PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Trades .. Just to be a little creative

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I think we have three very tradable guys Fasano, Burnett and Jones. Here are some off the wall thoughts....

Fasano + Jones for Greenbay #1.

Julius Jones for Greenbay #2.

Burnett + Fasano + Cowboy #2 for San Francisco #1.

Fasano for Jets #2.

Fasano + Jones for Jets #1 and #4.

Fasano + Jones + Cowboys #2 for Miami #1 or Buffalo #1.

Anyway, having fun today.

thule
04-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Dallas trades back with SF and gets a 2nd...a future first..and probably a day 2 pick. SF picks likely a WR like Bowe. Scott played that out..and it made sense.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I could live with that trade we could probably pick up McCauley/Wright or Rice/Davis/Smith or even Tank

fryman
04-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't like the idea of trading Burnett at all, too valuable to the team as a backup and nickel LB.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I wouldnt mind a Fasano trade... not a fan.

nrcirc
04-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Trade #22 to SF for 42, 76 & 97
42. Anthony Spencer
53. Sidney Rice
76. Fred Bennett
87 Manuel Ramirez
97 Paul Soliai
122. Zak DeOssie
159 Michael Bush
195 Jacob Ford
201 Dustin Fry
212. Joe Anoai
234 Michael Allan
237 Jermon Bushrod

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 01:50 PM
42. Anthony Spencer
53. Sidney Rice
76. Fred Bennett
87 Manuel Ramirez
97 Paul Soliai
122. Zak DeOssie
159 Michael Bush
195 Jacob Ford
201 Dustin Fry
212. Joe Anoai
234 Michael Allan
237 Jermon Bushrod

There is no way we will draft 12 players.

nrcirc
04-24-2007, 01:54 PM

What's wrong with that?

fryman
04-24-2007, 01:54 PM

yeah i would guess we use at least two of our picks in the last two rounds to move around and get our targets.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 01:58 PM
What's wrong with that?

That is way too many guys to bring in. I say 8-9 tops.

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
42. Anthony Spencer
53. Sidney Rice
76. Fred Bennett
87 Manuel Ramirez
97 Paul Soliai
122. Zak DeOssie
159 Michael Bush
195 Jacob Ford
201 Dustin Fry
212. Joe Anoai
234 Michael Allan
237 Jermon Bushrod

Spencer ain't gonna be there at 42

nrcirc
04-24-2007, 02:11 PM
That is way too many guys to bring in. I say 8-9 tops.

Okay, take out any prospects that from my list that you don't like, I want to know how you see my draft, by the way we have 10 picks now without any trades.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Okay, take out any prospects that from my list that you don't like, I want to know how you see my draft, by the way we have 10 picks now without any trades.

Jerry trades every year... when you have the luxury of having two 6th rounders and three 7 rounders, you have a lot to work with. There is no way we are going to draft a guy with each of these picks... we could package the 6's together and move into the 5th... and possible move back into the 6th by trading a couple of those 7ths. As Jerry would say... Our bases are covered... we dont need to bring in 10+ prospects into a team with little need.

nrcirc
04-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Spencer ain't gonna be there at 42

That's okay I am going change Spencer to Dwayne Jarrett and draft Tim Crowder.

fryman
04-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Keith Davis is another guy we could try to trade. He won't have much value, but it would help us move a little and we really don't have much of a need for him other than special teams.

That would still leave us 5 safeties if Phillips keeps the Bilbo to safety idea.-
Elam
Bilbo
Williams
Watkins
Hamlin

nrcirc
04-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Jerry trades every year... when you have the luxury of having two 6th rounders and three 7 rounders, you have a lot to work with. There is no way we are going to draft a guy with each of these picks... we could package the 6's together and move into the 5th... and possible move back into the 6th by trading a couple of those 7ths. As Jerry would say... Our bases are covered... we dont need to bring in 10+ prospects into a team with little need.

I disagree with you, Jerry alway trades down on the draft day and get extra picks no matter how many picks he already have.

fryman
04-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I disagree with you, Jerry alway trades down on the draft day and get extra picks no matter how many picks he already have.

that is when we have more needs though, and the talent on the team is lower.

If we actually used all 10 picks probably only 5 or 6 would actually make the team.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 02:37 PM

There is no need to bring in 10+ players....it's not gonna happen. We are more set this season than we have been in years.

Drafts by years:

2006: 8 players
2005: 8 players
2004: 8 players
2003: 7 players
2002: 9 players
2001: 9 players
2000: 5 players

Re-building/devlopemental teams may draft 10 guys or so but, not a team that is trying to win now with little open roster spots available.

nrcirc
04-24-2007, 02:43 PM
There is no need to bring in 10+ players....it's not gonna happen. We are more set this season than we have been in years.

