1. OAK QB JaMarcus Russell
2. DET DE Gaines Adams
3. CLE QB Brady Quinn
4. TB WR Calvin Johnson
5. ARI OT Joe Thomas
6. WAS DE Adam Carriker
7. MIN S LaRon Landry
8. ATL OT Levi Brown

Ultimately Detroit should trade down, but will they? Carriker makes a leap into the top eight; he's been moving steadily up and I think at this point the Skins will take him over any other defensive lineman not named Adams. Atlanta has a tough choice between Brown and Okoye, and Petrino could easily go with the Louisville kid.

9. MIA WR Ted Ginn Jr.
10. HOU RB Adrian Peterson
11. SF DT Alan Branch
12. BUF ILB Patrick Willis
13. STL DT Amobi Okoye
14. CAR TE Greg Olsen
15. PIT CB Darrelle Revis
16. GB RB Marshawn Lynch

Miami reaches for Ginn, whom they hope can fill Wes Welker's role. The Texans should take Peterson if he's there, especially after passing on Bush and Young last year. Revis looks to have claimed the title of the #1 CB in the draft at this point.

17. JAC DE Jamaal Anderson
18. CIN CB Leon Hall
19. TEN CB Chris Houston
20. NYG OLB Paul Pozluzny
21. DEN OT Joe Staley
22. DAL S Reggie Nelson
23. KC CB Aaron Ross
24. NE OLB Jon Beason

Jacksonville is targeting Nelson, but if potential top-ten pick Anderson falls I think they jump on him, much to Dallas' gratitude. With no Pacman this year, the Titans desperately need a top CB. Beason is good enough to play inside for the Pats.

25. NYJ DE Jarvis Moss
26. PHI S Michael Griffin
27. NO DT Justin Harrell
28. NE S Brandon Meriweather
29. BAL C Ryan Kalil
30. SD WR Robert Meachem
31. CHI OLB Lawrence Timmons
32. IND WR Anthony Gonzalez

Several of these teams just missed out on the players they wanted and made some questionable picks. Baltimore decides to upgrade the interior line with Kalil. Meachem should be well gone before SD picks. The Timmons selection is the precursor to a Lance Briggs trade. Indy needs receiver depth and a potential replacement when Harrison is gone.

ROUND 2

33. OAK WR Dwayne Bowe
34. DET ILB David Harris
35. TB DE Anthony Spencer
36. CLE CB Eric Wright
37. CHI OG Ben Grubbs
38. ARI DE Tim Crowder
39. ATL S Eric Weddle
40. MIA OT Tony Ugoh

Detroit and Cleveland reach for Harris and Wright, but these are two of the players getting a lot of hype heading into draft weekend. Weddle could go in the third round, but he has the package that could make a a team gamble on him early in the second. After missing out on Levi Brown, the Dolphins settle for Ugoh.

41. MIN WR Sidney Rice
42. SF WR Dwayne Jarrett
43. BUF RB Brian Leonard
44. ATL DE Charles Johnson
45. CAR OT Arron Sears
46. PIT OG Justin Blalock
47. GB TE Ben Petrick
48. JAC QB Trent Edwards

A couple potential first-round WRs are off the board here. Buffalo could easily go with a Kenny Irons/Michael Bush type, but Leonard can do it all. Blalock is the potential replacement for Fanaeca. It's time for Jacksonville to get a long-term plan at QB.

49. CIN DT Turk McBride
50. TEN RB Kenny Irons
51. NYG CB Marcus McCauley
52. STL CB Josh Wilson
53. DAL DE Quentin Moses
54. KC OT Ryan Harris
55. SEA TE Zach Miller
56. DEN DT DeMarcus Tyler

Tennessee needs a back to come in and challenge LenDale. Moses should team up with Ware to form a mean pair of rush linebackers for Dallas. Seattle uses their first pick on a replacement for Wiggins, though they are disappointed that the Packers took Petrick.

57. PHI RB Michael Bush
58. NO CB Tanard Jackson
59. NYJ CB Daymeion Hughes
60. MIA QB Drew Stanton
61. BAL ILB Buster Davis
62. SD S Aaron Rouse
63. NYJ OT James Marten
64. TB DT Quinn Pitcock

Philly gambles that Bush, a first-round talent, will recover from his injury to be a great complement to Westbrook. As there are a handful of QBs at about the same level, Miami could easily wait till the third to take a Stanton/Kolb/Beck type. Can Davis be groomed to take over when Ray Lewis retires?

