PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Personnel Executive Confirms Team's Interest

Shiver
04-24-2007, 10:41 PM
04/24...(1:45 pm)...Billy Devaney Sr. Personnel Executive for the Atlanta Falcons stated today on Sirius NFL Radio that the Falcons are indeed interested in moving up to the Lions pick at #2 if Calvin Johnson is passed-up by the Raiders...Devaney also stated that he would be shocked if S LaRon Landry was still available at the Falcons pick at #8...this confirms what I was told by a source and had posted in My 04/23 column.

link (http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2007draft.html)

That is pretty big news. This is actual tangible proof of such interest, rather than the rumors and whispers that have existed.

asmitty45
04-24-2007, 10:57 PM
beautiful, a trade down and if landry is gone, theres a reason to take PWillie

reinar
04-24-2007, 11:30 PM
so we get to drop to #8, get extra 2nd rounders, maybe something next year as well? and get our MLB, pick up the DE in the 2nd, and be on to a great draft first day.

WMD
04-24-2007, 11:36 PM
My dream scenario. I wonder if the trade would be announced while we're on the clock.. or if we'd wait and have ATL pick Patrick Willis at #8, and then do the trade...

Jagonsucker
04-25-2007, 12:46 AM
If this trade goes down and Landry is off the board...hello Willis. Although id really like Landry

WMD
04-25-2007, 01:24 AM
With the extra picks from this trade.. not to mention 4 Round Five picks.. I think we can get anybody in the draft that we want.

Addict
04-25-2007, 08:37 AM
With the extra picks from this trade.. not to mention 4 Round Five picks.. I think we can get anybody in the draft that we want.

Hell if we trade down like crazy we might be able to put up an all-rookie team.

Hey just something I was wonderinig... how's our kicker situation?
(remember, I don't actually SEE nfl games) cause the guy we have in madden sucks.

ThEvIcTR
04-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Hansen is one of the best in the NFL. He is getting old though but he has but up ALOT of points for us.