Drafts by years:

2006: 8 players
2005: 8 players
2004: 8 players
2003: 7 players
2002: 9 players
2001: 9 players
2000: 5 players

Re-building/devlopemental teams may draft 10 guys or so but, not a team that is trying to win now with little open roster spots available.

Okay I will adjust to my draft board.

dc4life
04-24-2007, 03:57 PM
If Peterson slips to 12 (I don't really think he'll get passed 10)..
trade Cowboy's 1st, 2nd, and Julius Jones to Buffalo.

raidersfan86
jones is one of the best runningbacks on the team, they cant afford to trade him they just wont have the depth needed at that particular position

Achilles33
I love the idea of a trade down to the ealry 2nd and picking up a first next year from a team like the lions or browns. We have a top 5 pick and we won the SB, that is sick.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 04:00 PM
If Peterson slips to 12 (I don't really think he'll get passed 10)..
trade Cowboy's 1st, 2nd, and Julius Jones to Buffalo.

Why would the Bills do that, if they could have AD?

If somehow he got by the Texans, we would need to leapfrog the Bills. That would make sense because, apparently the 49ers covet Meachem and he should be available at 22.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 04:01 PM
jones is one of the best runningbacks on the team, they cant afford to trade him they just wont have the depth needed at that particular position

We would be trading Jones but adding AD.

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Jerry said he has got offers for our first this year for a 1st next year and he is strongly considering it. What do you think about that?

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 04:10 PM
I would takes two twos this year for two ones next. Heart beat.

dc4life
04-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Why would the Bills do that, if they could have AD?

If somehow he got by the Texans, we would need to leapfrog the Bills. That would make sense because, apparently the 49ers covet Meachem and he should be available at 22.

Because they would be getting a RB still (Jones), and at 22 they would be able to fulfill their CB need with Ross, Reevis, Houston or whoever is there.

The reason I put Jones in this trade is because he'll be a free agent next year, and they probably will not re-sign him. So I'm trying to get some value for Jones.

dc4life
04-24-2007, 04:15 PM

I agree they need him, but his future with the team is uncertain after this year. And if the trade did go through, you'd have Peterson and Barber back there, along with Thompson.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Because they would be getting a RB still (Jones), and at 22 they would be able to fulfill their CB need with Ross, Reevis, Houston or whoever is there.

The reason I put Jones in this trade is because he'll be a free agent next year, and they probably will not resign him. So I'm trying to get some value for Jones.

Obviously, that's why you put Jones in but, anway... I dont see the Bills passing on him... to get that value at 12 is fantastic... julius hasnt done/shown enough to warrant such value, IMO. Trading for AD is probably going to be tougher than that.

dc4life
04-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Obviously, that's why you put Jones in but, anway... I dont see the Bills passing on him... to get that value at 12 is fantastic... julius hasnt done/shown enough to warrant such value, IMO. Trading for AD is probably going to be tougher than that.

I know lol, the trade probably does favor us much more. :)

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Do you guys think trading for AD is a real possibility or you guys are just BSing around?

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Do you guys think trading for AD is a real possibility or you guys are just BSing around?

Jerry's pre conference got us all excited about the possibilty but, realistically...it would take a lot and is very unlikely.

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 04:41 PM
I would love it if we did get him, but it is very unlikely. How far do you think he would need to fall before we make the move?

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I would love it if we did get him, but it is very unlikely. How far do you think he would need to fall before we make the move?

Maybe 11 but, I couldnt see the Texans passing on yet another stud RB if available.

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
How much do you think it would take to move up to 10? 1st, 2nd, and Julius?

Can someone send me the draft pick value chart?

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Heck, why not just trade down with the lions, have a top 5 pick next year, and take Darren McFadden?

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 04:48 PM
How much do you think it would take to move up to 10? 1st, 2nd, and Julius?

Can someone send me the draft pick value chart?

It's a very tough scenario... if you trade with say the 49ers... Julius has very, very little value. In addition to this being difficult... the fact that the player is AD will increase the value of that selection, be it #11 or w/e.

Here is the value chart:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 04:51 PM
I think our 1st, 3rd, and Julius would work. They get a good RB which is one of their top needs, they still have a first rounder, and a 3rd rounder, which they could use on the O-line. If you were the texans would you do that? Be honest. I think I would.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I think our 1st, 3rd, and Julius would work. They get a good RB which is one of their top needs, they still have a first rounder, and a 3rd rounder, which they could use on the O-line. If you were the texans would you do that? Be honest. I think I would.

