PDA

View Full Version : Billy Devaney Sr. Personnel Executive for the Atlanta Falcons Speaks!

Shiver
04-24-2007, 10:39 PM
04/24...(1:45 pm)...Billy Devaney Sr. Personnel Executive for the Atlanta Falcons stated today on Sirius NFL Radio that the Falcons are indeed interested in moving up to the Lions pick at #2 if Calvin Johnson is passed-up by the Raiders...Devaney also stated that he would be shocked if S LaRon Landry was still available at the Falcons pick at #8...this confirms what I was told by a source and had posted in My 04/23 column.

link (http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2007draft.html)

Sounds like were moving, most likely.

iloxygenil
04-24-2007, 10:48 PM
For sure. i wouldn't doubt it even a little bit.

Shiver
04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
They may stick it out, if they are targeting Levi Brown. The closer it comes to draft day, the more likely it seems that Atlanta moves for a player they really, really want.

iloxygenil
04-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Man, I just am ready for it to be here! This is going to be a LOT of fun!

ATLDirtyBirds
04-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm estatic about the possibilities we have going on here. If we move up for Landry or Thomas, I would like to see us grab Aundrae Allison out of East Carolina. The kid reminds me alot of a Donte Stallworth.

D-Rod
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
link (http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2007draft.html)

Sounds like were moving, most likely.

C'mon Shiver, you know full well that this is the week of greatest disinformation. It's always a possibility. If anything, we're trying to make the Bucs nervous, so they offer the Lions as much as possible. But Devaney would not exactly give away our plans, would he?

You know, it's even possible that the Bucs aren't that desperate for CJ after all, but are trying to bluff us into making a massive offer. Adams, Okoye and Thomas all actually fill greater needs. I'm not saying they don't want him, but just remember that 99% of what is said is said for a reason...

catcher_0_3
04-25-2007, 09:25 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/trades/index.html

Blank wants Johnson, I want Johnson, that's convenient. Just a little thought I had that has no substance whatsoever, but there is the biggest house I've ever seen being built just a couple of miles away from my house. It has been quoted that it is the biggest house in the area, in a very well off portion of a suburb of Atlanta. Could this be Calvin Johnson's future home, could he have been holding out all this time by not saying anything about wanting to be a Falcon so other teams wouldn't move up to get him, you decide. ;).

Pit Bull #53
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I heard that interview with Devaney. He has a giant man-crush on Landry. He had major compliments for him, and basically said that he's everything you look for in a safety. Said he loved the fact that he was all business all the time, never cracked a smile during his personal workout.

Ciao Bella
04-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Landry is amazing

i remember when almost no one wnated him cause they thought he was to slow. Everyone was like "Nelson is our guy. He's amazing!!"

I never liked Nelson myself, he was good for 1 year while Landry has been good for atleast 3 years.

iloxygenil
04-26-2007, 05:35 PM
The Falcons are going to be a LOT better team after this draft. If we stay and draft Landry, we get better, if we move up and get Calvin (as long as we don't give up TOO much) we're going to be better. See, if the Falcons get to pick him up he's going to give us the best WR in the league in the next couple of years, and I would be SHOCKED if he didn't have 1000+ yards on 80+ catches his rookie season. I would NOT be shocked if he had 1400+ yards on those 80+ catches for 14+ touchdowns.

ksfalconsfan
04-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Drafting Calvin Johnson would have a huge immediate impact on the Falcons. Teams would have to respect his deep speed, which would open up the running game and short passing game. Also there would be no more questioning what Mike Vick could do with a great WR, because we'd finally have one.