PDA

View Full Version : If I were Jerry Jones I would...

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 05:25 PM
If I were Jerry Jones I would... finish this sentence.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Throw the boat at a team to get AD. haha. :)

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 05:32 PM
If I were Jerry Jones, I would sign a TE that's 7 foot tall!!! LMAO! I think it would work! There are a bunch of NBA hopefuls that are taller than 6'9", with good bulk... that never get drafted. If we were to get a TE tall enough to out jump every NFL receiver, we'd revolutionalize the game. :D

I wonder if Dwight Howard would consider being a 2 sport athlete??? Hee hee hee... :D

Im_a_Romosexual
04-24-2007, 05:35 PM
^ yeah I wonder why teams dont do that it worked with antonio gates.

but anyways if I was Jerry I would trade our pick to get a first next year

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't think AD would put this team over the top. But I do like the thought.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 05:37 PM

Yeah, but you add his addition and D-Howard....dayum.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 05:37 PM
^ yeah I wonder why teams dont do that it worked with antonio gates.

but anyways if I was Jerry I would trade our pick to get a first next year
Yeah, and he's only 6'6"... Even a skinny 7 footer who can rebound would be an excellent candiadate for short yard or endzone grabs high in the air.

I wonder if we can get Shawn Bradley now that he's retired from the NBA... 7 FOOT 6!!! LOL!!! That would be great!

BX
04-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Sell the team and spend the rest of my days lounging about my palace with my concubines.

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Hire a real GM who actually knows talent.

M.O.T.H.
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Sell the team and spend the rest of my days lounging about my palace with my concubines.

I would sell the team to M.O.T.H. for $10.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Hire a real GM who actually knows talent.
Yeah, no crap. I heard Rich Gosselin on the Herd this morning and he said Jerry is making ALL the calls on draft day. He said Jerry wasn't having as much fun on draft day with Parcells around, but now he has his fun back. That really scares me.

With Jerry, I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted Greg Olsen or Lawrence Timmons.

Geo
04-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah, no crap. I heard Rich Gosselin on the Herd this morning and he said Jerry is making ALL the calls on draft day. He said Jerry wasn't having as much fun on draft day with Parcells around, but now he has his fun back. That really scares me.
Good luck with that, gang.

Reading that, I'm now expecting the 'boys to trade down. Jones loves to show off what he considers his football acumen, and he thinks trading down (probably thanks to looking back on the days of Draft superstar Jimmy Johnson) is the way to do it.

jdnoyes
04-24-2007, 06:11 PM

With Jerry, I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted Greg Olsen or Lawrence Timmons.

If you listened to him ramble on for well over an hour yesterday, you just got the feeling that he was like a kid in a candy store. Has no clue what he wants, takes forever to figure it out, and then takes the nasty tasting gum cause it has the shiniest package. Honestly I think we should be very afraid this year, it could be ugly.

I have this ugly feeling the Wow player he wants to trade to the top of the draft for is Ted Ginn.

Announcer: "Miami has traded the pick, the Dallas Cowboys are now on the clock"

Mel: "Wow they gave up their whole draft to trade up to 9, and AD is still on the board its gotta be him"

Berman:"Yeah Jerry really pulled out all the stops to go up and get AD"

Godell: "With the 9th pick in the draft the Dallas Cowboys select Tedd Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State"

"

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 06:20 PM
If you listened to him ramble on for well over an hour yesterday, you just got the feeling that he was like a kid in a candy store. Has no clue what he wants, takes forever to figure it out, and then takes the nasty tasting gum cause it has the shiniest package. Honestly I think we should be very afraid this year, it could be ugly.

I have this ugly feeling the Wow player he wants to trade to the top of the draft for is Ted Ginn.

Announcer: "Miami has traded the pick, the Dallas Cowboys are now on the clock"

Mel: "Wow they gave up their whole draft to trade up to 9, and AD is still on the board its gotta be him"

Berman:"Yeah Jerry really pulled out all the stops to go up and get AD"

Godell: "With the 9th pick in the draft the Dallas Cowboys select Tedd Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State"

"
I can see it now...

Lord have mercy on us all!!!

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 07:38 PM

Sounds good.

Achilles33
04-24-2007, 07:40 PM

We are already over the top. SB bound!

robert_in_bigd
04-24-2007, 07:42 PM
If I were Jerry Jones I would... trade our first to Detroit or Arizona for their second and next year's one.

If I were Jerry Jones I would... hire AJ Smith from San Diego and get a lobotomy.

Geo
04-24-2007, 08:24 PM
If I were Jerry Jones I would... trade our first to Detroit or Arizona for their second and next year's one.
There's a player at 22nd overall who is worth a 2nd this year and a (good) 1st next year? I'm not so sure.

D-Unit
04-24-2007, 08:43 PM
If I were Jerry Jones, I'd offer our second rounder and another late rounder to Carolina for Kris Jenkins.

DO IT! DO IT!

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Was watching AJ Smith being interviewed on NFL network today, its just amazing to me how well spoken, organized, and confident in what he is doing sitting at number 30 in the draft. Compare the way he spoke about the draft and SD's draft strategy to the way Jerry Jones talked on monday, and its apparent why the Chargers have drafted so well and why we haven't with GM Jerry in charge.

