PDA

View Full Version : Vote Here, Whose Better?

FloridaSkins
09-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Got into argument with my brother over whose the better saftey

Jensen
09-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Dawkins right now, Taylor in a couple years probably.

Romarville
09-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Dawkins.

09-04-2006, 11:42 PM
I agree with Jensen.

TitleTown088
09-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I can't wait until seantaylor21 gets ahold of this one.

steelersfan43
09-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Dawkins.

i agree and holy **** that is a nice sig

Windy
09-05-2006, 12:42 AM
SEAN TAYLOR>GIBRIL WILSON

Shiver
09-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Brian Dawkins would be my vote. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if Taylor is the consensus best FS in the game after this upcoming season.

Finsfan79
09-05-2006, 07:40 AM
taylor and it isnt even close.

Taylor also has the potential to become one of the best ever.

RyanLeaf#1
09-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Sean Taylor right now is better.

SidneyG
09-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Taylor is better. Sean Taylor when it is all said a done will be one of if not the best safety of all time.

Eleanor Rigby
09-05-2006, 10:24 AM
SEAN TAYLOR>GIBRIL WILSON

I'm waiting for toonster to verify this rumour.

Ravens1991
09-05-2006, 02:50 PM
If Taylor fufils his potential he could be the greatest, the question is will he? but now Dawkins in a couple of year Sean Taylor may blow this guy out of the water.

The Legend
09-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Taylor is better. Sean Taylor when it is all said a done will be one of if not the best safety of all time.

yourrrrrrrrr dreamingggggggggggggg

09-05-2006, 03:47 PM

yourrrrrrrrr dreamingggggggggggggg

lol coming from the biggest Dawkins Fan alive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SuperMcGee
09-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Dawkins right now

dcarey20
09-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Taylor is better than Dawkins and in my opinion, Taylor is surprisingly underrated by alot of people...his combo of size and speed is almost unmatched by any other safety in the league. He is one of the biggest hitters in the league but has the ability to cover a slot WR 1 on 1.

Dawkins is a great player and I really really like him, but I think Taylor is better.

Here are my top 5 safety rankings:

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

RCAChainGang
09-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Dawkins right now

09-05-2006, 06:16 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sanders better than roy williams?

sweetness34
09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Taylor is better than Dawkins and in my opinion, Taylor is surprisingly underrated by alot of people...his combo of size and speed is almost unmatched by any other safety in the league. He is one of the biggest hitters in the league but has the ability to cover a slot WR 1 on 1.

Dawkins is a great player and I really really like him, but I think Taylor is better.

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Taylor has not proven himself to be better than Dawkins, period. He has huge upside still, but he really hasn't been dominant so far in the NFL. While Brian Dawkins has been one of the best Safety's in the NFL for years and years.

In 2 or 3 years, I could buy Taylor being better than Dawkins, but not right now.

Don Vito
09-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Speed-Taylor
Size-Taylor
Coverage- Dawkins
Strength- Taylor
Hitting- Even
Intelligence- Dawkins
Blitz- Taylor (slightly)
Agility- Dawkins

To me it pretty much comes down to-

Tangibles-Taylor
Intangibles-Dawkins

I give Dawkins the edge just because of his leadership, intelligence, intimidation, and hitting (not saying Taylor cant hit or isnt intimidating.

09-05-2006, 06:47 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Taylor has not proven himself to be better than Dawkins, period. He has huge upside still, but he really hasn't been dominant so far in the NFL. While Brian Dawkins has been one of the best Safety's in the NFL for years and years.

In 2 or 3 years, I could buy Taylor being better than Dawkins, but not right now.

I find this quite interesting because over the last 2 years Taylor has been better than Dawkins. Explain how he has not been dominant and since Taylor has been in the leauge do you really think Dawkins has been a better saftey?

draftguru151
09-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Dawkins is not better in coverage than Taylor.

09-05-2006, 06:49 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

I find this quite interesting because over the last 2 years Taylor has been better than Dawkins. Explain how he has not been dominant and since Taylor has been in the leauge do you really think Dawkins has been a better saftey?

