PDA

View Full Version : Weapon

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 09:04 AM
The Texans, in my humble opinion, must come out of this draft with an offensive weapon/playmaker. There are needs all over the field, but this team needs an offensive attraction. Andre Johnson is awesome, but a receiver can only do so much by himself. At the sacrifice of all else I think the Texans have to go after one of Russell, Quinn, or Peterson. Quinn or Peterson are much more feasable than Russell. I think after what they have already invested in Schaub its got to be Peterson. We need a reason to cheer when the offense takes the damn field.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-24-2007, 09:24 AM
lol yeah let's trade up for quinn or russell so we can either sit him or schaub...

great idea...

how do you propose we get peterson? sit and wait or trade up?

we don't have the ammo to trade up...

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 09:46 AM
If you read what I wrote then you know that I agree that at this point trying to get a Q.B. isn't smart. So on to your question about how to aquire A.D... I think that the Texans can't afford to wait around and see what happens. A deal has to be made with the Browns for a trade up. It would cost a lot I know, but I think it has to be done. Not picking Reggie Bush has really f-ed up this franchise, and they have only made it worse with the Schaub debacle.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
If you read what I wrote then you know that I agree that at this point trying to get a Q.B. isn't smart. So on to your question about how to aquire A.D... I think that the Texans can't afford to wait around and see what happens. A deal has to be made with the Browns for a trade up. It would cost a lot I know, but I think it has to be done. Not picking Reggie Bush has really f-ed up this franchise, and they have only made it worse with the Schaub debacle.

haha and how do you propose we trade up with the browns? our first this year and our first and third next year?

we already don't have a second next year, so yeah, let's mortgage the future for an injury prone running back...

i'm right there with you on reggie bush though...we could really use another running back who gets an astounding 3.6 ypc...

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, put it this way. I'm not going to any games to watch Mario Williams take on a double team. Now getting to watch Reggie break one... I would pay to see that.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Well, put it this way. I'm not going to any games to watch Mario Williams take on a double team. Now getting to watch Reggie break one... I would pay to see that.

...and how many did reggie "break" last year?

that's right, just as many as mario did...

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 10:56 AM
I was at the game that Williams got his first sack last year, and the followed it with another. I was also at the Saints/Cowboys game that Bush went off in. I know which one I had more fun at...

Do you really think that Peterson would be a bad pick??

pswizz
04-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Why are you saying that Mario Williams ****** up the entire team? Him and Ryans will be the base of a great defense for years to come. I don't know if you noticed, we are sort of transforming our defense into a 4-3 version of the Miami Dolphins with Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. I am not saying that Super Mario will be as good as Taylor, but he will be good. We didn't take Bush because Davis(now WIlliams) had been more than a solid back for us the past couple of years. There was no indication of him being gone for the entire season before the draft last year. That was complete misfortune. As for picking Super Mario at #1, I agree he didn't deserve that pick, but he is who the Texans wanted and it is extremely difficult to trade out of the first overall pick. They did what they felt they had to do.

ChelseaFootball
04-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Well, the past is the past, thats for sure. I agree that Mario and Ryans are a hell of a tandem and should by some miracle Okoye still be available at 10 the Texans would have to consider him, even if Peterson was still on the board. Can you imagine how much better Ryans and Mario would both be if they added another star on the D-line?? I just think that from a business and casual fan standpoint they really need a superstar offensive weapon, and Peterson is definitely that.

Nightmares Win 6-0
04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I was at the game that Williams got his first sack last year, and the followed it with another. I was also at the Saints/Cowboys game that Bush went off in. I know which one I had more fun at...

Do you really think that Peterson would be a bad pick??

bush's longest run on the season was 18 yards; he never "went off" like he was expected to...

that's why he finished 5th overall in the oroy voting...

peterson would be a good pick, but i don't want to trade up for him...

honestly, i just have a gut feeling that our draft is gonna suck this year...

pswizz
04-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Well, the past is the past, thats for sure. I agree that Mario and Ryans are a hell of a tandem and should by some miracle Okoye still be available at 10 the Texans would have to consider him, even if Peterson was still on the board. Can you imagine how much better Ryans and Mario would both be if they added another star on the D-line?? I just think that from a business and casual fan standpoint they really need a superstar offensive weapon, and Peterson is definitely that.

So does this statement mean that we have no offensive superstar? Because looking at our offense I would say Andre Johnson is one of the best wide recievers in the league. I believe he is quite the offensive superstar. Think how much better he would be if he weren't double covered all game as well! We definitely need more offensive superstars, but I don't really think there are that many offensive superstars in this draft. I think we should trade down and grab some extra picks, and do our best to get Darren McFadden next year. He is looking like the closest thing to LT there has been thus far. Not saying he is going to be nearly as good, but the way he plays really reminds me of LT.

big daddy russ
04-26-2007, 03:54 AM
I'll give you something that puts butts in the stands more than both Reggie Bush and Mike Vick combined...

Wins.