ROUND 3

65. OAK DE Ikaika Alama-Francis
66. DET WR Steve Smith
67. CLE DE Lamarr Woodley
68. TB S Josh Gattis
69. ARI OLB Justin Durant
70. DEN DE Victor Abiamiri
71. MIA DE Ray McDonald
72. MIN C Samson Satele

Detroit might be wary of taking another USC WR, but Smith represents good value in the third round. Durant falling to the third is fortuitous for the Cardinals. Satele is another player that represents good value as a third round pick.

73. HOU WR Craig Davis
74. BUF CB Michael Coe
75. ATL K Mason Crosby
76. SF ILB Brandon Siler
77. PIT DE Brian Robison
78. GB OG Marshal Yanda
79. JAC S Sabby Piscitelli
80. TEN WR Johnnie Lee Higgins

The Falcons should be the first to jump on Crosby, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the second. Siler and Robison are excellent defensive players that could turn into starters for their new teams. Higgins is a bit of a reach, but a lot of folks are really high on him.

81. NYG WR Jason Hill
82. STL RB Tony Hunt
83. CAR ILB Anthony Waters
84. KC DT Ryan McBean
85. SEA OG Josh Beekman
86. DEN CB Jonathan Wade
87. DAL WR Aundrae Allison
88. NO ILB H.B. Blades

There's great value at RB here, so the Rams basically have their pick of a backup to Jackson. Carolina is looking for a Dan Morgan replacement, and could jump at either Waters or Blades. Dallas could be eyeballing Higgins but will have to settle for Allison.

89. NYJ TE Matt Spaeth
90. PHI QB John Beck
91. NE RB Chris Henry
92. BUF DT Brandon Mebane
93. SD OLB Stewart Bradley
94. CHI TE Martrez Milner
95. IND DT Marcus Thomas
96. SD DT Paul Soliai
97. SF CB Usama Young
98. IND OLB Rufus Alexander
99. OAK OT Doug Free

Philly gets a long term successor to McNabb at QB. New England gets a workout warrior to complement Maroney. San Diego gets a guy in Bradley that has the ability to play inside for them. Alexander was a potential top-ten pick heading into the year; if Indy can right the ship they'll have found a starting-caliber player at the end of Day 1.

ripdw27
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
this would be a picture perfect denver mock if you had us taking reggie nelson in the 1st... i highly doubt we pass on nelson at pick 21

jackalope
04-24-2007, 08:24 PM
1st 2 rounds are good but the 3rd is terrible. We have no need for a guard.

Fresh
04-24-2007, 08:30 PM
ewww,Quinn Pitcock and Gattis

49erfaithful
04-24-2007, 08:35 PM
good SF picks, even though i would prefer Willis over Branch in R1 and we dont need a CB in R3

Matthew Jones
04-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Beason and Meriweather, I can see. Still not really sure whether or not Meriweather is smart enough to learn the playbook, but Belichick and Pioli know these guys way better than we do. Chris Henry would be an interesting pick. I don't think he lasts that long, and I am not really totally sold on him. But if anyone can coach him up, it's Belichick, so that would be a pick that would be more of a "wait and see."

Yung Flippa
04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
good Ravens pick

indyfan1985
04-24-2007, 09:15 PM
I dont think the Bears will take a LB round 1. That leaves Lawrence Timmons for the Champs. But if for some reason Chicago does take him, the Colts would take either Dwayne Bowe or Dwayne Jarrett over Anthony Gonzalez. Then with their 1st 3rd rounder they will take the best RB available like possibly Chris Henry or Brandon Jackson and I like the pick of Rufus Alexander with the other 3rd.

Acreboy
04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Saints go Jarrett round 1 easily.

Round 2 Good pick.

Round 3 give us Matt Spaeth here

RaiderNation
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
1st okay

2nd BAD, jarrett would be a better pick

3rdA good

3rdB good

thebow305
04-24-2007, 10:01 PM
AMAZING.... PERFECT Phins 1st Round Selection. I would be the happiest man on earth!