There he is!!!! :D . Your a such a flaming homer please dont post in this thread.

09-05-2006, 06:50 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

There he is!!!! :D . Your a such a flaming homer please dont post in this thread.

If that is all you have to say just go home

09-05-2006, 06:52 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

I am at home thank you, and that is all that i will say too you because if I start to argue with you I will only get frustrated with your Redskins tunnel vision.

09-05-2006, 06:54 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

I am at home thank you, and that is all that i will say too you because if I start to argue with you I will only get frustrated with your Redskins tunnel vision.

just curious, are you going to annoucne my arrival in every thread

09-05-2006, 06:58 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

hmmmm... I dont remember ever doing this before... can you show me a quote? :? :roll:

09-05-2006, 07:00 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

hmmmm... I dont remember ever doing this before... can you show me a quote? :? :roll:

Is this gonna be a new thing for you

There he is!!!! . Your a such a flaming homer please dont post in this thread.

09-05-2006, 07:01 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Is this gonna be a new thing for you

There he is!!!! . Your a such a flaming homer please dont post in this thread.

What? That was this thread. :?

Ward
09-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Carry on without the personal attacks, maroney has been suspended indefinitely.

Ho0k Em'
09-05-2006, 07:42 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Taylor has outplayed Dawkins the last 2 years? I think Dawkins has been a better safety.

Staubach12
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Dawkins

09-05-2006, 07:58 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Taylor has outplayed Dawkins the last 2 years? I think Dawkins has been a better safety.

Stats dont tell the whole story, im talkin about big plays in big games, name them

SeanTaylorRIP
09-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Coming into this season Sean Taylor for sure, his physical and coverage abilities are unmatched to from any other safety in the league. He doesn't have the same Ed Reed playmaking skills, but they are pretty darn good and near the top of the league matching with his LB like run support.

sweetness34
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor has not been the player I hoped to see when he was drafted. He's had 2 very good years, but with all that talent he can do even more than that.

Brian Dawkins has been one of the top safeties in the NFL for years and years. Sean Taylor needs to prove to me what his upside shows.

Like I said, in a year or two I'll be eating my words and Taylor will be the better Safety, but right now, Dawkins is better.

Ho0k Em'
09-05-2006, 08:06 PM
How about zero 4th quarter ints, and no ints or sacks when behind.

turninandburnin1
09-05-2006, 08:12 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Stats dont tell the whole story, im talkin about big plays in big games, name them

How bout watching Dawkins just power slam receivers into the ground like its something he does every day. Brian Dawkins is better safety overall, plus he has experience and hes got a straight head on him.

09-05-2006, 08:16 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

How bout watching Dawkins just power slam receivers into the ground like its something he does every day. Brian Dawkins is better safety overall, plus he has experience and hes got a straight head on him.

Good reasons.....

jkpigskin
09-05-2006, 08:39 PM
dawkins! he is smart, aggressive and goooood

only ed reed and troy polamalu are better

Ho0k Em'
09-05-2006, 08:45 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Good reasons.....

I usually don't like looking up stats, but....

Paranoidmoonduck
09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Dawkins is way more accomplished than Taylor so far in his career, is the undisputed leader on a very complicated and successful defense, and, if we are gonna look at the whole picture, has a much better image as a teammate and person than does Taylor.

Taylor is probably a better athlete than Dawkins ever was or could hope to be, but he has yet to show me he knows his position all that well.

09-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Dawkins is way more accomplished than Taylor so far in his career, is the undisputed leader on a very complicated and successful defense, and, if we are gonna look at the whole picture, has a much better image as a teammate and person than does Taylor.

Taylor is probably a better athlete than Dawkins ever was or could hope to be, but he has yet to show me he knows his position all that well.

What what he have to do to prove that he knows his postion well?

09-05-2006, 09:51 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Good reasons.....

What about his TD in the 4th to send us to the playoffs, or his TD to win us a playoff game, or in week 2 he hit patrick crayton and made him drop the ball to solidfy our win in Dallas, or the excellent play on the ball he made in the endzone against seattle and then the next play a fumble was forced inside the 5...in the playoffs, or how he stoped jj arrington short on 4th and 2 to give the redskins the W. I can keep going but let it sit in ya mind fam

11-10=1

Ho0k Em'
09-05-2006, 10:03 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Good reasons.....

