hugegmenfan
04-24-2007, 05:33 PM
http://www.giants.com/news/special_features/story.asp?story_id=25067

1. Leon Hall
2. Darelle Revis
3. Aaron Ross
4. Marcus Mccauley
5. Chris Houston

Interesting once again. I think ross is a good player but he is 25 years old and i do not want us spending a 1st rounder on a player of that age. I think houston should be higher

bigbluedefense
04-24-2007, 09:01 PM
To me, Houston and McCauley are in the same boat. Both are great in the measureables category, but need to prove more on the field.

Of the 2, I think Houston has a more polished resume.

I like Revis, Ross, and I wouldn't mind Houston or McCauley.

CB is one of the few positions where measureables aren't overrated.

bored of education
04-24-2007, 09:03 PM
How you going to prove more on the field than houston? he limted Jarrett, Bowe, Meachem to 14 catches, 168 yards and one touchdown.

bigbluedefense
04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
How you going to prove more on the field than houston? he limted Jarrett, Bowe, Meachem to 14 catches, 168 yards and one touchdown.

Too inconsistent. Yes, he's taking that to the bank, but he wasn't spectacular in other games.

I like Houston. Wouldn't mind if we get him. But he, like McCauley, wouldn't be in the same draft position he is in right now just based off of production.

He is where he is based on measureables.

Damix
04-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I still think McCauley in the 2nd would be a steal

BaLLiN
04-25-2007, 06:17 AM
I still think McCauley in the 2nd would be a steal

I agree to that, but I wouldn't mind trading up and giving a 6th or 5th to get Houston in the early 2nd's. It should be more like this:
1.Darelle Revis
2.Leon Hall
3.Chris Houston
4.Aaron Ross
5.Marcus McCauley

I like Ross, but he is really similar to Webster, and doesn't cover well, gives to much of a cushion sometimes, and worked in a bump and zone defense. He is definitely too old to select in the first for us, but in the second, he'd be great.He can kick return and there has to be a reason why he won the thorpe. Amazing instincts and quickness on the ball.

Jughead10
04-25-2007, 08:03 AM
I've read some things that we really like McCauley. And I've read some things saying we wanna move back 5-7 picks and pick up another 3rd or 4th rounder. I really hope we don't move back and take McCauley between 25-27. That is too early.

Damix
04-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I've read some things that we really like McCauley. And I've read some things saying we wanna move back 5-7 picks and pick up another 3rd or 4th rounder. I really hope we don't move back and take McCauley between 25-27. That is too early.

If we are that high on him I don't think I'll mind that much. I'd rather take the guy we like then listen to all experts opinions. Its worked for the Patriots lately

Jughead10
04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
If we are that high on him I don't think I'll mind that much. I'd rather take the guy we like then listen to all experts opinions. Its worked for the Patriots lately

We're not the Patriots.

Forenci
04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Hm. The only cornerback that I'd realistically be pissed about if we took in the first round would be Aaron Ross. I don't want to have a 25 year old for a posistion where we need some serious youth at.

McCauley at #20 is definently unlikely to happen, I guess if we moved back to say, the Bears spot, then I would be fine with it. Still, I'd much take the chance of getting him or Wilson in the second round.

Jughead10
04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
I really like Ross as a player. I didn't realize he was 25 until about 2 days ago. Don't know where I was on that one.

Number 10
04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Ross is my #1 CB, has been for awhile. He would thrive in the type of scheme I think Spags is going to bring in.

Forenci
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, I really like Aaron Ross. I too would have loved him to be our pick, until I found out how old he was. I mean, cornerbacks don't last that long in the league, and certainly not at a high level as they use to (ala Sam Madison).

If for whatever reason he dropped to us in the second round, which is theoretically possible, I'd snatch him up in an instant.

I just feel we so desperately need youth for that posistion that Ross would contradict that.

BaLLiN
04-25-2007, 12:48 PM
If we moved back 5-7 picks and picked up Chris Houston or Darrell Revis and a 3rd or 4th, then we could fill our needs better, but I don't think either will be there at 25-27, trading back seems good anyway because we could pick up a OLB,

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM
MY HEAD'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!!

Enough already....can't we move the draft up to tomorrow? Im all burnt out thinking about it.

Jughead10
04-25-2007, 02:28 PM
MY HEAD'S ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!!

Enough already....can't we move the draft up to tomorrow? Im all burnt out thinking about it.

I hear ya. This is the way I was last year draft time. This year I'm a little more calm. I'll always have my favorites but I'm not stressing what the Giants do. I'm taking the wait and see approach. Last year I wanted Demeco Ryans so badly. This year I probably want Revis the most but we'll see.

bigbluedefense
04-25-2007, 02:31 PM
I hear ya. This is the way I was last year draft time. This year I'm a little more calm. I'll always have my favorites but I'm not stressing what the Giants do. I'm taking the wait and see approach. Last year I wanted Demeco Ryans so badly. This year I probably want Revis the most but we'll see.

I have a mancrush on Reggie Nelson.

And after reading the nytimes article on Walter Thomas in the Dallas thread, that man just got a whole lot more intriguing to me. Im being even more tempted to hope the Giants nab him on day 2.