If you go by the value chart and include that the player in question is AD... it would probably take your 1st rd, 2nd rd, 4th rd (maybe 3rd), and Julius Jones... that might not even be enough...not if your the Texans and you have the opportunity to draft a virtually cant miss RB. It's very difficult... it doesnt look favorable at all.

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Yea, that would be way to much. Does anyone want Marshawn Lynch, or is it trade up for AD or nothing?

dc4life
04-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Eh, I wouldn't want Marshawn so much. He isn't a "WOW" player that Jones indicated he was looking for.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Our RBs are perfectly fine. It wouldn't make sense to trade up for a RB.

If you wanna improve the running game, improve the OL. I really think the addition of Leonard Davis and the subtraction of Marco Rivera in the starting line up will prove to be a big difference.

Drafting Grubbs at 22 and pushing Kosier to second string would also help the running game... immensley.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Eh, I wouldn't want Marshawn so much. He isn't a "WOW" player that Jones indicated he was looking for.

Lynch runs a lot like Jones-Drew so, I like him but, I say AD or nothing. Would i be opposed to a Lynch selection...nah.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Drafting Grubbs at 22 and pushing Kosier to second string would also help the running game... immensley.

Wouldnt happen though... you're not gonna sit a guy with that type of contract.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Lynch runs a lot like Jones-Drew so, I like him but, I say AD or nothing. Would i be opposed to a Lynch selection...nah.
I don't like that comparison at all. There isn't anyone in the NFL at RB that reminds me of Lynch. He's fast, tough (hardly ever goes down by first contact), and has great juke ability and balance. I would easily take him at 22 if we traded Julius.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Wouldnt happen though... you're not gonna sit a guy with that type of contract.
Kosier's contract is not that big. LOL.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't like that comparison at all. There isn't anyone in the NFL at RB that reminds me of Lynch. He's fast, tough (hardly ever goes down by first contact), and has great juke ability and balance. I would easily take him at 22 if we traded Julius.

I wasn't really trying to make a comparison of them as a whole.. i just think he has has that natural wide running base just like Drew. I love that in RBs, it's like he was born for the position.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 06:08 PM
I wasn't really trying to make a comparison of them as a whole.. i just think he has has that natural wide running base just like Drew. I love that in RBs, it's like he was born for the position.
Yeah, I can see that part...

Oh and Lynch CAN catch. He's a great receiver.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Kosier's contract is not that big. LOL.

5 years; 15 million... maybe not large in comparison to the deals that this years guards are getting but, last season that was considered pretty big. That is still a lot of money, you dont pay a guy 3 million a year to ride the pine.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I can see that part...

Oh and Lynch CAN catch. He's a great receiver.

He could catch but, he still needs a little work in that department. The big play ability is always there with him, I'm not opposed to taking him...if we dumped JJ of course.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 06:18 PM
5 years; 15 million... maybe not large in comparison to the deals that this years guards are getting but, last season that was considered pretty big. That is still a lot of money, you dont pay a guy 3 million a year to ride the pine.
I don't care how much you pay a guy. If there's a better option, you play him. 3M a year for a guy that can play LG, RG, RT is a good investment as he can provide depth at any of those positions.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 06:36 PM

He can play every position on the line except center. That definately holds value

nevermind didnt see page 3

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 06:37 PM
I don't care how much you pay a guy. If there's a better option, you play him. 3M a year for a guy that can play LG, RG, RT is a good investment as he can provide depth at any of those positions.

I dont know think Kosier is going to go from a 16 game starter to a back up. He would be a valuable back up but, I dont find it very likely that he is demoted to a back up role once again... that would probably cause some problems and isnt really something that needs to be done. He wasnt all that bad last season... he wasnt great either but, we could do a lot worse.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 06:48 PM
I dont know think Kosier is going to go from a 16 game starter to a back up. He would be a valuable back up but, I dont find it very likely that he is demoted to a back up role once again... that would probably cause some problems and isnt really something that needs to be done. He wasnt all that bad last season... he wasnt great either but, we could do a lot worse.
Wasn't Petitte a 16 game starter that didn't make the team last year?

It is quite obvious that the Cowboys are looking to draft an OG. Names such as Grubbs, Blalock and Sears have all drew very high interest. Guard is probably the one position that they have shown the most interest in... don't forget Alleman and Wrotto.

That tells me, Kosier can definately be upgraded... and that's something the organization seems ok in doing.