It also amazes me that Jerry has the nerve to act like they have always done everything the same way the last 17 years, that the coaches really didn't have much say and that he and the scouts made the decisions. Amazing how well he drafted when he had Bill and Jimmy sitting next to him and how poorly he drafted otherwise.

Ward
04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
If I were Jerry Jones I would have thrown so much money at Bill Cowher to come out of retirement it would have moved my net worth back a decimal place. But being that I, Jerry Jones, didn't do that am going to hopefully trade out of the first round and pick up a first next year.

Macarthur
04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
If I were JJ, I would trade down to get additional 2nd and/or 3rd rounders. The real value in this draft is the 2nd thru the 4th.

I've heard more than one person (one of them being Rick Gosslin) that there are only about 15 players with first round grades in this draft. So our odds of getting value at #22 are not great.

robert_in_bigd
04-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Was watching AJ Smith being interviewed on NFL network today, its just amazing to me how well spoken, organized, and confident in what he is doing sitting at number 30 in the draft. Compare the way he spoke about the draft and SD's draft strategy to the way Jerry Jones talked on monday, and its apparent why the Chargers have drafted so well and why we haven't with GM Jerry in charge.

It also amazes me that Jerry has the nerve to act like they have always done everything the same way the last 17 years, that the coaches really didn't have much say and that he and the scouts made the decisions. Amazing how well he drafted when he had Bill and Jimmy sitting next to him and how poorly he drafted otherwise.

Jerry is not a football man. He is a gambler who got rich wildcatting. For every Jerry Jones there are thousands of failures in the business world.

Jerry got lucky and confused that with skills.

I saw the AJ Smith interview. Incredible the difference in intelligence and savy.

robert_in_bigd
04-25-2007, 11:11 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/draft/stories/042507dnsponfldraftsafeties.3f81c1a.html

I particularly like the "In the box SS" being a dinosaur part. Wish Jerry would have realised the obvious before the ridiculous extension.

LSUALUM99
04-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Jerry is not a football man. He is a gambler who got rich wildcatting. For every Jerry Jones there are thousands of failures in the business world.

Jerry got lucky and confused that with skills.

I saw the AJ Smith interview. Incredible the difference in intelligence and savy.

I'm no JJ apologist or anything, but you don't get lucky and become a self made billionaire. The man is a genius businessman. He's probably the best owner in pro football for his ability to think outside the box and promote. Now, he's not a genius GM but the Cowboys didn't accidentially win 3 superbowls with him as the GM either.

LSUALUM99
04-26-2007, 12:24 AM
If I were Jerry Jones I would draft a CB in round 1 and do whatever it takes to get Eric Weddle in round two. I would solidify the weakest position on the team (Secondary) in one fell swoop.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-26-2007, 12:29 AM
If I were Jerry Jones, I'd offer our second rounder and another late rounder to Carolina for Kris Jenkins.

DO IT! DO IT!

I agree totally. Get him, and I think we could easily go best player.

And if I were Jerry Jones, I would try and trade #22, JJ and Ellis for "Adrian!!!" (In Rocky Balboa's voice).

Paul
04-26-2007, 01:10 AM
If I were Jerry Jones I would never have traded away those 1st rounders for Joey Galloway. Never would have picked Quincy Carter so danm early. Never would of hired Dave Campo as HC. A few more stuff.

Besides all that, he's actually done a very good job.

LSUALUM99
04-26-2007, 07:37 AM
To correct a point....Jimmy Johnson QUIT, he wasn't fired.

The NFL Network 'America's Game' for the 93 Cowboys interviews Jimmy Johnson exclusively where Jimmy says on several occaisions that he had already decided to leave the team after the season.

Modano
04-26-2007, 08:45 AM
And now Texico From Mexico will come to say that Jimmy Johnson was the best coach ever, that Jerry Jones was so stupid to fire him (even if he didn't), that with Jimmy Johnson we should have won 7 straight super bowl, that Parcells sucks, that Jimmy Johnson was the first man on the moon (infact Neil Armstrong is an actor engaged by Jerry Jones to deny how amazing Jimmy Johnson was) and that Jimmy Johnson is the second coming of Christ. Did I mention that he was the best coach ever?

Paul
04-26-2007, 09:21 AM
To correct a point....Jimmy Johnson QUIT, he wasn't fired.

The NFL Network 'America's Game' for the 93 Cowboys interviews Jimmy Johnson exclusively where Jimmy says on several occaisions that he had already decided to leave the team after the season.

Touche. Jerry's behavior and comments during that time didn't help.

Dcboys94
04-26-2007, 09:02 PM
give up our #22, JJ, and our 3rd round pick to trade up for peterson

KILLERSANTA
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Offer our second rounder to Carolina for Kris Jenkins.

Trade TO, First, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th pick to oakland for Calvin Johnson!

Crayton and johnson on the same team...One can only dream.....

D-Unit
04-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Offer our second rounder to Carolina for Kris Jenkins.

Trade TO, First, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th pick to oakland for Calvin Johnson!

Crayton and johnson on the same team...One can only dream.....
Oakland would have TO, Moss and Porter... They would kill each other.

Texico From Mexico
04-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Admit that Jimmy was the genius behind it all and also admit that I have done NOTHING since then but screw this team up. Then shoot myself.

pocketaces
04-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Texico did you notice that tenn. drafted a r.b. in the 2nd round again this year? Somebody must not have told them that your man crush/all pro/ best pick of the draft-L. White-is on their roster. HAHAHAHA he must be a stud.