need depth at so many positions?

JJ didnt rule out drafting a first day Qb in his pre-draft conference today. Now, if there were any smoke screens today... that would be one... the pick would be a waste.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 11:51 PM
perhaps John Beck, Kevin Kolb or Troy Smith could be available, but I'd rather not go QB 1st day

I dont see Beck making it out of the 2nd... his stock is a little higher than Stanton's at this point. Troy Smith? eww...haha... probably 4th round, I know the Panthers have shown interest. I agree... no Qb on 1st day... we dont even need one at all.

RWFender1
04-23-2007, 11:52 PM
see, i disagree...i think if troy smith is around they should take him

Paul
04-23-2007, 11:54 PM
It better be a smoke screen. I really don't see the reason why we even look at one. We have Romo and Johnson who are both solid. Now if we want a developmental one in the 2nd day then that's fine. But in the 3rd? No way. Atleast I hope not.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-23-2007, 11:56 PM
I dont see Beck making it out of the 2nd... his stock is a little higher than Stanton's at this point. Troy Smith? eww...haha... probably 4th round, I know the Panthers have shown interest. I agree... no Qb on 1st day... we dont even need one at all.

I just threw out the first few names I thought about

DallCowby1
04-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Just kicking the question out to get some input. Like M.O.T.H. said, Jerry Jones is the one that talked about possibly drafting a QB by the end of day one.

Does it make sense to me? No

But strange thinks happen & I'm not ruling out anything. Especially when Jerry Jones is the deciding factor again.

Paul
04-23-2007, 11:58 PM

Nice detail and analysis.:rolleyes: . again why?

Troy Smith really? If that happens imma need to make a visit to Valley Ranch, and theres gonna be a big misunderstanding going on.

M.O.T.H.
04-23-2007, 11:59 PM

Why? exactly? His character concerns are really taking a hit on his stock right now... scouts have been questioning his drive and motivation. He has been noted as having a bad attitude in the interview process as well.

Ward
04-24-2007, 12:15 AM
If we get a guy at a good value (at least a round below what most people think they would go, or Quinn at 22) then I wouldn't mind.

boisefan
04-24-2007, 12:17 AM
You know, Zabransky wouldn't be bad for Dallas to take as a late pick, he could turn out to be great in the NFL with some coaching.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 12:18 AM
You know, Zabransky wouldn't be bad for Dallas to take as a late pick, he could turn out to be great in the NFL with some coaching.

No thanks. :)

Paul
04-24-2007, 12:19 AM

No, not really.

boisefan
04-24-2007, 12:22 AM
you are all Z haters lol.

Stanton if he is still there would be your best bet.... but he might not be in the 3rd. Kolb maybe?

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
nah you're just a "Z" homer

boisefan
04-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Z is good, not great, but can be coached.

Kolb wouldn't be a bad pick.

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
You never know, especially with Jerry running our draft.

How many of you would have called a TE in round 2 last year?

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Gutierrez 6/7. Stanbeck 5/6. Zabransky 4/5. Stanton 3/4. Edwards 2/3.

Are all good picks if you ask me.

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
You never know, especially with Jerry running our draft.

How many of you would have called a TE in round 2 last year?

Knowing Jerry all his picks with be SEC West and Big Twelve South.