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM

It is quite obvious that the Cowboys are looking to draft an OG. Names such as Grubbs, Blalock and Sears have all drew very high interest. Guard is probably the one position that they have shown the most interest in... don't forget Alleman and Wrotto.

That tells me, Kosier can definately be upgraded... and that's something the organization seems ok in doing.

I actually think they are looking towards next year by picking a guard. Jerry said yesterday they would probably move Davis to LT if Flozell is gone after the season, which means they will have a hole at guard. I think the plan would be to bring in one of these 2nd-4th round guards and develop him for a year, then plug him in at RG.

I really hope they find somebody other than Davis to plug in there, but unless McQuistan grows into the role, or we draft a potential LT early this year or next, I can definately see it happening.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 06:53 PM

The way i've look at the guard interest is... Flozell is going to be a free agent at the end of the season... Leonard Davis is getting paid big bucks (T money) and he has made it clear that he favors tackle to guard and wants to play there. I think after this season... Davis will slide back over to LT and that will leave a vacany at RG... the guard position could then be filled by the guard we select in this draft. It is much easier to find a great guard than it is a LT especially, in this particular draft.

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Ummm...guess great minds think alike MOTH

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Please, dont get me started on Petitti... he was a stone footed joke of a player... haha.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Ummm...guess great minds think alike MOTH

yes sir. :)

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Please, dont get me started on Petitti... he was a stone footed joke of a player... haha.

I can still see his face after constantly being beaten by Leonard Little

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 07:05 PM
The way i've look at the guard interest is... Flozell is going to be a free agent at the end of the season... Leonard Davis is getting paid big bucks (T money) and he has made it clear that he favors tackle to guard and wants to play there. I think after this season... Davis will slide back over to LT and that will leave a vacany at RG... the guard position could then be filled by the guard we select in this draft. It is much easier to find a great guard than it is a LT especially, in this particular draft.
When did Davis make it clear that he prefers the Tackle position to Guard? Do you have a source for that?

When asked that question, I remember him saying he'll play wherever they want him to play.

He is not being paid OT money. If so, then Dielman, Steinbach and Dockery are all being paid OT money as well. Welcome to the new NFL.

The way I look at our Guard interest is that... we need more bodies. Who ever plays best gets the job regardless of your salary, draft position or experience.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 07:17 PM
When did Davis make it clear that he prefers the Tackle position to Guard? Do you have a source for that?

When asked that question, I remember him saying he'll play wherever they want him to play.

He is not being paid OT money. If so, then Dielman, Steinbach and Dockery are all being paid OT money as well. Welcome to the new NFL.

The way I look at our Guard interest is that... we need more bodies. Who ever plays best gets the job regardless of your salary, draft position or experience.

Leonard Davis (6-6, 366) has the physical abilities to be a top left tackle, but his play has been somewhat perplexing this season. Sometimes Davis is dominant; sometimes he gets beaten. And he has been called for too many penalties. He prefers playing tackle, but he's a better guard.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_46_229/ai_n15800337

Honestly, I like the way you look at it but, the NFL doesnt realy work that way in most cases. Money and draft position speak very loudly when it comes to who plays where.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Leonard Davis (6-6, 366) has the physical abilities to be a top left tackle, but his play has been somewhat perplexing this season. Sometimes Davis is dominant; sometimes he gets beaten. And he has been called for too many penalties. He prefers playing tackle, but he's a better guard.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_46_229/ai_n15800337

Honestly, I like the way you look at it but, the NFL doesnt realy work that way in most cases. Money and draft position speak very loudly when it comes to who plays where.
That source is hardly credible. You also have to take into account, sometimes players want to make it known that they prefer to play a higher paying position when in FA. It's not always the truth... they just want to be paid more.

I would also debate your opinion on how the NFL operates in regards to money and draft position. It may seem that way, because those players are usually as good as their money and draft position indicated in the first place, BUT the bottom line is the guys that produce on the field are the guys that play. See Tony Romo.

But back to Kosier, he's not making enough money to say he's not irreplaceable and talent wise, he can be upgraded. Pass protection, ok. Run blocking... not so great.

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 07:30 PM

I agree. AD or nothing IMO. Lynch isn't really even and improvement over what we have now. D-Unit we meant trading up to 16 for Julius, not getting him at 22.

And D-Unit makes a good point. Kosier at LG has been over looked. I forgot to bring the topic up. He can definitly be improved on. If Flo continues to regain his pro-bowl form, our whole o-line besides Kosier are pro-bowl caliber. I know you can't have a pro-bowl type player at every position, but he could keep the o-line from becoming great, and only being good. Nothing wrong with that, but great is better :). I wouldn't mind Grubbs or Blalock in a trade down at all. Kosier are is more of a quality back-up than starter.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 07:41 PM
That source is hardly credible. You also have to take into account, sometimes players want to make it known that they prefer to play a higher paying position when in FA. It's not always the truth... they just want to be paid more.