Sniper
04-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I loved you for the first two picks, but QB is not a day one need. Rufus Alexander could work, so could Stewart Bradley

Packman1957
04-24-2007, 10:49 PM
1st-good

2nd-okay, Miller over Petrick

3rd-bad, no way we take a guard that early

Jensen
04-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Pretty good Cardinals draft.

Caddy
04-25-2007, 06:48 AM
I actually do not mind the Buc draft

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2007, 02:16 PM
1- A
2- C+
3- F

princefielder28
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Marshawn Lynch is a good selection

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I like your intermittent commentsm, it is a good idea. I think you have Ben Patrick and a few others goiing too high though, but no one is perfect, and it may pan out like that, who honestly knows? Good first round pick for the Eagles, Griffin is, I beleive, our #1 target right now. The second is fine, I would have no real major problems with it, as long as I would feel safe that Bush is recovered from his leg injury. As for the third, I don't like it at all. All the roster spots are filled up for QBs on the Eagles. We have McNabb, Feeley, and Holcombe. I doubt we take a QB in this year's draft. A suggestion here would be Anthony Waters, MLB out of Clemson. But since he is not available, I would go with a CB or DE. This would be a very good draft if it weren't for the QB in the third round.

daullaz
04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
I like your intermittent commentsm, it is a good idea. I think you have Ben Patrick and a few others goiing too high though, but no one is perfect, and it may pan out like that, who honestly knows? Good first round pick for the Eagles, Griffin is, I beleive, our #1 target right now. The second is fine, I would have no real major problems with it, as long as I would feel safe that Bush is recovered from his leg injury. As for the third, I don't like it at all. All the roster spots are filled up for QBs on the Eagles. We have McNabb, Feeley, and Holcombe. I doubt we take a QB in this year's draft. A suggestion here would be Anthony Waters, MLB out of Clemson. But since he is not available, I would go with a CB or DE. This would be a very good draft if it weren't for the QB in the third round.

Thank you for the well thought-out response. My reasoning for a Day 1 QB to the Eagles is this:

A. Value. Edwards, Kolb, Beck and Stanton are all talented enough to go in the 2nd round, but I don't think that many teams are going to be looking for QBs that early. As such, one or two of these guys are going to slip to the end of the round three or even Day 2. We've seen that McNabb isn't the healthiest of QBs, so finding a young guy to groom, even if it's just to be the next A.J. Feely, is a wise move for the organization.

B. The Bills trade. The Eagles were all set to do the trade for only Spikes and the Bills threw Holcomb in because they didn't want him anymore at all. If the Bills don't want you, that's saying something. I believe the Eagles have every intention on cutting him. At best, I expect Feely and Holcomb to battle to be the QB2 with the loser being cut during the preseason. I fully expect a developmental QB to be brought in as QB3.

C. Incredible depth. There's a lot of teams in this draft that will be trying to draft starters with each of their first three-five picks. The Eagles aren't one of them. At best, they need competition for Gaither and Considine and a backup plan for when Kearse gets re-injured and Howard is ineffective and cut. Those are the types of players that are usually targeted in the end-game. Even without a fourth-round pick currently (I do expect the Eagles to move down once or twice to get a couple extra picks), this depth allows them to select a developmental QB a little earlier than most teams.

The Eagles could very well go CB in round three, but I think by that point there will be at least a dozen CBs off the board. The quality at QB will be a lot better at that point of the draft. If I had to redo the pick and couldn't give them a QB, I would probably give them LB Stewart Bradley, with a DE like Baraka Atkins or Dan Bazuin being other options.

I've heard nothing but great things about Petrick thus far, and I think he's going to be one of those players that teams will be looking to trade up into the end of the second round to try and get. A lot of times guys like that are taken even higher by another team who decides that that player will be just too good to pass up at their slot in the second.

To everyone, I'm surprised at the mostly-agreeable feedback. Usually you guys rip into me without giving any reasoning, but it just takes a few minutes to do what alltheway did and a lot of good comes out of it. Keep up the feedback! If I do another mock I'm definitely planning on putting Jarrett higher. I thought he would slip quite a ways but it looks like there's several teams targeting him in the middle-end of round 1.

Doesn't anyone want to rip the Carriker and Ginn picks?

asmitty45
04-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Love the way you set this up.

Id say the first two for the lions are good but if we are drafting WR in the 3rd give us craig davis, otherwise give us a CB