What about his TD in the 4th to send us to the playoffs, or his TD to win us a playoff game, or in week 2 he hit patrick crayton and made him drop the ball to solidfy our win in Dallas, or the excellent play on the ball he made in the endzone against seattle and then the next play a fumble was forced inside the 5...in the playoffs, or how he stoped jj arrington short on 4th and 2 to give the redskins the W. I can keep going but let it sit in ya mind fam

11-10=1

Alright you got me there I don't get a much of a chance to watch the NFC East and the Redskins play.

There is no doubt in anyones mind that Taylor will be a if not THE elite safety in the league, and after this year he could turn alot of heads. I'm waiting for that potential to soar.

johbur
09-05-2006, 11:08 PM
At least you don't worry about Dawkins and firearms... Thank goodness for those multi-million dollar scheister lawyers...

cunningham06
09-05-2006, 11:23 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

Sean Taylor-
Tkl Sack Int FF
60 1 4 2
60 1 2 2

Brian Dawkins-

Good reasons.....

11-10=1

Well of course Sean Taylor made more big plays in the playoffs considering the Eagles didn't make it to the playoffs this year. :roll:
Dawkins is much better in coverage than Sean Taylor is, is a more sure tackler with better technique(although I will admit that Taylor can light up receivers just as well), and is better on goal line defense. The Eagles have historically been very good in goal line defense, and Dawkins is a major reason why. He takes away the option of bouncing runs outside. Dawkins is also more effective coming off the edge than Taylor is. Dawkins is one of the better blitzing safeties. Dawkins is more versatile, and excels in areas that you expect your safety to. Seriously, Sean Taylor is not better than Dawkins at coverage, and they are about even in run support, so how exactly is Taylor better?

psub10champs
09-05-2006, 11:32 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders
Taylor is not better than Troy or Dawkins

danman253
09-05-2006, 11:36 PM

1. Ed Reed
2. Sean Taylor
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Brian Dawkins
5. Bob Sanders

uhhhhhhhhh, Taylor is not as good as Polamalu, no way you can justify it at all. And Bob Sanders top 5? COuld you not name another safety or were you serious? :lol:

Dam8610
09-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Neither is a better "saftey". What the hell is a "saftey"?

steelersfan43
09-05-2006, 11:54 PM

Your really funny :roll:

Dam8610
09-06-2006, 12:00 AM

I don't know if your grammatical error there was purposeful or not. What I do know is that I hate the "saftey" mistake, which is why I try to correct it.

steelersfan43
09-06-2006, 01:07 AM

I don't know if your grammatical error there was purposeful or not. What I do know is that I hate the "saftey" mistake, which is why I try to correct it.

Ok... you can correct peoples grammar but dont try to make a joke out of it.

jsagan77
09-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Dawkins is a beast. 2 years ago you could have made a better argument but Taylors play last year propelled him to the top, right under Ed Reed. I have never seen O's shy away from a Safety the way they do Taylor (exception Reed). He covers like a CB, Hits like an LB, Catches like a reciever and makes huge plays all over the field.. Last year Taylor solidified his role as the bes FS in the league..

draftguru151
09-06-2006, 02:29 PM

Because you guys are talking about grammar I thought I would say that it is "you're" not "your".

portermvp84
09-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Brain Dawkins is the man. Even know he is older he has had some crzzy stats over the years. He's gotta go down as one of the best to play for the Eagles on defense.

Dam8610
09-06-2006, 04:49 PM

Really I can do whatever I want, provided I stay within the rules. As far as I know, making a humorous attempt to correct someone's mistake isn't against the rules. Would it be better if I said "OMFG YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT! IT'S SAFETY, NOT SAFTEY!"? I think my way is quite a bit better.

Because you guys are talking about grammar I thought I would say that it is "you're" not "your".

That was the grammatical error I was referring to there.