I would also debate your opinion on how the NFL operates in regards to money and draft position. It may seem that way, because those players are usually as good as their money and draft position indicated in the first place, BUT the bottom line is the guys that produce on the field are the guys that play. See Tony Romo.

But back to Kosier, he's not making enough money to say he's not irreplaceable and talent wise, he can be upgraded. Pass protection, ok. Run blocking... not so great.

Ha. I didnt even want to post that source... i remember Adam Schefter saying Davis prefered T to G on NFL Network a while ago but, i couldnt find any of his articles on the matter. Doesnt really matter, Davis gives us some nice flexibilty and a viable option for the LT position next season.

I dont think the Romo situation should be brought up... Bledsoe was an aging QB with one year left on his contract...Kosier is a 28 year old player that should be getting into the prime of his career and getting paid to start. Now, could we find someone better...I'm sure but, i dont think an upgrade is needed, why replace him after one year? He wasnt nearly as bad as most on here believe he was.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Lynch is a definate upgrade over Julius. But drafting him comes at too high of a cost.

Lynch + MB3 < JJ + MB3 + 22 pick

That's why the only sense in drafting Lynch would be getting something in return for trading Julius.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Ha. I didnt even want to post that source... i remember Adam Schefter saying Davis prefered T to G on NFL Network a while ago but, i couldnt find any of his articles on the matter. Doesnt really matter, Davis gives us some nice flexibilty and a viable option for the LT position next season.

I dont think the Romo situation should be brought up... Bledsoe was an aging QB with one year left on his contract...Kosier is a 28 year old player that should be getting into the prime of his career and getting paid to start. Now, could we find someone better...I'm sure but, i dont think an upgrade is needed, why replace him after one year? He wasnt nearly as bad as most on here believe he was.
Tony Romo made him look better than he was. When Bledsoe was back there, the entire line looked pathetic.

...and I'm not comparing Romo's situation to Kosier's... I'm merely bringing up the fact that the players that produce the most on the field play... even at the cost of benching someone who was drafted higher or is getting paid more.

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
D-Unit, their are only 45 slots and right now we are over-stocked with OK running backs. MBII + Thompson + Lynch.

I think Lynch is a superstar. Reminds me of LT personally but I am not a great judge of RB talent.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Tony Romo made him look better than he was. When Bledsoe was back there, the entire line looked pathetic.

...and I'm not comparing Romo's situation to Kosier's... I'm merely bringing up the fact that the players that produce the most on the field play... even at the cost of benching someone who was drafted higher or is getting paid more.

I dont see it that way... we'll have to agree to disagree... I think in most cases, money and draft position speak very loudly... this is a business after all and GMs/Owners want to see their biggest investments pay off.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 07:56 PM
D-Unit, their are only 45 slots and right now we are over-stocked with OK running backs. MBII + Thompson + Lynch.

I think Lynch is a superstar. Reminds me of LT personally but I am not a great judge of RB talent.

I agree with you and D... he is a fantastic talent. Do we need and upgrade at RB...? no but, the thought of a Lynch/Barber duo...gives me chills. haha.

It would be even better with AD.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I dont see it that way... we'll have to agree to disagree... I think in most cases, money and draft position speak very loudly... this is a business after all and GMs/Owners want to see their biggest investments pay off.
Of course they want to see their investments pay off, but that simply is not always the case. You have to understand that. That's one of the reasons why there are many early draft picks who end up being busts and late round guys that end up succeeding in the NFL. The best players always play.

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Davis will be a dominant guard, why move him next year even if Flo leaves. Either plug in McQuistan, draft a LT, or get one in FA. Davis is not a good tackle. In the press conference when he was signed he said he doesn't care what position he played. Adam Schefter stick something up his ***.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 08:03 PM

I said it before and I'll say it now... I think Lynch is a better RB than AD. I just don't like AD's upright running style and while he seems recovered from his injury, it was a pretty bad one.

AD is faster, but Lynch is tougher, more compact, has better juke and is a better receiver.

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
You do have valid points, but AD is just AD. Plain and simple. :)

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Of course they want to see their investments pay off, but that simply is not always the case. You have to understand that. That's one of the reasons why there are many early draft picks who end up being busts and late round guys that end up succeeding in the NFL. The best players always play.

