PDA

View Full Version : A bit of history

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Just doing some thinking about the whole Marshawn Lynch thing we've been talking about

In 1990 Dallas had the 21st pick of the 1st round, Pittsburgh had the 17th, Dallas traded up with Pittsburgh giving up the last pick in the 3rd round to do so. They jumped ahead of the Green Bay Packers who had the 18th and 19th picks, and would have drafted Emmitt with one of the two. They instead got RB Darrell Thompson at 19.

2007, Dallas has the 22nd pick, Pittsburgh has the 15th, the Packers are said to want Lynch at 16.

Could history repeat itself in 2007?

Probably no chance in hell....but its nice to dream.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm so horny for Lynch it ain't funny. LMFAO!

Ward
04-25-2007, 01:42 AM
I'd cry a little if we traded up for Lynch.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 01:50 AM
I'd cry a little if we traded up for Lynch.
I say wait till someone drafts him first before offering a trade.

Modano
04-25-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm so horny for Lynch it ain't funny. LMFAO!

Me too. It seems like every RB with dreadlocks is a stud.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 03:46 AM
I'm about 80% sure Lynch will be there at 22.

thule
04-25-2007, 07:56 AM
If lynch is a cowboy I may shed a tear...of sadness.

Paul
04-25-2007, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't want Lynch at 22, much less trading up for him. No need to.

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 08:26 AM
If he really is Jerry's Wow guy, don't think he's going to hope he slides to 22, he'll go up and get his man one way or another.

Modano
04-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Lynch + Barber could be the best RB duo in the league. Lynch is way more talented than Julius Jones, and he is the complete package, a special player with great abilities in both running and catching. Barber has shown last year that he has a nose for the endzone and that he can punish people running with great power.
With a backfield of Lynch and Barber, Romo will have a very easier life.

Modano
04-25-2007, 08:55 AM
I say wait till someone drafts him first before offering a trade.

Who do you think will pick Green Bay? Olsen? Meachem?

Paul
04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
If he really is Jerry's Wow guy, don't think he's going to hope he slides to 22, he'll go up and get his man one way or another.

Did JJ really say he really liked Lynch? That would be news to me if he did say so.

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Did JJ really say he really liked Lynch? That would be news to me if he did say so.

Of course he didn't say he liked him, cause that would ruin his plan. But what player did Jerry say he liked? Only Brandon Meriweather, because he was asked directly if Meriweather was still on the Cowboys draft board, and all he said was yeah he's a versitile defender who can do lots of things. I like him, he's still on our board. Had he been asked do you like anybody else who might be there at 22, whats he gonna say no I don't like him. Of course he's gonna say he's a good player I like him.

Paul
04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Of course he didn't say he liked him, cause that would ruin his plan. But what player did Jerry say he liked? Only Brandon Meriweather, because he was asked directly if Meriweather was still on the Cowboys draft board, and all he said was yeah he's a versitile defender who can do lots of things. I like him, he's still on our board. Had he been asked do you like anybody else who might be there at 22, whats he gonna say no I don't like him. Of course he's gonna say he's a good player I like him.

Calm down there buddy, I was just literally asking what he said about Lynch. You said before he was JJ "Wow Guy", so I was seeing if he really said something like that.

FinChase
04-25-2007, 09:17 AM

See, when I read that, I automatically thought AD. JJ likes those big name guys who are closer to home.

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Calm down there buddy, I was just literally asking what he said about Lynch. You said before he was JJ "Wow Guy", so I was seeing if he really said something like that.

Nah, we're just having fun speculating here, we have no solid proof other than he was brought to the ranch for a visit that the Boys have any interest in him.

Paul
04-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Alrite now if we want to trade up for AD, that's different. I would definitely like that. But we would give up a ******** for that to happen. Way more then I would like.

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 09:21 AM
See, when I read that, I automatically thought AD. JJ likes those big name guys who are closer to home.

Oh I think he does love AD, but he knows the chances of getting up for AD without giving up 2008 first day picks are slim to none.

Everything we've been doing in this thread and the other about Lynch is speculation, we're having fun with the what if. Nobody besides Jerry really knows whats going on, and after listening to him the other day I'm not sure he does either.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Oh I think he does love AD, but he knows the chances of getting up for AD without giving up 2008 first day picks are slim to none.

Everything we've been doing in this thread and the other about Lynch is speculation, we're having fun with the what if. Nobody besides Jerry really knows whats going on, and after listening to him the other day I'm not sure he does either.
Exactly. The idea of drafting Lynch is just another exciting possibility to look forward to. There are a lot of things the Cowboys can do on draft day to make me happy and a lot of things they can do to make me upset. This is just another one of those options that would make me happy. I would absolutely love it. The guy has game like LT. Why don't you guys like that? He's definately a playmaking game breaker.

The biggest part of Lynch's game that needs improvement is pass blocking... but we have MB3 for that. They compliment each other perfectly.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Click on this link and then click on the Yahoo video on Soliai, when the pop up appears, click on Grading the RBs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=13

John Murphy talks about how Lynch could fall and the Cowboys being a team that could draft him. :D

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Click on this link and then click on the Yahoo video on Soliai, when the pop up appears, click on Grading the RBs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=13

John Murphy talks about how Lynch could fall and the Cowboys being a team that could draft him. :D

Damn D doing some deep digging huh, nice find even if this guy has no clue what he's talking about.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Damn D doing some deep digging huh, nice find even if this guy has no clue what he's talking about.
Actually John Murphy is a very respected nfl draft analyst.

jdnoyes
04-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Actually John Murphy is a very respected nfl draft analyst.

I know, was saying he is just speculating about Dallas, doesn't have any inside source, besides we have to try and keep Jerry's master plan on the DL, so John Murphy is an idiot he has no clue.

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 03:34 PM
I know, was saying he is just speculating about Dallas, doesn't have any inside source, besides we have to try and keep Jerry's master plan on the DL, so John Murphy is an idiot he has no clue.
Ha ha.... Riiiiiiight.... ;)

D-Unit
04-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Does this push Lynch farther down? Or does this make it easier for Jerry to trade up? I'd rather have Lynch... if that sounds like a broken record, I'm sorry.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/peterson/index.html

jdnoyes
04-26-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't think it affects Lynch one way or another, but could definately put AD in Dallas. I personally really like AD, but he could be costly even if he falls to 10 or 11, Lynch would be the cheaper guy and he could be had at 22. I guess if I had to chose between AD at 11 and Lynch at 22 I'd go for Lynch though.