PDA

View Full Version : Victor Abiamiri

Macarthur
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
What do you guys think about him?

I read that he can be dominate at times, but needs to get stronger. I'm wondering if Dallas might be a great situation for him because with Ellis, he would not have to step in and start right away.

thule
04-24-2007, 01:27 PM

I read that he can be dominate at times, but needs to get stronger. I'm wondering if Dallas might be a great situation for him because with Ellis, he would not have to step in and start right away.

You could say that about all the DE in this draft.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 01:42 PM

He has some value in both the 4-3 and the 3-4...probably best suited as a DE more so than LB but, could probably play in either defense. There is potential there to be a good 3-4 pass rusher but, his 4.80+ 40 will scare away a lot of the 3-4 teams. I think he'll get drafted by a 4-3 team.

Macarthur
04-24-2007, 03:36 PM
I haven't looked at his combine numbers, but two sites, this one included, have mentioned that he is very athletic. This may be a case where too much weight is put on the 40 time.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Reminds me of Ebenezer Ekuban.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 03:48 PM
I haven't looked at his combine numbers, but two sites, this one included, have mentioned that he is very athletic. This may be a case where too much weight is put on the 40 time.

Perhaps it is. Athletically he is very gifted he just doesnt have great speed. I'm sure he'll get the 3-4 looks but, may not be the best fit.

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Abiamiri might time better and improve speed if dropped 15 pounds or so.

I think at 255 lbs he looks like a perfect 3-4 SOLB.

Might be a steal in the third if teams are scared off.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Abiamiri might time better and improve speed if dropped 15 pounds or so.

I think at 255 lbs he looks like a perfect 3-4 SOLB.

Might be a steal in the third if teams are scared off.

I heard teams have asked him to not drop the weight...many see him as a 4-3 DE ala Justin Tuck caliber.

Macarthur
04-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Reminds me of Ebenezer Ekuban.

The thing is, D-Unit, he has performed at a higher level of competition than Ekuban.

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 06:46 PM
I personally think he's better suited to play DE in the 4-3. Its funny how popular this tweener position has become, if you read enough draft sites and player profiles, just about every DE has been mentioned as a possible fit in the 3-4. Personally I don't think this guy has the tools to make the switch, and haven't seen anything linking him to Dallas.

PFW is reporting teams have some issues with this guys health, apparently one of his knees has arthritis and cartilage issues. That combined with his lack of speed and ability to stand up and i'm just not buying it.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 06:53 PM
The thing is, D-Unit, he has performed at a higher level of competition than Ekuban.
Reminds me of the same type of player. Irregardless of competition.