Yes but, before you were saying that you would basically give the guards equal opportunity. That just isnt the case in the NFL. The guy with the hefty contract or the comfy draft positions always have the upper hand, as unfair as it is.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Davis will be a dominant guard, why move him next year even if Flo leaves. Either plug in McQuistan, draft a LT, or get one in FA. Davis is not a good tackle. In the press conference when he was signed he said he doesn't care what position he played. Adam Schefter stick something up his ***.

Its not that easy to find a quality LT... it's the most important position on the line... you cant just plug in a guy and hope for the best.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes but, before you were saying that would basically give the guards equal opportunity. That just isnt the case in the NFL. The guy with the hefty contract or the comfy draft positions always have the upper hand, as unfair as it is.
No I never said they would have equal opportunity. In the end it would all sort out though.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 08:13 PM
No I never said they would have equal opportunity. In the end it would all sort out though.

"The way I look at our Guard interest is that... we need more bodies. Who ever plays best gets the job regardless of your salary, draft position or experience."

Sounds like equal opportunity to me...lol. It doesnt matter... that's how it should work though.

I'm pretty confident with our line right now and I do agree we do need to draft a guard just not necessarily to unseat Mr. Kosier.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Its not that easy to find a quality LT... it's the most important position on the line... you cant just plug in a guy and hope for the best.
So how is playing Davis at LT any different? It's proven that he didn't have success at LT so there's not even "hoping for the best". We know it doesn't work well. If we don't resign Flozell, then I'd much rather give the chance to a first round pick or top FA. Looking at next year's draft, Jake Long, Sam Baker and Barry Richardson all seem like quality LT prospects to me.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 08:18 PM
"The way I look at our Guard interest is that... we need more bodies. Who ever plays best gets the job regardless of your salary, draft position or experience."

Sounds like equal opportunity to me...lol. It doesnt matter... that's how it should work though.

I'm pretty confident with our line right now and I do agree we do need to draft a guard just not necessarily to unseat Mr. Kosier.
I wouldn't consider unseating Kosier with a 3rd round pick or lower. But if we drafted one in the first 2 rounds, I definately would do it. Say we got Grubbs or Blalock... Kosier's hitting the bench.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 08:21 PM
So how is playing Davis at LT any different? It's proven that he didn't have success at LT so there's not even "hoping for the best". We know it doesn't work well. If we don't resign Flozell, then I'd much rather give the chance to a first round pick or top FA. Looking at next year's draft, Jake Long, Sam Baker and Barry Richardson all seem like quality LT prospects to me.

1. He's our best option right now. (he may have been sporadic but, at times very dominate)

2. We have the talent to go deep into the playoffs, there is no guarantee we will have the opportunity to draft a good LT prospect. (Going into the season with a rookie at LT is a bit scary as well)

I never said it was a sure thing... it would just make a lot of sense... it's much easier to find great guards than great LTs and Davis does have a number of starts under his belt at the position.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
1. He's our best option right now. (he may have been sporadic but, at times very dominate)

2. We have the talent to go deep into the playoffs, there is no guarantee we will have the opportunity to draft a good LT prospect. (Going into the season with a rookie at LT is a bit scary as well)

I never said it was a sure thing... it would just make a lot of sense... it's much easier to find great guards than great LTs and Davis does have a number of starts under his belt at the position.
Leonard Davis as our starting LT is a scary thought. It would have to be our last resort.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Leonard Davis as our starting LT is a scary thought. It would have to be our last resort.

Should have drafted Marcus Mcneil when we had the chance:)

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 08:45 PM

I think we all agree that we don't want to see Davis at LT, but look at our options and tell me which is the most likely scenario.

1. Flo has a rebound season and is resigned, not likely given his decline since the knee and his age.

2. McQuistan develops another year and works into the starting spot. We'd all like to hope it happens, but lets get real a 7th round pick rarely pans out as a starting LT in this league.

3. Jerry once again pays a ransom for a starting LT in FA. I don't off the top of my head know who might be available, but I just don't see it given what he has paid in the last 2 years for FA linemen.

4. We draft a starting quality LT in this year or next years draft. Doesn't seem likely given our draft position. A guy like that is usually found very early in a draft, so unless we pick up another 1st this year, it doesn't seem likely.

To me by far the most likely scenario, and the one Jerry himself outlined at his PC yesterday is moving Davis to LT. Not a happy thought to say the least, but its a definate possiblity

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I think we all agree that we don't want to see Davis at LT, but look at our options and tell me which is the most likely scenario.

1. Flo has a rebound season and is resigned, not likely given his decline since the knee and his age.

2. McQuistan develops another year and works into the starting spot. We'd all like to hope it happens, but lets get real a 7th round pick rarely pans out as a starting LT in this league.

3. Jerry once again pays a ransom for a starting LT in FA. I don't off the top of my head know who might be available, but I just don't see it given what he has paid in the last 2 years for FA linemen.

4. We draft a starting quality LT in this year or next years draft. Doesn't seem likely given our draft position. A guy like that is usually found very early in a draft, so unless we pick up another 1st this year, it doesn't seem likely.

To me by far the most likely scenario, and the one Jerry himself outlined at his PC yesterday is moving Davis to LT. Not a happy thought to say the least, but its a definate possiblity
Doug Free in Round Three!

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Considering all this stuff, do you think Jerry would make a move up for Levi Brown if he started to slip down the board a bit? I don't know what I think of him, but he seems to be a cowboys type of lineman, big physical guy who could be dominant if he improves his technique and footwork.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Considering all this stuff, do you think Jerry would make a move up for Levi Brown if he started to slip down the board a bit? I don't know what I think of him, but he seems to be a cowboys type of lineman, big physical guy who could be dominant if he improves his technique and footwork.
No, I don't think he would.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 08:56 PM
No, I don't think he would.

As much as we may need a future LT, I have to admit I would be disappointed if we drafted one in the first.

I agree with D... 1st round O-Lineman, not Jerry's style.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 09:06 PM
So nobody would want Joe Staley in the 1st an would be upset with the pick if we went for a future LT

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 09:12 PM
I like Staley, or I guess I did before he was talked about as a mid to late first rounder, I see him as more of a developmental guy, and I believe if you are going to spend a first on a LT he should be a guy who can come in and start for you. I don't see Staley as that guy, so no I wouldn't favor him in the first.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 09:12 PM
So nobody would want Joe Staley in the 1st an would be upset with the pick if we went for a future LT
I would be ok with Staley. He's an ugly mofo, though. LOL.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 09:19 PM
The thing with Staley is he has to get stronger. If he can sit for the year he can increase his strength and be ready for next year. Also for potential LT I wouldnt mind Ugoh in the 2nd

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm just not really a fan of drafting O-Lineman in the first...now, next season that may change if it is a 100% need and we have a suitable player in reach. As of right now give me a good "skill" player that could actually touch the ball legally. haha. (center doesnt count)

Hey, D they cant all be lookers like Pat Mcquistan.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I love McQuistans picture on dallascowboys.com

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 09:26 PM

After thinking about it some more... I think you're right on with the LT comparisons. Wade Phillips knows what it's like to have LT on his team. Don't be surprised to see Jerry making the move up for Lynch.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:27 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/McQuistan_Pat_150.jpg

He's gorgeous.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:28 PM
After thinking about it some more... I think you're right on with the LT comparisons. Wade Phillips knows what it's like to have LT on his team. Don't be surprised to see Jerry making the move up for Lynch.

Honestly, wouldnt surprise me one bit.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Honestly, wouldnt surprise me one bit.
Lynch even passed for a TD while at Cal.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Didnt i just post a Mcquistan pick in here...I'm going crazy. :)

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 09:39 PM
To get him do we trade our first and JJ or would we have to add our third. I'm too lazy to look at the chart

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Didnt i just post a Mcquistan pick in here...I'm going crazy. :)

Yeah I was laughing at it I posted something and it disapeared

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM

Yeah, dont know what happened... must have been D.

You could only stare at something so pretty for so long.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 09:45 PM
the sad thing is he has a twin brother

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:47 PM
the sad thing is he has a twin brother

Yeah and what's sadder is that he's the good looking one. Those kids had to grow up next to a power plant or something.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 09:50 PM
I unapproved the post because he's so ugly. haha! I'll approve it again.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Id hate to see what his parents look like

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I unapproved the post because he's so ugly. haha! I'll approve it again.

lol. not cool.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:53 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/McQuistan_Pat_150.jpg

He's gorgeous.

Yes.......

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 09:53 PM
To get him do we trade our first and JJ or would we have to add our third. I'm too lazy to look at the chart
We would probably have to get ahead of Green Bay.

The Steeler's have one pick ahead of them and I think they would be willing to trade down with us if we offered them something attractive... Say our first rounder, Greg Ellis and a later or future pick...

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 09:56 PM
We would probably have to get ahead of Green Bay.

The Steeler's have one pick ahead of them and I think they would be willing to trade down with us if we offered them something attractive... Say our first rounder, Greg Ellis and a later or future pick...

I dont think Ellis is on the market, I mean sure I've heard his name in a few rumors but, realistically... what kind of value does a guy coming off of a torn achilles tendon get you?

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 09:57 PM
I dont think Ellis is on the market, I mean sure I've heard his name in a few rumors but, realistically... what kind of value does a guy coming off of a torn achilles tendon get you?
True. But it sure sounds nice from our point of view! :D

I would do a 1st and 4th to move up and take Lynch.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 10:01 PM
True. But it sure sounds nice from our point of view! :D

I would do a 1st and 4th to move up and take Lynch.

Jerry can make it happen.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 10:03 PM
The more I think about it I would kind of be upset if we didnt trade up for Lynch I thin he'd be a tremendous upgrade over JJ

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 10:06 PM
The more I think about it I would kind of be upset if we didnt trade up for Lynch I thin he'd be a tremendous upgrade over JJ

Oh no... looks like we're starting to come up with a favorite amongst the boys fans. Thule is not gonna like this one. haha.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Oh know... looks like we're starting to come up with a favorite amongst the boys fans. Thule is not gonna like this one. haha.
At least amongst us 3!!!

Here's some film highlights to wet your palette.

Some nice catches in that highlight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwFmss2EwA&mode=related&search=

The guy just knows how to rip through the field.... Returns a kick... Throws a TD in this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u954RitQV2Y&mode=related&search=

Just amazes me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5kA59Xnhew&mode=related&search=

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 10:39 PM
We did bring him in for a visit correct?

I'm going to have to think about this one, haven't done much work on the RB's because I never really thought of one as a possibility. Jerry did say he wanted a wow guy and he certainly fills that bill. We should steal him from GB and then offer them JJ in a trade LOL

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 11:07 PM
We did bring him in for a visit correct?

I'm going to have to think about this one, haven't done much work on the RB's because I never really thought of one as a possibility. Jerry did say he wanted a wow guy and he certainly fills that bill. We should steal him from GB and then offer them JJ in a trade LOL

Yeah, we brought him in for a visit... this is definitely a possibility. Not too farfetched at all.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm starting to hear that the Packers may not even draft Lynch due to his character concerns and underwhelming 40 time. I would say we wait until somebody drafts him before we offer to trade up. Might cost a little more, but giving our 1st and Julius Jones should do it. We should just wait.

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm starting to hear that the Packers may not even draft Lynch due to his character concerns and underwhelming 40 time. I would say we wait until somebody drafts him before we offer to trade up. Might cost a little more, but giving our 1st and Julius Jones should do it. We should just wait.

Well if he gets past the pack then the next most likely would be Tennessee at 19, heck even they could pass on him because of character concerns and the need for a WR especially if Meachem or Ginn is still on the board. Its possible although unlikely that he could be there at 22, think Steven Jackson, nobody thought he'd fall to 22.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Well if he gets past the pack then the next most likely would be Tennessee at 19, heck even they could pass on him because of character concerns and the need for a WR especially if Meachem or Ginn is still on the board. Its possible although unlikely that he could be there at 22, think Steven Jackson, nobody thought he'd fall to 22.
After PacMan, no way will Tennessee risk anything.

Yeah that Steven Jackson scenario is a good point. RB is the one position where quality players tend to fall but it's also a position that can immediately help a team. It's also a critical position towards being a winning team... unlike WR.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Packers | Kansas City shopping L. Johnson to team
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:08:05 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are shopping RB Larry Johnson to the Green Bay Packers.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 12:56 AM
POSTED 7:26 p.m. EDT, April 24, 2007

CHIEFS SHOPPING L.J.

A day after reporting that Chiefs running back Larry Johnson doesn't appear to be on the trading block, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs are indeed shopping the four-year pro.

Per Schefter, the Chiefs have spoken with the Browns, Packers, Titans, Bills and possibly others. To date, the Chiefs haven't gotten close to a deal.

A Chiefs official told Schefter that the team hasn't engaged in "specific" trade talks, but Schefter properly (we believe) discounts the claim as a product of semantics. The Chiefs can't afford to have the quietly temperamental Johnson go T.O. on the team, so any trade effort must be done discreetly.

The biggest impediment to getting a deal done, as Schefter explains, is the money it would take to sign Johnson to a long-term deal. Schefter says that Johnson wants a deal worth more than the eight-year, $60 million package received by Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson two years ago.

In our view, too much has to happen too quickly for a trade to happen before the draft. And given the prevailing thought in league circles that running backs are largely interchangeable, a team in need would be better off making a play for L.T.'s backup, Michael Turner.